Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2012, 05:16 AM   #31
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
How I did induction:

I planned meals that totaled to 500 calories (with protein and a bit of fat ), and I planned an additional 200 calories worth of food in case I needed more (I did). So, I started at 700 calories the first two DDs. Then on subsequent DDs I removed about 50 calories each DD depending on how I felt. I got down to 500 calories/DD in the second week and stayed there. Appetite suppression kicked in for me in the middle of week four. Now I range from 300 to 500 calories on DD.

It took some planning for me, I had to remind myself to eat more on UD. These days I range from 1500 - 1700 calories on UD (1650 is my goal).

Theory says after two weeks you adjust your DD calories to the rate on the website. Reality for many of us says we just keep doing what is working. Over time and weight loss, both DD and UD calories may need to be adjusted - a stall signals that. Many people just keep losing at induction levels until they reach goal.

I am losing about 2 pounds/week. And being post-menopausal and medium exercise, I am clam-happy with that. If I stall, then I know I can adjust calories as needed. Once you get those sirtuin enzymes running around in your body, it is amazing how low-stress this woe is.
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links