Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Going on vacation during induction: I don't recommend it... (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/755664-going-vacation-during-induction-i-dont-recommend.html)

TallToriV 01-31-2012 05:21 AM

Going on vacation during induction: I don't recommend it...

But I did lose 2 lbs in 10 days anyway. Can't wait to see what kind of rate of loss I get now that I'm home again. Even though I was careful with down days and only went over by a bit (except for The Hangover Pizza Incident), I still know I can do better at home. But hey - I didn't gain! Which I surely would have if I'd gone into this without any planned woe.

Oddly enough, my jeans are totally baggy. I've lost 5 lbs total in the last 2 weeks (huge 3 lb loss right off the bat), but everything seems disproportionately looser. Maybe it's in my head, but I like it anyway!! :)

TallToriV 01-31-2012 05:24 AM

Oh, I did have a question: I was planning on going up to 25% calories starting this week, since induction's technically over. Based on my slow loss and one oopsie day, do y'all experts think I should stay at 20%? How do I know SIRT1 has kicked in?

Dottie 01-31-2012 05:39 AM

When SIRT1 has kicked in, you'll notice you're not hungry very often lol.
I'm not an expert but my personal experience has been that I lose better at 600-650 calories on DD's rather than 500. According to the site I should only have about 430 cals, but I was gaining the same 2-3lbs on that low. Go figure!

lil miss 01-31-2012 05:44 AM

NOT gaining on a vacation is great!

I am on week 4 and am sticking to 500 cals on DD... I am still working on mastering my UDs...

synger 01-31-2012 07:50 AM

Any vacation during which you don't gain is a success, in my book!

mykidsteacher 01-31-2012 07:59 AM

I'd say that was a successful vacation! Yay on the baggy clothes.

mattsmama 01-31-2012 08:44 AM

If you feel ready to move on to a bit higher number on your DD, then by all means, go for it. Just stay tuned in to your true hunger signals, and you will be fine. You will know pretty quickly whether or not it will work for you.

I think it's great that you LOST on vacation! Good job!

TallToriV 01-31-2012 10:11 AM

Thank you, everyone!! I needed that :)

gotsomeold 01-31-2012 10:19 AM

Two pounds down after The Hangover Pizza Incident is a very, very good sign. Tune you DD calories. Just give each change a few cycles to let you know whether it is really working or not.

For me, the SiRT enzymes really kicking in felt very like ketosis on lc - I feel good, I have energy, I have to remind myself to eat on UDs.

sophiethecat 01-31-2012 02:40 PM

Congrats on maintaining through your vacation!:up: You can try raising your DD some. I was always pretty much 500 - 750 on DD during WLM and it worked fine. I go a little higher if I need it in maintenance, like up to 850 at times.

TallToriV 01-31-2012 06:49 PM

Thank you, Nancy and Sophie! I'm not very experienced with long-term weight loss, so I really appreciate all the encouragement.