Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2012, 06:01 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: kaysol
Starting JUDD again, its been awhile

Hi Judders (not sure if that sounds so good... , I tried this way of eating about a year ago and did it for 3 weeks or so and then life got crazy and I gave up. Have tried LC, weight watchers, just about everything else and this is the only one that I actually felt good on and didnt feel deprived on. I am a SLOOOW loser (1/2 pound average on WW, 2pound on atkins induction and then nothing for the next month - not very encouraging). My endocronologists sent me to a dietician - who I wanted to explain my whole weight loss journey to but she looked over my menus, said I needed more carbs and basically gave the insulin resistant diet (which I am, slightly and take metformin for). Read that book years ago, lost weight the first week on it and then found out I had celiac and focused all my attention on being gluten free. Anyway, as I was entering my balanced" food in the log I realized I was only eating 900 or so calories a day and thought "why the heck am I not doing JUDDD, the 600 is not that far off and the higher days would be great" -and then I started again. (Still doing the dieticians advice of balancing carbs and protein - 30 carbs to 15 protein as it does help with hunger and keeps me from carbo loading - I am less likely to eat 4 cookies if I have to balance each cookie with a cheese stick !)

I did my 4th up day yesterday and I am down 21/2 pounds so far. This weekend is my youngest daughters bday party and the next day is the Superbowl (which I only watch for the food so I decided to try changing the cutoff window for this weekend at least. If it doesnt work out I figured it would be better than 2 days of UDs. Yesterday I had my UD breakfast (french toast) and lunch at 3:30 (chipoltle) and then quit eating to start my DD which I did today. I am getting ready for an UD dinner in a few minutes and boy am I ready for it! This might work better for me as I am can go most morning without eating till afternoon (unless I eat something and then I am starving all day). I will let you all know how this weekend goes and where I end up on Monday!

Have been reading all the threads and not only impressed with all the success but also by what a great supportive group of people you all are! (So Happy - I am SO HAPPY to see you are still here - you were always so helpful and encouraging the last time and you kept me from chewing off my arm on many dds..)

Stephanie

Would love to lose 25 pounds but would be perfectly thrilled with 15...heck at this point 10 would be great :" - REALLY SLOW LOSER...
kaysol is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-2012, 08:24 AM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
back, Stephanie! I believe you are going to do GREAT!!!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 08:30 AM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Woo Hoo! Welcome back!

This place is rockin' now, very friendly and happy and encouraging and supportive. Lots of success and excitement. Well, hard not to be excited when you're eating amazing meals and losing weight too.

Glad you're back. We should just consider this as though you've come *home*.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 08:33 AM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Thanks guys, I am so excited to not only have a great way of eating to follow but with lots of wonderful support, it makes such a difference in staying motivated! I am in this one for the long haul - no quitting - I will get there eventually and even if it is 1/2 pound a week it will add up and I wont be miserable getting there!
Old 02-03-2012, 08:35 AM   #5
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaysol View Post
Thanks guys, I am so excited to not only have a great way of eating to follow but with lots of wonderful support, it makes such a difference in staying motivated! I am in this one for the long haul - no quitting - I will get there eventually and even if it is 1/2 pound a week it will add up and I wont be miserable getting there!

Great attitude! I'm hoping it will go easily and smoothly for you!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 11:44 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Welcome Stephanie! You have a good attitude and are already seeing results! What's not to love?
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 12:48 PM   #7
Junior LCF Member

Thanks for the welcomes!

I have been trying for years to lose this weight and I always get frustuated and give up and that has gotten me..no where! If I had just kept going at the little bits at a time I would be there by now, really all I have done is wasted time, so, this time I am all in!

Loving all the great info on this board, amazing food ideas and its always better to suffer with others! (although its really not that bad which is what I love)
Old 02-06-2012, 06:56 PM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: b_lou_who
Stats: 2014 was195/now186.9 5'7" 44
WOE: whole organic low-sugars IF vegan
Start Date: 1997
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaysol View Post
I have been trying for years to lose this weight and I always get frustuated and give up and that has gotten me..no where! If I had just kept going at the little bits at a time I would be there by now, really all I have done is wasted time
One of the ideas that really wins me with juddd is that tomorrow is always a different day. In the big scheme of things as life goes on, even if you overeat on an up day or give yourself a free day, there is no way to treat that as blowing your "diet ". At worst you just adjust your ud /dd schedule. No big deal, no failure, no wasted days months or years. Just another day of intermittent fasting followed by another normal up day. Just human. Feels peaceful to me.
b_lou_who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 10:11 PM   #9
Junior LCF Member

Yes, that is how I am feeling - even if I have a dd that isnt right I just adjust the next day and move forward, going day by day seems so much more doable than even weight watchers with the weekly points etc. I always felt like if I blew it one day the whole week could be blown, with this I feel like its baby steps but that they will add up to something bigger...