Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2012, 02:31 PM   #31
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Praying all is well with your family, and that your Dad heals well and recovers completely from his surgery.
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-22-2012, 04:22 PM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: giggles4me
Stats: 160/135/125
WOE: JUDDD / low carb
Start Date: 8/16/2014
will keep your family in my prayers.
giggles4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 04:32 PM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Location: Smack Dab in the center of Arkansas (Go Razorbacks!)
Gallery: arkie1
Stats: 286 highest 257/250.8/??
WOE: Low Carb-IF/cngd d to JUDDD/lc on 2/9/12 (230)
Start Date: Feb 8, 2010 IF ON 8-14-11
Sorry to hear your dad had to have surgery. for you and your family.

Carole
arkie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 04:49 PM   #34
_catzy_

Gallery: Bonnie
WOE: Low Carb Maintenance
Keeping your family in my thoughts and prayers
Bonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 08:46 AM   #35
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: jem51
Stats: oh so happy at 120
WOE: Mine, all mine
Start Date: controlled carb '97-98
Hope your dad is doing well. Take care.
jem51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 06:44 AM   #36
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Thank you, Everyone! I appreciate all you guys so much.

I will post this in the WEIGHT MANAGEMENT: How are You Doing Today? (Part 2) thread too.

I have tried to pop in and out on the forum over the last week (it was last Mon. night I had to get Dad to the ER) but this morning I have some time to just sit at home and relax and get some things done here too, so I wanted to update and also just to say "hi" to all of you, my JUDDD buds!

Dad was transferred from the ER in our area to a hospital with the specialization for what he needed - it's 1-1/2 hour drive from here. I've been driving my Mom up pretty much daily.

There were some rough days for him after his surgery on Wed. morning, and it seemed Sat and Sunday were the worst.

Sunday I had too much going on here that had been planned ahead, and my brother took her to the hospital. He kept me updated with texts all day.

But the emotional part of it all had caught up with me. It was so much stress on me all week, but particularly on Sunday, that I was actually afraid of how it was affecting me...wondered if I had a decline in mental function since I was experiencing forgetfulness, muddled thoughts, uber sadness, crying, drop-of-hat emotional responses, etc. I was so worried about him, so sad - everything you can imagine if you father is hurting, depressed, in pain, etc. I was a wreck. It didn't help that I was pre-menstrual.

I felt better after going to an evening function that got me out out the house and around some friends. It was at a fitness facility, so I got some exercise - worked up a bit of a sweat - and I felt a lot better by the time I got home. Plus, I found out Dad was actually eating and doing a little better that evening, so there was relief for me.

Yesterday I went to see him and he seemed to be doing pretty well considering the health crisis and surgery he'd gone through. I am hoping the weekend was his worst days and that he's fully on the road to recovery now. **I just talked to him a minute ago and he thinks he's feeling even better than yesterday! I thought he sounded pretty good, and I know he got tons of sleep yesterday.

Mom is doing well. She is trying to run the business they have and take care of things, and thankfully there are people there helping her out everyday.

I am not sure if she was sticking to JUDDD during this or not. We haven't had time to talk about it that much lately. I know she was sticking to her JUDDD rotation at first. If she has gone off schedule, she is aware she can just get back on it.

During last week I had two FDs in a row on Tues & Wed, then switched over to MUDDD later in the week. It's my easy-p. version of MUDDD where I do a DD from the time I go to bed until 5 - 8 p.m. the next evening. Then I switch to a FD which usually lasts the entire next day until I go to bed. During the DD portion of my day, I can still eat my 500 - 800 calories if I want.

I have had one thing or another practically this whole month of February that has affected my weight - from starting exercise, which I think caused some weight retention in my muscles and also may have thrown my period off, along with the stress of this last week... my period was over a week late. So there was all that extra hormonal flux going on that I think also had me retaining a bit. And probably a little "comfort eating" sometimes during the last week (the hospital cafeteria has a wonderful selection of food and everything is good!) Also more fast food than I usually eat since we've been on the road daily.

But anyway when it's all said and done, here are my weights on days I've been able to access my scales. Where you see "dd/fd" is when I switch from the DD portion of my day to a FD in the evening and it continues all the next day...

2/1 FD 138
2/2 FD 137
2/3 DD 138
2/4 FD 139
2/5 FD 137
2/6 DD 137
2/7 FD 136
2/8 dd/fd 138
2/9 FD 137
2/10 DD 138
2/11 FD 137
2/12 FD 138
2/13 DD 139
2/14 FD141
2/15 DD 141
2/16 FD 138
2/17 DD 139
2/18 FD 141
2/19 FD 138
2/20 DD 140

2/24 dd/fd 140
2/25 FD 139
2/26 dd/fd 141
2/27 FD 140
2/28 dd/fd 139

I've hardly had any exercise over the last week, other than some walking around the hospital and a couple min. on the rebounder when I'm home. But I'll try to get in my Callanetics today.

Thanks everyone for all your thoughts and well-wishes!
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 07:05 AM   #37
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: Maintaining ±4 lbs.
It's so difficult to be attending to all you have been in this last week!

You're a strong gal and I feel you have done amazingly well, both with your emotions and your WOE! You seem to be acutely aware of your feelings and that's very healthy.

Your weight fluctuations are remarkably reflective of my own, and I know that once everything settles down, you will be on top of things again.

Keep the faith, and I'm sending all by best thoughts and vibes to you!!!
sazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 07:08 AM   #38
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Oh Sophie, I am so sorry life got so stressful and complicated! Crisis after surgery is a nightmare - it is no wonder it all got overwhelming.

I am really glad your Dad is improving.

You have been, and will be in my thoughts and prayers. Thank you for letting us know what is happening!

And congrats on not gaining! WOW!
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 08:04 PM   #39
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sazzie View Post
It's so difficult to be attending to all you have been in this last week!

You're a strong gal and I feel you have done amazingly well, both with your emotions and your WOE! You seem to be acutely aware of your feelings and that's very healthy.

Your weight fluctuations are remarkably reflective of my own, and I know that once everything settles down, you will be on top of things again.

Keep the faith, and I'm sending all by best thoughts and vibes to you!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post
Oh Sophie, I am so sorry life got so stressful and complicated! Crisis after surgery is a nightmare - it is no wonder it all got overwhelming.

I am really glad your Dad is improving.

You have been, and will be in my thoughts and prayers. Thank you for letting us know what is happening!

And congrats on not gaining! WOW!
Thank you Sazzie & Gotsome! I really appreciate it.

After seeing him today it has really sunk in that there may not be any "easy" days for him for a long time, but I will remain positive - things must really be taken one day at a time and dealt with each day. And each day must be appreciated.

My Mom got on my scales today (wearing clothes and shoes of course, lol) when she came by early afternoon and was 156#! She was surprised that she hadn't gained massively over the last week, instead it's just one pound. I told her that's one of the great things about JUDDD - that you can have a "bad week" or even two and still not pack on the pounds like you do with other diets.
Old 02-28-2012, 08:52 PM   #40
Major LCF Poster!

I'll pray for his recovery. Sounds like it's been a rough week for you and your mom. How nice that your woe is so flexible as to not add more stress during this time!

I've been thinking of you this week.
Old 02-29-2012, 03:17 AM   #41
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

It is so when we realize life is never going to be the way it was before, that 'normal' is being redefined. Keep us updated when you can.
Old 03-04-2012, 11:04 AM   #42
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykidsteacher View Post
I'll pray for his recovery. Sounds like it's been a rough week for you and your mom. How nice that your woe is so flexible as to not add more stress during this time!

I've been thinking of you this week.
Thank you, Tina!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post
It is so when we realize life is never going to be the way it was before, that 'normal' is being redefined. Keep us updated when you can.
So true!

He's home, getting a little stronger, appetite back, everything a bit improved. Such a relief, and of course hoping for continued progress each day.

On a JUDDD related note, Mom got new scales and we tested them with a 5# bag of flour, and they were right on. Then I got on, and was down low in my maintenance range to 136#!... a number I haven't seen for almost one month (lots of stress, hormonal issues, new exercise, etc. kept me retaining all this time). I've been MUDDDg for over a week now and slowly going down on the scale. My stress level has lowered too since Friday.

But Mom, who fell off the JUDDD wagon in the midst of all this stress, got on and weighed 150#!!! (With clothes and shoes on, of course! *rolls eyes* LOL) She couldn't believe it and was so happy. I told her the fat-burning genes were still perking along even though she wasn't sticking to the rotation. I think this motivated her to get a good DD in soon and get back on the rotation to keep things going.

We JUDDD!!!

Last edited by sophiethecat; 03-04-2012 at 11:10 AM..
Old 03-04-2012, 11:15 AM   #43
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
That is so great! What a good idea to weigh 5# flour to check for accuracy. Your Mom is proof that the JUDD magic is for real!
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 12:41 PM   #44
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: Maintaining ±4 lbs.
I just had to laugh that your mom weighs with clothes and shoes on.

I've read folks taking everything off, including barrettes in their hair to get weighed.

I'd say your mom is the polar opposite, eh?!

I'm so happy this is working for her!!!
sazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 07:51 AM   #45
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DD80
Stats: 188/165.0/145 5'10"
WOE: Organic GrassFed Gluten-Free 5/13 Dairy Free 2/14
Start Date: 1/10/12 Medi, 2/9/12 First UD, 1/1/13 New Plan
Sophie, just caught up on this thread. I didn't see that your dad got sick, but now I'm caught up and I'm so glad to hear he is on the mend!
DD80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 06:23 PM   #46
Blabbermouth!!!

Just a quick update. First, thanks again, Sazzie, DD and Everyone!

Dad is on a long road of recovery but he's getting better all the time.

I had a chance to talk to Mom tonight, and asked her if she was still doing JUDDD. I knew she'd had a hard time sticking to it with everything going on the last month. She said she's started up the rotation again as best she can, though she's not getting her DDs low enough yet.

Earlier in this thread I mentioned that she has RA. She's had it for over 20 years. Well, I reminded how much better she was feeling when she was doing the JUDDD rotation. She agreed whole-heartedly, and said she forgot just how good she felt until she was off the diet a while and the pain came back. It's a big incentive for her to get back into it, besides the weight loss which she also wants quite bad. She said she'd like to lose at least a little more weight.

I think in a couple weeks I'm going to hear from her that she's lost weight and feels better again.

Last edited by sophiethecat; 03-21-2012 at 06:25 PM..
Old 03-21-2012, 06:27 PM   #47
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
That's surely good news. And wonderful that her pain level is down when she does her JUDDD, even without her DDs being terribly low. Weight loss is just a bonus.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 08:35 PM   #48
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DD80
Stats: 188/165.0/145 5'10"
WOE: Organic GrassFed Gluten-Free 5/13 Dairy Free 2/14
Start Date: 1/10/12 Medi, 2/9/12 First UD, 1/1/13 New Plan
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiethecat View Post
Just a quick update. First, thanks again, Sazzie, DD and Everyone!

Dad is on a long road of recovery but he's getting better all the time.

I had a chance to talk to Mom tonight, and asked her if she was still doing JUDDD. I knew she'd had a hard time sticking to it with everything going on the last month. She said she's started up the rotation again as best she can, though she's not getting her DDs low enough yet.

Earlier in this thread I mentioned that she has RA. She's had it for over 20 years. Well, I reminded how much better she was feeling when she was doing the JUDDD rotation. She agreed whole-heartedly, and said she forgot just how good she felt until she was off the diet a while and the pain came back. It's a big incentive for her to get back into it, besides the weight loss which she also wants quite bad. She said she'd like to lose at least a little more weight.

I think in a couple weeks I'm going to hear from her that she's lost weight and feels better again.
This is great news Sophie! I'm so glad to hear that your dad is doing better. Your mom will get back into it!
DD80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 01:31 AM   #49
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I am so glad your parents (and you) are getting their lives back!!!
Old 03-31-2012, 08:19 PM   #50
Blabbermouth!!!

Thank you, guys.

Good news, Dad was given the all-clear by the dr (who did his surgery) to do pretty much whatever he wants and is able to do. His recovery is the best it can be for someone that had his condition, and though he has a long way to go yet, he's come so far and will likely keep improving, and I'm so happy.

Bad news - those scales Mom has at home are wrong! They weigh too light, and we both suspected it, but it's true. She is at 154# on correct scales, and when she complained about her weight, I reminded her that she's been off JUDDD for most of the last month and she still weighs less than she did a month ago... and she realized that was true and it made her feel better. So she's back to working on getting her calories at the proper levels, and we'll see how it goes...

Last edited by sophiethecat; 03-31-2012 at 08:22 PM..
Old 04-01-2012, 03:24 AM   #51
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wonderful news about your Dad! Great news about your Mom being at a lower weight after over a month of craziness!

It is SO sad when we realize our 'happy' scales are not correctly calibrated
Old 05-14-2012, 08:52 PM   #52
Blabbermouth!!!

She's 148# !!! (with clothes of course, crazy sweet mommy, lol!) Six pounds lost since March 31, and that's with being off the JUDDD wagon most of the time. Though she's been working it as well as she can lately. She took my advice and dropped the morning gigantic bowl of sweet cereal and has veggie omelets in the a.m. instead and this seems to keep her going longer.

She's very active with her family business, and that helps too.

For those who haven't seen this thread before, Mom is 68, has RA, and her goal back in the winter was to see the 140s.... Her loss has been slow compared to many (14# since starting JUDDD in Feb.), a lot of that due to not being able to strictly follow JUDDD due to circumstances in life, but even so, she's at a milestone now and still going with it.

Last edited by sophiethecat; 05-14-2012 at 08:56 PM..
Old 05-14-2012, 10:13 PM   #53
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
Nice!
Thanks for the update.

Last edited by piratejenny; 05-14-2012 at 10:14 PM..
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 03:07 AM   #54
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Great news Sophie!

I am sorry life is still happening so frequently for her (and you).
Old 05-15-2012, 04:06 AM   #55

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Awesome!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 06:49 AM   #56
Major LCF Poster!

Great update! WTG Sophie's Mom!
Old 05-15-2012, 07:52 AM   #57
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: buttoni
Stats: 196/170/150
WOE: Atkins Start 4/09
Start Date: 4/21/09 Height 5'5", Age 64
That's SO COOL! And you'll be able to help her and offer great tips and encouragement along the way. But it sounds like she is doing pretty well on her OWN!!!!! It's always nice to have someone doing the same program, isn't it?
buttoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 09:28 AM   #58
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Sheridan
I'm glad to hear this good news about your mom, Sophiethecat. You know, 6 pounds down since March 31 is nothing to sneeze at, especially knowing that she's been "juggling BBs" (really busy with a lot of "life" going on) and hasn't been strictly following along. Very great to read your update, thanks!
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 09:42 AM   #59

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiethecat View Post
She's 148# !!! (with clothes of course, crazy sweet mommy, lol!) Six pounds lost since March 31, and that's with being off the JUDDD wagon most of the time. Though she's been working it as well as she can lately. She took my advice and dropped the morning gigantic bowl of sweet cereal and has veggie omelets in the a.m. instead and this seems to keep her going longer.

She's very active with her family business, and that helps too.

For those who haven't seen this thread before, Mom is 68, has RA, and her goal back in the winter was to see the 140s.... Her loss has been slow compared to many (14# since starting JUDDD in Feb.), a lot of that due to not being able to strictly follow JUDDD due to circumstances in life, but even so, she's at a milestone now and still going with it.
I'm tickled pink to hear this report. This just goes to prove that even if you don't follow JUDDD religiously, and lose weight at great speed, you can still benefit from it during those periods of time that you can give it your all. Woo Hoo!

And those periods of strict adherence are completely up to us and how we need to live our current lives. Sometimes life is more relaxed, and we can devote more to strict JUDDD, and maybe sometimes life is hectic and demanding, and it's easier faced if we can relax our JUDDDing.

Let your Mommy know that JUDDD adherence should be a nice help to her in fighting rheumatoid arthritis pain and damage! A great many studies are reporting this benefit from IF, so that's promising.

Also, have her get her Vitamin D level checked. If that is below the given normal range, and frankly... even if it's within normal but at the lower end... supplementing with this will also do wonders for RA control/pain/aches, etc. At least it's worth looking into.

Glad your mom is losing some weight with JUDDD. That's a good thing.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:11 AM   #60
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
Sophie, I'm so happy for your mom. I know that keeps you encouraged too. By the way, is that adorable pic you in the avi? So sweet. Prayers for your dad and you and your mom. You have always been such a great support for me. Your mom and dad sure did things right with you! I can "hear" what a great daughter you are and you're a wonderful JUDDD BUDD!!

Phyl
gotitnow is offline   Reply With Quote