Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2012, 09:13 AM   #1
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
A Few Questions for ALL JUDDD Buds

I have some questions sparked by my readings online, if you will humor me. Nothing formal here, just my own curiosity at work, and thought this might be interesting.

This is for all JUDDDsters, whether in maintenance or WLM.

1. Did you start losing right away on JUDDD (within days or the first week?)

2. Are you happy with your rate of loss/maintenance (feel it's a fast or at least acceptable rate of dropping pounds... or that maintenance is "easy")

3. Do you eat vegetables and fruit daily?

4. During WLM and/or maintenance, do you regularly consume any of the following, and if so, which ones:

-red wine, red or purple grape juice, red grapes, resveretrol supplements, white wine
-dark chocolate, hot cocoa
-peanuts, peanut butter
-red, blue, or purple berries (blueberries, cranberries, raspberries, blackberries, strawberries etc.)
-green or black tea
-coffee
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2012, 09:17 AM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiethecat View Post
I have some questions sparked by my readings online, if you will humor me. Nothing formal here, just my own curiosity at work, and thought this might be interesting.

1. Did you start losing right away on JUDDD (within days or the first week?) Immediately

2. Are you happy with your rate of loss/maintenance (feel it's a fast or at least acceptable rate of dropping pounds... or that maintenance is "easy")
Definitely. I'm losing a lot faster than on any other plan I've tried.
Yes, more vegetables, but some fruit as well.
4. During WLM and/or maintenance, do you regularly consume any of the following, and if so, which ones:

-red wine, red or purple grape juice, red grapes, resveretrol supplements, white wine White wine
-dark chocolate, hot cocoa Very rarely, but I just am not really a sweets kinda gal.
-peanuts, peanut butter Not so far, but it's not my favorite food.
-red, blue, or purple berries (blueberries, cranberries, raspberries, blackberries, strawberries etc.) When I have fruit, it's almost always raspberries, blackberries, or strawberries.
-green or black tea Lots and lots of iced tea-black.
-coffee
3 cups black coffee every morning--UD or DD.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 09:27 AM   #3
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
1. Did you start losing right away on JUDDD (within days or the first week?)no, did not start losing until I redid induction using shakes

2. Are you happy with your rate of loss/maintenance (feel it's a fast or at least acceptable rate of dropping pounds... or that maintenance is "easy")YES

No, I do not eat any veggies or fruit on DD's

no-red wine, red or purple grape juice, red grapes, resveretrol supplements, white wine
no-dark chocolate, hot cocoa
no-peanuts, peanut butter
no-red, blue, or purple berries (blueberries, cranberries, raspberries, blackberries, strawberries etc.)
no-green or black tea
YES-coffee
181.0/168.0/145 07/25/11 The Rice Diet
181.4/179.0/145 Atkins 72 10/31/11
180/132/139 JUDDD 01/01/2011
157/148/139 JUDDD 07/28/2014
158/152/139 JUDDD 10/28/2014
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 09:30 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cherryhair
Stats: 230.4/215.8/160
Start Date: 1/4/12
1. Did you start losing right away on JUDDD (within days or the first week?) Yes, within days

2. Are you happy with your rate of loss/maintenance (feel it's a fast or at least acceptable rate of dropping pounds... or that maintenance is "easy") Very happy-it's fast

3. Do you eat vegetables and fruit daily? No, mostly vegetables only on down days. I really need to get more fruits and vegs in on UD too. I think I have just been so excited that I can eat pretty much anything that I want to save all my calories to indulge in treats. I am going to change this immediately-it's really not a healthy approach to this WOE

4. During WLM and/or maintenance, do you regularly consume any of the following, and if so, which ones: (Bolded)

-red wine, red or purple grape juice, red grapes, resveretrol supplements, white wine
-dark chocolate, hot cocoa-peanuts, peanut butter
--green or black tea
-coffee
cherryhair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 09:38 AM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: 2BoysMom
Stats: Too pissed to talk about it
WOE: Keeping it simple- Hi Fat, Mod Protein and Lo Carb
Start Date: 1.26.2004 - 1st time. This time 1.1.2014
1. Did you start losing right away on JUDDD (within days or the first week?) Yes - 4.2 loss the first week!

2. Are you happy with your rate of loss/maintenance (feel it's a fast or at least acceptable rate of dropping pounds... or that maintenance is "easy") Yes - even with a hiccup due to "life", got right back on track and started losing again

3. Do you eat vegetables and fruit daily? vegetables, yes; fruit, most of the time

-red wine, red or purple grape juice, red grapes, resveretrol supplements, white wine white wine - only on UD's, maybe once or twice a week-dark chocolate, hot cocoa - yes - on UD's
-peanuts, peanut butter - periodically, but not regularly
-red, blue, or purple berries (blueberries, cranberries, raspberries, blackberries, strawberries etc.) - periodically, but not regularly
-green or black tea - yes both - close to daily
-coffee - yes, daily, usually 2 cups each morning

If you want something badly enough, you'll find a way. If you don't you'll find an excuse.

Team in Trainining alumni - San Diego marathon 2005. Half marathon in San Francisco 2007! Working hard to wipe out blood cancers.
2BoysMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 09:47 AM   #6

Gallery: Pami
WOE: LC JUDDD
I'm not really qualified to answer any questions that talk about "usually" or "regularly" but here are my answers anyway:

Yes

Yes

No, I do 0-calorie DDs

No-red wine, red or purple grape juice, red grapes, resveretrol supplements, white wine
No-dark chocolate, hot cocoa
No-peanuts, peanut butter
No-red, blue, or purple berries (blueberries, cranberries, raspberries, blackberries, strawberries etc.)
Yes-green or black tea
Yes-coffee

If at first you don't succeed, try doing it by the book...
It's not a stall when you're cheating!
If you don't want to do something, one excuse is as good as any other. (Yiddish Proverb)
~Proud to be a Famous Banta Babe~
Pami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 09:59 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mattsmama
Stats: 188/129.2/135 5'8" 42 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: JUDDD-11/11 to present (LC-5/11-11/11)

I lost 1.5 pounds the first day (DD-600 cals)

I am thrilled, and I am actually losing a little too fast....I have added exercise, and the pounds are really flying off!

Yes, absolutely! I love all foods, and try to get some healthy vitamins in.

Wine, no supplements. I love, love, love wine.

One square of 85% dark chocolate almost every UD. Hot cocoa when its cold, which has been only a few days here this winter...

-peanuts, peanut butter

Peanut butter on UD sometimes. I like a good ol' PB&J on my homemade bread.

-red, blue, or purple berries (blueberries, cranberries, raspberries, blackberries, strawberries etc.)

Yes, strawberries...We just picked 8 pounds locally and froze quite a lot!

-green or black tea

Tea in some form everyday...iced and hot.

-coffee

If I do not have my coffee every single day, the world will stop spinning in its natural way....TRUST ME!

When everything feels like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top....

Goal Weight achieved 02/25/2012 on JUDDD- and still losing!

Last edited by mattsmama; 02-02-2012 at 10:01 AM..
mattsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 10:13 AM   #8

Gallery: Luna Loca
Stats: 303/159/159
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 10/17/10 started JUDDD on 1/28/12 at 198
Quote:

This is for all JUDDDsters, whether in maintenance or WLM. I've only been on JUDDD for less than a week, so maybe my answers don't count for as much, but here they are anyway

1. Did you start losing right away on JUDDD (within days or the first week?) Right away. Have lost four pounds in five days on JUDDD. I was not low-carbing before I started.

2. Are you happy with your rate of loss/maintenance (feel it's a fast or at least acceptable rate of dropping pounds... or that maintenance is "easy") LOVE it! What's not to love? But when the scale losses slow down, I hope I will still love it as much.

3. Do you eat vegetables and fruit daily? Yes. Fruit is one of the reasons I can't stay on low-carb.

-peanuts, peanut butter
-green or black tea
-coffee
Peanut butter, blueberries, strawberries and coffee

Luna Loca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 10:18 AM   #9

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
This is a very interesting series of questions, SophietheCat. I hope you will let us know what articles you've read that are behind these questions.

Really, I don't remember, but I think I must have been losing pretty well very shortly after starting JUDDD, or I don't think I would have kept with it at that time.

I've think maintenance is pretty easy. I don't hold to an extremely narrow window and panic when my weight fluctuates above that, though, as I tend to have a lot of big bounces still.

If my weight is getting a bit higher than I wish to allow, it's pretty easy to tighten up immediately and get that number back down into the very comfortable low side of my allowed range.

I eat many vegetables every single day.. everything from the salad vegetables to the starchy vegetables, beans, corn... just any and every vegetable that I want. I eat any fruits I want as well. Not daily, but almost daily. And some days I eat a LOT of fruit. I don't drink fruit juice but rarely though. It's always the whole fruit.

Occasionally a wine drinker, but not too often. More likely to have some type of beer brew, or a mixed drink. I love the white grapes but rarely eat the red or purple ones. Don't like them much really. I never have taken resveratrol supplement, nor plan to. When I drink wine, it's almost always white instead of red, because red wine brings me a crashing headache almost every time.

Yes, and yes. BIG chocolate lover here, although favor the *candy* of milk chocolate rather than the very dark, but I eat some of that occasionally. We have hot cocoa on a fairly regular basis in the winter. And chocolate desserts. Of all the dessert flavors, chocolate is by far my favorite and always has been.

-peanuts, peanut butter

Peanuts occasionally, but if I'm buying shelled nuts, I choose cashews over peanuts every time. But I go through jars of chunky peanut butter pretty often. I love peanut butter sandwiches, and also love hot buttery toast with melty peanut butter on it!

I like berries pretty well and go through spurts of eating more of them, and then periods where I eat very little of the various berries. Favorite jam is red raspberry though, but I don't think that counts. But I sometimes eat berries. And I LOVE cranberry jell with poultry meat!!! So that probably accounts for the majority of what I eat in this catagory.

-green or black tea

LOTS of tea! Gallons of tea! Some green tea, but mostly black teas. English and Irish Breakfast teas and Earl Gray tea are my favorites. Often a mug or two of hot tea in the mornings, and then my big glass with anti-spill lid full of plain iced tea for the remainder of the day, refilled over and over.

-coffee

Coffee too. I go in spurts on coffee. I like it with half & half, so tend to drink it more on UDs than DDs, just to save the H & H calories. I'll be in a mood for it and drink it for awhile, and then go back to tea. After drinking coffee for awhile, I get sort of gakked out on it and have to lay off for awhile. I also like the fancy coffee drinks, but don't really considered them *coffee* quite as much, as I tend to choose the ones that are more coffee flavored sweet liquid desserts.

[/QUOTE]

So, let us know what's up with your poll here!
Old 02-02-2012, 10:28 AM   #10

Gallery: s1mon3
Stats: 220/168/145
WOE: Clean Eating/Cal & Carb Cycling
Start Date: July 2013
1. Did you start losing right away on JUDDD (within days or the first week?) Very happy!!! 6.5 week one!

2. Are you happy with your rate of loss/maintenance (feel it's a fast or at least acceptable rate of dropping pounds... or that maintenance is "easy") I can't really say yet. This is week one for me.

3. Do you eat vegetables and fruit daily? Yep

-peanuts, peanut butter Almonds
-green or black tea
-coffee

s1mon3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 10:31 AM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vilanteira
Stats: in maintenance
WOE: juddd/low carb
Start Date: low carb: 2008, juddd: 10/24/11

Nope, not until a good 3 weeks later actually. Good thing I stuck with it though, otherwise I wouldn't have seen the 14lb loss so far!

Yes, anything is better than the zero loss from before discovering JUDDD, but my rate is actually way better than I'd expected being so close to goal.

I rarely eat fruit because I'm not really a fruit person and have never been. I only eat vegetables on UDs, very rarely on DDs.

4. During WLM and/or maintenance, do you regularly consume any of the following, and if so, which ones: [response underlined]

-red wine, red or purple grape juice, red grapes, resveretrol supplements, white wine [no]
-dark chocolate, hot cocoa [sometimes a square of dark chocolate around TOM]
-peanuts, peanut butter [no, but I don't like peanut or peanut butter]
-red, blue, or purple berries (blueberries, cranberries, raspberries, blackberries, strawberries etc.) [rarely, but if I were to eat fruit at all, raspberries, strawberries and blueberries are the ones I like the most]
-green or black tea [no, just the very occasional herbal tea]
-coffee [every single DD, and occasionally on UDs]
vilanteira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 10:45 AM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: theredhead
Stats: 229/152/150
WOE: Atkins/hCG/maintaining EASILY with JUDDD
Start Date: 09/04/03
1. Did you start losing right away on JUDDD (within days or the first week?) Yes, I dropped a little the first week.

Thrilled with easy maintenance!

3. Do you eat vegetables and fruit daily? Nope. Some days I eat a lot of veggies, and others I don't. I rarely eat fruit, but I'm not a huge fruit-eater to start with.

No-red wine, red or purple grape juice, red grapes, resveretrol supplements, white wine
A lot of cocoa, occasional dark chocolate-dark chocolate, hot cocoa
Occasionally, mostly when we go to the steakhouse that has peanuts on the table-peanuts, peanut butter Almonds
I'm not a fan-red, blue, or purple berries (blueberries, cranberries, raspberries, blackberries, strawberries etc.)
Almost a gallon of tea daily-green or black tea
Never-coffee
Click here for our fatties pics!
And another old one

Click here for a new picture.
And another newer one
theredhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 10:50 AM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sungoddess
WOE: Perfect Health Diet/JUDDD
Start Date: LC;HCG; 1/19/12/JUDDD; 1/13/13 PHD/JUDDD
How fun! Do let us know your conclusions.

I didn't weigh until the end of two weeks and I lost 4 pounds. I am pleased with that as my metabolism is in need of repair.

That remains to be seen as the weeks progress. I just completed week two

I do not. I don't eat them on down days. I do eat both on up days

-red wine, red or purple grape juice, red grapes, resveretrol supplements, white wine- no
-dark chocolate, hot cocoa- dark chocolate
-peanuts, peanut butter- no
-red, blue, or purple berries (blueberries, cranberries, raspberries, blackberries, strawberries etc.)- yes
-green or black tea- no
-coffee- yes
Old 02-02-2012, 10:51 AM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cammie
Stats: 262 / 245 / ?
WOE: Atkins
I'm only in my second week and trying to undo what I've regained since reaching my goal, so I'm not sure how helpful my answers will be!

Yes, I weigh every day and other than normal fluctuations have been losing.

I am trying to ease my way into a maintenance plan I can sustain and I'm happy enough with how it's going so far!

Vegetables always, fruit rarely.

Red wine! We open a bottle nearly every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday night. It's my biggest challenge to having a down day in there!
Lindt 90% chocolate sometimes as a treat
-peanuts, peanut butter
not usually
no
-green or black tea
no
-coffee
Lots of coffee, regular in the morning and decaf the rest of the day

Last edited by cammie; 02-02-2012 at 10:53 AM..
cammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 11:48 AM   #15
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Yes, I will definitely let you know where I'm going with this soon. Thank so much for all the replies so far!! Very interesting!

Keep 'em coming!!!!!

And I need to hear from more of you out there who DID NOT LOSE RIGHT AWAY. pretty please!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 11:57 AM   #16

Quote:
Yes, I will definitely let you know where I'm going with this soon. Thank so much for all the replies so far!! Very interesting!

Keep 'em coming!!!!!

And I need to hear from more of you out there who DID NOT LOSE RIGHT AWAY. pretty please!
Question: You say that you want to hear from some who did NOT lose right away...

Does it matter WHY?

That could be because they weren't measuring/counting calories as well as they should have been, so not holding to their needed calorie numbers well enough to actually lose much of anything.

Or it could be because they added carbs back into their diet after being off of them for awhile, and were gaining water weight at the same time they were losing fat weight, but the scale couldn't tell them that.

Or it could be because they actually were using a too-high UD calorie number for their situation after all. That speaks to the *average* of us, but can be off some for us as an individual. So perhaps they needed to bring that number down a bit, right from the beginning.

Or, perhaps they set it for a lot of exercise, and that most often gives us a whole lot more calories than we actually burn, so just gives us too many calories to begin with. LOL

So many possible reasons...

Just wondering if the reason behind NOT losing weight will have any true bearing on this survey.

And HURRY UP. The suspense is killing me!

Last edited by SoHappy; 02-02-2012 at 12:00 PM..
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 12:03 PM   #17
_catzy_

Gallery: Bonnie
WOE: Low Carb Maintenance
My answers really don't apply since I do this Low Carb. I don't attribute my weight loss, appetite suppression etc to JUDDD but due to staying low carb and being in Ketosis. I don't think of it as an "every other day diet" since I watch what I eat both days. I only do it this way because I enjoy the DDs, but here goes:

1. Did you start losing right away on JUDDD (within days or the first week?) - My first week was split between Atkins and UD/DD. I lost .4 lb that week. Now I'm back to my average of about 2 lbs per week.

2. Are you happy with your rate of loss/maintenance (feel it's a fast or at least acceptable rate of dropping pounds... or that maintenance is "easy") - Happy with the weight loss, I'm losing at the same rate I would on Atkins

3. Do you eat vegetables and fruit daily? veggies yes, I never eat fruit

-red wine, red or purple grape juice, red grapes, resveretrol supplements, white wine - NONE
-dark chocolate, hot cocoa - I use unsweetened Hershey's chocolate in my Coconut Oil bark, no other regular chocolate. I eat Atkins bars occasionally and would make my own treats with Splenda if I wanted one. So far all I have made is the bark on UDs
-peanuts, peanut butter - SOMETIMES, on UDs
-red, blue, or purple berries (blueberries, cranberries, raspberries, blackberries, strawberries etc.) - when I add fruit back in it will be strawberries and melons. I'm not in a hurry since I'm not a big fruit eater anyway
-green or black tea NO
-coffee - DAILY, one cup with 1 tsp HWC with the rest black on DDs, mostly with HWC on UDs, although some black later in the day
Bonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 12:17 PM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 1annewil
Stats: 165/150/162
WOE: Atkins/JUDD/Potato Hack/

1. Did you start losing right away on JUDDD (within days or the first week?) 1st time Yes, after starting back after holidays-No-still haven't dropped any real weight

2. Are you happy with your rate of loss/maintenance (feel it's a fast or at least acceptable rate of dropping pounds... or that maintenance is "easy") Not now-I think I overeat on UD

3. Do you eat vegetables and fruit daily? Yes

-red wine, red or purple grape juice, red grapes, resveretrol supplements, white wineNot too much
-dark chocolate, hot cocoa-Yes
-peanuts, peanut butter-Yes-UD
-red, blue, or purple berries (blueberries, cranberries, raspberries, blackberries, strawberries etc.)-Yes
-green or black tea-No
-coffee_YES!!!!

Psalm 62:5
Yes, my soul, find rest in God;
my hope comes from him.
1annewil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 12:27 PM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mainemom
Stats: 147/129/115 5' 1"
WOE: LC; Intermittent Fasting; Wheat Free
Start Date: January 2011
1. Did you start losing right away on JUDDD (within days or the first week?) No. Because I wasn't respecting my upper calorie limit on UDs. Since then (after the 2nd week), I started being more careful. Can't say the weight is "falling" off, but about 1 pound/week.

2. Are you happy with your rate of loss/maintenance (feel it's a fast or at least acceptable rate of dropping pounds... or that maintenance is "easy"). Yes. I am happy, even at a pound a week or every 2 weeks. I know that sounds weird, but this slow, gradual loss means, to me, that it will stay off and my body is getting used to my lower weight gently. I've "dieted" too many times in the past, concerned only with getting those pounds off quickly. This time, I'm more interested in losing weight for my health and maintaining an eating lifestyle that will continue to improve my health. Oh, and I'm now within 3 pounds of my original goal. Not sure if I'll maintain or try for a few more once I get there. Does is sound weird that I'm kind of afraid to reach my goal? I guess 'cause then maintaining means constant vigilance and I can't get complacent.

3. Do you eat vegetables and fruit daily? Yes. Lots of veggies - big, wonderful, loaded salads on UDs and lower cal veggies on DDs, like cabbage and mushrooms. And I eat frozen wild blueberries w/yogurt nearly every day.

-red wine, red or purple grape juice, red grapes, resveretrol supplements, white wine: I drink a glass of wine, red or white, maybe once/week.
-dark chocolate, hot cocoa: cocoa occasionally (diet) and sometimes the SF chocolates. I'm afraid to eat really good chocolate for fear I won't be able to stop - it's kind of a red light food for me.
-peanuts, peanut butter: Yes! LOVE peanut butter, but am so conscious of the calories. I'm ordering some PB2 to see if I can tolerate that.
-red, blue, or purple berries (blueberries, cranberries, raspberries, blackberries, strawberries etc.): Yes. LOVE wild blueberries, and I eat the frozen berries daily. I've just started adding back in some other fruits (my LC days haunt me).
-green or black tea: not usu. black tea, but lots of herbal tea.
-coffee: YES, YES, YES!! Love my coffee. Just like Lisa said earlier (she's so funny!) the world would end w/o my coffee. At home I drink it black, but, weirdly, I can't drink black coffee unless it's in a real ceramic cup. Tastes too weird in styrofoam or paper cups, so I have to add cream. I know it's prob. a mental thing...
"...had we been discussing disorders of growth - why some people grow to be more than seven feet tall and others never make it to four feet - the only subject of discussion would be the hormones and enzymes that regulate growth. And yet, when we're discussing a disorder in which the defining symptom is the abnormal growth of our fat tissue, the hormones and enzymes that regulate that growth are considered irrelevant."
- Gary Taubes, Why We Get Fat
mainemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 12:33 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1annewil View Post

1. Did you start losing right away on JUDDD (within days or the first week?) 1st time Yes, after starting back after holidays-No-still haven't dropped any real weight

2. Are you happy with your rate of loss/maintenance (feel it's a fast or at least acceptable rate of dropping pounds... or that maintenance is "easy") Not now-I think I overeat on UD..........
You say that you *think* you overeat on your Up Days. Does this mean that you aren't measuring out your foods and portions, or perhaps planning your menus or meals and are eating at will? It sounds like you are just sort of guessing on the Up Days.

Maybe if you could just tighten up on that and do a little bit more measuring and counting on those days, at least even if it was just of the *higher calorie* foods that you include on those days, you would experience wonderful weight loss again.

It's hard to do a diet plan that is based on calorie numbers and calorie restriction without paying attention and counting the calories. 'Cause then it really isn't a calorie-based plan as much as it is a guess-based plan. I really want this to work wonderfully for you.

I just hate to see anyone doing JUDDD and not losing, because it is so amazing for weight loss when everything is set correctly and then followed correctly. Good luck from now on. Hope it kicks in very shortly for you!
Old 02-02-2012, 12:34 PM   #21
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
Quote:

Started Juddd the week before tom...so didnt weigh till tom was over..2 weeks later..and I had lost 3lbs

I lost my 14lbs in 8 weeks...and I was very happy with that...after losing nothing in 6 months on low carb. Maintaining within about 3lbs of goal for 3 months...using FD/DD, so very happy with that!

Tons of veggies on a DD, normal amounts on an UD...maybe one or 2 pieces of fruit a day (small apples/tangerines)

-peanuts, peanut butter
-green or black tea
-coffee

Dont like wine very much, so rarely have any! I use pure cocoa powder daily, make my own puddings and hot choc with it. I have occasional peanut butter (could eat a jar in one go!), but use PB2 quite often, mixed with greek yog.
I love red berries in season, at the moment I am enjoying dried ones...but it takes strict portion control!
I have coffee and herbal teas (peppermint,ginger,nettle,chamomile) daily.

hugs
Jo
x
Joedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 01:03 PM   #22
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Scotty
Stats: 174/160.9/140- 5' 7.5" born in 1946
WOE: Enjoying JUDDD's freedom after years of low carb
Start Date: Every day!!! JUDD start 1/13/12
Lost first day, then went right back up.

No. Have lost net one pound in 3 weeks.

coming from low carb so still figuring it out, but I love veggies

-peanuts, peanut butter
-green or black tea
-coffee

coffee, red wine on some UDs, chocolate occasionally, strawberries, tea

"If you're afraid of butter, add a little cream" Julia Child

Last edited by Scotty; 02-02-2012 at 01:04 PM..
Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 01:08 PM   #23
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 1annewil
Stats: 165/150/162
WOE: Atkins/JUDD/Potato Hack/
Pat, thanks for insight. I do need to keep up better-it's hard becuse when I did it in the fall, I didn't and I know I overate. I have to dig in and do this right. I don't think I can go back to LC. I know it worked at first for me.
1annewil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 01:10 PM   #24
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: monica1210
Stats: 168/148/135-140 5'6" Age 45
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis
Start Date: 1/2/2012 started NK 9/7/13
1. Did you start losing right away on JUDDD (within days or the first week?) Yes, immediately lost 5 pounds and then stopped losing. I was treating my UDs as FDs, so after I started respecting my UD numbers, the numbers appear to be on a downward trend.

2. Are you happy with your rate of loss/maintenance (feel it's a fast or at least acceptable rate of dropping pounds... or that maintenance is "easy") Yes, so far. I have a huge fear that this weight loss plan won't work for me. Sometimes I feel like this is all I will get. 7 pounds and I am done. Ha, ha! Crazy stuff in my head, but it's honest.

3. Do you eat vegetables and fruit daily? Veggies, yes. Fruit, 1-2 times a week.

-red wine, red or purple grape juice, red grapes, resveretrol supplements, white wine red red wine on every UD!
-dark chocolate, hot cocoa No
-peanuts, peanut butter No, but I would, I just haven't yet.
-red, blue, or purple berries (blueberries, cranberries, raspberries, blackberries, strawberries etc.) Nope
-green or black tea Every day!
-coffee Every day!

Last edited by monica1210; 02-02-2012 at 01:12 PM..
monica1210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 01:22 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1annewil View Post
Pat, thanks for insight. I do need to keep up better-it's hard becuse when I did it in the fall, I didn't and I know I overate. I have to dig in and do this right. I don't think I can go back to LC. I know it worked at first for me.
Hi, Anne. I think it will certainly work again. Maybe all you need it to just measure and count for a short while to just sort of give yourself a *refresher* course in what your level of eating should be on UDs.

I always thought of my UDs as my practice days, measuring out much of my foods and looking up the calories. But I kept telling myself I was just in training, practicing the *how to do it* part over and over, until I could be depended on to get up to the line and follow through pretty well. I now measure and count some, and give myself freedom to not do that some also. But I'm in maintenance now. And I weigh myself every day to make sure I'm still on track.

If I'm ever nudging my upper limit, it usually means I've become lax, and that's when I start measuring everything again! I absolutely don't want to become fat again!
Old 02-02-2012, 02:02 PM   #26
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MintQ8
Stats: 267.6/257/140
WOE: JUDDD/Paul McKenna
Start Date: 9 Nov 2014
Quote:

1. Did you start losing right away on JUDDD (within days or the first week?) Yes - I love JUDDD!

2. Are you happy with your rate of loss/maintenance (feel it's a fast or at least acceptable rate of dropping pounds... or that maintenance is "easy") Absolutely! It slows down when I take the foot off the pedal - but it speeds up as soon as I am in control again!

3. Do you eat vegetables and fruit daily? Veggies yes - fruit not so often - not that keen on it!

-red wine, red or purple grape juice, red grapes, resveretrol supplements, white wine and Champagne -
-dark chocolate, hot cocoa sometimes, but not as much as I thought I would - but if I want yes!!
-peanuts, peanut butter again, when they're around and I fancy them - only UD though!
-red, blue, or purple berries (blueberries, cranberries, raspberries, blackberries, strawberries etc.) about the only fruits I choose to eat!
-green or black tea black tea - will be looking at white tea soon
-coffee every day!!

Wow this makes me feel really healthy - except for the amount of vino that occasionally passes my lips!
MintQ8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 02:18 PM   #27
MLE
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MLE
Stats: 175/140/130 5'5"
WOE: Atkins/Crackin'
Start Date: June 2010/New start in 2012
Quote:

Yes. After thinking the scale was stuck, I actually saw it go down 1 pound in the first 3 days!
Yes! Although I am not big on using a scale...I use inches, baby! Lost 5 inches total in the first month and 2% body fat!
Yes. I eat mostly fruit and veggies on down days (DD) because they are filling and low in cals.

-red wine, red or purple grape juice, red grapes, resveretrol supplements, white wine Rarely
-dark chocolate, hot cocoa Nope, not a fan.
-peanuts, peanut butter Yes
-red, blue, or purple berries (blueberries, cranberries, raspberries, blackberries, strawberries etc.) LOTS!!
-green or black tea Beaucoup!!
-coffee Yep.
This WOE !!!!
MLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 02:51 PM   #28

Gallery: TallToriV
Stats: 192/179/145 ~ 5'10"
WOE: JUDD with low-mod carbs
Start Date: 1/17/12
Oooh, I love surveys!

1. Did you start losing right away on JUDDD (within days or the first week?) Yes - I had tried Slimfast for a week before JUDDD, and gained 2 lbs (!). Those 2, plus an additional pound, came off within the first 3 days.

2. Are you happy with your rate of loss/maintenance (feel it's a fast or at least acceptable rate of dropping pounds... or that maintenance is "easy") Yes. I'm in WLM, and while it's not as miraculous as some report, I'm happy with my present average of losing about 2 lbs a week.

3. Do you eat vegetables and fruit daily? Absolutely. Initially, I thought I'd go junk food-crazy on up days, but I just FEEL better with more veggies in the mix. And they're wonderful on down days, as well.

I can only speak to WLM so far.
-red wine, red or purple grape juice, red grapes, resveretrol supplements, white wine yes: white and red wine every day (even if it's just 2 oz on a DD)
-dark chocolate, hot cocoa yes: dark chocolate
-peanuts, peanut butter no
-red, blue, or purple berries (blueberries, cranberries, raspberries, blackberries, strawberries etc.) Occasionally, but I wouldn't call it regularly.
-green or black tea Multiple times daily.
-coffee 1-3 cups daily

Last edited by TallToriV; 02-02-2012 at 03:04 PM.. Reason: I love wine!
TallToriV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 05:49 PM   #29
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
1. Did you start losing right away on JUDDD (within days or the first week?) 2 pounds the first week, nothing since (3 weeks total)

2. Are you happy with your rate of loss/maintenance (feel it's a fast or at least acceptable rate of dropping pounds... or that maintenance is "easy") Would like to have lost more by now.

3. Do you eat vegetables and fruit daily?Vegetables yes, fruit only on UD.

No. Especially since finding grapes spike my blood sugar.-red wine, red or purple grape juice, red grapes, resveretrol supplements, white wine
Diet hot cocoa every so often on DD. Dark chocolate almost never. But I do put cocoa powder in my coconut oil bark I make on UDs.-dark chocolate, hot cocoa
No. I choose other nuts, and use almond butter.-peanuts, peanut butter
Nothing against them, I just haven't had any available to eat. I would if they were in season.-red, blue, or purple berries (blueberries, cranberries, raspberries, blackberries, strawberries etc.)
No. Herbal yes, though.-green or black tea
Decaf only, and around 3 mugs a day. On an UD, I will sometimes put a splash of flavored creamer in, but not very often-coffee
Old 02-02-2012, 05:56 PM   #30
WWC
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: WWC
Stats: size 14/size 14/size 10
WOE: high protein/lowcarb/JUDDD
Start Date: recommitted 1/12
I think so, I don't weigh, but my clothes are looser

yes
at least a little veggies daily, fruit on UDs

I will have red/white wine at some point but I haven't yet. I do like red grapes but have not had those either

I've had dark chocolate, but only on UDs
-peanuts, peanut butter
again on UDs

I eat blueberries,blackberries and strawberries in a fruit salad on UDs
-
green or black tea

-coffee 2 very, very large cups daily