Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Been Maintaining For a While, But Clothes Have Gotten Looser! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/755859-been-maintaining-while-but-clothes-have-gotten-looser.html)

Joedi 02-01-2012 03:10 PM

Been Maintaining For a While, But Clothes Have Gotten Looser!

Just noticed this today!

I have been maintaining for 3 months now, averaging 133lbs. Was up a lb or 2this morning after a rather mad free day, so I was very surprised to pull on some jeans, to find them a bit baggier than when I wore them a couple of months ago. :stars:

My weight has been pretty constant, just the usual juddd bounces, but I seem to have lost a few more inches without realising.

I dont exercise any more than I did while losing...infact, I have cut my gym days down from 3 to 1 (money issues!) and started doing more walking instead.

just wondered if anyone had any insight on this...like I say, my weight is steady, but my shape doesnt seem to be! :stars:

hugs
Jo
x

Kissa 02-01-2012 03:14 PM

Me too, although I haven't ever measured. Jeans that looked great 5 weeks ago are looking on the baggy side. :)

leonak 02-01-2012 03:23 PM

Me too!!!!

I lost 3 # in January and pants are a lot looser!!!

YAHOO for all of us!

MLE 02-02-2012 03:02 AM

Joedi,
from the research that I've done on IF (which JUDDD is a form of), I've found that body builders use it to maintain muscle mass while stripping fat from their bodies. Most other diets lead to fat and muscle loss. So, the weight your are hovering around probably consists mostly of muscle while the inches you loose are fat. I have found in the past, that I can weight as much as 145 and be a size 4/6, but have very little fat on my body (I am an endomorph and tend to gain muscle easily).

gotsomeold 02-02-2012 03:13 AM

I have read on several different sources (web surfing is SO much fun) that, for up to a year after maintenance begins, fat redistributes itself around the body. Initial weight is lost in some locations as a result of the modified woe. Then genetics takes over and deflates/re-inflates various locations. Chuckle, I guess those loose clothes prove your maintenance is working. :jumpjoy:

avecrain 02-02-2012 05:58 AM

I haven't been losing very well (just very slowly) for the past month, but I continue to look "slimmer" and feel my clothes get looser. I feel like my body is doing that fat redistribution thing! I do an official measurement this Saturday, so we'll see what the tape says.

julietcc 02-02-2012 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gotsomeold (Post 15382035)
I have read on several different sources (web surfing is SO much fun) that, for up to a year after maintenance begins, fat redistributes itself around the body. Initial weight is lost in some locations as a result of the modified woe. Then genetics takes over and deflates/re-inflates various locations. Chuckle, I guess those loose clothes prove your maintenance is working. :jumpjoy:

I hope you're right! My chest area needs a little redistribution!

Joedi, I've experienced the same thing. My weight has stayed in a 2-3 pound window but I noticed my work slacks kept sliding down my hips yesterday!