Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   It's Friday, what are you eating today? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/755187-its-friday-what-you-eating-today.html)

WWC 01-27-2012 05:51 AM

It's Friday, what are you eating today?
 
DD today. I was driving home from dropping the kids off this morning and drinking my coffee and I realized I feel like I've taken some kind of "happy pill." I think it's the JUDDD koolaid. I'm not hungry yet. I've figured out how to make my coffee taste drinkable (up'd the stevia.) I was noticing my legs this morning. One of the problems I hate about my legs is what I call "fat leg syndrome." My legs retain fluid as the day goes on and I hate it. Even after losing abot 100lbs, it hadn't improved that much. Now, when I get up in the morning they look much better and even at night they aren't a bad. I can see a time that they will be normal. Anyway, here's my plan.....

Breakfast--coffee with almond milk, Fage 0% 1 cup

Lunch--netrition shake with 1/3 cup almond milk

Dinner--1 cup chicken with 3 tbl. egg white. netrition shake with 1/3 cup almond milk

lots and lots lemon water

jessreadytolose 01-27-2012 05:53 AM

DD-

B- 1 coffee, 2 servings egg whites in microwave

L- 2 eggs, 2 oz. sliced deli ham

D- 3 eggs., 2 oz. sliced deli ham

600 calories, lots of protein today!

synger 01-27-2012 06:34 AM

Friday, so it's my "free day" (higher than a normal 1800 UD, but I still measure calories and aim for 2200 or so -- so I can drink).

B: cream in my coffee, Peanut butter

L: Homemade split pea soup with ham, sour cream

D: 1-2 slices Domino's cheese bread, toppings off two slices of pizza, 2 dirty martinis

vilanteira 01-27-2012 06:49 AM

UD for me.

B: coffee, 2 soft-boiled eggs, 4 slices bacon
L: ground lamb butternut squash avocado casserole, spicy tuna onigiri
D: going out for spicy Szechuan hot pot (will include a bit of lamb, pork, a few quail eggs, clams, beef tendon, some veggies)

Should be between 1770-1800 for the day.

mykidsteacher 01-27-2012 07:13 AM

UD for me.

b--2 scrambled eggs; 1/2 bagel thin with butter; decaf coffee
l--salad and roast beef (might get crazy and make that a sandwich with some cheese on it.)
s--?? (dd's night to cook and no idea what she is planning)

snack--coconut bark

sophiethecat 01-27-2012 07:28 AM

Yayy on the energy/feel good/legs, WWC!!! :jumpjoy: :hugs:

Sedona 01-27-2012 07:29 AM

DD

I had 1/2 an LC shake (70 calories) and a small egg (60 calories). I wasn't hungry but wanted to get something in me because I have been going strong for 2-days.

Yesterday, I had so much energy I went home, put groceries away and cleaned for nearly 5 hours. This morning, I had to move furniture in my office.

Sedona 01-27-2012 07:30 AM

Oh and I was afraid to step out of bed this morning. Often, when I do that much, I wake up with pain (10 on a scale of 1-10) but today, it really wasn't that bad at all (maybe a 2 on a scale from 1-10).

WWC 01-27-2012 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sophiethecat (Post 15365900)
Yayy on the energy/feel good/legs, WWC!!! :jumpjoy: :hugs:

Thank you!!!! :love:

sophiethecat 01-27-2012 07:31 AM

DD today. I thought it was going to be a continued FD but Fridays are just better DD for me because of scheduling and things going on. Plus, I make Sat. AND Sun. both FDs.

B
- black coffee

Not sure about the rest of the day. I have some cabbage to cook up and I think there's garden salad leftover. I'll figure it out. :)

Dottie 01-27-2012 07:36 AM

UD
B: Coffee w/cream
D: hot wings
S: chuck roast and zucchini
I'll throw an avocado in for calories some time

gharkness 01-27-2012 07:45 AM

DD for me today:

So far coffee coffee coffee, tea, tea, tea (no cream or anything)
At noon, I'm gonna go buy some cabbage and make a cabbage dish
Then, Almond Milk and perhaps a Strawberry or Pumpkin shake for right before bed.

I need to change my rotation, so tomorrow will be a MD. Still trying to figure out just what.

SoHappy 01-27-2012 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WWC (Post 15365531)
DD today. I was driving home from dropping the kids off this morning and drinking my coffee and I realized I feel like I've taken some kind of "happy pill." I think it's the JUDDD koolaid. I'm not hungry yet. I've figured out how to make my coffee taste drinkable (up'd the stevia.) I was noticing my legs this morning. One of the problems I hate about my legs is what I call "fat leg syndrome." My legs retain fluid as the day goes on and I hate it. Even after losing abot 100lbs, it hadn't improved that much. Now, when I get up in the morning they look much better and even at night they aren't a bad. I can see a time that they will be normal.

Yes, I know what you mean. This is so much more than merely a weight loss plan. It has actual and real health benefits beyond just what weight loss can do for us. I'm very happy for you and hope the problem with edema in your legs just continues to improve as you are on JUDDD longer.

sophiethecat 01-27-2012 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sedona (Post 15365904)
DD

Yesterday, I had so much energy I went home, put groceries away and cleaned for nearly 5 hours. This morning, I had to move furniture in my office.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sedona (Post 15365913)
Oh and I was afraid to step out of bed this morning. Often, when I do that much, I wake up with pain (10 on a scale of 1-10) but today, it really wasn't that bad at all (maybe a 2 on a scale from 1-10).

This is EXCELLENT news, Sedona! :clap: So happy to hear you are already reaping some of the positive benefits of this woe, which is why I'm sticking with it for life. Things keep getting better for me the longer I'm on it. Glad to hear you have more energy and less pain! Whoo hoo! :high5: :jumpjoy:

LightlyStarched 01-27-2012 08:15 AM

Yesterday was a down day:
1 carrot
3 goat loin chops
1 seving saurkraut

Today is an up day:
B: 1 toasted english muffin and 2 fried eggs
L: not sure, may go get a potato/egg/cheese burrito
D: posole w/cilantro, cabbage, lime & avocado

KeirasMom 01-27-2012 08:16 AM

DD

B: Coffee (8)
L: Lettuce, tomato, cucumber, mushrooms, imitation crab, WF dressing (100)
D: Not sure

I couldn't sleep when we got home from the vet last night (this morning) and ended up having another 315 calories. This put me over for yesterday by 271 calories. I'm not sure if I should count that as over for yesterday, or put it on today's DD, but I'm thinking I'll just suck it up and call it an overage.

SoHappy 01-27-2012 09:14 AM

Today is another DD for me, and I have been looking forward to it, just because of the cabbage-chicken-cheese discovery! I love that stuff so much, and save it only for DDs, so now I can hardly wait for the next DD! :laugh:

24 oz. of cabbage, shredded
5.4 oz. of b/s chicken breast, chopped
5 wedges of Laughing Cow light cheese

****** says 512 calories.

I will fast until late afternoon or evening, and then feast on this delicious mixture to my heart's content! Bliss....

MintQ8 01-27-2012 09:52 AM

DD (high one for me)

B: SF Lolly & 2 Crab sticks (33)
L: 1/2 tin of tuna (which I thought was 52.5 - but *** came out at 75 - I'll check the tin later), 1 GG Cracker, 60gms of Pickled Onion, 30gms of Flame Roasted Red Pepper (104)
S: Cappucino (guestimate cals) (121) and then 2 Crab Sticks (24)
D: Shrimp, asian noodle premade dish and some green beans (220)

502 Cals!! Going to continue fasting until lunch time tomorrow - as I want to have breakfast out on my DD on Sunday - before flying back to Oz.

sophiethecat 01-27-2012 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sophiethecat (Post 15365920)
DD today. I thought it was going to be a continued FD but Fridays are just better DD for me because of scheduling and things going on. Plus, I make Sat. AND Sun. both FDs.

B
- black coffee

Not sure about the rest of the day. I have some cabbage to cook up and I think there's garden salad leftover. I'll figure it out. :)

At noon, I had 1.5 cups garden salad with 2 T. BHF Ranch. about 50 cal.

Bonnie 01-27-2012 10:22 AM

DD - sticking with the DD even though yesterday's UD was actually a MD:

B: black coffee and then some more black coffee
L: 2 WASA crackers (40), 1/2 pckg Buddig Pastrami (45)
D: salad (lettuce, tomato, celery) with FF ranch (80) 1/2 pckg Buddig Pastrami (45)
S: SF gelatin cup (5)

total per ***: 215 cal, 22 net carbs

Knittering 01-27-2012 10:50 AM

MD -- I'm driving my daughters up to Fargo this afternoon in questionable weather and don't wanna be light-headed for that.

Coffee w/cream
2 small slices pizza
Small helping of whatever MiL makes for dinner tonight. And wine because (see: MiL.)

SillverOrchid 01-27-2012 11:04 AM

UD! :jumpjoy:

B~ Tea

L~ Chicken pot stickers and 1 egg roll

D~ not sure yet

S~ small pack of M&Ms :o guilty pleasure lol

This evening some red wine :)

sophiethecat 01-27-2012 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sophiethecat (Post 15366452)
At noon, I had 1.5 cups garden salad with 2 T. BHF Ranch. about 50 cal.

about 3 p.m. and I'm going to have a Great Value Lean Cafe Salisbury Steak with Mac & Cheese dinner.

Also had a large red grapefruit.

about 400 total calories for the day so far.

fleur 01-27-2012 12:05 PM

UD that means I made it through another induction DD!!

B: oatmeal w/pat of butter, raisins, walnuts, stevia, cinnamon, almond milk
strawberry banana greek yougurt

L: turkey/bean chili w/cheddar cheese and brown rice
sm banana

D: not sure, but have 500 caloris left, maybe a food court takeout salad while shopping

Sedona 01-27-2012 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sophiethecat (Post 15366008)
This is EXCELLENT news, Sedona! :clap: So happy to hear you are already reaping some of the positive benefits of this woe, which is why I'm sticking with it for life. Things keep getting better for me the longer I'm on it. Glad to hear you have more energy and less pain! Whoo hoo! :high5: :jumpjoy:

:heart: I am just so happy to be going into the weekend with nearly all my weekend chores completed. :jumpjoy:

MintQ8 01-27-2012 12:56 PM

change in dinner plans!!

Had shirataki noodles, with a tomato, chilli, crab stick and anchovy sauce - and then stirred in a laughing cow cheese (light) - I don't know if I see the point of them!!

Ended up at 384 - so quite happy with that!!

Scotty 01-27-2012 01:01 PM

Quote:

Small helping of whatever MiL makes for dinner tonight. And wine because (see: MiL.)
:laugh:

Kissa 01-27-2012 01:02 PM

DD became an MD for me. Not to worry.

Alcestis 01-27-2012 01:41 PM

DD

B/L: coffee
D: well, I just ate it, because I got home and was HUNGRY all of a sudden. TOM is just about here and it's the first TOM for me on JUDDD. It'll be interesting to see how I do for this evening, because I'm usually a bottomless pit!

3 eggs (210)
1/2 small tortilla (75)
Laughing Cow (35)
4 slices ham (140)

460 cals. If go over, I'm not beating myself up today, I'm just tooooo tired!

sophiethecat 01-27-2012 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sophiethecat (Post 15366804)
about 3 p.m. and I'm going to have a Great Value Lean Cafe Salisbury Steak with Mac & Cheese dinner.

Also had a large red grapefruit.

about 400 total calories for the day so far.

Breezing through to grab and bite and head out the door again.

6:20 pm: ham on lite bread with mustard and LC garlic herb cheese

565 calories so far.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:22 AM.