Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2012, 04:32 PM   #31
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Eieio
Stats: 155/140/130 (130)
WOE: Atkin, JUDDD
Start Date: Dec-10
Wait a minute.
Davian, u typed ur DDs are Monday, Tuesday, Weds!
Is that just mistake in typing, and ur really every other day with dd's?
Ei
Eieio is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2012, 05:06 PM   #32
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
I'm surprised no one has mentioned your MD thrown in there. I am a believer that JUDDD should be done, as suggested, for at least 2 weeks and even better, more time than that, before we thrown in a MD or FD. It is just my way of thinking that any plan, be it JUDDD or otherwise, needs a chance to start to work, in conjunction with our bodies getting use to said plan.

I am wondering if you did straight UDs/DDs with no MDs in there if your weight wouldn't start moving in the direction we all hope for; downward?

Just an idea and opinion, nothing more.

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 01:02 AM   #33
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Ei, I think Davian is fasting for three days next week before having medical tests.

Davian, are these standard tests? Physical stress can certainly futz up how our bodies process food.

Anyway, a fast that long should throw you right through stress response and into metabolic slowdown. I suspect that will enhance the effect of the UD/DD rotation. I think your plan for eating after the fast is excellent. But, for heaven's sake, given your response to DD, be very careful during the fast!!!
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 06:09 AM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Davian
Stats: 245 / 142 now - rather 135
WOE: Maintenance plus.....
Start Date: 02/24/04
I am sorry about the MD in there. Initially, I thought it would be ok because I only need to lose 6 to 7 lbs and with a 3 and 9 yr old it's hard to not eat on a weekend day. To combat that problem, I was just really taking it easy - I'd eat w/ family for breakfast and then a yogurt at lunch then super small dinner portion but I'd still be eating w/ them. I'd follow it with a strict DD UD week.

Regarding next week.....I'm having a pyeloplasty done of my right kidney. I must eat like a DD on Sunday and Monday then Fast Tuesday and Wednesday. My system will need to be completely cleaned out and because i've got so much damage to my ureter they will do an incision in my right ribs to get direct access to the kidney. Meanwhile, yesterday I went for the pre admission physical - it turns out I have a hernia right where they will be working so perhaps they can fix that too or I'll need to see another surgeon for that next.

Hopefully that clear it up. I'm thinking I won't have much appetite Thursday but I don't want to linger too long without eating. Pat was doing a great job explaining things and I'm thinking too many days of barely eating is going to do more harm than good.
Old 02-18-2012, 02:14 PM   #35
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Davian
Stats: 245 / 142 now - rather 135
WOE: Maintenance plus.....
Start Date: 02/24/04
To those who followed this thread, I felt compelled to give some closure. I went into the hospital on 2/8 and I was released yesterday 2/17. I was supposed to Fast all day Tuesday and the procedure to repair my ureter was on Wednesday - I was to come home NO later than Saturday 2/10.

What happened: I went into surgery on 2/8 and they failed - I lost my right kidney after a hard fought 2 year battle to save it. Instead of coming home in 2 or 3 days, I was there 10 days and could've stayed longer still. I ate my last food at 5 PM on Monday 2/6 and ate my first food on Wednesday 2/15. Can you stand it - I'm 140.4 - it's so incredibly ridiculous that I cannot wrap my brain around it - seriously, I should be shocked at the loss of my kidney and instead I'm still focused on the fact that I am incapable of moving the scale. This has to take homeostasis to a whole new level. If I can't lose weight through this extreme circumstance what possible chance do I have......

My body is ravaged by the surgery and starvation so I can't continue JUDDD but I will continue lower carb - more South Beach. I will miss this group - you were amazing and those who encounter you all are truly blessed. Thank you.
Davian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 02:20 PM   #36
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Davian what a nightmare you have been through.

Just concentrate on healing yourself for the time being. Please pop in to the JUDDD boards often to keep us up to date and, as soon as you feel able, do consider giving JUDDD another go.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 02:26 PM   #37
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Eieio
Stats: 155/140/130 (130)
WOE: Atkin, JUDDD
Start Date: Dec-10
Goodness what an ordeal u've gone through.
I'm sure ur body is full of IV liquids. U've gone through major stress.
Hope u recover fast and please keep posting.
Once a Bud always a budd! Rest and relax. Good thoughts for you.
Ei
Eieio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 03:45 PM   #38
WWC
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: WWC
Stats: size 14/size 14/size 10
WOE: high protein/lowcarb/JUDDD
Start Date: recommitted 1/12
Hugs to you! What an ordeal you've been through! Right now you need to concentrate on allowing your body to heal. Good protein is essential for that. I would not look at the scale for a time (perhaps even a couple of weeks.) The IVs and meds you have been on will give you false information on your weight. I'm sending you good thoughts for quick healing.
WWC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 01:52 AM   #39
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Thank you for telling us what happened. I am horrified this turned into such a nightmare! If you didn't lose weight during that ordeal, your body is doing some serious hoarding.

Concentrate on getting better. When you are healthier, I truly hope your body will be able to release those last pounds. And, whatever woe you chose - as Ei says, once a bud always a buddd! Visit us anytime!
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote