Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2012, 10:14 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: oneoftwo
Stats: 146/120/120 (maintain 118-120max) 5'3.5"
WOE: Atkins/HCG one round to goal/JUDDD to maintain
Protein Shakes on DD

Anyone have one that is lower in calories that you make on DD's?

I have been trying to drink only coffee, diet iced tea or water till dinner on DD's but I am maybe going to try to do a shake at maybe 11 and then I usually have dinner at 5ish

I have this recipe from doing my HCG P2 but I wonder if I could sub the cottage cheese with protein powder?

3 oz raw spinach
5 oz frozen strawberries
3 oz low fat cottage cheese
1 tbsp Hershey’s unsweetened cocoa
2 pkg sweet n low
Water

Total of 150 Calories -
oneoftwo is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-2012, 10:22 AM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: dazygyrl
sure you could! you can make a shake however you want.

i am working on coming up with a protein glucamannan pudding. this is what i am going to try.

18 g isopure protein powder (63 cals, 15g protein)
2T whole milk (19.5 cals)
1/2 tsp gluc powder
1/2 c water
vanilla extract
ezsweets

so roughly 82.5 cals for this little concoction. you could make it a bigger portion iwthout increasing cals by using 1 tsp gluc powder and 1 cup water. i just don't think my gut can handle a whole tsp of the gluc powder.

i found the best way to mix up gluc pudding is to use a magic bullet. works beautifully!!

Last edited by dazygyrl; 01-30-2012 at 10:24 AM..
dazygyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 02:13 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: theredhead
Stats: 229/147/145
WOE: Atkins/hCG/maintaining EASILY with JUDDD
Start Date: 09/04/03
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneoftwo View Post
Anyone have one that is lower in calories that you make on DD's?

I have been trying to drink only coffee, diet iced tea or water till dinner on DD's but I am maybe going to try to do a shake at maybe 11 and then I usually have dinner at 5ish

I have this recipe from doing my HCG P2 but I wonder if I could sub the cottage cheese with protein powder?

3 oz raw spinach
5 oz frozen strawberries
3 oz low fat cottage cheese
1 tbsp Hershey’s unsweetened cocoa
2 pkg sweet n low
Water

Total of 150 Calories -
Most protein powders are going to add more calories than the cottage cheese. 1/2 cup low fat CC has about 80 cals, while most protein powders weigh in around 130 calories for 1 scoop (usually 1/3 cup). I would think it would still taste good if you just use 2/3 scoop PP. Let me know if try it and it turns out well.
theredhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 02:18 PM   #4
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Cruzcrzy
Stats: 183/136/129-131
I use Herbalife shakes on my down days. The Formula 1 shakes are 90 calories, made with water. I was VERY skeptical that these were good with water, but, they are. Sometimes I add about a tablespoon of sugar free pudding powder. Sometimes I use sugar free syrup. Right now I have caramel and hazelnut on hand. The higher protein formula they carry is 120 calories. I also add 1 tablespoon of peanut butter on the days I am willing to give up the extra calories. The peanut butter is not necessary to make it good. I DO NOT SELL THESE SHAKES, so this is an honest endorsement.

The BEACH is my HAPPY PLACE.

Cruzcrzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 03:18 PM   #5
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
WOE: 90%/10% Primal and Low-Carb
The Body Fortress vanilla you get at wal mart is 110 cals per scoop. If all you're having is a shake day type DD, you could do 3 scoops (330 cals) of that with 2 cups almond milk (70 - 90 depending on brand) + 2 cups water, and add a packet of crystal light for a different flavor. Orange is good with vanilla protein powder
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 03:36 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: oneoftwo
Stats: 146/120/120 (maintain 118-120max) 5'3.5"
WOE: Atkins/HCG one round to goal/JUDDD to maintain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
The Body Fortress vanilla you get at wal mart is 110 cals per scoop. If all you're having is a shake day type DD, you could do 3 scoops (330 cals) of that with 2 cups almond milk (70 - 90 depending on brand) + 2 cups water, and add a packet of crystal light for a different flavor. Orange is good with vanilla protein powder
I just happened to buy this brand today to try. I usually love the Jay Robb but it is so expensive!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredhead View Post
Most protein powders are going to add more calories than the cottage cheese. 1/2 cup low fat CC has about 80 cals, while most protein powders weigh in around 130 calories for 1 scoop (usually 1/3 cup). I would think it would still taste good if you just use 2/3 scoop PP. Let me know if try it and it turns out well.
Thanks, I will
oneoftwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 05:21 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: itsmeshelly01
Stats: 260/150/162
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: eating lowcarb since 2005
I bought the pure protein shakes over the weekend to use one at work. They are so good and so filling. I had one this afternoon. It was all I had all day. They are 110 calories, 2 carbs and a whopping 23 grams of protein. It's really filling. I bought the vanilla cream and its yummy!
itsmeshelly01 is offline   Reply With Quote