Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2012, 06:15 AM   #1
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: lil miss
WOE: LCMW
Start Date: 1/1/13
Trying so hard this week...

Had a great first 2 weeks, then the third week, not so great.

I have learned that UDs are SO important.

SoHappy said it best on another thread, it really hit home for me, she said, [and I am paraphrasing] "Even though this is a lovely way to lose weight, you ARE still "dieting" on an UD so you have to respect the ceiling. When you get to maintenance, then you get to have a 'free' day when you dont have to count calories." Reminder to self: you aren't in maintenance yet! Seriously. I am on it this week and I am praying for good things on Saturday!

I think I have learned that when I don't respect the ceiling, I don't lose.

Today, after a good DD, I am .8 UP from my previous low so I am giving it my all this week, and am being very careful with my UDs!

Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2012, 06:16 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Majella
Stats: 191/183/132
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: June 2013
Hiya I have the same problem and really have to watch myself on my UD, don't forget to drink lots!
Majella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 06:19 AM   #3
Big Yapper!!!!

My apologies to Sophiethecat, it was her who said this:

Quote:
There may be a lucky few souls who can eat, eat, eat on UD and have good DDs and lose, but most of us need to stick to our UD calories in WLM. I was one of those who had to stick my numbers to lose. You wouldn't know it now because I regularly have FDs, but during WLM, my body was still healing and it could not do that on hundreds and hundreds of calories too many.

I tell people just try to stick to your #s in WLM and look forward to maintenance. Because in maintenance you may find you don't have to count calories anymore - you can also have FDs. Or you can at least raise your UD calorie ceiling higher by that time. No guarantee, but it's what a number of us have experienced after a while. Better running metabolisms. So yes, while counting calories can be a pain in the butt, it may only be temporary - a tool to get you where you wanna be, and then you may be able to play looser in maintenance.
IT really spoke to me and I thank you and Beeb, and Pat and EVERYONE here for all the advice and support.
lil miss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 06:39 AM   #4
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
I agree lilmiss. I think I have hit my stride since I am suddenly losing on UD's and as well as DD's. Counting and measuring everything helps me be accountable. I need batteries for my kitchen scale or I would be weighing food too.
The book talks about how we tend to underestimate how much we are really eating thus the measuring spoons, cups and scale. They are my friends.
GOOD LUCK FOR FEBRUARY. YOU CAN DO IT!!
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 06:41 AM   #5
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks adi.

The fact that you are losing on UDs means you are truly rocking JUDDD, congrats!
Old 01-31-2012, 07:06 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: monica1210
Stats: 168/148/135-140 5'6" Age 45
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis
Start Date: 1/2/2012 started NK 9/7/13
Yes, I lived the first 3 weeks eating in maintenance mode. Haha! Had a great time, but really would like to lose, so I had to respect those UD numbers. I still feel like I am spoiling myself those days, so all is good!
monica1210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 07:16 AM   #7
Big Yapper!!!!

Yes, you can still spoil yourself, just not EVERYTHING in the same day, save something for the NEXT UD... haha