Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Mmmmm MiO! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/755959-mmmmm-mio.html)

TallToriV 02-02-2012 10:55 AM

Mmmmm MiO!
 
Since my DD went so well yesterday with just liquids during the day, I decided to go ahead and pick up some of this stuff to try. It's pricier than Crystal Light, but you just add it to water and get a Crystal Light-type drink with 0 calories (I want those calories for my dinner, darnit! :annoyed:).

OMG yum!! I got the peach tea flavor, and am loving my mini trial run right now. No carbs, no artificial flavors, and no aspartame, it's sweetened with sucralose and acesulfame potassium, so I wouldn't call it natural, but if you avoid aspartame, this is a good bet! No icky aftertaste.

MiO Liquid Water Enhancer It's a remote control of fruit flavor

mainemom 02-02-2012 11:30 AM

I like the Mio drops, too. I like that you can just add a little or a lot. And it's easily portable (but you might want to put it in a baggy - mine accidentally came open in my crowded purse! But my purse smells nice and fruity now!). The peach tea is good. I also really like the pomegranate.

DD80 02-02-2012 11:31 AM

I'm glad to hear that it's good. I have been hesitant to try it. It seemed nice because you can control how much you want to put in - like if you like a lighter or heavier flavor. We might pick some up!

I wish some drink makers would stop putting stevia in everything just so they can say "naturally sweetened." I wanted to try a Vitamin Water Zero today and it has stevia in it. I'm allergic to it and it is really annoying that stevia seems to be on a rampage lately.

KeirasMom 02-02-2012 12:32 PM

I use the berry pomegranate in my Fage 0% and it's great.

I also like the berry pomegranate in a glass of water with chia seeds. Tastes like you're eating a pomegranate, but you get the benefit of the chia. I have to look up chia calories though. I haven't done that since I started JUDDD.

ouizoid 02-02-2012 01:26 PM

love the mio in my cottage cheese--the berry pomegranate is my fave as well--

TallToriV 02-02-2012 01:46 PM

Ooh, I never would have thought to put it in other things! Lookout.... I bet it'd make a good 0 calorie slurpee in a blender with some ice! For those ice cream cravings this summer.

2BoysMom 02-02-2012 03:15 PM

I love it, too - but never thought to put it in anything but water!! You guys are SO smart! :)

KeirasMom 02-02-2012 03:18 PM

The yogurt thing was an accident. I forgot my Sweetzfree, so I tried the Mio that was sitting on my desk at work and it was GREAT!

mattsmama 02-02-2012 03:24 PM

I just noticed at Wallyworld the other day that they are now producing the Great Value brand of these. I may try one...

itsmeshelly01 02-02-2012 04:40 PM

Omg love Mio water. I have some at home and at work. The great value brand is just as good too and they have grape! It's excellent. The green thunder is wonderful. I have a lot of them. Thanks for the to on using in cottage cheese and yogurt, I will have to try later for many snack!

kaysol 02-02-2012 06:44 PM

I love the new tangerine-orange and the black cherry but my kids keep trying to steal it, and they don't need it - they can drink all the calories they want!

Powers810 02-03-2012 02:25 AM

The citric acid in it really hurts my teeth and makes them sensitive. :( But I love it

mainemom 02-03-2012 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaysol (Post 15384673)
I love the new tangerine-orange and the black cherry but my kids keep trying to steal it, and they don't need it - they can drink all the calories they want!

Actually, I bought these for my kids to keep in their lunch bags and add to their water last year during summer camp. I think it's a good way to help restrict their sugar intake. They get plenty of sugar in other ways. I don't want them to end up like me in 20 years, w/a damaged metabolism and sugar addiction.

sophiethecat 02-03-2012 08:21 AM

Thanks, Tori, I will look for this! :)

Thanks everyone for the suggestions on other uses! :)

kaysol 02-03-2012 08:28 AM

good point, it is better than sugary drinks - I was thinking more as a replacement for dessert - they eat things with calories but I need something that tastes sweet with no calories :) my kids do love it and it's great that it is so portable and not messy -when they used to get into my crystal light it would get all over the counter and it stains really bad!

KeirasMom 02-03-2012 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaysol (Post 15385976)
good point, it is better than sugary drinks - I was thinking more as a replacement for dessert - they eat things with calories but I need something that tastes sweet with no calories :) my kids do love it and it's great that it is so portable and not messy -when they used to get into my crystal light it would get all over the counter and it stains really bad!

Good point. That reminds me, if you're mixing it into yogurt, make a depression first and squirt it into that. I made the mistake of squirting it into a full yogurt container and it shot right back out, all over my phone and keyboard at work. It wasn't pretty. :doh:

mainemom 02-04-2012 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeirasMom (Post 15385989)
Good point. That reminds me, if you're mixing it into yogurt, make a depression first and squirt it into that. I made the mistake of squirting it into a full yogurt container and it shot right back out, all over my phone and keyboard at work. It wasn't pretty. :doh:

Ha, ha! What a mental picture! Thanks for the tip...

GME 02-04-2012 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeirasMom (Post 15385989)
Good point. That reminds me, if you're mixing it into yogurt, make a depression first and squirt it into that. I made the mistake of squirting it into a full yogurt container and it shot right back out, all over my phone and keyboard at work. It wasn't pretty. :doh:

:rofl: That exact same thing happened to me.

KeirasMom 02-04-2012 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GME (Post 15388671)
:rofl: That exact same thing happened to me.

Thanks Gina, that makes me feel better. :o

kris4chloe 02-04-2012 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TallToriV (Post 15383953)
Ooh, I never would have thought to put it in other things! Lookout.... I bet it'd make a good 0 calorie slurpee in a blender with some ice! For those ice cream cravings this summer.

:goodpost:

great idea!!

Zekeman 02-11-2012 03:02 PM

Anyone had an issue with stalling or pulling you out of Ketosis with MIO?

KeirasMom 02-11-2012 03:37 PM

I don't do low carb so I don't worry about ketosis, but it hasn't stalled me at all.

Zekeman 02-12-2012 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeirasMom (Post 15408790)
I don't do low carb so I don't worry about ketosis, but it hasn't stalled me at all.

Thank you for info.... :shake:


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:45 AM.