Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   It's Sunday! what are you eating today? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/755381-its-sunday-what-you-eating-today.html)

Dottie 01-29-2012 06:03 AM

It's Sunday! what are you eating today?
 
UD
B: Coffee and sausage kolaches
D: philly cheesesteak in a low-carb pita
D: chuck roast and steamed zucchini w/butter

MintQ8 01-29-2012 06:21 AM

Officially a Down Day!

However....

Last day in the UK - so had breakfast in the Park - which meant a full English Fry Up!!

So now on to the DD part!

S: Skinny Flat White Coffee
D: Whatever Low Calorie Meal they feed me on the plane!

sophiethecat 01-29-2012 06:21 AM

FD again.

B
-a cup of coffee

L
-dining out at a big Chinese buffet

avecrain 01-29-2012 06:56 AM

UD for me, shooting for about 2600 calories if I do sprints this afternoon. Babysitting tonight and really wanting to not get out of hand snacking after the kids go to bed (a problem I have had recently...)

B: overnight oats (oats, greek yogurt, chia seeds, milk) and i'm adding a banana, some protein powder, and a little more milk this morning (660)
L: cottage cheese, blueberries, and almonds (new fave!!) (445)
S: (spread out between meals, i'll bring at least one of these to babysitting) grapefruit, tuna salad (tuna, greek yogurt, old bay, salsa) with ryvita crackers, protein powder scoop and milk (599)
D: grilled cheese with grilled chicken, mushrooms and onions fried in butter, steamed broccoli, kombucha (559)

and i'm saving 300 cals for a sweet treat at babysitting if i don't deviate from this plan!!

total: 2584/2600 (including those 300 cals)

Alcestis 01-29-2012 07:07 AM

DD (hurrah, after eating too much Chinese take-out yesterday!)

Just coffee all day. Pork or beef casserole tonight.

mttemple4 01-29-2012 07:11 AM

DD

B: 1 egg, 1 slice of bacon
L: 2 eggs, 1 slice bacon
D: rice + shrimp + snow peas

609 calories but I am trying to back down to 500. The DD's are hands down the most challenging aspect of JUDDD for me, as well as the fact that I am a breakfast person!

adillenal 01-29-2012 07:16 AM

DD (350)
B - coffee with HWC (50)
S - HB egg white (18)
L - oat bran (120)
S - HB egg white (18)
D - oat bran (120)
S - HB egg white (18)
Total (344)
For some reason a bowl of cooked oat bran really fills me up and this menu is easy to follow and requires no thought.

WWC 01-29-2012 07:45 AM

Breakfast--coffee with stevia, Fage 0% 1 cup

Lunch--netrition shake with 1/3 cup almond milk

Dinner--1 cup chicken with 3 tbl. egg white. netrition shake with 1/3 cup almond milk

lots and lots lemon water

KeirasMom 01-29-2012 07:55 AM

DD

I haven't been shopping for home for ages, so I'm going to have to go to the grocery store. On a DD! Ha, I do this sometimes and it's really not a problem.

B: Cafe Du Monde chicory coffee :yummy:
S: If I can't wait until lunch, I'll try out the southwest eggwhite eggbeaters
L: Salad with imitation crab meat
D: No idea yet.

Broth if needed. Haircut for DD and me at some point, and might go to the movies as well to keep us occupied. I find DDs at home a little more challenging than DDs at work. :dunno:

vilanteira 01-29-2012 09:41 AM

TOM is visiting today, which would explain yesterday's DD once again going over by almost 500 calories. The 2 DDs right before TOM for me are always so difficult, with serious gnawing hunger! I've decided to let it go though, especially if this might be an issue for me every month. So, back to normal with my UD today.

B: coffee, 2 eggs over easy
L: ground lamb butternut squash avocado casserole, raw milk cheddar
D: low carb herb biscuit, spicy jerk pork ribs, brie

Around 1550 so far, so I'll need to add something more to one of the meals or add in a big snack later on.

Kissa 01-29-2012 09:58 AM

Having a MD to adjust my schedule.

B Fruit Salad, 1/2 a slice of toast with cooked tomato and a soya latte
L 260 calorie mushroom risotto
S soya flat white and one mini shortbread
D Roast pork, small potato and lots of green veggies with gravy.

SoHappy 01-29-2012 10:01 AM

This is a DD for me.

DH announced this morning that he'd like me to help him lose a few pounds. So I'm going to be feeding him mostly the same as I eat, except just in larger quantities. He'll be doing a calorie cycling too, just not at a fasting DD level, since he is just after a few pounds of weight loss and doesn't care about the fasting benefits.. at least enough to have to fast for them. :laugh: But his ancestors on both sides all seem to live long, long lives.. even to over 100 years, so he'll take his chances. LOL

I will have a bit higher DDs while he does this with me, which will be nice. Although I'll have to lower my excessive UD calories a bit to remain in maintenance, but I want him to be successful and not become discouraged. Nobody likes to *diet*, and for some reason, my women friends and I all think we are so much more able to withstand the deprivation of it than our husbands are. :laugh: So I know I'll need to baby my DH along with me.

Sunday morning breakfast was modest for us. I had 2 eggs over easy, 1 small slice of toast, buttered lightly, a mug of coffee with 2 T. half & half... 334 calories already. :)

LightlyStarched 01-29-2012 10:02 AM

Up day today:

B: scrambled egg with chorizo
S: little bite of banana nut muffin, 1/2 oz of goose liver (samples!)
L: cheeseburger, few fries, few onion rings, half of a strawberry shake
S: making tamales with the extended family this afternoon - assorted nibbles
D: tamales!

synger 01-29-2012 10:45 AM

DD here.

Coffee until 2 or so.

100 calories of cream cheese or brie to tide me over until dinner, if needed.

Dinner will be pork and broccoli stir fry (over rice for DH).

avecrain 01-29-2012 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by avecrain (Post 15370563)
UD for me, shooting for about 2600 calories if I do sprints this afternoon. Babysitting tonight and really wanting to not get out of hand snacking after the kids go to bed (a problem I have had recently...)

B: overnight oats (oats, greek yogurt, chia seeds, milk) and i'm adding a banana, some protein powder, and a little more milk this morning (660)
L: cottage cheese, blueberries, and almonds (new fave!!) (445)
S: (spread out between meals, i'll bring at least one of these to babysitting) grapefruit, tuna salad (tuna, greek yogurt, old bay, salsa) with ryvita crackers, protein powder scoop and milk (599)
D: grilled cheese with grilled chicken, mushrooms and onions fried in butter, steamed broccoli, kombucha (559)

and i'm saving 300 cals for a sweet treat at babysitting if i don't deviate from this plan!!

total: 2584/2600 (including those 300 cals)

Went to meeting (Quaker church) this morning, forgot that the "snacks" afterward have grown into a full meal, so i had a tiny square of cinnamon roll (not very sweet or frosted), 5 crackers, 2 with bits of cheese lasagna on them, 3 with tuna salad. Finished my overnight oats (sooo filling, need to make a smaller quantity next time) when I got home, and calling that lunch instead of cottage cheese. Also cutting out the tuna and cracker snack.

Current total 2485. Not sure if I am going to do my sprints yet! Meant to do them before lunch but ate at meeting, so maybe in a few hours when my belly empties again.

Bonnie 01-29-2012 10:57 AM

DD :clap:

B: coffee with 1 tsp HWC, then black coffee
L: Atkins Vanilla shake
D: Lettuce & Celery salad with 1/2 pckg Buddig beef, 2 T FF Ranch dressing
S: SF gelatin cup

Per *** < 300 cal, 11 net carbs

Kissa 01-29-2012 11:01 AM

Hope you and your DH have fun working this together. My DH is a skinny thing.

SoHappy 01-29-2012 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kissa (Post 15371153)
Hope you and your DH have fun working this together. My DH is a skinny thing.

This sweet old guy isn't what I would think of as overweight either, but he's always been so fit and built so nicely that I think these couple of extra pounds are weighing on his mind heavily now. LOL He works out at his health club a lot. If he loses a few pounds, that will satisfy him.

Kissa 01-29-2012 11:13 AM

How lucky are we? Mine is just the same. :)

soon 01-29-2012 12:07 PM

Hmmwanted an MD as I went alittle high yesterday and was .5 up this am. Think its going to be an UD

B:1 chorizo taco on a corn tortilla
L:big taco salad
D: strawberry shake, pear, lc cheese on one wasa cracker

catr31 01-29-2012 12:25 PM

UD
2 waffles with butter and syrup
popcorn chicken
popcorn(movies)
chicken fajitas

Kissa 01-29-2012 01:59 PM

MD finished higher that I would have wished at a little under 1,100. Good DD coming tomorrow.

mykidsteacher 01-29-2012 02:24 PM

UD today.

b--1 egg, 1/2 bagel thin with butter and 1/2 tsp homemade grape jelly
l--hamburger patty, fries, ketchup, salad with lettuce, broccoli, cauliflower, ranch dressing and 1 oz of nuts
s--???

itsmeshelly01 01-29-2012 03:34 PM

UD for me woohoo!!!

Breakfast was a packet of oatmeal with raisins and cinnamon and splenda, 2 boiled eggs and some chicken
Lunch was Jack in the Box, shared a chicken salad and a chicken club sandwich with SO, very good!!!!
Dinner will be burritos tonight, 98% fat free tortilla, ground beef with taco seasoning, guacamole, sour cream, salsa, cheese, onions and tomatoes and maybe a few chips
for snacks today i have had too many, 1 mini reeses, about 1/2 oz of nuts, a couple bites of fudge
I made a wonderful afternoon snack of a small pear cut into small pieces, put cinnamon on top, pumpkin pie spice, davincis sf sweetener, nuked in micro for 1.5 min and added 1.5T chopped walnuts and 1/8 cup cottage cheese, yummy

Ill be at about 1900 calories today and a whopping 170 carbs!!! OMG!!!
the scale will not be pretty tomorrow im sure but i have had a great day!!!

Eieio 01-29-2012 03:45 PM

UD for me Thanks to Vicky!
 
B
Cottage cheeses, canned pears sugar free, small banana.
L.
Ring balognie, chaddar cheese, sf pickles, (20 almonds)
Adding to 700 ish.
So dinner, which is ?, leaves me 900 ish calories in the menue.
I'm sure will include popcorn!

SoHappy 01-29-2012 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by itsmeshelly01 (Post 15371826)
UD for me woohoo!!!

Breakfast was a packet of oatmeal with raisins and cinnamon and splenda, 2 boiled eggs and some chicken
Lunch was Jack in the Box, shared a chicken salad and a chicken club sandwich with SO, very good!!!!
Dinner will be burritos tonight, 98% fat free tortilla, ground beef with taco seasoning, guacamole, sour cream, salsa, cheese, onions and tomatoes and maybe a few chips
for snacks today i have had too many, 1 mini reeses, about 1/2 oz of nuts, a couple bites of fudge
I made a wonderful afternoon snack of a small pear cut into small pieces, put cinnamon on top, pumpkin pie spice, davincis sf sweetener, nuked in micro for 1.5 min and added 1.5T chopped walnuts and 1/8 cup cottage cheese, yummy

Ill be at about 1900 calories today and a whopping 170 carbs!!! OMG!!!
the scale will not be pretty tomorrow im sure but i have had a great day!!!

That sounds like a day of fun and tasty food choices. And you know darned well that the calories were where they needed to be, so IF there is any weight gain, it's merely water fluctuation. I'm fond of saying ".. as Mother Nature intended us to function.." but I truly believe that.

It's fun for me to see you relaxing and enjoying the foods in your life, the sharing of food with your SO, and the freedom to include so many nice choices in your diet. Woo Hoo! :)

Sedona 01-29-2012 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeirasMom (Post 15370689)
DD

I haven't been shopping for home for ages, so I'm going to have to go to the grocery store. On a DD! Ha, I do this sometimes and it's really not a problem.

I also had to shop today on a down day. Oddly, I wasn't hungry at all and I hadn't eaten anything until close to 4.


A.M. - Coffee with 1 creamer

Mid-day - 90 calorie blueberry yogurt

Dinner - Salad w/feta, low cal dressing and cooked carrots. I also had a 100 calorie bag of popcorn.

I think I took in just a tad over 300 calories, if that.

sophiethecat 01-29-2012 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sophiethecat (Post 15370488)
FD again.

B
-a cup of coffee

L
-dining out at a big Chinese buffet

Didn't have that cup of coffee this morning. Too ill. Today's FD turned into a DD because I was ill - stomach upset. :( It started last night after I had that lemon/acv/tea I make, and I think it was just way too strong and acidic because my stomach hurt while I lay in bed. I won't be making that drink anymore.

This morning I was so nauseated and just sick, I almost thought I was going to have to miss the family stuff we had planned this afternoon, but I started feeling a bit better just in time.

Was pretty much OK by the time we got to the Chinese buffet, but not all the way OK so I didn't get too adventurous with my food choices or try to eat too much. Had bits of the meat, small serving of noodles, lots of green beans, mandarin oranges, and a few bits of the breaded items. Had a couple very small "peanut brittle" and a fortune cookie.

In fact, I am calling this a DD because what I ate would have covered one dinner plate at home, plus the mandarin oranges and small sweets. It wasn't a lot of food when it's all I ate all day long.

I haven't eaten since then and that was about 2:30 when I finished. Am sipping some decaf coffee at home now.

Not doing my usual weekly schedule, so I'm not out of town tonight, but at home. I will probably have some little something before bed. But I will look forward to a FD tomorrow :)

dasiey 01-29-2012 06:30 PM

dd for me. I had 1cup of cottage cheese with blackberries
baby carrots, celery and lcow cheese wedges.
around 450c


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:26 AM.