Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2012, 03:14 AM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Today I lose my JUDDD partner

Hard day for me today.

My wonderful daughter Vicky, MintQ8, returns to Australia where they have made their home. She has been with me here in the UK since November and has been JUDDDing with me all the way.

Her determination has been wonderful to see and her successes over Christmas, New Year and a weeks holiday in Austria have been inspiring.

I have been maintaining most of this time but without her support it would often have been much more difficult. For instance she is always ahead of me entering the ****** calories and I just have to ask her what to enter for my DD totals. She has also come up with some great DD meal ideas, and prepares them

We now feel that we are seasoned JUDDDers and cannot imagine living any other way. Watch her continue to succeed on her trip into Onderland and beyond. I know all you wonderful people will support her along the way.

One of the joys on LCF is that this is yet another wonderful way to keep in touch with each other.

Safe journey, keep up the good work and check in daily. Love you

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-2012, 03:40 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
My heart goes out to you cindy! Vicky is such a bright positive spirit, and you will miss having her near.
It is wonderful how well she is doing on juddd, and I know she will continue to do well in Australia.
I am sure you will keep in close touch, on here as well as via pc and phone, and I hope you are already planning an Australian visit!

Sending you both big hugs
Jo
X
Joedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 04:31 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: itsmeshelly01
Stats: 260/150/162
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: eating lowcarb since 2005

Lots of hugs!!! You are both doing so well and i know you will keep it up!!!
Its gonna be hard for you not having your daughter there but it will be a good thing for both of you!!!
itsmeshelly01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 04:53 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Alcestis
Stats: 210/160/155 5' 8"
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: December 13th, 2011
You're both wonderful, vibrant people (like mother, like daughter!) and my heart goes out to you. Sending that this won't be too horribly tough - and if it is, we're here for you
Alcestis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 05:19 AM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
I'm so glad you and your daughter were able to spend all that time together and bond even more over your new woe. I wish Vicky safe travels and look forward to her wise, witty posts again when she's settled back home. She is an inspiration the way she took to JUDDD and made it her own - working it around her life so well and taking it all in stride. It seems like you guys have had a great time JUDDDg together and encouraging one another. Glad you both are with us!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 05:46 AM   #6

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
This is sad. I'm sorry. This is such a big world, too large for us to travel often and quickly to those we want to be with very often.

I'm so glad you had such a long and lovely visit this time, and hope you will be able to be together in person for another great visit in the not-too-distant future too.

My own daughters still live in this country, but it's such a large nation that we don't get to visit often in person, so I know how you have treasured this visit.

It's going to be wonderful for the rest of us, having both of you still here.. It's been a lot of fun for us to get to know you, and then to get to know Vicky too, and I know how great it's going to be for us to continue to cheer Vicky on in her weight loss journey until she joins you in maintenance as well.

Hugs to you both! Safe journey, Vicky! We'll look forward to you checking in here when you get a chance!

Last edited by SoHappy; 01-29-2012 at 05:48 AM..
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 06:44 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vilanteira
Stats: in maintenance
WOE: juddd/lower carb
Start Date: low carb: 2008, juddd: 10/24/11
Hugs to you Cindy. I can sympathize with having loved ones living abroad and not close by. We try to keep in touch as often as possible through the phone, video chatting, online chatting even until the next time there are visits and we can hug them in person. I'm so glad you and Vicky have JUDDD to share as your woe and I know you both will continue to be successful in this.
vilanteira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 06:50 AM   #8

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!

I know you'll miss her but you will both continue to inspire each other and all of us with how well you're doing. It's hard to be away from those we love, but oh so much easier with modern conveniences like skype, etc. Plus, you'll be getting her fresh perspective on all the changes at "home" as she'll get yours. Sad, but fun, all at the same time.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 08:40 AM   #9

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Thanks everyone for your support.

We are good at this, having been expats of one sort or another all our lives. The partings are hard but we soon settle down, and things are so much easier now with Skype and the internet etc.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 01:21 PM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: Maintaining ±4 lbs.
Aah Cindy,

I can so relate to having your daughter so close by, and then having to return home to her life.

As was mentioned above, though, Skype is a wonderful medium to connect and see how each of you is doing, and in doing so, it sort of fills the void.

to you!!!
sazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 05:20 PM   #11
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: dasiey
dasiey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 06:07 PM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: theredhead
Stats: 229/147/145
WOE: Atkins/hCG/maintaining EASILY with JUDDD
Start Date: 09/04/03
Yay for Skype! It's wonderful that although she'll be far away, you'll still be able to "see" and talk to Vicki. She HAS been a wonderful inspiration, not just for you, but for all of JUDDD BUDDDs. Safe travels, Vicki!
theredhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 03:58 AM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)

My family is scattered all over the globe. I know the feeling of coming together then returning to separate lives.

I am so glad you had such a life-changing, bonding experience with JUDDD this visit!!!! Hugs!
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote