Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2012, 03:59 PM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: meeha
Stats: 258/258/when it feels right
WOE: My Way
Start Date: 1/09/2014
Calculations??

I was just wondering if everyone eat according to the calculations given on the JUDDD website?

Mine are UD= 2232 and DD= 446
Now believe me when I binge I'm sure I have reached 2232 and maybe beyond. Today was my first UD and I only reached 1225 with absolutely no hunger. I ate when I was hungry and didn't if I wasn't. I really don't want to force myself to eat if I am not hungry. So was just wondering how others handled the numbers?

Did you altered the calculations or do you eat to the exact number?
meeha is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2012, 04:02 PM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/146.4/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
I just responded to you on the other thread. Here's what I put:

"Meeha,
From your stats, it would appear that we are pretty close in weight. Not knowing all the other factors, I'm inclined to think that you really need to try to eat more on UDs. My numbers are 2200/1500 and you'd better believe I get close to 2200 and I'm losing very well.

If it's a problem with the "bulk" of the foods you're eating, perhaps you can increase by eating some more calorie dense foods. Peanut butter, wine, healthy fats to cook with, etc.

I believe part of what sustains us through the DDs is eating well and fully on the UDs. Pat (SoHappy) also has mentioned the constant piston-like pushing up and down, high calorie day to low calorie day, to help increase our metabolism and get us working like a well oiled-machine (to paraphrase--hope I got the analogy close).

While you don't have to eat up to those high numbers every single UD, I think it's a good idea to at least try, and especially if you're that far away.

Whatever you decide, I wish you luck!"

Atkins 10/24/11 @ 277.6
JUDDD 12/12/11 @ 267.8
January 2013 @ 165.0: Maintaining however feels the most comfortable with little bouts of WLM thrown in here and there.
January 2014 @ 145: Maintaining with 5:2 and/or JUDDD
July 2014, weight is creeping up: Back to JUDDD.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 06:41 AM   #3
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
meeha-
I have some unique problems (post-menopausal; hypothyroid), and I already knew that the JUDDD calculator UD number was way too high for me to lose (3 years ago when I started JUDDD).

At that time, it was possible to contact Dr. J via his website (I don't know if that's still possible), and I wrote to ask about that. He told me that he wished he hadn't put in any UD number at all because the significant number for the plan is the DD one. Your UD calories should be what you'd 'normally' eat--i.e., maintenance level.

Of course, someone like me doesn't have a 'normal,' but I knew that I could not lose unless I averaged <1000 cal (because that's how I was eating low carb and just losing a pound a week). With JUDDD, it was much easier for me to eat 400/1400 than to try to sustain 900 cal daily. I should point out that my endo monitored me and thought the plan was great for someone like me who needs to seriously restrict calories. I still lost just about a pound a week, but I would never have been able to sustain such a low caloric level long term without cycling.

This is a long way of saying that you can set your UD calorie level at any number that 'works' for you. That's what I did and lost over 100 lbs in 2 years with JUDDD.
Leo41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 06:44 AM   #4
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Dr. J also says this in his book about the UD calories. He says the DD calories are the important ones.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 06:53 AM   #5
_catzy_

Gallery: Bonnie
WOE: Low Carb Maintenance
I have an UD number that I try to get as close to as I can but I don't worry about it if I don't make it. I don't believe in forcing myself to eat to a certain number either. I have never gone over it.
Bonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 07:48 AM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
If I had stayed vLC on JUDDD, I would have had trouble reaching my UD limits most days too. Adding back carbs made it easier to reach that number. Those of you not reaching your numbers regularly, are you also eating LC? Just curious is all.

Now that I eat lowER to moderate carb again, I sometimes don't feel like eating all those calories either. It's also due to eating more protein lately. Because of that, I don't feel like snacking between meals like I used to, and so that means less calories too.

I still try to get close to my UD limits with some planning. It usually works out that I get there. At times that I'm too far below, I switch to MUDDDg in order to have longer FDs to get those calories in. I am in maintenance though, and I do a lot of switching things around as I feel like it or see fit.

Let us know how you are getting along!
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote