Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2012, 08:59 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: meeha
Stats: 258/258/when it feels right
WOE: My Way
Start Date: 1/09/2014
I think I want to give it a try!

Good Morning Everyone,
Oh! boy I have been lurking for a while and I am trying to figure out which path to take. I have tried just about everything and right now I am just eating when hungry trying not to eat too much nothing really structured.

Soooooo here I am thinking about trying JUDDD and since it's the 1st day of a month it would be perfect to chart.

Anyway of course I have questions and concerns...............

I am a binge eater and one thing that worries me about the UD is it might trigger that binge monster.

I worry that this is going to be another diet instead of a lifestyle

Is it just UD/DD I thought I saw a few people posting something about FD or MD

Do any of you hit your UP/DD numbers exactly?

I am so tired of flip flopping and just want to eat healthy and be healthy without the headache and deprivation.

So far today I've eaten 2 white castle burgers 340 cal and a cup of Swiss Miss Diet Hot Coco 25 cals so if I start off with a DD I only have 81 more calories to spare according to the JUDDD site (2232 UD and 446 DD)

Any and all advice is welcomed I want to give it a full month 100%
meeha is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-2012, 09:10 AM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: catr31
Stats: 205/169/145
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Restarted 1/3/14
JUDDD is actually helping me control my binging by teaching me how to eat normally on my up days. Counting calories and being able to fit in treats here and there are what is keeping me from eating everything in sight. If I crave something, I fit it into my UD and adjust my calories around it. Last night I had chicken fajitas and was able to just eat one because it didn't feel like it was my "last" meal. You know that feeling you get when you think its your last chance to eat everything yummy before you start your diet tomorrow? I hate that feeling.
Old 02-01-2012, 09:36 AM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Our own attitude toward a way of eating determines whether we'll consider it a *diet* or whether it will become a natural part of our way of living. So that part of it is pretty much up to you.

And a great part of it is.. if you make it work. JUDDD works. But do you make it work? Do you work it? There is so very little to it, that because it is extremely simple, it is easy to think that you can be very, very casual about it, and it will still work its magic for you, but I think that we will get by with being extremely loose in following JUDDD only so far.

So it's up to you to make it work for you. Get your numbers set correctly. Adhere to those numbers pretty closely. Don't go over or under those numbers by much. Really try to respect your numbers, because they should by correct for you, based on your individual stats.

Give your body awhile to adjust to this way of living. Some start losing weight right off the bat. They are usually the ones who don't eat a whole lot of foods that are very different from the foods they were eating previously, before starting JUDDD. Their bodies don't have to re-adapt to added carbs in the diet, as an example. And if you decide to add carbs back into your diet, as many of us do, give your body a couple of weeks to adapt to this before expecting any weight loss to really be showing up on the scale. Don't be impatient.

After you've been on JUDDD for a few weeks (and often just a few days), you should have lost weight. If you haven't... did you adhere to your numbers? That's the number one biggest reason JUDDD can't work for somebody. They say they're eating this number or that number of calories, but in truth.. they really can't say for sure because they aren't measuring out their foods.. they just eyeballing. Or they are just guessing on the calorie numbers, rather than pinpointing exactly.. so their calorie totals may be off by quite a bit. Unfair to say JUDDD doesn't work.

And, the thing is.. many of us can make it work even doing it as loosely as that! So it may work for you, at least for some time. But really nice to just do it correctly and accurately right from the start, so that you can lose the most weight, the fastest, and the most dependably.

And then, if you're doing everything absolutely correctly, and you aren't losing much weight, it's time to revisit your number calculations, because it may be time to tweak them. The biggest thing that seems to mess it up for folks is when they add in a certain amount of exercise to their calculations, because they do exercise. But for some reason, those calories that are added back in seem to be in *too big* a number. Usually better to just not figure them in, and then if you exercise, you'll lose at a bit faster rate from it.

Ummmm... can't think of anything else. Good luck if you decide to go with JUDDD and join us here.

I can only say that JUDDD absolutely works. I will never be eating in any other manner. This has freed me and given me a far more normal relationship with food.

Last edited by SoHappy; 02-01-2012 at 09:40 AM..
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 09:55 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you guys so much for responding, well I have added carbs back in my eating a long time ago so that wouldn't be a problem.

Catr31...... you are absolutely right about that "last meal" mentality and I have done it many many times. I noticed when I tried just counting calories and not carbs I didn't binge as much as I did on LC I think b/c that deprivation wasn't there, I knew I could have it if I wanted to.

SoHappy..... I agree with "you have to make it work" I have been trying to let go of that "diet mentality" and stop trying something for a few days and giving up. So I want to give this a shot for a full month and go on from there.
Old 02-01-2012, 10:08 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Okay so I am going to make this a DD just finished eating a bag of popcorn 110 calories which will keep me full the rest of the work day I am also drinking alot of water. Instead of DD caloires being 446 I am going to round it to 500 and UP between 1500/1600.

So I have 25 calories left and that will be either another cup of Diet Swiss Miss or 2 SF Philly Swirls tonight. I need to plan out my UD menu for tomorrow.
Old 02-01-2012, 10:12 AM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeha View Post
Good Morning Everyone,
Oh! boy I have been lurking for a while and I am trying to figure out which path to take. I have tried just about everything and right now I am just eating when hungry trying not to eat too much nothing really structured.

Soooooo here I am thinking about trying JUDDD and since it's the 1st day of a month it would be perfect to chart.

Anyway of course I have questions and concerns...............

I am a binge eater and one thing that worries me about the UD is it might trigger that binge monster.

I worry that this is going to be another diet instead of a lifestyle

Is it just UD/DD I thought I saw a few people posting something about FD or MD

Do any of you hit your UP/DD numbers exactly?

I am so tired of flip flopping and just want to eat healthy and be healthy without the headache and deprivation.

So far today I've eaten 2 white castle burgers 340 cal and a cup of Swiss Miss Diet Hot Coco 25 cals so if I start off with a DD I only have 81 more calories to spare according to the JUDDD site (2232 UD and 446 DD)

Any and all advice is welcomed I want to give it a full month 100%
Meeha!

I agree, plan out your UDs and DDs. Allow a treat or something you don't normally have, but portion these out and figure them into your UD calorie allowance. Ease into the carbs if they are a problem. You can eat what you like every other day now, so no need to try to fit it all in in one day - leave room for the proteins, fats, veggies, fruits, etc.

Plan and plan and track calories in ****** or a similar program. This will help you stay on track and see what you are really eating and how much.

Give yourself time to adjust. Mistakes will be made, big and small because it's how it goes in life. Don't sweat it, just get right back on with whatever day falls next and keep going.

Don't get stressed wtih trying to make UD calories fall on your exact number exactly. Just get close to it and don't worry about it. There's no way to know the precise numbers of your calories burned/needed and also consumed in each food item without being in a laboratory, so just do the best you can and remember to enjoy your foods.

For me, this is a lifetime woe though I make modifications to it at times, but I always come back around to regular JUDDD regularly. But I'm in maintenance. I always add that so as not to confuse anyone. Anyway, this is not just a diet to me, but a lifestyle. After you get used to it, you start to enjoy it - the way you are eating and the benefits it's bringing you, and it reinforces that you don't want to go back to the old way of restrictive diets. For example, diets that eliminate entire food groups, or want you to combine foods in certain ways at certain times of day, or tell you what you must eat. With JUDDD, the what and when is up to you, it only tells you to eat more one day, eat a lot less the next. And when you get to maintenance, you may be able to modify things if you desire so that you are eating more and not having to count calories all the time. No guarantees, but it's what a number of us are experiencing.

For now, do the best you can with the regular JUDDD rotation and see how you feel in a month.

FDs are "free days" that some of us do, mostly those of us in maintenance where we don't count calories on our UDs anymore, it's ad libitum feeding. MDs are "medium days" that are sometimes inserted in the regular UD/DD rotation to make an UD or DD fall on a day you want, like if there is a special dinner coming up. It's not recommended to use these until you are at least a couple weeks into the program, unless you have an "emergency" where you really need it. Some people end up using a MD every week to make their UDs and DDs fall on the same days each week. I tried to do a regular UD/DD rotation several weeks when I first started without MDs, but again, life happens so you do what you must.

Welcome again!
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 10:16 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: b_lou_who
Stats: 2014 was195/now186.9 5'7" 44
WOE: whole organic low-sugars IF vegan
Start Date: 1997
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
given me a far more normal relationship with food.
Love that. We all need a healthy relationship with our bodies and food! What a great encouragement.

I have only just done my first down day yesterday (which coincided with ovulation and day three of a migraine..ugh) but I have done hcg before with the 500cal every day so I know how to eat under 500cals in real healthy food at least, since I strive to only eat whole and organic.

The thing that helps me get through is telling myself I only have to make it through today. I will be eating again tomorrow.
I can make a list of foods that come to mind when on a down day and give myself permission to have them on an up day. It totally cuts through the mental issue for me. 99% of the time I don't even want that food when I get to the day I can have it.
I used that yesterday on myself yet again and it totally relieves the stress of neglect and want, without setting up a cycle of failing myself.
I know I am only test driving JUDDD here right now, but it feels like I could totally agree with Pat as quoted above, that this could develop into a normal relationship with food that doesn't feed issues/addictions/endocrine problems for me.
Old 02-01-2012, 10:22 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiethecat View Post
:FDs are "free days" that some of us do, mostly those of us in maintenance where we don't count calories on our UDs anymore, it's ad libitum feeding. MDs are "medium days" that are sometimes inserted in the regular UD/DD rotation to make an UD or DD fall on a day you want, like if there is a special dinner coming up. It's not recommended to use these until you are at least a couple weeks into the program, unless you have an "emergency" where you really need it. Some people end up using a MD every week to make their UDs and DDs fall on the same days each week. I tried to do a regular UD/DD rotation several weeks when I first started without MDs, but again, life happens so you do what you must.

Welcome again!
Thanks for responding okay so to make sure I get this right in the beginning I should rotate UP/DD only for ex.

M-D
T-U
W-D
Th-U
F-D
S-U
Sun-D
then instead of M being a DD like the previous it should be be U and so forth?

I was going to have it as set days each week making Sun a MD like it might be easier to know that every monday is going to be a DD. I glanced over the website and don't recall seeing FD or MD but saw it on here. I need to get the book.
Old 02-01-2012, 10:23 AM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Hazelsmrf
Stats: 303/152/150
WOE: VSG surgery
Start Date: November 8th 2012
I'm a binge eater too, I can seriously binge myself into gaining obscene amounts of weight very quickly. I'll eat a large pizza all by myself, and still have room for dessert.

This plan has been good to me. It's flexible, so there's no "Oh I've fallen off plan so I might as well enjoy it today and start over tomorrow", no. No need for that with this. It's not restrictive, so it doesn't trigger that "Oh I'd better enjoy THIS while I can because I won't be seeing it again for a while!". You restrict for one day, big deal. Holding off for one day is fine. I can have that tomorrow.

I've had a few free days simply because I've had meals out where I had trouble to judge the caloric content. (By free day I don't mean a free for all food fest but simply I didn't count calories that day so I might have been over OR under on my calories) BUT what I found when I went to the restaurant last weekend is that I went in there thinking "Oh I'm going to get some dessert, it's gonna be so good!", and then honestly realizing I just wasn't hungry enough for it, and leaving it at that. I actually left some food on my plate, because I realized that I wasn't hungry anymore.

My appetite seems more "normal". I'm not the only one that has noticed it, my husband, who does NOT have any binge issues I should say, has noticed that he is less hungry on down days AND up days. That his lunches at work are getitng smaller and smaller on up days because his hunger is smaller. Or maybe we're just listening to our bodies better than we used to. Obviously overeating on purpose is not listening to our bodies very well, so I'm glad to finally be able to hear what it's probably been trying to tell me all along.

Last edited by Hazelsmrf; 02-01-2012 at 10:26 AM..
Hazelsmrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 10:29 AM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Well that is exactly what I'm looking for to have a healthy relationship with food and total deprivation is not going to work. I don't think I will have a problem with the DD since I started counting calories I have kind of mastered finding lots of low calorie foods. When I found I could eat a whole steam bag of broccoli for like 50 calories and be full and satisfied and could eat helathy carbs and still lose weight it was at that point I stopped being afraid of carbs and focused more on calories.

Yeah I think knowing I can have whatever the next day will also help me with the DD.

Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_lou_who View Post
Love that. We all need a healthy relationship with our bodies and food! What a great encouragement.

I have only just done my first down day yesterday (which coincided with ovulation and day three of a migraine..ugh) but I have done hcg before with the 500cal every day so I know how to eat under 500cals in real healthy food at least, since I strive to only eat whole and organic.

The thing that helps me get through is telling myself I only have to make it through today. I will be eating again tomorrow.
I can make a list of foods that come to mind when on a down day and give myself permission to have them on an up day. It totally cuts through the mental issue for me. 99% of the time I don't even want that food when I get to the day I can have it.
I used that yesterday on myself yet again and it totally relieves the stress of neglect and want, without setting up a cycle of failing myself.
I know I am only test driving JUDDD here right now, but it feels like I could totally agree with Pat as quoted above, that this could develop into a normal relationship with food that doesn't feed issues/addictions/endocrine problems for me.
Old 02-01-2012, 11:05 AM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Eieio
Stats: 155/140/130 (130)
WOE: Atkin, JUDDD
Start Date: Dec-10
Welcome. And anxious for u to explore and find how really strong u ARE.

Im very lucky to not of had a wt. issue. Cause boy I ate homemade cin. rolls, candy!! Just plan bad food growing up. I had bad teeth to prove it.
My mothers hobby was cooking/baking. Lard, sugar....Need I say more.
I'm lucky in many ways. I took from my dad and his metabolism, he was strong, 6 ft. And slim.
He worked hard, and ate what ever. Like me.
Starting 8 ish? Years ago.
Things changed after a few surgerys for me. In the last 6 years my wt started climbing.( I get confused here with time lines.) Doesn't matter anyway. But.
Just weird for me to have to limit food.
But now that I have a handle on it.
I see that it was a trade off. Surgerys helped me feel better, more well.
I'm new with JUddd, my second week. AND I KNOW IT'S WORKING FOR ME.
Hope u give this woe a honest try. WHAT'S GOT TO LOOSE?
Best wishes.I love all the help, tips I read on this board.
Well it's my day to eat lower calories so need to get my broth cooking. I actually cook my broth. Stir it, think about how good it's going to be. Nourish my body.
Eieio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 12:20 PM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Three AH-HA moments that are waiting in your JUDDDing future:

1) Imagine it is DD. You just thought of two rich, yummy foods that are going to be pure pleasure to nosh without guilt. But, you know together they will add up to too many calories for one UD. The ah-ha? You realize you just decided to have one tomorrow and the other on your next UD. No stress, no feeling of deprivation, no anxiety. You just made your plans, allocated the calories, and are now calmly nibbling a lettuce leaf.

2) It may be DD or it may be UD. Some crisis just interrupted your life. Your former go-to food slips into your mind but you are too busy handling the crisis to do anything about it. The ah-ha? Crisis resolved, you realize you don't really want that food.

3) Something non-weight related shows you the magic JUDDD is working in your bod. Me? For decades I have had ugly, wrinkly pouches under my eyes. Gifts from years of sinus infections. A few weeks ago, I realized the pouches are deflating and tightening. The anti-inflammatory effect of JUDDD is taking them away.

Oh yes, I am convinced this is a way of life. I want that old JUDDD magic perking in me every day.
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 07:48 PM   #13
bkm
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bkm
Stats: 200/140/130
WOE: Keto
Start Date: 08/12/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post
For decades I have had ugly, wrinkly pouches under my eyes. Gifts from years of sinus infections. A few weeks ago, I realized the pouches are deflating and tightening. The anti-inflammatory effect of JUDDD is taking them away.
I've been reading this thread, have the book on order, and was seriously considering going on JUDD in a couple of weeks (when I'm through with my second round of HCG) - I think this WOE will work well for maintenance - but this statement just absolutely sold me on it!!!!!
bkm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 12:35 AM   #14
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MintQ8
Stats: 267.6/257/140
WOE: JUDDD/Paul McKenna
Start Date: 9 Nov 2014
Quote:
Instead of DD caloires being 446 I am going to round it to 500 and UP between 1500/1600.
Quote:
Just wondering why you've dropped your UD cals from the original 2232 you mention to 1500/1600?

Your weight according to your stats would mean that you should be eating around 2200 or so (I'm still at that number and I've dropped a bit of weight). I am concerned if you drop by 500-700 per day - you won't be getting your maintenance cals.

Part of this is the average (although, as I read somewhere else, your body has no idea about averages!!)

500+1600 = 2100 or an average over 2 days of 1050, a very low cal number for your stats!
whereas
500+2200 = 2700 or an average of 1350 - which, I would say are good numbers

I started this WOE @ 264lbs - when I last weighed myself I was 239.2lbs (25lbs in just under 10 weeks - over Christmas, where I had several Feast Days - 3000+ and went on holiday for a week and averaged 800cal DD and Feast Days).

I have normally eaten 300 - 500 on DD and 2000 - 2400 on UD - my weight loss is more successful when I stick to around 2000-2200!!! As I drop weight, I should reduce my cals - but I am trying to maintain the higher UD cals unless I need to drop them to keep my weight loss moving down.

Good luck!!
Old 02-02-2012, 02:45 AM   #15
MLE
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MLE
Stats: 175/140/130 5'5"
WOE: Atkins/Crackin'
Start Date: June 2010/New start in 2012
Meeha & BKM!!

There are some of us here who have had sketchy histories with food and there are some really good threads to read if you look back in the JUDDD forum. For most, maybe not all, (and certainly for me) this WOE has reset the mindset that triggers binging = DEPRIVATION. Because, we CAN have it! If not today, then tomorrow!!
Best wishes for you on your journey to a healthy relationship with food. It is possible, I believe, with this WOE.
MLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 02:46 AM   #16
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Meeha, I'm sure you found this somewhere...but just in case...

The first two to four weeks it is best to keep the DD/UD rotation going with no adjustments. That pattern will maximize the time it takes to establish that old JUDDD magic in your bod = speed up weight loss, appetite suppression, and all the good stuff.

If you absolutely NEED to have DDs on particular, set days of the week, MDs allow you to control the pattern. But MDs work best once the enzymes have fully accumulated in your bod (those two to four weeks depending on your metabolism - took me about 3.5 weeks).

bkm, the day I realized those danged eye pouches were changing, I put on a full make-up just so I could look in the mirror and shriek "WOW!" over and over.

Last edited by gotsomeold; 02-02-2012 at 02:53 AM..
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 07:42 AM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: theredhead
Stats: 229/152/150
WOE: Atkins/hCG/maintaining EASILY with JUDDD
Start Date: 09/04/03
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkm View Post
I've been reading this thread, have the book on order, and was seriously considering going on JUDD in a couple of weeks (when I'm through with my second round of HCG) - I think this WOE will work well for maintenance - but this statement just absolutely sold me on it!!!!!
Welcome, BKM! I am a long-time low carber who resorted to hCG to get the final pounds off. Even after multiple rounds of hCG, I just couldn't maintain. JUDDD has not only taken off the last few pounds, I've lost below my goal! AND it's so much more fun to eat this way, lol.
theredhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 08:08 AM   #18
bkm
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bkm
Stats: 200/140/130
WOE: Keto
Start Date: 08/12/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by theredhead View Post
Welcome, BKM! I am a long-time low carber who resorted to hCG to get the final pounds off. Even after multiple rounds of hCG, I just couldn't maintain. JUDDD has not only taken off the last few pounds, I've lost below my goal! AND it's so much more fun to eat this way, lol.
This is ENCOURAGING!

Sounds like my situation - close to goal and difficulty with maintaining - after my first round of HCG (I lost 10 pounds, then finally "maintained" at a loss of 8 pounds) I realized that I pretty much did the JUDD diet - up with the calories one day (and up with the scale weight ), so the next day was eating much as I had in HCG protocol (and the scale came back down) - didn't lose any weight doing this, but at least I maintained!

I'm hoping that doing JUDD (correctly) will eventually allow me to stop the up and down days and still maintain - I LIKE being a size 6 and don't ever want to go back to larger sizes!!!!

I've been low-carbing since 01/01/1994 (weighed >200#) - reached my goal weight in 1995 (125#) - maintained with a few blips (gaining up to 160#) along the way - lost weight on HCG but hated the no-fat! - now up about 10 pounds and looking for a solution!
bkm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 04:40 PM   #19
Major LCF Poster!

Down 3 lbs from my DD, for some reason I was not hungry today which is weird consider I miscalculated the white castle burgers yesterday instead of 340 they are actually 310.

Anyway so my DD calculations on 2/1 = 469
Today like I said wasn't very hungry and I worked from today which is usually a disaster b/c I usually binge but no real appetite and I ended up eating 1225.
I don't like forcing myself to eat if I'm not hungry.

What I also noticed is that when I stop and think and listen to my body I find that I don't eat as much verses when I just eat b/c I see it or bored.

Anyway those are my numbers I feel pretty good.
Old 02-02-2012, 04:49 PM   #20
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MintQ8 View Post
Just wondering why you've dropped your UD cals from the original 2232 you mention to 1500/1600?

Your weight according to your stats would mean that you should be eating around 2200 or so (I'm still at that number and I've dropped a bit of weight). I am concerned if you drop by 500-700 per day - you won't be getting your maintenance cals.

Part of this is the average (although, as I read somewhere else, your body has no idea about averages!!)

500+1600 = 2100 or an average over 2 days of 1050, a very low cal number for your stats!
whereas
500+2200 = 2700 or an average of 1350 - which, I would say are good numbers

I started this WOE @ 264lbs - when I last weighed myself I was 239.2lbs (25lbs in just under 10 weeks - over Christmas, where I had several Feast Days - 3000+ and went on holiday for a week and averaged 800cal DD and Feast Days).

I have normally eaten 300 - 500 on DD and 2000 - 2400 on UD - my weight loss is more successful when I stick to around 2000-2200!!! As I drop weight, I should reduce my cals - but I am trying to maintain the higher UD cals unless I need to drop them to keep my weight loss moving down.

Good luck!!
To be honest there was no real reason why I chose those numbers, and 2232 seemed like alot of planned food. If I mindlessly I'm sure I could but I said 500/1500 for a margin just to see where my hunger scale would fall and go from there.

Today I was not hungry at all until around 12:00 and afterwards I ate when I was hungry and my calories ended up being 1225 no where near 2232 or even the 1500 I was shooting for and I honestly wasn't hungry so I don't want to force myself to eat more just to reach a max number. Now it's 6:46pm if I get hungry before I go to bed then I'll eat something but right now I'm not hungry I just ate an hour ago.

If I get to 1500 calories and still hungry you better believe I will eat especially knowing per the website 2232 is my max there's plenty of room to add to the menu.
Old 02-02-2012, 05:00 PM   #21
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Meeha,
From your stats, it would appear that we are pretty close in weight. Not knowing all the other factors, I'm inclined to think that you really need to try to eat more on UDs. My numbers are 2200/1500 and you'd better believe I get close to 2200 and I'm losing very well.

If it's a problem with the "bulk" of the foods you're eating, perhaps you can increase by eating some more calorie dense foods. Peanut butter, wine, healthy fats to cook with, etc.

I believe part of what sustains us through the DDs is eating well and fully on the UDs. Pat (SoHappy) also has mentioned the constant piston-like pushing up and down, high calorie day to low calorie day, to help increase our metabolism and get us working like a well oiled-machine (to paraphrase--hope I got the analogy close).

While you don't have to eat up to those high numbers every single UD, I think it's a good idea to at least try, and especially if you're that far away.

Whatever you decide, I wish you luck!

JUDDD got me where I want to be!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote