Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2012, 08:16 PM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
How long have you been JUDDING?

I know some have the info in their stats, but not all. There's so many newbies here (me included), I'm just curious how long you've been at this, and how far you've come.

Share you JUDDD story here.

Me--tomorrow will be 2 weeks (and I'm excited to do the official weigh/measure in the morning). I actually lost most of my weight from Aug-Dec following paleo/primal. And then stalled, completely. Stumbled my way into the JUDDD forum quite by accident, and was hooked by the enthusiasm, support, and amazing success stories. Thought this would be a great way to lose those last few pounds, and it sounded like a plan I could actually live with for maintenance. So here I am. Tweaking, trying to find the best combo of foods to keep my blood sugar in balance, and losing weight.
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-2012, 08:34 PM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/144 - 150/155, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Maintenance - 5:2/JUDDD
Did Atkins from 10/24/11 - 12/9/11 : Lost 12.6 total in 6 1/2 weeks
I took a 2 1/2 day break (gained 2.8 lbs carbing up) and started JUDDD.
JUDDD 12/12/11 - present: Have lost 18.6 lbs in 6 1/2 weeks, and loving it so much more!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 08:55 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Truffles
Stats: 142/125/128 JUDDD
WOE: LC&JUDDD
Start Date: 3/11 LC - 1/12 LC/JUDDD
started this week Monday! Didn't think about it- just jumped right in and did it! 1/23/12! I hope it works!!

Starting stats 5'5.5 141 lbs

DD-500
UD-1700
Truffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 09:14 PM   #4
_catzy_

Gallery: Bonnie
WOE: Low Carb Maintenance
I'm still doing low carb because it has always worked for me and still does. I restarted Atkins 11/14/11 and lost 21.8 lbs before I started doing LC UD/DD's on 01/06/12. I'm down another 8.6 lbs since I started the rotations but I know I would have lost about that much anyway doing normal LC. (I'm losing at about the same rate I was on Atkins.) I started doing this because I liked the idea of the DDs. I'm not sure if I will stick to it or not or just go back to normal LC, but as long as I still enjoy the DDs I will keep going with it.
Bonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 01:05 AM   #5
MLE
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MLE
Stats: 175/140/130 5'5"
WOE: Atkins/Crackin'
Start Date: June 2010/New start in 2012
Started JUDDDing January 1st...almost one month down. Looking forward to comparing my stats next Wednesday!! Keep you posted...
MLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 08:30 AM   #6
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: LC..My "Don't Have To Think Because It's Simple"!
Started LC Jan 2003, off and on for years with WW thrown in there, then started JUDDD Aug 2011 and the rest is history!!

Here is my story and my weight is now 4/5 pounds below my weight when this thread was started in Oct 2011 :

My Journey Through WW, South Beach, LC, VLC, and JUDDD (long story)
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 08:54 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Eieio
Stats: 155/140/130 (130)
WOE: Atkin, JUDDD
Start Date: Dec-10
Today counts as my second UD! Spanking new Jan 24-12

I'm trying this after adding carbs to my yearish on Atkins.
Didn't do by the book so gained fast, 5 lbs over three weeks. By
Adding an apple and other wonderful fruit( which is my favorite food in the woRld.)
So i out impatient, ticked and desired not to give up fruit every again.
Here I'm, day 4 a being a JUDDER.
I do have to stay away from wheat. So will save special occasions.
I ve done that for years.
Going to have a couple slices of REAL PIZZA Super BOWL DAY Sunday.(:0)
Eieio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 01:21 PM   #8

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eieio View Post
I'm trying this after adding carbs to my yearish on Atkins.
Didn't do by the book so gained fast, 5 lbs over three weeks. By
Adding an apple and other wonderful fruit( which is my favorite food in the woRld.)
So i out impatient, ticked and desired not to give up fruit every again.
Here I'm, day 4 a being a JUDDER.
I do have to stay away from wheat. So will save special occasions.
I ve done that for years.
Going to have a couple slices of REAL PIZZA Super BOWL DAY Sunday.(:0)
Enjoy!!!!
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 04:14 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mainemom
Stats: 147/125/115 5' 1"
WOE: LC; Intermittent Fasting; Wheat Free
Start Date: January 2011
I started in mid November. Haven't been the perfect JUDDDer, and sorta took a break around Christmas. But I'm down 7 pounds since then. I'm ok w/slow. I'm nearing my goal and am focusing on control and learning a way of eating for life that will allow me to maintain my weight loss while still enjoying eating! Lost the majority of my weight with low carb for the past year.

Last edited by mainemom; 01-27-2012 at 04:15 PM..
mainemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 04:21 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kris4chloe
Stats: 229/181/140 HW:265
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Sept 2011 Restart / Sept 2010 Original Start
week 15 of JUDDD down 30.6 pounds. lost 10 pounds low carbing the three weeks previous so i am down a total of 40.6 pounds of this morning from sept 26th.
kris4chloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 04:42 PM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: itsmeshelly01
Stats: 260/150/162
Start Date: eating lowcarb since 2005
Started juddd around Christmas but didn't to well during Christmas or new years!. I really started right after New year's doing juddd correctly. I have lost 5lbs over and over...lol
I think it might finally stick now though. Im adjusting to the added carbs so keep your fingers crossed!
itsmeshelly01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 04:45 PM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cherryhair
Stats: 230.4/215.8/160
Start Date: 1/4/12
Started 23 days ago lost 12 lbs so far...
cherryhair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 05:10 PM   #13
WWC
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: WWC
Stats: size 14/size 14/size 10
WOE: high protein/lowcarb/JUDDD
Start Date: recommitted 1/12
Tuesday it will be two weeks on JUDDD for me. I have lowcarbed on and off for years as it always worked for me. I have PCOS and I conceived my last two kids by LCing. My twins were the result of meds. Unfortunately, after my youngest (almost 7) I never got back on a plan and gained enormous amounts of weight. My size 26s were all too tight. I had a choice of shopping for new clothes or stepping up and taking charge. It was August, two years ago and I lost probably over 100lbs. I don't weigh but I was comfortably in a 14 jeans, med or large tops. This fall I felt like I was just maintaining and then I ate off plan Thanksgiving weekend, got back on plan and then went crazy over Christmas. I got back on plan after NY's but I was struggling. My 14 jeans were too tight and it was either do something or go shopping.
I came to LC friends because I liked to lurk and get inspiration, happened upon this board and realized it was what I was looking for. Almost immediately my head struggles were gone. My jeans fit again and I look forward to going down sizes. Most importantly, this feels like a WOE that I can maintain after losing on. I can't imagine never having a treat or my favorite wine. I want something I can live on not just maintain on.
I have 4 daughters, 14,14,11, and 6 and am very active. I want to be able to keep up with them, go shopping and enjoy myself with them and yes, eat good food with them as well.

Last edited by WWC; 01-27-2012 at 05:15 PM.. Reason: ETA: sorry I got carried away!
WWC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 05:20 PM   #14
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: dasiey
I started 11/13/2011

and now down 17 pounds...

juddd
dasiey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 07:51 PM   #15
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by WWC View Post
Tuesday it will be two weeks on JUDDD for me. I have lowcarbed on and off for years as it always worked for me. I have PCOS and I conceived my last two kids by LCing. My twins were the result of meds. Unfortunately, after my youngest (almost 7) I never got back on a plan and gained enormous amounts of weight. My size 26s were all too tight. I had a choice of shopping for new clothes or stepping up and taking charge. It was August, two years ago and I lost probably over 100lbs. I don't weigh but I was comfortably in a 14 jeans, med or large tops. This fall I felt like I was just maintaining and then I ate off plan Thanksgiving weekend, got back on plan and then went crazy over Christmas. I got back on plan after NY's but I was struggling. My 14 jeans were too tight and it was either do something or go shopping.
I came to LC friends because I liked to lurk and get inspiration, happened upon this board and realized it was what I was looking for. Almost immediately my head struggles were gone. My jeans fit again and I look forward to going down sizes. Most importantly, this feels like a WOE that I can maintain after losing on. I can't imagine never having a treat or my favorite wine. I want something I can live on not just maintain on.
I have 4 daughters, 14,14,11, and 6 and am very active. I want to be able to keep up with them, go shopping and enjoy myself with them and yes, eat good food with them as well.

this!

I love Everyone's stories and successes here! Great thread!

Last edited by sophiethecat; 01-27-2012 at 07:54 PM..
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 08:12 PM   #16
Blabbermouth!!!

I have lost 15 pounds on JUDDD!

Hopefully, I am pretty much done losing. I only intended to lose "those last 5#" when I came to JUDDD and just maintain after that, but my body had other ideas, lol.

A brief recap of my WLJourney:

I lost 8# last summer in a month and a half, when I finally got off my butt and started exercising some and just eating less sweets and more whole foods, and watching calories each day (I think I was trying to keep them at 1,500 or below each day). Anything I was doing was better than sitting and eating cookies.

And then I started vLC, and in just short of 3 months, I lost 12#. The thing was, my weight loss was slow for what I was used to, and to make matters worse, it was coming to a sloowww crawl by the time I stopped.

I was also looking toward maintenance at that point, and I knew deep down I would not be able to stay strict LC for life. The idea of *having* to stay LC or else, was not something I was looking forward to, yet I could foresee having the same problems of weight gain from too many carbs and eating too much happening again and again someday if I abandoned it completely. This made me

I came to JUDDD! I lost those last 5#. I'd reached my goal weight of 145#! I also lost a few more pounds and began to maintain on Nov. 12, 2011. I maintained in a nice range between 143 - 146#, usually right around 145#.

By Dec. 26, I had lost more weight, and that was with doing FDs and shorter DD (less than 24 hour DD, as opposed to JUDDD 36 hr DD). I maintained around 138 - 143# for another month, usually right around 140#.

The lower number on the range started coming up more and more, and I hadn't seen 143# for some time. Sure enough, a few days ago I saw a new low. Now I'm maintaining between a range of 135 - 140#. So far, it's at the lower end of the range.

I've been doing JUDDD or variations of it for over 15 weeks now.
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!

Last edited by sophiethecat; 01-27-2012 at 08:14 PM..
Old 01-28-2012, 04:50 AM   #17
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/114.8/128 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD - 1/1/12 + intermittent LCHF
I started lc Sept 15, 2011. Lost seven pounds and 20 inches in three weeks then stalled. No matter what I did, the stall continued for almost two months.

Just before Thanksgiving I leaped into JUDDD and lost three pounds the first week. Thereafter, an on-going family emergency kept turning my UDs into DDs. I skedaddled back into lc and maintained about a month.

When things calmed down I dove back into JUDDD. Today ends four weeks and seven more pounds are gone. Like so many of us, I feel I have found my woe/wol.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 06:30 AM   #18
WWC
Senior LCF Member

Sophiethecat, you have done amazing!!! I want to be you when I grow down!
Old 01-28-2012, 06:30 AM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: avecrain
Stats: 240/197/160 (5'10, age 22)
WOE: juddd; DD 500 / UD 2400
Start Date: september 5, 2011
I've been doing JUDDD since September 5, 2011. I'd never done any diet before. No one ever told me to lose weight (doctors, family, friends, etc.), which I am grateful for, but at the same time, it made me think it just wasn't possible for me. I've been bigger and very athletic and active for all of my preteen to adult life. I just really think I wasn't supposed to be fat (everyone thinks this, right?) because I have a very boyish (?) frame...smallish muscular legs, little hips, little butt, little boobs. Thus I accumulated all my weight in my tummy, and boy is it feeling good to be getting rid of it!

I lost very quickly, about 30 pounds in the first two and a half months. Been working on the next 12ish pounds, much more slowly because of the holidays, a couple planned vacations with diversions from plan, and dealing with the fading of that "i'm on a diet so i am eating well" problem, which led to a pattern of overeating (sometimes a lot) on UDs. I've kept my DDs pretty consistent, though, and moved into more fasting DDs lately, and I've continued to lose. I think I'm back on track now. Weighed 198.8 this morning after an UD. I think my goal is 160, but I have no idea what my body will look like at that weight. I just want to end up at a weight that looks right on my boyish (but also largeish) frame.
Old 01-28-2012, 06:35 AM   #20
WWC
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by avecrain View Post
I've been doing JUDDD since September 5, 2011. I'd never done any diet before. No one ever told me to lose weight (doctors, family, friends, etc.), which I am grateful for, but at the same time, it made me think it just wasn't possible for me. I've been bigger and very athletic and active for all of my preteen to adult life. I just really think I wasn't supposed to be fat (everyone thinks this, right?) because I have a very boyish (?) frame...smallish muscular legs, little hips, little butt, little boobs. Thus I accumulated all my weight in my tummy, and boy is it feeling good to be getting rid of it!

I lost very quickly, about 30 pounds in the first two and a half months. Been working on the next 12ish pounds, much more slowly because of the holidays, a couple planned vacations with diversions from plan, and dealing with the fading of that "i'm on a diet so i am eating well" problem, which led to a pattern of overeating (sometimes a lot) on UDs. I've kept my DDs pretty consistent, though, and moved into more fasting DDs lately, and I've continued to lose. I think I'm back on track now. Weighed 198.8 this morning after an UD. I think my goal is 160, but I have no idea what my body will look like at that weight. I just want to end up at a weight that looks right on my boyish (but also largeish) frame.
Avery, that is a terrific job! I wish I was tall. At just 5 ft, I get round all over when my weight is up.
Old 01-28-2012, 08:15 AM   #21
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
I love reading all these stories! Thank you so much for sharing them.
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 11:15 AM   #22
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vilanteira
Stats: in maintenance
WOE: juddd/lower carb
Start Date: low carb: 2008, juddd: 10/24/11
Been overweight about 17 years now, and at my highest weight, I was probably around low to mid-150s (I had stopped weighing but I know I was at least 150 at one time, which was not a good size on my height of 5'1.5"). Sometime in 2005 I obsessively started exercising 5-6 days a week for 2 hrs each day, and tried to "eat even healthier". I did lose about 10 lbs but could never get lower than 140.

Then it was in 2008 that I had abnormally high blood sugar on a health physical test result. It went back to normal when I had a followup test, but I was worried about pre-diabetes and felt certain I was insulin resistant.

So, 2008: at about 140 lb I started low carb eating and lost about 28 lbs down to 112, but over time I fell off the wagon and regained up to 124, which is where I was at until I decided to try low carb again last year right at the start of June. I went all the way until almost the end of October (so 5 months), and could not lose a single pound even doing strict vlc and was in fact starting to creep up even.

I turned to JUDDD on Oct 24, and so far at 3 months in, have lost 14 lbs. I seriously thought my metabolism was broken before JUDDD, or that there was something seriously wrong, because no matter how I tweaked things, I just couldn't lose at all. I'm so glad I found JUDDD because it WORKS. I love reading everyone's stories too!
vilanteira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 11:30 AM   #23
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mattsmama
Stats: 188/129.2/135 5'8" 42 yo
Start Date: JUDDD-11/11 to present (LC-5/11-11/11)
Started Atkins 05/18/11 at 188 lbs and size 14-lost 32 pounds in 5 months to 156 pounds and size 10 (snug!!)
Started JUDDD 11/13/11 at 156 pounds and size 10, am currently 139 pounds and size 4-6, so 17 pounds in 2 1/2 months.

I LOVE JUDDD!!!
mattsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 06:36 PM   #24
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Karen925
Stats: 192/mid 120's maintaining; 5'8", 49 yrs
WOE: low calorie low carb/JUDDD
Start Date: Oct 2009 low calorie/low carb
Started mid Nov 2011. Maintaining weight loss about 19 months. Looking for a better way to do so. Intrigued by a woe that allows pre/post menopause women to lose happily. This is a population that has difficulty losing weight, and joy is not a factor I had read about. I also had some knowledge about IF from previous study of primal/ paleo diets. using JUDDD to get the benefits of fasting seemed like an extra bonus.

The most surprising thing so far, is the pleasure & energy my Friday 24 hour fast brings each week. Very interesting!
Karen925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 09:50 AM   #25
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: OndoGirl
Stats: 242/195.6/135
WOE: JUDDD 1800/0-700
Start Date: ATKINS 10-2011/ JUDDD 1-2012 (SW: 217)
Hi,
As of today, I have been doing this WOE for 29 days. I was 217 when I started, now I weight 209.2. So 7.8 lbs so far.
OndoGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 10:02 AM   #26
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jessreadytolose
Stats: 168/162/135
WOE: Gluten Free/Clean eating
Start Date: JUDDD 1/2/13
Lost 14 lbs. since November 1st, 2011, this included the holiday eating and a week vacation in Mexico where I did not diet. Love the JUDDD WOE!!! Recharging and hoping to lose my next 14 lbs. to get to goal weight in the next few months!
jessreadytolose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 10:20 AM   #27
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
I started LC in 2003 and lost 25 pounds quickly following the LF LC. kept it off for about 7 years until I developed a foot problem and could not walk daily. Pounds started creeping back on and after I had foot surgery they jumped back on. I tried LC again but I just could not do it. I did pretty well on the Rice Diet but it only includes fish once a week and we raised a steer and two hogs that are in the freezer and I need to eat the good wholesome meat we raised.

So I started JUDDD on January 8th at 180 and I was 174.6 January 30th. I am enjoying being able to eat a variety of foods as long as they fall into the correct calorie range.

My goal is to be below 160 when we go to NY the end of May for my only child's graduation. Don't want to embarrass my baby and want to fit into my evening wear for the banquet and to be able to eat what is served. I don't want much do I?
181.0/168.0/145 07/25/11 The Rice Diet
181.4/179.0/145 Atkins 72 10/31/11
180/148/139 JUDDD 01/08/12
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 10:23 AM   #28

Gallery: Cruzcrzy
Stats: 183/136/129-131
I did 2 rounds of hhcg, first round in May, last one ending in July/August. I did about 3 weeks of P3 after the lost round, and then jumped off to JUDDD until I had surgery in November. It's now been three weeks since I started back with JUDDD again. I love it. I started out at 146 at the beginning of the month and have been a steady 138 the last week. I am in maintenance mode. I MAY decide to lose a few pounds, not sure. For now, I am very happy.
Cruzcrzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 11:18 AM   #29
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: monica1210
Stats: 168/148/135-140 5'6" Age 45
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis
Start Date: 1/2/2012 started NK 9/7/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by vilanteira View Post
I seriously thought my metabolism was broken before JUDDD, or that there was something seriously wrong, because no matter how I tweaked things, I just couldn't lose at all. I'm so glad I found JUDDD because it WORKS. I love reading everyone's stories too!
This rang so true for me! I really feel like my metabolism is damaged and I continue to hope and pray that this WOE gets me out of this stubborn weight. So inspiring! Thank you all for your stories!
monica1210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 11:24 AM   #30
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monica1210 View Post
This rang so true for me! I really feel like my metabolism is damaged and I continue to hope and pray that this WOE gets me out of this stubborn weight. So inspiring! Thank you all for your stories!
Same here. Save for a few instances, I'd always had a fast metabolism and was able to drop weight practically just by thinking about it. LOL, you know what I mean.

So this last time I gained and then went on LC, it crawled slowly off me, not ran, like I was used to!!

On strict LC alone, I felt bloated half the month and like the weight loss was getting slower and slower. I really thought it had finally happened - I had busted my metabolism! My carefree days were over.... you get the idea. LC, which was supposed to help, seemed to be holding me down.

Then I came to JUDDD, and over days/weeks I saw my metabolism spring back into action! It healed my metabolism! :jumpjoy