Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2012, 09:29 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jenn1225
Stats: 255/175/145
WOE: Was LC'ing, now JUDDD Newbie
I'm going to be pulling out my hair soon

It's been exactly a month since I started JUDDD and I've barely lost anything. Heck this past week or better has been a tease. Every DD I go to bed at 172 or slightly less and every morning I wake up at 170. This is exactly what was happening on LC, I get right up to the brink of a new low weight and my body would just stall.

I'm really starting to get depressed, I just dont know what I'm doing wrong. I keep seeing post after post of people losing amazing amounts while I sit here and go crazy.

Whats even worse is that I get to sit here and watch my bf lose like crazy while only guessing at his calories, he's about to pass me up.

The calories I have listed on ************ for the last couple weeks (when I started keeping track) are:

UP: 1975
DD: 180
UP:1800
DD:180
UP: 1700
DD:300
UP:1817
DD:400
UP:1710
DD:260
UP:1709
DD:380

Do I need to up my UD cals to stay around the 2k? All I'm doing right now is maintaining so wouldn't I lower my calories?
Jenn1225 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-04-2012, 09:30 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

I'd like to add that I usually add an extra 100 calories at the end of the day to make up for any errors in calculation and coffee creamer.
Old 02-04-2012, 09:35 AM   #3
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: lil miss
WOE: LCMW
Start Date: 1/1/13
HI, no advice, just <hugs> as I am in EXACTLY the same boat.

So happy to hear of people losing etc but throw a little pity party when I am TRYING to lose and not! haha

I am hoping my problem is hormonal and will adjust and also going to keep my meals really simple this week.
lil miss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 09:57 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kris4chloe
Stats: 229/181/140 HW:265
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Sept 2011 Restart / Sept 2010 Original Start
with those calories are you exercising also? if so at what intensity?

if you are just doing moderate exercise shouldn't be a problem, but if anything more intense you may need to up your calories?
kris4chloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 10:01 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Just so you don't feel alone, a (((hug))) from another slow loser.
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 10:23 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

I actually don't get to exercise as much as I probably should. My life is so hectic that I can't afford much time to that area.

I'm really starting to think about going back to LC. Maybe the stall I had there has been broken from being off it for a month. The JUDDD diet seems like a good one to maintain on, at least for me but I'm not ready for maintenance =(.

I'm willing to try anything at this point to keep me from going back to LC though. =(
Old 02-04-2012, 11:05 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Majella
Stats: 191/183/132
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: June 2013
Hi Jenn I have only lost 2lbs in a month. But I did some IF and it seems to have kick started my losses again. I did a couple of days of eating only from 2pm to 7pm and sticking to my UD and DD calories. I now see the gaps between meals as essential for me. Also lots of water in the fasting hours. I hope you find what works for you soon
Majella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 11:22 AM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majella View Post
Hi Jenn I have only lost 2lbs in a month. But I did some IF and it seems to have kick started my losses again. I did a couple of days of eating only from 2pm to 7pm and sticking to my UD and DD calories. I now see the gaps between meals as essential for me. Also lots of water in the fasting hours. I hope you find what works for you soon
This is what I have noticed also! I have seen a difference when I eat in a window w/ 24 hour fasting. Also, I was getting ready to ask if there are many postmeno trying this??? I have always blamed my slow losses on that.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 11:27 AM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I also want to add that even though I am a beginner with JUDDD, I have done IF in the past. It is not for everyone, but the thought of it helping my metabolism kickstart is why I am going to keep trying. Also, I am 20 lbs heavier than you and my cals are 400/1500 & I have only lost 5 lbs in 3 weeks.
Old 02-04-2012, 11:37 AM   #10
_catzy_

Gallery: Bonnie
WOE: Low Carb Maintenance
If you are thinking about going back to LC have you tried doing it with UD/DDs? It has been working great for me. I keep my numbers at 300-400ish/1500, and 40 or less net carbs. I don't drink any alcohol or eat sugar. I have been adding in a couple of (good) carbier items every couple of UDs or so, still staying under my limit, and I have not seen the big bounce on my scale that can be so frustrating. You may be able to get away with higher numbers but I am 59 and can't. Also, one thing I have noticed is that I need to watch my sodium. A lot of lower calorie items have way too much sodium!!
Bonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 11:44 AM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
If you are thinking about going back to LC have you tried doing it with UD/DDs? It has been working great for me. I keep my numbers at 300-400ish/1500, and 40 or less net carbs. I don't drink any alcohol or eat sugar. I have been adding in a couple of (good) carbier items every couple of UDs or so, still staying under my limit, and I have not seen the big bounce on my scale that can be so frustrating. You may be able to get away with higher numbers but I am 59 and can't. Also, one thing I have noticed is that I need to watch my sodium. A lot of lower calorie items have way too much sodium!!

Bonnie, it looks like we both eat about the same in cals. How long have you been JUDDD and what has your total loss been? I do need to cut out the wine, I probably have it about 2 days per week and that could be my issue.

Old 02-04-2012, 11:46 AM   #12
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: LadyKT
Stats: 159/153/125 - 5'3"
WOE: Ah Ah Ah Ah Stayin' Alive, Stayin' Alive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn1225 View Post

The calories I have listed on ************ for the last couple weeks (when I started keeping track) are:

UP: 1975
DD: 180
UP:1800
DD:180
UP: 1700
DD:300
UP:1817
DD:400
UP:1710
DD:260
UP:1709
DD:380

Do I need to up my UD cals to stay around the 2k? All I'm doing right now is maintaining so wouldn't I lower my calories?
I've noticed a few of the "maintainers" around here have far higher DD cals and are actually losing. Also, i'm smaller than you and my cals are 600/1800. So i would suggest upping BOTH UD and DD. I did a little test and noticed for whichever percentage I chose on the site, my UD cals were the same but my DDs were different depending on percentage. So stick to whatever your UD cals are, at least within i'd say 100 cals, and up the DDs. Hope that helps!
LadyKT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 11:49 AM   #13
_catzy_

Gallery: Bonnie
WOE: Low Carb Maintenance
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
Bonnie, it looks like we both eat about the same in cals. How long have you been JUDDD and what has your total loss been? I do need to cut out the wine, I probably have it about 2 days per week and that could be my issue.

I started LC UD/DDs on 01/06/12 and as of today I am down 11 lbs. I lost 22.4 on Atkins prior to that so I am down 33.4 lbs since 11/14/11. Overall, an average of about 2.783 lbs per week.
Bonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 12:00 PM   #14
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
This is what I have noticed also! I have seen a difference when I eat in a window w/ 24 hour fasting. Also, I was getting ready to ask if there are many postmeno trying this??? I have always blamed my slow losses on that.
Quote:
I also want to add that even though I am a beginner with JUDDD, I have done IF in the past. It is not for everyone, but the thought of it helping my metabolism kickstart is why I am going to keep trying. Also, I am 20 lbs heavier than you and my cals are 400/1500 & I have only lost 5 lbs in 3 weeks.
Hi Sunday

I also shake things up a little more from time to time with various types of IF. There have been some days where I fasted 14 - 18 hours, then started FD eating. There have been some "Fast 5" eating patterns, or in my case usually up to 8 hour windows. I have done MUDDDg (24 hr UD/DD instead of JUDDD's regular 36 hr) Then I go back to regular JUDDD for a while. It's not always on purpose, a lot of times it is just what works for me at a particular time as far as special occasions and things going on or just how my appetite is going. But some of it is purposefully in order to challenge my body more while in maintenance.
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 12:22 PM   #15
Senior LCF Member

hmmm, well on DD's I only eat dinner. The rest of the day is coffee/splenda/10cal creamer. So I only eat between 730pm-10pm. My UDs I try to balance everything so I'm not eating everything in one meal. So i'll have B/L/D/S. Lately I've been trying to fix my eating pattern slightly and plan a bit better. For a little while there I had way to many calories to eat for dinner and found myself forcing food down my mouth to get close to my count for the day. Doing a bit better with that though.
Old 02-04-2012, 12:45 PM   #16
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiethecat View Post
Hi Sunday

I also shake things up a little more from time to time with various types of IF. There have been some days where I fasted 14 - 18 hours, then started FD eating. There have been some "Fast 5" eating patterns, or in my case usually up to 8 hour windows. I have done MUDDDg (24 hr UD/DD instead of JUDDD's regular 36 hr) Then I go back to regular JUDDD for a while. It's not always on purpose, a lot of times it is just what works for me at a particular time as far as special occasions and things going on or just how my appetite is going. But some of it is purposefully in order to challenge my body more while in maintenance.
I was wondering what MUDDD stood for?!?! Thank you for sharing this! Do you see pattern or difference in your losses when adding the fasting period? I think my age plus my slow metabo is the reason that I think this may be my answer!
Old 02-04-2012, 12:46 PM   #17
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
I going to say that I think you should raise your DD calories to at least 500 and see what happens. You are getting an average of 1050 calories a day the way you are doing it, and to me that is just doesn't seem like enough average daily calories to kick start your metabolism and give JUDDD a chance to work.

I have never gone below 575 calories and usually am up to, even from the start, 700/750 calories on DDs. I lost at a wonderful pace with my numbers being 700/1650 at the start and now 700/750 and FD, no counting, in maintenance. My average daily calories from the start were between 1200 and 1250 a day and I only had 6 pounds to lose, starting at 151 and going 10 pounds past my goal of 145 using this calories. I actually upped the DD calories to 800 for a bit and gave myself 1700/1800 calories to stop losing. When it stopped I adjusted to maintain and do so now with 700/750 DDs and FDs.

JUDDD is really a WOE that less does not mean "more", and we need to eat to lose.

Why not upping those DD calories for the next week and see what happens? Also, try doing UD/DD with LC, like many do here? It seems to work for them and maybe what you will find works for you.

HTH.....

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 12:49 PM   #18
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
I started LC UD/DDs on 01/06/12 and as of today I am down 11 lbs. I lost 22.4 on Atkins prior to that so I am down 33.4 lbs since 11/14/11. Overall, an average of about 2.783 lbs per week.
Congrats! I see that you are now at my 1st goal! My losses were quite slow on Atkins. So, I am staying low carb and maybe wine free until I get to goal.
Old 02-04-2012, 12:54 PM   #19
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb View Post
I going to say that I think you should raise your DD calories to at least 500 and see what happens. You are getting an average of 1050 calories a day the way you are doing it, and to me that is just doesn't seem like enough average daily calories to kick start your metabolism and give JUDDD a chance to work.
I hearing this! I will experiment on adding cals to my down days and up days. You are quite the testimony to JUDDD and I like to remind myself that this does not come off as fast as it came on!
Old 02-04-2012, 01:43 PM   #20
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: theredhead
Stats: 229/152/150
WOE: Atkins/hCG/maintaining EASILY with JUDDD
Start Date: 09/04/03
I don't know how tall you are, but I was kind of thinking you needed to add some DD calories, too. Try it. You can always do something else if it doesn't work. I've been losing on DDs of 600 calories, although my original intention was to just maintain.
theredhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 02:01 PM   #21
Blabbermouth!!!

Hope upping your DD calories is just the thing you need!

If JUDDD is to be sustainable over the long-term, it must be livable too. The DDs must be livable.

What I mean is, there are times here and there when some of us like super-low calorie DDs if we are feeling the appetite suppression, and for some others (not me), super-low calorie DDs just come easy as pie. It's livable then.

But sometimes, DDs do not feel livable. So, if you are truly hating life on every single DD, it may do a lot more good to raise those calories a bit.

I lost with around 500 - 750 calorie DD in WLM. It all still worked fine. I only wish I'd known then about how filling protein foods would be for me and that I could have stayed full and satisfied longer if I'd had more of these instead of trying to eat raw veggies, veg. soup, lite bread, etc. as my meals. That works for some, but I was suffering a lot, especially at night.

Having a little higher DDs (and more time with JUDDD under my belt to increase the appetite suppression), I find DDs can be quite livable - not only because I don't feel terribly hungry much on DD (except during times in my cycle - then watch out!) but also I have those extra calories to use in "real life" situations, such as dinners out (checking nutrition info first to make low cal decisions) or with family (having what they are eating, just less of some things, more of low cal things) or for a treat (last night I had a glass of wine on DD). Sometimes it barely seems like a DD if I work the food choices right. Having a few hundred extra calories on DD really makes a difference, even if you end up not using your full limit.
Old 02-04-2012, 02:04 PM   #22
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I was wondering what MUDDD stood for?!?! Thank you for sharing this! Do you see pattern or difference in your losses when adding the fasting period? I think my age plus my slow metabo is the reason that I think this may be my answer!
Do you mean when I go between MUDDDs 24 hr to JUDDDs 36 hr? I haven't noticed a difference in losses, but I still like to do some regular JUDDD DDs now and then just in case it keeps the CR benefits primed. Although I never noticed a lessening of them, but just in case.
Old 02-04-2012, 02:08 PM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Truffles
Stats: 142/125/128 JUDDD
WOE: LC&JUDDD
Start Date: 3/11 LC - 1/12 LC/JUDDD
HHave u added carbs back to your diet?? This may be why the losses are really slow. I have been eating low carb for about a year this time around, lost 12lbs and then stalled. For a LONG time! I am staying LC, atleast for now. I have lost 3lbs during the first 2 weeks.

If it is because of the carbs I hear that this will change in time, or maybe you have a carb sensitivity. If not maybe changing your calories will help.

Good luck!!
Truffles is offline   Reply With Quote