Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2012, 12:07 PM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: b_lou_who
Stats: 2014 was195/now186.9 5'7" 44
WOE: whole organic low-sugars IF vegan
Start Date: 1997
noob query..what are MD and FD? advice?

Are there any other terms besides those and UD and DD that I need to know?
Couldn't find that info in the noob stickies...so if I missed it I apologize in advance.
Fairly excited about doing JUDDD even though I only have one DD under my belt.
Any advice you wish someone had given you when you first started - or something you learned that you want to pass on?
b_lou_who is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-2012, 12:12 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JKat
Start Date: December 2003
Welcome

MD stands for moderate day. Its a day that you eat a bit more than your down day calories so you can change up your cycle for the week or some choose to have the same days each week and throw in a MD Like M,W,F DD and T, th, sat upday...with sunday being MD

FD free day is when you do not monitor your calories in an upday. Mostly those who are in maintance have do this. If you have a really special occasion and you do not want to monitor calories its what we judd budds call a free day

Make sense??
Old 02-01-2012, 12:22 PM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
MD = Medium Day. This is half way between your UD and DD calories.. the exact average of the two.

Medium Days are inserted into our rotations if and when we need to make that rotation change.. so that an upcoming function which is happening to fall on a DD, can be enjoyed on an UD instead, by inserting the MD into the rotation and pushing the cycle out by a day.

FD = Free Day. This is a day used by those who have reached maintenance and don't want to have to account for their UD calories quite so tightly as they were doing in order to lose the weight. Hopefully they have learned how to eat at about their personal calorie level *by feel* a bit more, and their UDs that are uncounted... their Free Days... have been well-earned over the course of their weight loss.

Free Days are not recommended for those who are still trying to lose weight because JUDDD seems to work the best when we stick pretty closely to our true calculated UD number, from the standpoint of not too many calories slowing us down from going overboard, or from not eating nearly enough calories on UDs, which, combined with our very low DD calories, ends up being very low calorie consumption overall, thus tending to slow the metabolism down for many of us. We try to push our metabolism up, rather than do anything to encourage it to slow even more.
Old 02-01-2012, 12:26 PM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
MD = Medium Day. Usually used to adjust the DD/UD rotation. Calories 1/2 of the UD calculation. Use these minimally - they can slow progress down but are very useful in a pinch.

FD = Full Day, Feast Day, don't even count calories unless you really enjoy doing so. Reserved for maintenance and over-the-top vacations. During induction and when losing weight, don't even think about it.

That old JUDDD magic is a one or more enzymes released as part of what Dr J calls stress response on DD. It takes time for them to fully accumulate in your body - apparently two to four weeks. During that time you may lose weight (most people do) but the real magic build up then kicks in. The enzymes do break down so it is important to keep DDs going to keep renewing the magic. If you completely stop DDs, the magic will keep working for 10 to 14 days (handy for the cruise I am taking in May).

UDs are critical. If you do not keep stopping the stress response by eating to maintenance, JUDDD becomes just another low-cal diet, your metabolism slows down, and you probably stall.

We are all curious to know, once the magic is going strong, whether you prefer DDs or UDs. Threads about this are always a major kick.
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 02:59 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: b_lou_who
Stats: 2014 was195/now186.9 5'7" 44
WOE: whole organic low-sugars IF vegan
Start Date: 1997
Thanks all! Can an admin add that to the what it's all about sticky?
b_lou_who is offline   Reply With Quote