Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2012, 10:54 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jessreadytolose
Stats: 168/162/135
WOE: Gluten Free/Clean eating
Start Date: JUDDD 1/2/13
Some help with my calorie numbers, Please :-)

Can I ask some of our resident JUDDD Superstars (Pat, Beeb,etc.) to help me with my numbers? I have been kind of winging it and bouncing between 149 and 151 lbs. on UP and Down days.

Sex: Female
Weight (today): 149
Height: 65 inches
Activity level: Moderate (3-4 days of Yoga classes, 2-3 days of high intensity interval training)

Thanks a bunch in advance. Just to keep in mind, I have yet to do a real 500 calorie Down day, they are more like 6-700, I just get too hungry, I am sure that would help me out for sure.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-27-2012, 11:09 AM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessreadytolose View Post
Can I ask some of our resident JUDDD Superstars (Pat, Beeb,etc.) to help me with my numbers? I have been kind of winging it and bouncing between 149 and 151 lbs. on UP and Down days.

Sex: Female
Weight (today): 149
Height: 65 inches
Activity level: Moderate (3-4 days of Yoga classes, 2-3 days of high intensity interval training)

Thanks a bunch in advance. Just to keep in mind, I have yet to do a real 500 calorie Down day, they are more like 6-700, I just get too hungry, I am sure that would help me out for sure.
Honestly, I think everyone hates the thought of really actually counting calories. And it's not even that as much as... that requires really actually weighing and measuring out our food. Else.. if the measure isn't exactly accurate, how can we truly rely on the resulting calorie count anyway?

So we eyeball and we guesstimate, and if we're fairly close we can usually get some weight loss to happen, albeit slowly, but if we're off very much at all, the JUDDD magic which results from really good calorie ceilings, being respected really well, just sort of sits there instead, and fizzles.

So according to your stats, your UD calorie number comes to 1739 calories. So.. say 1740 or 1750. But pretty close. And if you can only hold DDs to 600 calories or so, that's a place to start. Are you truly measuring your portions and counting numbers? Is that 600 calorie DD number actually correct? Or could it be off too, and even higher? (I don't know exactly what you mean by it when you said you were just winging it?)

Over all, those who do the work of measuring food and counting calories, of planning their menus out ahead of time and of allotting so many cals per meal, etc. are the ones who just do amazingly well on JUDDD. They melt before our very eyes.

But if you don't put in that work, your results may not be what they should be, and could be. Or you start off pretty well and then get lazy and the results turn sluggish.

Hope that calorie number will get you where you want to be. Because after that, you will be both as slim as you wish to be, AND you will then be able to eat more, since the weight loss mode will be over with and you will be into maintenance. Oh, and more freedom to just guesstimate and get away with it. LOL Good luck!

Last edited by SoHappy; 01-27-2012 at 11:12 AM..
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 11:23 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jessreadytolose
Stats: 168/162/135
WOE: Gluten Free/Clean eating
Start Date: JUDDD 1/2/13
Thanks so much Pat, I have been pretty good at measuring and counting, but my days were more like 6-700 down days, and 1500-2000 Up days, that's really what I meant by "winging it". I guess I was just trying to figure out my own calorie numbers unsuccessfully. I am not very mathematical, so I really needed someone to figure out my numbers for me correctly, so Thanks a bunch, I appreciate it greatly. I will shoot for 1750/600 for the next few weeks faithfully. We are so lucky to have you here, you are a wealth of knowledge!!!
jessreadytolose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 11:28 AM   #4
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: LC..My "Don't Have To Think Because It's Simple"!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
Honestly, I think everyone hates the thought of really actually counting calories. And it's not even that as much as... that requires really actually weighing and measuring out our food. Else.. if the measure isn't exactly accurate, how can we truly rely on the resulting calorie count anyway?

So we eyeball and we guesstimate, and if we're fairly close we can usually get some weight loss to happen, albeit slowly, but if we're off very much at all, the JUDDD magic which results from really good calorie ceilings, being respected really well, just sort of sits there instead, and fizzles.

So according to your stats, your UD calorie number comes to 1739 calories. So.. say 1740 or 1750. But pretty close. And if you can only hold DDs to 600 calories or so, that's a place to start.
Are you truly measuring your portions and counting numbers? Is that 600 calorie DD number actually correct? Or could it be off too, and even higher? (I don't know exactly what you mean by it when you said you were just winging it?)

Over all, those who do the work of measuring food and counting calories, of planning their menus out ahead of time and of allotting so many cals per meal, etc. are the ones who just do amazingly well on JUDDD. They melt before our very eyes.

But if you don't put in that work, your results may not be what they should be, and could be. Or you start off pretty well and then get lazy and the results turn sluggish.

Hope that calorie number will get you where you want to be. Because after that, you will be both as slim as you wish to be, AND you will then be able to eat more, since the weight loss mode will be over with and you will be into maintenance. Oh, and more freedom to just guesstimate and get away with it. LOL Good luck!
The parts in bold are just the advice I would give. I would do 600 calorie DDs and eat up to your UD calorie ceiling, at least for the first 3 weeks or so to give your body a chance to get use to UDs and DDs. I know for me that if I don't eat up to my ceiling I am always so hungry on my DDs, but when I eat close to or right up to the UD calories my DDs are a breeze!

And yes, count and measure. Sure it's a pain at times but until you get to "know" what is good to eat on a DD for the best calorie buck for yourself this is a good idea to do. After awhile you will just be able to pick lower calorie foods for you DDs and it gets easier. PLUS, the appetite suppression on DDs needs a bit of time to kick in. It started for me after my 3rd week of JUDDDing.

HTH and I'm for you to find a good fit on JUDDD!

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote