Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   What would you do? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/756097-what-would-you-do.html)

Jbinme 02-03-2012 12:41 PM

What would you do?

I've been following JUDDD for just over 2 weeks. I've lost 6lbs. I stick to my calories on UDs and DDs. Well tomorrow I'm going to eat at someones house and I really won't know how many calories are in the meal. Luckily it falls on an UD. I don't want to mess anything up! Any suggestions?

monica1210 02-03-2012 12:49 PM

If it were me, I would just take note of everything I ate and try to figure it out later online. There are so many great websites with the calories already figured out. Even if it isn't EXACT, you will be in the ball-park.

Also, if you know you are going to indulge, I would probably go a little more modest in my other two meals. Especially if I know there will be wine involved. (Where there almost always is at the parties I attend!) :clap:

Most important, Have fun! Even if you are off (I went 500 over on our anniversary), you will just hop right back on track with a great DD.

KeirasMom 02-03-2012 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monica1210 (Post 15386605)
If it were me, I would just take note of everything I ate and try to figure it out later online. There are so many great websites with the calories already figured out. Even if it isn't EXACT, you will be in the ball-park.

Also, if you know you are going to indulge, I would probably go a little more modest in my other two meals. Especially if I know there will be wine involved. (Where there almost always is at the parties I attend!) :clap:

Most important, Have fun! Even if you are off (I went 500 over on our anniversary), you will just hop right back on track with a great DD.

Exactly what I would do too.

catr31 02-03-2012 12:52 PM

I would just keep the calories low all day and then go enjoy the meal and not worry about it. Of course I've only been on JUDDD for 7 days so what do I know.:laugh:

Jbinme 02-03-2012 02:13 PM

Thanks! Great ideas. I think I'll eat light the rest of the day and guestimate(is that a word?) the meal. I'll try to enjoy myself and not stress about it!

2BoysMom 02-03-2012 02:34 PM

I'm doing that today - my husband and I are going out to a great little Italian restaurant tonight, before I leave for a week on business, so I am just going easy throughout the day, and plan to throughly enjoy my date night!

Beeb 02-03-2012 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catr31 (Post 15386621)
I would just keep the calories low all day and then go enjoy the meal and not worry about it. Of course I've only been on JUDDD for 7 days so what do I know.:laugh:

:goodpost: and I always just eat half of what I want just in case the calories could be more than expected/guessamated. ;)

sophiethecat 02-03-2012 08:58 PM

Great advice here, just wanted to add, "Enjoy!" :high5:

Joedi 02-04-2012 10:43 AM

If it was me, I would allocate a block of calories for my meal.
When i was losing, an UD would be 1800 cals, so when I went to our local chinese buffet...impossible to count..I would allocate 1200 cals for that..and use the other cals for my meals before ( I never needed anything after...lol!)
I just ate what and how much I wanted, logged the meal as 1200 cals, and had my DD the next day as normal.

hugs
Jo
x

Karen925 02-04-2012 03:19 PM

Been here before. Save your calories for the meal and log the meal as best as you can. For me, the habit of recording my meal is very valuable.

I used this time to notice any reactions- wheat reactions, cravings, lethargy, etc...

Finally, I avoid drinking my calories when losing. Much prefer to chew them.

I would like to point out that taking the time to figure out strategies for social eating is time well spent because they occur so frequently.

Jbinme 02-04-2012 05:57 PM

Well I had the meal and I'm stuffed! Sure was good. I planned for 1000 cal and I'm not sure if I ate that much. Either way I'm done for the day and I plan on a good DD tomorrow. Thanks for all the suggestions:)

dasiey 02-04-2012 06:40 PM

its an ud enjoy it. thats what i would do....

Jbinme 02-05-2012 05:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jbinme (Post 15389700)
Well I had the meal and I'm stuffed! Sure was good. I planned for 1000 cal and I'm not sure if I ate that much. Either way I'm done for the day and I plan on a good DD tomorrow. Thanks for all the suggestions:)

AND the scale is down this morning! I love JUDDD:jumpjoy: