Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   weighing in question (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/756798-weighing-question.html)

vcille 02-07-2012 09:11 PM

weighing in question

I'm in a biggest loser contest at work. We weigh every Wednesday..any suggestions of how to do this since every other weigh in i'll be weighing after an UD?

MintQ8 02-07-2012 11:35 PM

Hmmm - not really?? perhaps always make Wed a Medium Day - so your week goes something like this!

Sunday DD
Monday UD
Tuesday DD
Wednesday MD
Thursday UD
Friday DD
Saturday UD

It won't be perfect - because the MD will lose you the extra DDs. I suppose you have to decide which is more importnat - the BLC at work - or getting the extra DD in?

The other option would be to try to make sure your UD was a 'natural' UD - ie nothing that may cause you to bloat or retain water? Eat more food at lunchtime on that day etc? Although - I need my big dinner the night before an UD!

Good luck!

KeirasMom 02-08-2012 03:37 AM

Have you been weighing daily? I find it doesn't make a whole lot of difference with me if it's following an UD or DD.

02/01 - 248.0 - UD
02/02 - 247.6 - DD
02/03 - 245.8 - UD
02/04 - 246.2 - DD
02/05 - 245.6 - UD
02/06 - 244.4 - DD
02/07 - 244.4 - UD
02/08 - 243.6 - DD

I weigh first thing in the morning. Some people have noticeable gains after UDs though. :dunno:

LightlyStarched 02-08-2012 05:20 AM

Are there weekly challenges, or is the big prize at the end of the competition? I'd just make sure the very last weigh in is after a down day.

SoHappy 02-08-2012 05:38 AM

If the only weight that matters to this contest is the final weigh-in number, I'd just do the regular UD/DD rotation and leave it at that. As you go along, you will find that there are DDs, after which you are up a smidge, and there will be UDs, after which.. you are down a little, which always seems to surprise us, but only goes to show that weight loss is truly not linear, and does not always immediately follow what we ate in the previous 24 hours.

But, if each week is a contest, and there is a definitely need to get as low a weigh-in number as possible each Wednesday morning, I'd do my weekly schedule like this:

Sun UD
Mon DD
Tue MD
Wed UD
Thu DD
Fri UD
Sat DD
Sun UD
Mon DD
Tue MD
Wed UD

That way, you will have two low calorie days leading up to that Wednesday morning weigh-in, and this rotation will have your body as low on undigested food as possible before the weights are taken, and then after the weights are taken, you are free to enjoy a lovely Wednesday Up Day to start your next seven days of JUDDD.

alibaba 02-08-2012 05:39 AM

It doesn't seem to make much difference for me either. Sometimes I gain after DDs, and lose after an UD. It does seem to matter how well I ate on my UD though. If I eat alot of salt or carbs, it'll show up as water weight for me.

monica1210 02-08-2012 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alibaba (Post 15398441)
It doesn't seem to make much difference for me either. Sometimes I gain after DDs, and lose after an UD. It does seem to matter how well I ate on my UD though. If I eat alot of salt or carbs, it'll show up as water weight for me.

Me too. There's no rhyme or reason. I can have a big dip in weight after and UD and a gain after a DD. I just try not to freak out! :)

Good luck!

I won our company BL competition one year. I only lost 7 pounds but got lucky that a bunch of the girls quit weighing in. I won $300!!!