Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Missing my pupster, but doing better (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/756135-missing-my-pupster-but-doing-better.html)

KeirasMom 02-03-2012 04:24 PM

Missing my pupster, but doing better

The vet called. We can pick up Reeses' ashes. :cry: I miss my baby. He always laid in my lap on DDs and kept me warm, all 80 lbs of him!

mayleesa 02-03-2012 04:36 PM

Awwwwww i wish i could hug ya now....me and my wonky pup will lay on you to keep ya warm!

lil miss 02-03-2012 04:53 PM

aww I am so sorry Dawn, my heart absolutely breaks for you. Our pets really are members of the family. Take care of yourself, just like Reeses' would want you to :)

<hugs>

Jbinme 02-03-2012 05:06 PM

:hugs:

sophiethecat 02-03-2012 06:55 PM

Aw Dawn, feeling for you! :sad: :console:

WWC 02-03-2012 07:02 PM

So sad! I'm sorry. :console::hugs:

Bonnie 02-03-2012 07:07 PM

:console:

Beeb 02-03-2012 07:25 PM

:cry: I know exactly how you are feeling!! My Little Miss passed in Oct and there isn't a day that goes by that I don't wish I could just kiss her little face/head again! I actually started feeling better when she came home again and now she has a special place in the living room where I can pass by often and say hello.

:console: for you today and all the days to come.

KeirasMom 02-03-2012 07:34 PM

Thanks everyone. I know he's not hurting anymore, so I take comfort in that.

itsmeshelly01 02-04-2012 04:22 AM

Im so sorry Dawn!! I wish i could come and give you a big hug!!! I cant imagine losing our doggie one day. Thats gonna be very hard. when they have been with you so long they are family. You are in my prayers!

Kissa 02-04-2012 05:48 AM

All my best wishes, glad you are feeling a little better.

WildIrishRose 02-04-2012 06:33 AM

Oh dawn I'm so sorry! Big hugs :hugs: headed your way!

kris4chloe 02-04-2012 09:12 AM

i'm so sorry

i know how you feel, lost my belove kitty tolouse in december and still think of him every day.

he was my companion and foot warmer

mykidsteacher 02-04-2012 09:20 AM

I'm so sorry Dawn. ((((hugs))))

sophiethecat 02-06-2012 08:52 PM

:console: :hugs: Condolences, Dawn! :heart: :heart:

gotsomeold 02-07-2012 03:41 AM

Our animal companions make our lives so much fuller and richer. I realized long ago the joy they give is worth the pain of losing them. But, sigh, I sure miss the little lady who had to leave two weeks ago.

How is Keira doing? How are the other dogs doing? Chuckle, my remaining cat spent a week looking for Tatyana. Now, she is taking over the best napping and window-watching places (the places Tatyana claimed and would never share) for herself.

KeirasMom 02-07-2012 04:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gotsomeold (Post 15395311)
Our animal companions make our lives so much fuller and richer. I realized long ago the joy they give is worth the pain of losing them. But, sigh, I sure miss the little lady who had to leave two weeks ago.

How is Keira doing? How are the other dogs doing? Chuckle, my remaining cat spent a week looking for Tatyana. Now, she is taking over the best napping and window-watching places (the places Tatyana claimed and would never share) for herself.

Thank you for asking, and I'm sorry for your loss.

Keira's doing better. She had a really hard time for a few days, but seems to be bouncing back. The dogs are still not adjusted. The older one (Chow/Shepherd), who is the alpha, seems to be alternating between being even more bossy and then becoming playful with the younger one. The younger one (Boxer/Mastiff), is just absolutely bereft. She's only two and that was her playmate and protector. Every time we let them in the house, she searches for him. She is starting to play again though, so I think she's starting to understand and accept.

Our cat, as usual, is above all emotion and doesn't seem to notice the difference.