Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   My JUDDD Experiment - 1st month's results (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/755808-my-juddd-experiment-1st-months-results.html)

MLE 02-01-2012 07:24 AM

My JUDDD Experiment - 1st month's results

On January 1st, after spending some time researching IF and JUDDD, I decided to give this WOE a trial run to see if it would do what I read it could - decrease fat while maintaining muscle mass. My numbers have been 1900 UD/500 DD, which avgs to 1200 calories a day. I have not adhered to those numbers perfectly but I have tried to keep my numbers close. I do fasted resistance training on most of my UD's, supplementing with BCAA's ~15 min. prior to my workout.

My results after 1 month:
Start - Jan. 1, 2012
Weight: 146.8 lbs.
% Body Fat: 26.8%
Measurements:
Biceps: 10 3/4 in.
Chest: 33 in.
Waist: 27 in.
Hips: 34 in.
Lower Thigh: 18 3/4 in.
Upper Thigh: 22 1/2 in.
Calf: 14 in.

Feb. 1, 2012
Weight: 140 lbs.
% Body Fat: 24.8%
Measurements:
Biceps: 10 1/2 in. (-1/4in)
Chest: 32 1/2 in. (-1/2in)
Waist: 25 1/2 in. (-1 1/2in)
Hips: 32 in. (-2in)
Lower Thigh: 18 1/2 in. (-1/4in)
Upper Thigh: 22 in. (-1/2in)
Calf: 14 in. (-0)

Summary results:
After one month of JUDDD, I have lost almost 7 lbs., 2% body fat and a total of 5 inches all over.

These results make me very pleased with this WOE! I am an endomorph with a pear body shape and I am so happy to finally see changes in my waist, hips and thighs! :jumpjoy:ON TO MONTH 2 of JUDDD!!

Beeb 02-01-2012 07:25 AM

:jumpjoy::high5::hugs:

TallToriV 02-01-2012 07:45 AM

Wow!!! That's just awesome!

KeirasMom 02-01-2012 07:47 AM

:high5:

MLE 02-01-2012 08:05 AM

:hugs:Thanks, JUDDD Buds! After 6 months of feeling "stuck," it is nice to see things moving in the right direction!

mykidsteacher 02-01-2012 09:01 AM

Those are some AMAZING results! WTG!

Bonnie 02-01-2012 09:02 AM

:clap::clap:

kris4chloe 02-01-2012 09:14 AM

awesome results. makes me more motivated to pay more attention to my measurements.

do you use a scale that measures body fat or if not, how do you measure body fat?

corgimom 02-01-2012 09:16 AM

Wow! :clap:

b_lou_who 02-01-2012 09:17 AM

awesome, thank you so much for sharing!

sophiethecat 02-01-2012 09:40 AM

You're doing so great, MLE!!! :jumpjoy: :jumpjoy: Happy for you! Enjoy! :jumpjoy:

WWC 02-01-2012 09:47 AM

That's lovely! Congratulations on all your hard work! :high5:

oneoftwo 02-01-2012 10:04 AM

Great results, congrats !!

Only 10lbs away from your goal weight !

TallToriV 02-01-2012 12:51 PM

You know, you inspired me to go and measure myself, and I've lost a full inch off my tummy!! Not sure what to call it properly - it's the place about 1.5" above my hips where all the pudge lives. :hyst: Measurements really are important!

MLE 02-01-2012 12:51 PM

:love:Thanks again! I have to say that this group has helped me stay motivated and encouraged. I couldn't/wouldn't want to do it without everyone here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kris4chloe (Post 15380080)
awesome results. makes me more motivated to pay more attention to my measurements.

do you use a scale that measures body fat or if not, how do you measure body fat?

Kris4chloe, I have a digital HealthoMeter scale that measures body fat. A while back I had a trainer at the gym use calipers to check the accuracy of my scale - it is really pretty accurate!

Quote:

Originally Posted by oneoftwo (Post 15380261)
Only 10lbs away from your goal weight !

YEAH! And, usually the last ten pounds are the most stubborn BUT I am hoping that JUDDD will make 'em slide right off!:aprayer:

Kissa 02-01-2012 01:02 PM

EML thoose are brilliant results. I hope you share them on the WooHoo threads here and on the main boards.

It will inspire so many. You have done such a great job.

MLE 02-01-2012 01:09 PM

:doh:Oh yeah....hadn't thought to do that but I guess you make a good point!

SoHappy 02-01-2012 01:41 PM

This is a very exciting post. Congrats on the excellent results. I'm always so happy to read of all the success folks experience when they change their eating plan to JUDDD. :up:

DD80 02-01-2012 01:53 PM

I had never heard of JUDDD before coming to this website (and I'm usually up on all things "diet"). The more I read, the more I am interested. I have done WW for a long time and know that many people have had better results when they vary their points plus values every day throughout the week, so it doesn't seem too far off that JUDDD could work. Once I am done with Medi, I am really going to take a hard look at this. I know that carbs will never be in my life the way they were again because of how my body reacts to them, but to be able to have sushi with rice every now and then, or a piece of cake at a birthday party without losing control or gaining 10 lbs, would be nice.

Thank you guys for being inspiring with your stories!

SoHappy 02-01-2012 02:00 PM

It would be our pleasure to have you join us here. I look forward to seeing you one of these days! (And you'll love it! JUDDD works!)

leonak 02-01-2012 02:24 PM

WTG

Super happy for you!

DD80 02-01-2012 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoHappy (Post 15380982)
It would be our pleasure to have you join us here. I look forward to seeing you one of these days! (And you'll love it! JUDDD works!)

Thank you! I will be lurking here for sure (and maybe posting - I can't help myself sometimes!) :)

sophiethecat 02-01-2012 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DD80 (Post 15380957)
I had never heard of JUDDD before coming to this website (and I'm usually up on all things "diet"). The more I read, the more I am interested. I have done WW for a long time and know that many people have had better results when they vary their points plus values every day throughout the week, so it doesn't seem too far off that JUDDD could work. Once I am done with Medi, I am really going to take a hard look at this. I know that carbs will never be in my life the way they were again because of how my body reacts to them, but to be able to have sushi with rice every now and then, or a piece of cake at a birthday party without losing control or gaining 10 lbs, would be nice.

Thank you guys for being inspiring with your stories!

:welcome: DD! :shake: We'll look forward to your posts - jump in anytime, pre-JUDDD bud! :D

pjsam1156 02-01-2012 04:16 PM

GREAT results MLE!!:jumpjoy::jumpjoy::sing:

DD80 02-01-2012 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sophiethecat (Post 15381204)
:welcome: DD! :shake: We'll look forward to your posts - jump in anytime, pre-JUDDD bud! :D

Thank you so much! I love that you guys are so friendly and responsive over here! I posted a few days ago with questions in the Medi forum and received one response today. It made me feel alone. :sad: I'm excited to see all your success stories and to chat with you guys - so I'll probably be over here a lot!

mykidsteacher 02-01-2012 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DD80 (Post 15381313)
Thank you so much! I love that you guys are so friendly and responsive over here! I posted a few days ago with questions in the Medi forum and received one response today. It made me feel alone. :sad: I'm excited to see all your success stories and to chat with you guys - so I'll probably be over here a lot!

Glad you'll be hanging around. I also will never be able to enjoy carbs the way some here can. I've only been here coming up on 3 weeks, but have done some experimenting with carbs and it seems they spike my blood sugar, so I'll be limiting them. I'm waiting for the sirt-1 gene to kick in still, and hoping for healing to my broken metabolism when that happens.

Look forward to sharing the journey.

mayleesa 02-01-2012 05:04 PM

:jumpjoy::sing::clap::up: you are an inspiration!!! THANKS!!!!!!

MLE 02-02-2012 01:30 AM

DD80,
:welcome:
It would be wonderful for you to just give it a try after your done with Medi!! I have been on almost every diet known to man for most of my life (beginning at age 13). WW did it for me the first time and for about 10 years I managed to stay between a size 4 and 7, some of it healthfully and some not so. I really messed up my metabolism over the years. I really wanted to give this a try for two reasons: 1) body builders have known for a while that IF lowers body fat quickly without losing muscle mass and this is a form of IF; 2) with my history, restriction/deprivation does things to my mind that are not good. So, I decided to do an experiment to see if this would meet objective 1 while omitting problem 2.
ET VOILA!! So far so good!:up:
Come on in and test the water! Try it out...all you have to loose is weight!!;)

DD80 02-02-2012 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mykidsteacher (Post 15381348)
Glad you'll be hanging around. I also will never be able to enjoy carbs the way some here can. I've only been here coming up on 3 weeks, but have done some experimenting with carbs and it seems they spike my blood sugar, so I'll be limiting them. I'm waiting for the sirt-1 gene to kick in still, and hoping for healing to my broken metabolism when that happens.

Look forward to sharing the journey.

Thank you for the warm welcome! :) Fixing my broken metabolism would be so amazing. Yes, carbs will never be what they were to me...but that's ok. I want to eat so I FEEL better.

DD80 02-02-2012 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MLE (Post 15382017)
DD80,
:welcome:
It would be wonderful for you to just give it a try after your done with Medi!! I have been on almost every diet known to man for most of my life (beginning at age 13). WW did it for me the first time and for about 10 years I managed to stay between a size 4 and 7, some of it healthfully and some not so. I really messed up my metabolism over the years. I really wanted to give this a try for two reasons: 1) body builders have known for a while that IF lowers body fat quickly without losing muscle mass and this is a form of IF; 2) with my history, restriction/deprivation does things to my mind that are not good. So, I decided to do an experiment to see if this would meet objective 1 while omitting problem 2.
ET VOILA!! So far so good!:up:
Come on in and test the water! Try it out...all you have to loose is weight!!;)

Thank you! :) I'm really excited to try it - still, I admit, I'm a little scared, but once I've lost some more weight, I think I'll be more ok with it. I'm so happy to hear that it is working for so many people - including you! I have the same issues with deprivation...it ALWAYS leads to a binge, whether it be in 2 days or 2 months. That's why this is so interesting to me, along with resetting my metabolism. I will definitely be hanging out here!