Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Looking for some Juddd magic! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/756753-looking-some-juddd-magic.html)

KJ-43 02-07-2012 01:58 PM

Looking for some Juddd magic!

I has been said that you get a boost of energy doing Juddd but it has not happen to me yet. The last 2 days I have been really tired and I don't know if its b/c I workout 4-6 days a week or both ud's and dd's at a pretty high intensity. For example I took a spinning class on my DD saturday and the next day I was whooped. Does anybody have any suggestions on what I should do and how may weeks till I can get that boost. I have been doing Juddd going on my 4th week now.:help:
kj

KathyL 02-07-2012 05:36 PM

I work out 6-7 days each week. I make sure my weight training days fall on UDs for sure. I usually walk 3 miles on weight days also. Then on DDs I usually get a 5 mi walk in and will do another activity.....yoga, kick boxing, pilates, etc. So it's a minimum of 1 hour each day and up to 2+ hours. (This is the time of year I actually have ample time to exercise. Once our market season starts in May I have to cut back.) I work out first thing in the morning and most days I seem to have plenty of energy. I always have a whey protein shake right after any intensive workouts. I think they really do help with recovery. But I admit there are days here and there that the rest of the day seems shot and I have nothing left.

sophiethecat 02-07-2012 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KJ-43 (Post 15397043)
I has been said that you get a boost of energy doing Juddd but it has not happen to me yet. The last 2 days I have been really tired and I don't know if its b/c I workout 4-6 days a week or both ud's and dd's at a pretty high intensity. For example I took a spinning class on my DD saturday and the next day I was whooped. Does anybody have any suggestions on what I should do and how may weeks till I can get that boost. I have been doing Juddd going on my 4th week now.:help:
kj

Hi KJ, sorry you're not feeling the energy. :console: I'm wondering if your energy needs are higher than your UD calories can provide since you sound very very active? Will you remind us what your UD calories are?

KJ-43 02-07-2012 06:04 PM

my UD calories are about 1900 although I find it hard to get that in and my dd are always under 500 but not by much. Last week my dd's I did Zumba and spinning in which I burn between 500-600 plus calories and on my UD's I had my weight training class. This week its the opposit since my classes are on the same day every week. It seems that this week it has taken a toll on me.

kj

mykidsteacher 02-07-2012 06:24 PM

Sorry you are feeling low energy this week. I'm not experienced enough to help, just wanted you to know I read.

mykidsteacher 02-07-2012 07:32 PM

KJ, I was just reading over on Mark's Daily Apple--someone asking about doing sprints and lifting on the same day, and a poster gave a link to this article--http://thatpaleoguy.com/2012/02/07/are-your-sprint-intervals-a-pain-in-the-ans/.

It might address the fatigue you are feeling.

cammie 02-07-2012 11:19 PM

It's funny but I was just thinking this morning how on straight low carb I was waking before the alarm, but on JUDDD (still LC) I'm sleeping right up to (and beyond) it. I've even had a couple of afternoon naps which I never did before! Right now I'm thinking it's an adjustment period and I'll get all my energy back eventually, LOL!

KJ-43 02-08-2012 01:26 AM

Thanks and I will read that site.
kj

gotsomeold 02-08-2012 02:04 AM

On page 156 Dr J talks a little about exercising on DDs. He says calories burned in intense exercise can be replaced. His example is: burn 100 calories jogging on DD, add 100 calories to your DD allotment ... just be sure to be accurate in assessing calories burned (to avoid over eating).

KJ-43 02-08-2012 05:54 AM

I wear a heart rate monitor when I exercise
Kj

Beeb 02-08-2012 06:17 PM

Eat more, that is my suggestion! I eat probably up to your 1900 most times doing my FDs and I don't exercise at all.

When I was in weight loss I was eating 1650 to 1700 calories and again, NO exercise at all.

I really think you need more UD calories for the amount of exercise you do. PLUS, you state you don't eat up to the 1900 ceiling on your UDs and I think that is another problem. Seems to me your body is just tired from not having enough food to use for energy.

Just my opinion and knowing that at 4 weeks that JUDDD energy should be making an appearance. :dunno:

sophiethecat 02-08-2012 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beeb (Post 15400551)
Eat more, that is my suggestion! I eat probably up to your 1900 most times doing my FDs and I don't exercise at all.

When I was in weight loss I was eating 1650 to 1700 calories and again, NO exercise at all.

I really think you need more UD calories for the amount of exercise you do. PLUS, you state you don't eat up to the 1900 ceiling on your UDs and I think that is another problem. Seems to me your body is just tired from not having enough food to use for energy.

Just my opinion and knowing that at 4 weeks that JUDDD energy should be making an appearance. :dunno:

I also wondered if your calories were too low for your activity level, KJ. I didn't exercise at all during WLM and ate only 100 or so calories less than you are now, with all that you do. I'm eating at least your calorie level now on FDs with still very little exercise. That's why I was wondering before if your UDs are not providing you enough energy. Something to consider. I hope you find that "spark" with JUDDD soon. :) :console: :hugs:

KJ-43 02-09-2012 01:42 AM

Thanks Ladies!

Today is an Ud for me and I am going to focus on eating more. This sounds so strange to say when you are on a diet.:)
kj

gotsomeold 02-09-2012 02:21 AM

I can kind of understand why there is a difference between eating low cal/fasting on moderate- to low- exercise, and eating about the number of calories you are burning on higher exercise levels. That sweet point where the energy kicks in must be just beyond your reach.

Which translates to: if eating more on UD does not improve your situation, try getting really wild and add a hundred or so calories on DD.