Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2012, 08:15 AM   #1
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: lil miss
WOE: LCMW
Start Date: 1/1/13
Owning Up, any advice?

So...It hasnt been the best week, nothing bad thank goodness, just regular life stressors and events...

DD have always [on third week here] been >500 cals.

Well, one day this week had a DD of 600! Scared me.

Yesterday was an UD and I went over

I am so scared for my weigh in tomorrow for week 3. I weighed after my 600 DD and I was .6 over last week's low.

Also, I put on a blouse that I hoped would feel looser and it didnt.

Week one I lost 2.8
Week 2 I lost 3

I am scared I wont lose anything this week, and I OWN it was not the perfect JUDDD week but I really, really dont want to lose my motivation...

Not sure why I am posting, just need reassurance... I guess..

Sponsored Links
Old 01-27-2012, 08:19 AM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
I think it'll be fine. The worst that can happen is you gain a tiny bit, then you lose it next week.

My third week I gained 0.8 lbs. Ever since, the loss has been steady, so don't lose hope. Who knows, you may even have a very nice loss at your weigh-in anyway!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 08:23 AM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Hey lil Miss

600 calorie DD is good! And we all have gone over on UDs. JUDDD is very forgiving. Anyway, those days are now in your past and will be lost in a blur of good UD/DD rotations.

Your weight losses are GREAT. You will continue to lose. So glad you posted here and let us know how you feel.
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 08:27 AM   #4
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks you guys

Sorry to be so "needy," Just super burned out with thinking of dieting all the time [pre JUDDD] and have been so happy the last 2 weeks and don't want to have sabotaged myself and then lose motivation.

I appreciate this board SO much. Everyone is so supportive!
lil miss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 08:39 AM   #5

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
I think you are going to be fine.

The ideal is that we do perfect days at the exact number of calories we are to hold to, and we know they are exact and correct because we weigh and measure every morsel that goes into our mouths, and the weight just melts off of us!

What happens in truth is that we are sometimes a bit slack in measuring our foods out and eyeball the portions instead, so what is truly happening is that we may or may not really be even in the ball park. And we're lax about sticking to the number of calories we are to adhere to in the first place and instead go overboard sometimes...

But often we still lose weight. Maybe not as fast as we would if we were actually doing JUDDD exactly and accurately. But for many folks it still gives them some weight loss.

Now if they can just *wing it* and still lose weight, you should be able to expect weight loss if you are doing better on measuring food and sticking to calories than they are.

And if you aren't measuring/counting, etc. and don't get any weight loss, or pretty sluggish weight loss, you can just tighten up in that one area and probably be off and running again promptly.

But I'll bet you'll see some more weight loss when weigh-in time comes. Good luck!
Old 01-27-2012, 09:13 AM   #6
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Just a big for you and telling you, like the other posters did, not to stress. JUDDD forgives!!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 10:12 AM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
JUDDD is just taking some time establishing it's magic in you. Nothing you did is going to sabotage that. In fact, those numbers don't even put you in the running for the crazy JUDDD newbie award. Be patient. There is healing going on inside you right now. It usually does not take long, and it is a very good thing.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 10:49 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
(((hugs))) Don't be too hard on yourself. Anytime we try new things, we can expect a learning curve.

I think it would be more demotivating to do everything right and see a gain. IF there is a small gain, at least you know what to do to tighten it up. And if you maintain, then you have a picture of what maintenance might look like. But if you have a loss-well wouldn't that be fabulous?

Looking forward to your weigh in post.
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 07:40 AM   #9
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks again everyone, such good advice here!

I am up .4 from last weeks low. BUT as you said, at least I know what to do so I refuse to lose motivation! I am already planning every meal for next week and we are committed to not eating out as much as we did this last week!

DH lost .2 and was disappointed so I need to keep him on the straight and narrow and keep his motivation going!

Maybe with good losses the first 2 weeks, my body is just readjusting...In the meantime, no dinners out, and I am weighing and measuring and portioning...
Old 01-28-2012, 04:19 PM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: itsmeshelly01
Stats: 260/150/162
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: eating lowcarb since 2005
You sound like me...lol
Im struggling with the same thing. I keep bouncing around the same 5 pounds and its frustrating but im happier on juddd than on eating plan I have ever been on so im not giving up and you can't either. I feel better than ever even though im not losing like some people. Im much happier and I know you are to. Stock with it with me. We will get there.
itsmeshelly01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 04:26 PM   #11
Big Yapper!!!!

Aww, thanks Shelly!
Old 01-28-2012, 05:06 PM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pjsam1156
WOE: JUDDD for life, baby!!
Start Date: Feb 2009; RESTART: Nov. 2011 as EX-LCer
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmeshelly01 View Post
You sound like me...lol
Im struggling with the same thing. I keep bouncing around the same 5 pounds and its frustrating but im happier on juddd than on eating plan I have ever been on so im not giving up and you can't either. I feel better than ever even though im not losing like some people. Im much happier and I know you are to. Stock with it with me. We will get there.
Both of you are making me feel sooooo much better. I have had a very hard time sticking to my UD cals--my DDs are fine: 500-600 tops. So, I've only lost 2 lbs. in January!!! I had lost 10 lbs. from Nov-Dec.
But, I know much of this is my own fault, and I'm trying to stay motivated as well. I will not give up--this WOE is so healthy, besides being a good way to lose/maintain.
Thanks for posting--you guys have made me feel so much better.
pjsam1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 05:40 PM   #13
Big Yapper!!!!

awww pjsam!

I JUDDD but clearly one of it's strengths is also one of it's weaknesses, in that as lovely as the UD's are, you still have to watch them, and it is EASY to get carried away.

Let's all commit to a GREAT week of really keeping an eye on our calories on both DD and UD!
Old 01-28-2012, 06:37 PM   #14

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjsam1156 View Post
Both of you are making me feel sooooo much better. I have had a very hard time sticking to my UD cals--my DDs are fine: 500-600 tops. So, I've only lost 2 lbs. in January!!! I had lost 10 lbs. from Nov-Dec.
But, I know much of this is my own fault, and I'm trying to stay motivated as well. I will not give up--this WOE is so healthy, besides being a good way to lose/maintain.
Thanks for posting--you guys have made me feel so much better.
Is it that you get carried away all day long? If you just don't think you can bring yourself to be accountable for UD calories - and yet UDs are certainly going over to the extent that it is ruining weight loss that could be happening for you but isn't -

then how about taking breakfast and lunchtimes on your UDs and absolutely planning them out. I mean the menu you will serve yourself, the portion sizes you will serve yourself, and the calories those two meals will amount to. Then make those two meals take up two/fifths (2/5) of your calorie allotment for the Up Day.

Then that will still give you three/fifths of the whole day's calories left for evening meal and snacks. That should at least keep your UDs from going as far over as maybe they have been, while still giving you the freedom to not plan and count, if that is being the problem for you on UDs.

Does this sound like something that might be a compromise that could help you be a little more successful with actual weight loss?
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 06:45 PM   #15
WWC
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: WWC
Stats: size 14/size 14/size 10
WOE: high protein/lowcarb/JUDDD
Start Date: recommitted 1/12
Pat, you are always so kind and compassionate with your great ideas!!!
WWC is offline   Reply With Quote