Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Impatient... (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/755198-impatient.html)

BeeLove 01-27-2012 07:52 AM

Impatient...

Okay, so I know I'm being incredibly impatient with this, as I only started on Monday, but the scale has still not budged and it's driving me crazy. I know that with this WOE it's up and down and all over the place, but it's been a month of me trying to lose weight with no success.

So I'm wondering if I must be incredibly carb intolerant or something. Around 4 years back I was successful losing around 15lbs with atkins, but I hated every moment of it. I'm wondering if I should try and cut most carbs out with JUDDD and see if that helps speed things along. I can't do induction style low carb, as I absolutely will fail, but for you low carb JUDDDers how many carbs are you eating? Where the hell should I start? Should I just cut out all bread and processed sugar?

Also, I'm purchasing a much nicer scale as the dial one I own is so finnicky. Perhaps that will help as well.

Feeling hopeless over here! :down:

Dottie 01-27-2012 07:58 AM

You could cut out the "white carbs" and see if that gives you a jump start:)
Give it time -your body doesn't shift gears as fast as a car does :)

SoHappy 01-27-2012 08:06 AM

Don't feel hopeless. This is going to work. :console:

You are not alone in not experiencing a whole lot of weight loss right off the bat.. at least as far as what the scale is able to show you.

My first question always is..... are you eating a few more carbs now since starting JUDDD than you did in the days/weeks prior to starting JUDDD? Because this story of *no weight loss yet* is almost always always because the new JUDDDer has increased their carb consumption, including the grain carbs, and they have been regaining lost water weight.

Usually they have actually been losing some body fat. But the scale can't show them that because the water weight that has been gained back counter-balances that weight loss of fat on the scale. It looks like nothing has happened toward your becoming the size you long to be. But indeed, you are smaller, and if you measure yourself, you can see that you are smaller.

Hang in there. If you are planning to include higher carb foods in your life instead of having to live at a low carb level, you may as well just get started, accept the water weight that is a part of having carbs in your diet, and then enjoy the loss of body fat that is undoubtedly occurring and will continue to occur as you continue on JUDDD.

ARE you measuring your foods and portions? Really. And ARE you counting your calories. Truly. If you are, you can almost assuredly count on fat loss happening for you!

BeeLove 01-27-2012 08:23 AM

Pat, before Juddd I was simply calorie cycling and eating whatever I liked so long as it was in my daily calorie limit. I weigh all my meats and foods that aren't pre portioned, and I often round up for calories. I'm simply wondering if its the fact that I'm eating so many carbs that is my problem. I cannot think of anything else I could possibly be doing wrong as like I said in my first post here, I'm totally busting my ass in the gym. Its just disheartening to not see any progress, I know I haven't given this much time. I wish I'd started juddd from the getco, perhaps I'd be lighter now!

mykidsteacher 01-27-2012 11:10 AM

I suggest you get out the tape measure and write down your measurments (I do upper back, bust, ribcage, waist, hips and inner thigh).

If you are busting tail in the gym, you are probably adding muscle, which weighs more than fat, and you very well may be getting smaller, even though the scale doesn't show it.

Also, Monday was only 4 days ago. 2 DD's and 2 UD's. Some people just change gears a bit slower. It takes 2 weeks to go through a week each of DD's and UD's.

I think you should just be patient. I agree that it is disheartening to see the woohoo post where people lose 6 pounds in a week, when the scale is creaping for you. But they aren't you (or me).

If it weren't for my tape measure showing 1 3/4" lost in these 2 weeks, I would have been disappointed with my 1 pounds weight loss.

Stick with it, and put out some treats for the whoosh fairy--maybe she likes chocolate? LOL

SoHappy 01-27-2012 12:00 PM

I think it's far more likely that you are working out to the extent of building more muscle, hence weight gain, and you are retaining more water, which is an initial but only temporary result of working out as well. So those two gains as the result of this exercise is resulting in weight gain, but I'll still bet you are smaller than when you started JUDDD.

I agree that you should measure yourself, but especially I think you should just stick with it, as your are doing. You said you are measuring and counting really well, so if your calorie numbers are correctly set, all you have to do is wait it out. Remember, each week we only get 4 at the most DDs to give us the loss, or even just 3 DDs.

Hang in there. I think your weight loss will happen for you, and when it starts showing up on your scale, the additional exercise you are also doing is going to have you looking fabulous!

kris4chloe 01-27-2012 04:38 PM

my first week of JUDDD (not watching carbs) i lost only .8, but by my second week of JUDDD (still not watching carbs) and I was down another 3.4 pounds. So it took a few weeks for the magic to happen. Try to be more patient.

BeeLove 01-28-2012 05:57 AM

Okay so yesterday was an up day, but I stuck to eating under 75 carbs...and today I'm down 1.2 lbs!!! :jumpjoy:

SoHappy 01-28-2012 06:03 AM

:laugh: I'm very happy reading this post. LOLOLOLOL :welcome:

gotsomeold 01-28-2012 06:13 AM

:jumpjoy::cool::jumpjoy::cool::jumpjoy:

WWC 01-28-2012 06:24 AM

Wonderful news!!! Keep up the good work!

sophiethecat 01-28-2012 07:50 AM

:jumpjoy: :high5: Yayyyy, Bee! KUTGW! :high5:

sungoddess 01-28-2012 05:13 PM

:jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy::hugs:so happy for you!

pjsam1156 01-28-2012 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeeLove (Post 15368278)
Okay so yesterday was an up day, but I stuck to eating under 75 carbs...and today I'm down 1.2 lbs!!! :jumpjoy:

:jumpjoy::high5:

And if it's any help--even though I weigh every day--the scale goes up and down w/the same lb or two for a week. I never see a loss until the end of 7-8 days each time.

Kissa 01-29-2012 04:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeeLove (Post 15368278)

Yes, yes, yes. No need to be impatient now, enjoy the magic JUDDD journey.

SoHappy 01-29-2012 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kissa (Post 15370420)
Yes, yes, yes. No need to be impatient now, enjoy the magic JUDDD journey.

I think you've put your finger on something that is important for us all to remember... No need to be impatient. Just work the JUDDD as your numbers are set out, and it will work to give you the loss you are wanting.

If we have to be eating every day anyway, and will probably be on some plan for the most part, formal or informal, anyway.. why not just choose JUDDD as the one to be on and stay on? And then go on living life? Patiently. And let JUDDD do the work of bringing you to your best weight. Easy Peasy. And fun and delicious too. :)