Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Trouble on UD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/755818-trouble-ud.html)

ArmyWife88 02-01-2012 08:51 AM

Trouble on UD

I have no trouble at all with DD but I really struggle with my UDs. Does any one else find this is the case. Perhaps I should keep a closer on eye on carbs? I jumped into carbs on UDs but keep my DD low carb. Any advice?

KeirasMom 02-01-2012 08:55 AM

One good piece of advice I've seen is to plan UDs just as you would plan DDs. Some find it's easier if they have a calorie goal for each meal, and plan around when they think they'll need the most.

Ex: B: 300
L: 500
D: 500
Snacks, whatever's left over

This can help with those who can't seem to get enough calories on a DD as well as those who go overboard.

Gracie514 02-01-2012 09:05 AM

Are you struggling to get enough calories or are you eating too many calories on your UDs? BTW :hiya::hiya::hiya: Good to see you!!!

ArmyWife88 02-01-2012 09:24 AM

Too Many. My UDs have been turning into Free Days/night time binges. :hiya: Gracie.

I am going to try planning my day for tomorrow and lowering carbs a bit.

Gracie514 02-01-2012 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArmyWife88 (Post 15380114)
Too Many. My UDs have been turning into Free Days/night time binges. :hiya: Gracie.

I am going to try planning my day for tomorrow and lowering carbs a bit.

I don't know when you started but it takes a few good DDs to get the SIRT1 gene built up and going in your system. Once it kicks in, you'll know it! My UDs are around 1900 calories but if I exercise I can get another 200 :D Are you eating a lot of sugar or HFCS? Dr. Johnson stresses to try and make good food choices even on your UDs. Keep plugging along, those DDs are what is activating the SIRT1 which at least for me, makes both my UDs and DDs easy.

sophiethecat 02-01-2012 09:36 AM

Hi Christina :)

Yes, try planning your UDs out. It really helps to use a program like ****** or similar to enter in what you plan to eat, how much, and keep an eye on the calories. Make sure you are still getting in proteins and the healthy fats, veggies, fruits if you like them.

Portion out your carby items (the indulgences, the things you've been denying yourself before) and figure them into your UD allowance along with everything else you're having. You don't have to eat everything in one day because you can have more of it again the day after your DD, and you can have more of it after the next one, and more of it after... so on for the rest of the week, month...forever! :)

After you've been JUDDDg a while, a natural appetite regulator seems to kick in and as hard to believe as it sounds now, you may eventually want LESS of the food items you are having a hard time controlling right now. Sometimes you'll go to bed on DD raring to wake up on your UD to jump out of bed and eat ________ (fill in the blank) but you'll surprise yourself when the day comes that you wake up and don't even want that food, or maybe don't even feel very hungry on your UD morning. You may also be surprised if you just feel like eating less overall (though many of us become ravenous at certain points in our Tom) or you start wanting more of the healthier whole foods and less sweet, carby, processed things (though nothing is ever off limits, so you can them if you want, you may start wanting them less though).

Karen925 02-01-2012 03:17 PM

Write before you bite is a fail safe way to plan your meals. Hard to over eat if it is planned and written down before hand. I have used this strategy, many many times, especially for challenging social/food occasions.

Writing befoe biting has brought peace and control to my life. This is a simple yet effective technique.

darlingnikki 02-01-2012 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karen925 (Post 15381135)
Write before you bite is a fail safe way to plan your meals. Hard to over eat if it is planned and written down before hand. I have used this strategy, many many times, especially for challenging social/food occasions.

Writing befoe biting has brought peace and control to my life. This is a simple yet effective technique.

:goodpost:

gotsomeold 02-02-2012 03:27 AM

"Write before bite" - we have another words-to-live-by!!!

Yes, absolutely I had to restrict white carbs and sweets when I started. I gave myself a few weeks to let the SiRT enzymes build up then re-introduced them one at a time. Found a few that still seemed to trigger hunger so I put them aside for a few weeks then tried again. The second time around the triggers were gone.

I still eat mostly lc because I really like lc. But, when a baked potato or a chocolate mousse winks at me suggestively, I just check the calories and dive in.