Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2012, 05:31 AM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186/179-mini goal
WOE: Atkins
Has anyone moved to JUDDD after Simeons Protocol?

I just completed a round of hhcg and today is the first day of P3. I'd like to move to JUDDD but don't know if I should stabilize here first then move to JUDDD'ing or can I just start JUDDD now? I want to keep losing weight so stabilizing here isn't a big thing right now. Has anyone else done this and if so how did you transition? I'm torn on what to do....
shari is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-04-2012, 05:44 AM   #2

Gallery: Cruzcrzy
Stats: 183/136/129-131
Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
I just completed a round of hhcg and today is the first day of P3. I'd like to move to JUDDD but don't know if I should stabilize here first then move to JUDDD'ing or can I just start JUDDD now? I want to keep losing weight so stabilizing here isn't a big thing right now. Has anyone else done this and if so how did you transition? I'm torn on what to do....
I did two rounds of hhcg, no correction days. After my last round I moved to JUDDD about 2 weeks into P3. I went on to lose more. I knew I was finished with hhcg. Do you plan on doing anymore hcg rounds? I really wish I knew how to advise you. I would probably do at least a week of P3. How much more do you want to lose?
Cruzcrzy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 05:51 AM   #3

Hi Marie, no I'm not doing another round. I did multiple rounds from 09-10 and got burned out but they were successful rounds. I did this last round to get out of the high 170's to low 160's. I'm now 164.4 and would like to get to 145 so I have a little under 20lbs to go. That's what I was thinking..maybe do at least one week. Do you eat low carb too or just within cal limit?
Old 02-04-2012, 05:56 AM   #4

Quote:
Hi Marie, no I'm not doing another round. I did multiple rounds from 09-10 and got burned out but they were successful rounds. I did this last round to get out of the high 170's to low 160's. I'm now 164.4 and would like to get to 145 so I have a little under 20lbs to go. That's what I was thinking..maybe do at least one week. Do you eat low carb too or just within cal limit?
Congratulations on your success!!
When I first started JUDDD I went crazy with the carbs. By some miracle, I maintained fine at the time. I had some surgery in November(tummy tuck/breast lift) so 2 months post surgery, I just ate normal. My body was healing, so did not want to do the calorie cycling. I've been back on JUDDD almost a month now, and am eating lower carbs, losing more, and seeing less fluctuation. I DO still have some treats, but, more like once a week, instead of EVERY up day, lol. I think JUDDD is perfect for maintenance after hcg.

The BEACH is my HAPPY PLACE.

Old 02-04-2012, 06:04 AM   #5

Thanks I did JUDDD briefly before doing this last round and yeah, I went crazy on the carbs and sugar...not making the best and healthiest choices. After the holidays I gained a lot of weight and I wanted to get it off quickly, using the protocol. Now I'm ready to get the rest off using JUDDD. Thanks again for your help.
Old 02-04-2012, 06:07 AM   #6

Quote:
Thanks I did JUDDD briefly before doing this last round and yeah, I went crazy on the carbs and sugar...not making the best and healthiest choices. After the holidays I gained a lot of weight and I wanted to get it off quickly, using the protocol. Now I'm ready to get the rest off using JUDDD. Thanks again for your help.
After doing hcg, every other day is easy, peasy, lol. I look back now, and I don't know how I survived two rounds. I'm glad I did, but, it was hard. I never lost my appetite like some do. My dh is currently doing his first round, and first diet ever since we've been married(29 years this month!). I was 146at the beginning of January, and now I am 136. I love JUDDD! I hope to maintain between 136-139. My dh plans to JUDDD with me once he is off hcg.
Old 02-04-2012, 07:34 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: theredhead
Stats: 229/155/150
WOE: Atkins/hCG/maintaining EASILY with JUDDD
Start Date: 09/04/03
Shari, I'm another long-time low carber, hCGer. I've probably done ten short rounds of hCG in the past three years. No more. After this last "maintenance" round to re-lose 12 pounds, I jumped right into JUDDD and have been thrilled to continue losing. I ended my round at 149, with a goal of 145. I never could quite get back to goal on a round. I couldn't stand to do it a minute more than I had to, lol. I started P3 and immediately bumped up to 151, which I always do. Since I started JUDDD the week of Thanksgiving, I've lost ten pounds, and I'm well below my goal, much to my surprise! I love JUDDD! And like Cruz says, the every other day dieting is easy-peasy after doing hCG.

So, I'm really not advising you either way on the P3. I know some have felt it helps stabilize them, but frankly, I was never stable enough. I personally don't buy into the idea of the reset hypothalamus based on my own experience. I was ready to quit sweating the bumps up and the correction days. Sure, it's kind of like doing correction days every other day anyway, but it's nice to choose whatever foods I want to use.

I hope this helps. Whenever you start JUDDD, I know you'll do well.
Click here for our fatties pics!
And another old one

Click here for a new picture.
And another newer one
theredhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 07:39 AM   #8

Laurie, I don't really buy into the reset either. I don't really have anything to base my opinion on, lol, but, I just don't. Someone once mentioned why would you want to reset at anything less than your goal weight anyway? What's the purpose.
Old 02-04-2012, 08:04 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: belfrybat
WOE: Lowish carb (formerly on Protein Power)
From past experience, I needed the three weeks to stabilize on P3. The time I didn't do that I gained all the lost weight back. But each of us are different.

I don't see any reason P3 couldn't be done on done JUDDD with alternating calories up and down -- just don't eat starchy foods or foods with added sugar for the first three weeks, and then add them slowly to see how your body reacts. Dr. S. doesn't say anything about eating a certain number of calories on what we call P3 -- just no starchy or sugary foods. Fruit is OK in moderation.
belfrybat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 09:11 AM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: b_lou_who
Stats: 2014 was195/now186.9 5'7" 44
WOE: whole organic low-sugars IF vegan
Start Date: 1997
I did three weeks of lowcarb after round of hcg before coming to start juddd. I am losing. I think you need to be careful to do the stabilizing and then start another kind of loss. There are hormonal issues at stake after doing hcg.
b_lou_who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 09:47 AM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: theredhead
Stats: 229/155/150
WOE: Atkins/hCG/maintaining EASILY with JUDDD
Start Date: 09/04/03
Brigit-Carol has a good point. Since JUDDD is only a calorie cycling plan, you can choose whatever you want to eat, so you can certainly do P3-style JUDDD. There is absolutely no reason to add carbs, ever.
theredhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 11:09 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: oneoftwo
Stats: 146/120/120 (maintain 118-120max) 5'3.5"
WOE: Atkins/HCG one round to goal/JUDDD to maintain
How many days was this current round?

I did HCG for 1 round to get to my goal weight. I did a 40 day round and then 1 week of P3 and then right to JUDDD with no restrictions with my food. I never have done a correction day and really thing the HCG has "reset" me and the JUDDD is a good plan for me to maintain. Here are my 1 month stats for January with JUDDD. My LDW for my round of HCG was 120

121.4 -1/1 Sun - FD
122 - 1/2 Mon - MD
123 - 1/3 Tue - DD
121 - 1/4 Wed - FD
121 - 1/5 Thur - DD
120 - 1/6 Fri - FD
121.2 - 1/7 Sat - DD
119.4 - 1/8 Sun - MD
120 - 1/9 Mon - FD
121.4 - 1/10 Tue - DD
120 - 1/11 Wed - FD
121 - 1/12 Thur - DD
119.8 - 1/13 Fri - MD (need tomorrow to be a UD)
121.8 - 1/14 Sat - UD (big jump, may be due to PMS, will need a strick DD tomorrow!)
120.8 - 1/15 Sun - DD
121.4 - 1/16 Mon - FD
122.6 - 1/17 Tue - FD (TOM/PMS plus my 1/15 DD became more of a MD)
121 - 1/21 Sat - DD
120.6 - 1/22 Sun - FD
121.8 - 1/23 Mon - DD
121.4 - 1/24 Tue- FD
121.8 - 1/26 Thur - UD
121.4 - 1/27 Fri - DD
121.6 - 1/28 Sat - FD
? - 1/29 Sun - DD (did not weigh)
122 - 1/30 Mon - FD
oneoftwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 12:17 PM   #13

Thanks ladies you all have helped a lot.

Bridgit-Carol~ The concept of doing P3-JUDDD style occurred to me too. That's a great idea, thanks.

b_lou_who~ great advice..that's one of my thoughts too..hence the hesitancy. Thanks.

Marie~ wow, that's incredible that hubby is doing hhcg after not dieting in 29 years..you must have really impressed him!

Laurie~ that's amazing!! Congrats to you!!

Oneoftwo~ I did the bare minimum 21 day cycle I wasn't hungry and felt great, I was just tired of the same boring food (low-fat). Other than that I would've stayed on until goal.

Last edited by shari; 02-04-2012 at 12:18 PM..
Old 02-04-2012, 08:18 PM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sherrymyra
I did 2 rounds of hcg and about 6 months of maintenance after this last round. While I maintained my weight to within a few pounds I "don't even" think I reset my hypothalamus. Really, I am wondering if there is such a thing. I watched what I ate like a hawk, while some people said they could eat a huge amount of calories and any type of food they wanted and never gain an ounce because their hypothalamus was set. I never did feel like I could eat anything out of the ordinary or any extra calories, and did in fact gain a few pounds while eating my "calories" every day. I started JUDD and lost about 8-9 pounds in the last 2 months. Hopefully I can maintain this weight now without being afraid to eat.
sherrymyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 06:30 AM   #15

Thanks Sherrymyra. Are you eating low carb or just watching calories? That's fantastic losses..I'd be happy with that!
Old 02-05-2012, 06:48 AM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sherrymyra
Basically I don't eat flour or sugar I still haven't eaten alot of starchy vegetables either. I have not jumped into the eat anything way of eating. Hard in my mindset to make myself try it. If I do I would only eat starchy foods here and there. And I will never eat flour or sugar again.
sherrymyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 06:55 AM   #17

Yeah it is hard after coming from other plans to just eat freely of any food group. It's working for you, KUTGW!
Old 02-06-2012, 05:46 AM   #18
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: Maintaining ±4 lbs.
Shari,

I agree with Marie and Laure. I doubt that protocol did any resetting, at least, for me!

I started protocol in August of '09.

The first 3 rounds took care of the 30 lbs I needed for goal.

Then I had to do another 2 rounds to lose the same 10 lbs. over and over. So, in the end I did a total of 5 rounds and I felt like I was pedaling backwards up a hill.

I was in my 3rd month of P4, and believe me, I was struggling and did NOT want to do another round. I had had enough.

Started JUDDD in October '11, and released to my goal am maintaining beautifully. I'm even starting to lose once again!!

Gracie's Journal
sazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 10:34 AM   #19

Wow, that's wonderful Gracie! I decided to start JUDDD yesterday but I am doing it P3-style for a few days then will add in other stuff. There are many thoughts about the resetting thing...I don't know as I've yet to complete a whole round through (P2-P4). I will just lose the rest of the weight to goal with JUDDD.
Old 02-06-2012, 04:03 PM   #20
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: Maintaining ±4 lbs.
Quote:
Wow, that's wonderful Gracie! I decided to start JUDDD yesterday but I am doing it P3-style for a few days then will add in other stuff. There are many thoughts about the resetting thing...I don't know as I've yet to complete a whole round through (P2-P4). I will just lose the rest of the weight to goal with JUDDD.
Shari,

Good idea to do P3 style for awhile until your body adjusts. Then, you can gradually add in those carbs.
If you see that the weight is creeping up because of the carbs, don't let that alarm you.......glycogen stores can play mind games with you.

It WILL come off!!!
sazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 06:10 PM   #21
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cdwrites
Quote:
Originally Posted by b_lou_who View Post
I did three weeks of lowcarb after round of hcg before coming to start juddd. I am losing. I think you need to be careful to do the stabilizing and then start another kind of loss. There are hormonal issues at stake after doing hcg.
I just saw this thread and since I did two round of hcg last year, I decided to jump. What do you mean about hormonal issues after hcg? I think I have had issues. I gain weight, 2-3 lbs with each TOM cycle and it doesn't come off when TOM is over. This didn't happen to me before hcg. I have gained back the 13 lbs I lost on hcg over the last 6 months. I didn't gain weight because of eating the wrong foods. I still didn't add back sugar and I don't eat grains. Right now I am experimenting with adding more carbs. I hit an all-time high today of 38g carbs. I've been under 10g per day for long stretches and under 20g for most of the time (without weight loss). I'm starting to disbelieve a lot about hcg. Does anyone think it could be a placebo effect? I noticed another thread about being cold on DD on JUDDD. I remember the same thing on hcg and everyone said it was the hcg and that it was burning fat and that's the reason for the coldness. Hmmm. I wonder if you become cold on DDs, without hcg, because of becoming hypothyroid or just lowering thyroid due to the low calories. Just occurred to me this could be possible.
cdwrites is offline   Reply With Quote