Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   2 weeks on JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/755196-2-weeks-juddd.html)

mykidsteacher 01-27-2012 07:31 AM

2 weeks on JUDDD

I've lost 1 pound, and 1/2" from my bust (boo), 1/2" from my waist, and 3/4" from my hips. Yay!

Would have liked that weight to be lower (especially after that killer DD yesterday), but I've been playing with carbs, so not surprised and not devastated. LOL

I plan to keep at it. Experimenting to find the right amount/kind of carbs my blood sugar can handle.

:sing:On.

MLE 01-27-2012 08:39 AM

:jumpjoy:Way to go!! The measurements are more revealing than the scale and you are shrinking!:jumpjoy:

jessreadytolose 01-27-2012 08:48 AM

That is awesome, I wish I would have taken measurements! I did try on a dress trench coat from my closet last week that used to be TIGHT just in the fall, and it practically wrapped around me, great feeling!

Beeb 01-27-2012 09:12 AM

:jumpjoy::high5::hugs: Inches count, too and we always seem to forget that when the scale number isn't moving or showing a loss as you expect!! You're smart to measure!!!!

SoHappy 01-27-2012 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mykidsteacher (Post 15365669)
I've lost 1 pound, and 1/2" from my bust (boo), 1/2" from my waist, and 3/4" from my hips. Yay!

Would have liked that weight to be lower (especially after that killer DD yesterday), but I've been playing with carbs, so not surprised and not devastated. LOL

I plan to keep at it. Experimenting to find the right amount/kind of carbs my blood sugar can handle.

:sing:On.

Good report! If you have lost 1/2 inch from bust, 1/2 inch from waist, and 3/4 inch from hips, you have lost a lot more than just one pound! So it's just hidden from the scale by the regained water weight, as you already know, and as you get your carb numbers adjusted for perfect blood sugar control, and your body gets adjusted, I know you will see some additional weight loss on the scale as well. Congratulations! I think you are doing amazingly well! Nice results so far! :clap:

sophiethecat 01-27-2012 09:31 AM

Awesome report, MKT! :jumpjoy:

I agree - there is weight loss a-brewin' for you, it's just hidden right now from excess water. I'm going to send the whoosh fairy to your house (she's overstayed her welcome here, lol) so expect a loss any day now. :)

mayleesa 01-27-2012 11:03 AM

:jumpjoy::clap:

mykidsteacher 01-27-2012 12:01 PM

I'll welcome the whoosh fairy with open arms. My MIL has promised my ds another apple pie, if that will entice her to visit. LOL (he had wisdom teeth out, and had some medicated packing in when she made the last one and he couldn't taste it. So she promised him another when he could enjoy it).

Thanks for the jumpy guys. My family is a little tired of jumping up and down for me. LOL

SillverOrchid 01-27-2012 12:05 PM

:high5::jumpjoy:

KathyL 01-28-2012 05:16 PM

Hi Tina! This is Kathy from qfh. :D

I stumbled across this board a few days ago and joined. Yeah, I'm not a *true* low carber but there's still plenty of good info here. I like the looks of this JUDD plan. I've been doing something similar of my own making for maintenance for quite a while now. I'm happy with my current weight but have some problem areas I'd like to work on.

mykidsteacher 01-28-2012 08:52 PM

Hey there Kathy. The internet is a small world sometimes. LOL

I'm liking the UD/DD rotation. It feels like something you could maintain on forever (especially since you get to increase calories a bit in maintenance).

You don't have to be lc to do JUDDD either. You've done amazing with your weight loss. I need to lose 3-4 more pounds before I'm there.

fleur 01-28-2012 11:34 PM

:jumpjoy:Great job!

I'm jumping right along with you:jumpjoy: I am coming up on 2 weeks this wednesday and I'm jumping because I have such great energy AND am seeing a smaller waist measurement (didn't start to measure until a few days ago). I'm feeling more like exercising and at 53 have found my libido :o after having it be MIA for a good while now.

Today was an easy DD, went over by about 40 calories, but I counted EVERYTHING.

Good luck going forward!

SoHappy 01-29-2012 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fleur (Post 15370334)
:jumpjoy:Great job!

I'm jumping right along with you:jumpjoy: I am coming up on 2 weeks this wednesday and I'm jumping because I have such great energy AND am seeing a smaller waist measurement (didn't start to measure until a few days ago). I'm feeling more like exercising and at 53 have found my libido :o after having it be MIA for a good while now.

Today was an easy DD, went over by about 40 calories, but I counted EVERYTHING.

Good luck going forward!

This should be posted in the Woo Hoo thread! LOL :up: :laugh: