Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   New to JUDDD and a quick question.. (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/755224-new-juddd-quick-question.html)

catr31 01-27-2012 12:17 PM

New to JUDDD and a quick question..

Today is my first DD and my boss decided to buy us pizza for lunch. There are only 4 of us in the office today so I want to be able to eat with them and enjoy my time. Do you think 1 piece of pizza and then fasting the rest of the day will work for a DD or do you think I should just start tomorrow?

BTW- not eating the pizza is not an option, I already said I would.

Beeb 01-27-2012 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catr31 (Post 15366708)
Today is my first DD and my boss decided to buy us pizza for lunch. There are only 4 of us in the office today so I want to be able to eat with them and enjoy my time. Do you think 1 piece of pizza and then fasting the rest of the day will work for a DD or do you think I should just start tomorrow?

BTW- not eating the pizza is not an option, I already said I would.

I would make today a good UD and enjoy that pizza slice, maybe 2, and then start tomorrow with your first DD. ;)

catr31 01-27-2012 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beeb (Post 15366713)
I would make today a good UD and enjoy that pizza slice, maybe 2, and then start tomorrow with your first DD. ;)

This is what I will probably do but I'm just in a hurry to get things started.

catr31 01-27-2012 12:32 PM

Another question.. Do we have to do shakes for the first couple of weeks on our DD? I hate prepared diet shakes and would rather not have them. I am also very burnt out on LC so I don't want to do that either.

This was what I was going to eat for my first DD:
B- Cream of Wheat(120)
L- yogurt and baby carrots(145)
D- Light soup(120)
S- s/f jello and/or s/f popcicle(25)

Total calories 410.
My target calories is 437 for DDs.

KeirasMom 01-27-2012 12:35 PM

You don't have to do shakes (very few of us ever did them and we're doing just great). You're menu looks good if you can stay satisfied with that little protein. I personally need some meat on DDs.

sophiethecat 01-27-2012 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catr31 (Post 15366751)
Another question.. Do we have to do shakes for the first couple of weeks on our DD? I hate prepared diet shakes and would rather not have them. I am also very burnt out on LC so I don't want to do that either.

No, most of us did not do the shakes.

:welcome: to JUDDD :)

Enjoy that pizza! :jumpjoy:

Beeb 01-27-2012 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catr31 (Post 15366751)

This was what I was going to eat for my first DD:
B- Cream of Wheat(120)
L- yogurt and baby carrots(145)
D- Light soup(120)
S- s/f jello and/or s/f popcicle(25)

Total calories 410.
My target calories is 437 for DDs.

Many of us have never done shakes. It is suggested on the JUDDD site, but most of us like food, chewy food, and find drinking our calories just doesn't do it for us. I think your menu looks great, but if you are finding you are still very hungry you can up your protein a bit next time. That seems to help with the "I'm full" feeling we all want to have, especially on DDs. And remember, those first DDs can be rough, but it does get easier and easier, I swear!! ;):up::clap:

OH.......:welcome: to our JUDDD Family!!

catr31 01-27-2012 01:01 PM

Thank you! I've been reading and reading this board and decided to give it a go. I want to lose 10-15 lbs and hoping I can get it done. I am really sick of dieting so I'm hoping the alternating days works for me.

If I find I need more protein, I will switch out the Cream of Wheat for an egg.

fleur 01-27-2012 01:17 PM

Hi, Cathy,

I'm about a week and a half into induction, and I'm loving it!!! I measured my waist a couple of days ago, and it was down a 1/2" yesterday, and again another 1/2" today! I credit some of that to the fact that I'd just finished TOM when I measured, but still. I can even see the improvement in the mirror. I can now wear a top that I'd been making sure I had a cardigan over because it used to look bad without one. Yoohoo!!!!!!!!!!!:jumpjoy:

I got around to looking at the DD recipe thread and it is awesome. It made me realize that by making different food choices, I can feel like I'm getting a lot more to eat. The shiratake noodles (no cals, no carbs) are a great thing. I need to get back to the Asian supermarket near here to buy some more. I am also going to try the light laughing cow cheese. I planned my start day with what social occasions were coming up, and managed to have 2 important ones fall on UD's:sing:

Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!! Be sure and let us know how it goes:hugs:

MintQ8 01-27-2012 02:08 PM

Yep - I'ld make it a great UD - and have a good DD tomorrow!!