Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Inflammation improvement? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/756494-inflammation-improvement.html)

KeirasMom 02-05-2012 07:58 PM

Inflammation improvement?

I had a pretty bad fall on Wednesday. I landed on my left side, scraped up my knee pretty badly, struck my elbow pretty hard, and hit my cheek and temple, knocking off my glasses, the whole nine yards.

It's only been 4 days and I'm feeling almost back to normal. When I've had similar injuries in the past, it's taken a couple of weeks to return to where I am now.

I'm thinking this must be related to the reduction in inflammation effect associated with JUDDD.

Has anyone else experienced anything similar?

Jenn1225 02-05-2012 09:10 PM

wow whatever it is, it's good to know you're ok!

MintQ8 02-06-2012 01:37 AM

Sorry to hear that Dawn!! Don't know if it is JUDDD - but great news!!

sazzie 02-06-2012 05:46 AM

I haven't experienced anything similar since being on JUDDD, but so glad to read that you're healing a lot faster than usual.

Kissa 02-06-2012 05:50 AM

Not the easiest way to check JUDDD's efficacy in inflammation control, but we all appreciate you dedication.

But seriously, ow! Glad you are making a quick recovery. I just hope it had nothing to do with wine experiment.

KeirasMom 02-06-2012 05:52 AM

Ha! The joke is that we were going IN to the restaurant. It would have made more sense coming OUT.

I'm just a natural klutz. I was walking and looked back to answer a question, and hit the curb. I also have vertigo, so once I start to go over, there's no stopping me. :o It was horribly embarrassing. And there was definitely consolation wine.

Kissa 02-06-2012 05:53 AM

Well that's all right then, lol.

Star73 02-06-2012 05:58 AM

I've been doing intermittent fasting for only a week and I've noticed a difference in my fibro pain. I do believe periods of fasting helps! Good for you ! :clap:

sophiethecat 02-06-2012 07:33 AM

Glad you're OK, Dawn! :hugs: :hugs:

I'm pretty klutzy too. :o

I'm not sure if it's JUDDD, but I think I'm less sore after workouts than I used to get. :)

mykidsteacher 02-06-2012 07:40 AM

Glad you are ok, and are healing quickly.

sungoddess 02-06-2012 09:11 AM

I am really curious about people's improvements in this area. This is one of the reasons I am doing JUDDD. I NEED to see the inflammation in my system decrease.
It is a hard thing to measure though and I am hoping that it IS JUDDD that helped you heal faster. Good going. :)

dasiey 02-06-2012 12:03 PM

I'm glad you are ok. Yay for judddd

monica1210 02-06-2012 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Star73 (Post 15392388)
I've been doing intermittent fasting for only a week and I've noticed a difference in my fibro pain. I do believe periods of fasting helps! Good for you ! :clap:

I am putting my almost 18 year old on a modified version of this plan as she is having fibro-type pain. I am really happy to hear you are getting relief! She is in pain every day and nothing is really helping her, so I hope this plan does!

Star73 02-06-2012 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monica1210 (Post 15393639)
I am putting my almost 18 year old on a modified version of this plan as she is having fibro-type pain. I am really happy to hear you are getting relief! She is in pain every day and nothing is really helping her, so I hope this plan does!

bless her heart! Mine started in my 20s and it can sure make life hard. I also follow a gluten free diet and I limit dairy. Cheese doesn't seem to bother me, but milk does. Gluten is so inflammatory. Just cutting that out helped a lot. But, doing intermittent fasting has really helped me a lot lately. I feel better than I have in a long time. :) I hope your daughter gets better. It's so hard to go through day after day not feeling well. :hugs:

ouizoid 02-06-2012 01:52 PM

I am one who definitely gets a benefit from JUDDD. I have a bad arthritic syndrome and my pain is wayyyyy better when I am juddd'ing--

LightlyStarched 02-06-2012 01:59 PM

I went hiking both Saturday and Sunday this weekend and my knees didn't hurt AT ALL. That's really amazing for me.

adillenal 02-06-2012 02:00 PM

Regular LC helps me a lot. If I can stay away from the sugar all is well. I don't eat wheat unless it is in sprouted grain Ezekial bread.
Now that I think about it, I have not had any joint pain even with the sugar lately. Hmmm.

monica1210 02-06-2012 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Star73 (Post 15393796)
bI also follow a gluten free diet and I limit dairy. Gluten is so inflammatory. Just cutting that out helped a lot. But, doing intermittent fasting has really helped me a lot lately. I feel better than I have in a long time. :) I hope your daughter gets better. It's so hard to go through day after day not feeling well. :hugs:

The gluten info is really great! I will talk to her about it. She LOVES pasta and I just introduced her to the Shirataki noodles. She just sent me a text to buy more of the "squishy noodles" as she plans on finishing them tonight. That's a good sign! Thank you for the hugs! We need them. It's been (and continues) a long road for her. When I told her about the possibility of this helping, she seemed very interested! THANK YOU! :)

Star73 02-06-2012 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monica1210 (Post 15393895)
The gluten info is really great! I will talk to her about it. She LOVES pasta and I just introduced her to the Shirataki noodles. She just sent me a text to buy more of the "squishy noodles" as she plans on finishing them tonight. That's a good sign! Thank you for the hugs! We need them. It's been (and continues) a long road for her. When I told her about the possibility of this helping, she seemed very interested! THANK YOU! :)

you're sooo welcome! Please PM me and update me on how she does. We hurt when our kids are in pain or sick, so I feel so bad for you. There is a lot of info online too about gluten and fibro. Keep me posted :)

sophiethecat 02-06-2012 10:38 PM

Also wanted to add that I am not troubled by environmental/seasonal allergies since I got going with JUDDD.

And my Mom has been JUDDDg for about a month and is noticing less RA (rheumatoid arthritis) joint pain!

:)