Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2012, 12:32 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Davian
Stats: 245 / 142 now - rather 135
WOE: Keto
Start Date: 02/24/04
Feeling Faint

Today is my 9th DD (not in a row LOL) but I'm feeling very odd and I nearly fainted at the store. I'm not particularly hungry and I'm several hours from 'dinner' - I'm not diabetic and not sure what I should do. It's not going way - been nearly an hour and half like this now.
Davian is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-27-2012, 12:33 PM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
I'd say drink a little juice and see how you feel. Even if you're not diabetic, you could still have low blood sugar. If the feeling doesn't pass, see a doctor.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 12:34 PM   #3
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davian View Post
Today is my 9th DD (not in a row LOL) but I'm feeling very odd and I nearly fainted at the store. I'm not particularly hungry and I'm several hours from 'dinner' - I'm not diabetic and not sure what I should do. It's not going way - been nearly an hour and half like this now.
Eat something!! I start my DDs eating late, but then I eat something, usually small, every 3 hours after the first food/meal I have because I, too feel faint if I don't eat at regular times during the day. I'm not the kind who is able to eat just one big meal and maybe this is the way you are, too.

Have something small, and see how you feel.
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 01:15 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: moonmirror
Stats: 211/193.4/150
Start Date: 12/08/14
I'd say eat protein/veg, not juice.

My DD's are low-carbohydrate partly for this reason.

On days that I get that feeling I immediately eat two eggs.

Hope that helps.
moonmirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 01:18 PM   #5

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
If it's low blood sugar, juice, or jelly beans, or something similar will alleviate the feeling of faintness faster than protein. If it doesn't take away that feeling, then there's most likely something else going on.

Protein is best for maintaining blood sugar, if I understand correctly.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 01:18 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sedona
Stats: 228/189/155 (5'7")
WOE: Mod Carb / JUDDD
Start Date: 12/26/2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonmirror View Post
I'd say eat protein/veg, not juice.

My DD's are low-carbohydrate partly for this reason.

On days that I get that feeling I immediately eat two eggs.

Hope that helps.
Odd you mention this.... because I started eating small eggs on my down days. They are less than 60 calories each, and I find they hold me over well.

I do hope you feel better, Dav.
Sedona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 01:24 PM   #7

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
I'm with those who offer the suggestion to eat a little. You've been doing very well, and I know you don't want to *go over* but a bit now to make this lightheadedness pass will be a good idea.

One of the health benefits found to happen for us with fasting is a reduction of blood pressure AND a reduction of blood sugar levels. And we eventually get some of this just from our hours in the fasted state from JUDDD. So while this is a wonderful health benefit overall, either can make you woozy if it falls a bit more than you're accustomed to.
Old 01-27-2012, 01:27 PM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: moonmirror
Stats: 211/193.4/150
Start Date: 12/08/14
I remember on low carb getting such good appetite suppression that the ONLY way I knew I needed food was feeling dizzy!

Its probably the same thing the morning of your UD, you're living on fat stores.
moonmirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 01:38 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

I had a small container of yogurt (100 cals.) and am going to go lie down awhile. Don't think there's anything wrong per se but my body is really having a real time of it today. I'm flush, lightheaded, hands are cold....I've been doing Lower carb UD's because it helped me from having weird carb feelings on DD's but today it feels like I lived on donuts yesterday and now nothing - feel like I need a carb like crazy. Hope it passes soon and BTW thank you everyone!
Old 01-27-2012, 04:23 PM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Eieio
Stats: 155/140/130 (130)
WOE: Atkin, JUDDD
Start Date: Dec-10
Interesting Davian. I lo wa ligh headed, spiny like hn gettin up. This is my up day all day, Friday. I actually said out loud. Feels like my bp is low! I didn't take by Bp. instead ate two pieces of cooked bacon hiding in the frig. Took awhile for I to go away... Pat I no thats what was going on. My blood pressure was extra low. Mine normally is 100/60. Pat thanks.
Davina, Stay off ladders. I did today. Aren't our body's smart?
Eieio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 06:52 PM   #11
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: dasiey
I was like this a couple weeks ago and it turned
out I was just under the weather it lasteds just a
few days and then it went away. I really did not
change any thing.
dasiey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 09:44 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member

I'm to try this one more week and then see what happens. After 2 1/2 weeks, I haven't lost any weight yet. Of course, I didn't lose any weight eating LC from 12/26 to the start of JUDDD either. Scale just isn't moving and clothes fit the same.
Old 01-28-2012, 12:22 PM   #13
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Hi Davian, hope you are feeling better!!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 12:29 PM   #14

Quote:
I'm to try this one more week and then see what happens. After 2 1/2 weeks, I haven't lost any weight yet. Of course, I didn't lose any weight eating LC from 12/26 to the start of JUDDD either. Scale just isn't moving and clothes fit the same.
I don't know/remember what your UD and DD calorie numbers are, or whether you count calories or do Free Days, but it sounds like you're in perfect maintenance. Is that your intent?

Hope you are feeling a whole lot better today!
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 12:48 PM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Hi Pat

I had been doing 3 DD's and 2 UD w/ a MD in there in btwn. My DD's were around 400 to 500 cals. and my UD's around 1500 to 1600 this week. Still no loss. If I just eat higher protein cereal for BF, then yogurt/apple at lunch, Meat, salad, veggie for Dinner and Low sugar serving of ice cream for dinner - I can comfortably maintain without any DD's. I'm trying to get to 132 which was the weight I held all year - I popped up 4 lbs in April and 4 lbs in May while on a medication - after I was off of it the weight remained and I've been loathe to get rid of it already. I dieted off/on all summer, took a break from Oct to Dec then started again 12/26 but still not budging. I chart my daily weight and both times I gained 1 lb a day for 4 days in April then again 4 days in May - Hubby says it's water weight - no way I gained a pound a day of fat but even if it's just water - it just won't go away!
Old 01-28-2012, 12:56 PM   #16
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Hi Pat

I had been doing 3 DD's and 2 UD w/ a MD in there in btwn. My DD's were around 400 to 500 cals. and my UD's around 1500 to 1600 this week. Still no loss. If I just eat higher protein cereal for BF, then yogurt/apple at lunch, Meat, salad, veggie for Dinner and Low sugar serving of ice cream for dinner - I can comfortably maintain without any DD's. I'm trying to get to 132 which was the weight I held all year - I popped up 4 lbs in April and 4 lbs in May while on a medication - after I was off of it the weight remained and I've been loathe to get rid of it already. I dieted off/on all summer, took a break from Oct to Dec then started again 12/26 but still not budging. I chart my daily weight and both times I gained 1 lb a day for 4 days in April then again 4 days in May - Hubby says it's water weight - no way I gained a pound a day of fat but even if it's just water - it just won't go away!
I'm curious about how tall you are, Davian?
Old 01-28-2012, 01:05 PM   #17
Senior LCF Member

I'm 5'6 and 42.
Old 01-28-2012, 01:05 PM   #18
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: julietcc
Stats: JUDDD - 118.6/112/112-115 highest weight 194 5'4"
WOE: Atkins, then JUDDD
Start Date: Started JUDDD 10/26/11
Do you happen to have low blood pressure? i do and I used to faint every couple of years I try to make sure I'm getting enough salt and staying hydrated. I agree that you should eat something when you feel this way!
julietcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 01:06 PM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Hi Julie - yes, I do have low blood pressure usually 90/60.
Old 01-28-2012, 01:07 PM   #20
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Hi Julie - yes, I do have low blood pressure usually 90/60.
My doctor recommended to use plenty of table salt and to drink more water. Maybe give that a try. Every time I actually, fainted, I was dehydrated.
Old 01-28-2012, 01:09 PM   #21
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vilanteira
Stats: in maintenance
WOE: juddd/low carb
Start Date: low carb: 2008, juddd: 10/24/11
I was gonna suggest low blood pressure because I also have low blood pressure. I'm not sure if that's what's happening with you, but for me, I'll have a bit of V8 or maybe a pickle on DDs when I get that dizzy feeling and it takes care of the problem.
vilanteira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 01:14 PM   #22
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

A chicken bouillon cube in hot water would do the trick, too - for only 5 calories!
Old 01-28-2012, 01:34 PM   #23

Quote:
Hi Pat

You may just need some *healing* time. Strange but true, some of us can come to JUDDD almost unable to lose weight, for example, having stayed both low carb and low calories previously and not losing anything by doing even that. But after JUDDDing for a bit, we seem to have some *fixing* of what is broken somehow.. don't quite know what goes on, but can then begin to lose weight normally. And maybe slowly, but at least weight loss happening.

You say you did 1500-1600 this week. So were you higher than that previous weeks? Or lower? Your UD number comes in at about 1650, so it's most often helpful to not exceed that number, but to also be eating up to that number. The spread between UD and DD calories can help many of us stimulate better metabolic function, but eating too far over or too far under seems to negate this gift too.

I can only offer the suggestion of truly measuring your foods and portions, figuring your calories on those portions, and not exceeding your UD calorie ceiling, but trying to eat up to the UD ceiling number. And holding DDs to 500 calories or fewer.

I'm hopeful for you, that just sticking with it and holding to the numbers will do the trick for you. Hang in there. As long as we have to be eating daily, and will most likely be on some plan as opposed to just eating willy-nilly throughout our days, this is a better plan to be on than most.
Old 01-30-2012, 12:45 PM   #24
Senior LCF Member

I was a touch lower on the UP days after reading your posts and I was very careful to stay right at 500 on DD's. This is week 3 for me and I began at 140.6 and today is a DD and I'm 141.6 so I'm going the wrong way. This is so tough because I've done pretty much everything else to no avail and I have to admit you guys who do this with ease - I'm jealous. These DD's are hard - my hands register about zero degrees and I'm really having trouble starving. I don't give in b/c it's such a hard fought day but it's getting me down that I can't move the scale at all. I even increased my water intake to help 'flush' things. Next week I have to fast for 3 days - going into the hospital - maybe that'll help shake things up. Really at a loss as to why I can't make the scale budge.
Old 01-30-2012, 12:54 PM   #25
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I was a touch lower on the UP days after reading your posts and I was very careful to stay right at 500 on DD's. This is week 3 for me and I began at 140.6 and today is a DD and I'm 141.6 so I'm going the wrong way. This is so tough because I've done pretty much everything else to no avail and I have to admit you guys who do this with ease - I'm jealous. These DD's are hard - my hands register about zero degrees and I'm really having trouble starving. I don't give in b/c it's such a hard fought day but it's getting me down that I can't move the scale at all. I even increased my water intake to help 'flush' things. Next week I have to fast for 3 days - going into the hospital - maybe that'll help shake things up. Really at a loss as to why I can't make the scale budge.
Hi Davian, sorry you haven't seen a loss yet. I somehow overlooked your post with your height Anyway, if it's some help to you, I am the same height and lost on 1700 to 1800 calorie UDs. If I ate between those numbers, I lost. I wouldn't have wanted to go lower if I didn't have to, because we want to rev up our metabolisms and keep them running on as high of calories as we can, not too high, but not too low either.

My DDs were 500 - 650, along in there. It's NOT one size-fits-all, and I don't mean to confuse you, and I hope I'm not, but think about increasing your UD calories just a little more, to 1700-1800, and try that. I have a feeling you are not quite nourished enough on UDs to get your body comfortable about dropping fat stores and helping you get through the DD with less discomfort.
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!
Old 01-30-2012, 02:31 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiethecat View Post
Hi Davian, sorry you haven't seen a loss yet. I somehow overlooked your post with your height Anyway, if it's some help to you, I am the same height and lost on 1700 to 1800 calorie UDs. If I ate between those numbers, I lost. I wouldn't have wanted to go lower if I didn't have to, because we want to rev up our metabolisms and keep them running on as high of calories as we can, not too high, but not too low either.

My DDs were 500 - 650, along in there. It's NOT one size-fits-all, and I don't mean to confuse you, and I hope I'm not, but think about increasing your UD calories just a little more, to 1700-1800, and try that. I have a feeling you are not quite nourished enough on UDs to get your body comfortable about dropping fat stores and helping you get through the DD with less discomfort.
Did you run her stats, SophietheCat? I think they come out to about 1650 or so on her UDs. She was up doing the 1700-1800 previously, and not losing, which is why we recommended her using the JUDDD Calorie Calculator, and based on her stats, age, etc. that said her Normal Daily Calories should be about 1650. But that was only 6 days ago that we did this re-figuring.

I think you, Davian, are just going to need to do JUDDD for awhile to allow for it to sort of *heal* your metabolism and get you functioning right again. I know that isn't what you want to hear, but from the things you have posted previously, ongoing 600-cal per day fasts, great difficulty losing weight after babies, etc. I think you do have a damaged metabolism, and hopefully this can help that for you.. if you stick with it long enough for it to help.

You said you were very good at measuring portions and logging calories, so it sounds like you are actually *doing it* when it comes to the question which always begs to be answered... *Are you actually "doing" JUDDD?* and it seems if your are doing the above, you are.

So that takes us to the part of, *You are doing what you're supposed to be doing. Now you have to just wait for your body to be able to respond* and that's what you wait for now. Have other diets done any better for you? At least this one heals you while you patiently wait for the time when weight loss will start in.

You have another week until you start preparing for surgery anyway. Let's see how you fair in this next week.
Old 01-30-2012, 02:46 PM   #27
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
Did you run her stats, SophietheCat? I think they come out to about 1650 or so on her UDs. She was up doing the 1700-1800 previously, and not losing, which is why we recommended her using the JUDDD Calorie Calculator, and based on her stats, age, etc. that said her Normal Daily Calories should be about 1650. But that was only 6 days ago that we did this re-figuring.
Now I must have myself confused, lol. I didn't realize her calories had been adjusted, and so recently, sorry!! You two have this worked on already, so I will bow out and let you continue before I cause anymore confusion.
Old 01-30-2012, 03:12 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiethecat View Post
Now I must have myself confused, lol. I didn't realize her calories had been adjusted, and so recently, sorry!! You two have this worked on already, so I will bow out and let you continue before I cause anymore confusion.
No, I think everyone has helpful ideas and suggestions.. just didn't know if you were aware of her figures being run just a few days ago, and her having been above that calorie number for awhile, so still pretty early to come to any conclusions yet.

There are so many new faces coming here so fast these days, that it's harder to keep up with everybody, that's for sure! But I just hate to fiddle around with the numbers and the spread, particularly the UD number, until it's been adhered to for awhile and it becomes obvious that it is wrong.

Plus, lots of us come here with baggage and previous metabolic damage which makes our weight loss slower than that of some of the lucky others. LOL So then we have to have more patience until we have done JUDDD for awhile and our body sort of gets with the program.. and finally will be willing to lose weight.

I'm pretty sure weight loss will kick in. It's just irksome to even have to wait for it to get going!!!!!
Old 01-31-2012, 12:41 PM   #29
Senior LCF Member

I'm still sticking with it - I have had no luck getting the scale to budge in 8 months doing anything. I've done low calorie and low carb and someone is main forum suggested I try JUDDD and it seemed to make a lot of sense. I will try keeping at 1600 to 1650 - see what happens this week. Next week I'll have DD's on Monday, Tuesday AND Wednesday and possibly Thursday (going to hospital and I have to fast awhile). As soon as I can eat, I'll try to eat just evenly not too up or down. Then get back to UD and DD cycles - just see if the scale will move. I have good discipline and patience and I can't tell you how helpful you guys are - I'm mean it's humbling. Good spirit amongst this group :-) I so want to lose just to make your hard work pay off!
Old 01-31-2012, 05:31 PM   #30
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Those DD symptoms seem extreme. Once you are done with the fasting and the hospital, if things don't settle down, please let us know. Maybe we can skull out what is not clicking.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote