Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   This afternoon about killed me (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/755163-afternoon-about-killed-me.html)

mykidsteacher 01-26-2012 07:09 PM

This afternoon about killed me

LOL.

It's a DD, so I didn't eat till lunch. Then took the kids to a homeschool bowling event (yes I bowled). THEN had to grocery shop. I.WAS.STARVING.

I managed to NOT buy every thing in the store and rip apart the packaging to eat it before paying for it. I bought some SF gum at checkout, popped some in my mouth and drank from my big mug of water.

Then we went to the library.

FINALLY got home at 5:30 to the yummy smell of roast in the crockpot. Finished up the sides and sat down to a meal of meat and veggies.

And managed to come in right around 400 calories.

I'm full now, and looking forward to tomorrow, but dang that was hard!

I think upping my carbs on the last few UD's is making my DD's harder. Because the first couple were way easier than today was.:stars:

piratejenny 01-26-2012 07:56 PM

:notwrthy: Good for you!!!

KUTGW!!!

sophiethecat 01-26-2012 08:26 PM

Whew! Glad you made it! :hugs: There are some hard days like that once in a while. Hope you enjoy your UD tomorrow! :high5:

fleur 01-26-2012 10:44 PM

Fellow Newbie, here, Mykidsteacher. I'm just wondering why you're keeping it down to 400. ISnt' 500 challenging enough, especially when just starting out? I've just been reading some of the DD recipe thread. Got some great ideas. I can harldy wait for my next DD, so that I can try the Fettucini Girlfredo.

My last DD, 2 days ago was tough. I worked at my p.t. job, then went clothes shopping afterwards. I was really beat after the shopping, but not starving. I think shopping can be quite tiring any day.

MLE 01-27-2012 12:49 AM

MKT,
Maybe next time you get that way, try eating something strictly protein - hard boiled egg, cold cuts, etc. This is an old trick from my Atkins days...I find that the protein curbs the hunger and stabilizes the blood sugar. I understand that 100 cals looks expensive when you've only got 500 to play with, but it is better to spend it wisely then cave and eat a bunch of junk and ruin a good DD, IMHO.

gotsomeold 01-27-2012 02:39 AM

I have noticed that pattern in myself - there is some magic number of 'white' carbs I can't go over on UD or I will be hungry on DD. :stars: Sadly, even though I frequently eat a sandwich for dinner on DD, I am almost never hungry on UD mornings.

mykidsteacher 01-27-2012 06:53 AM

I actually hadn't planned to keep it at 400. The PLAN was to bring a hard boiled egg to eat after bowling and before the grocery store. But I forgot it. I actually looked for something I could buy to eat, but everything was either too process (beef jerky/slim jim) or too many calories.

By the time I got home, it was dinner time, and my 5 year old begged for the egg, so I just waited. And then I was full.

500 is plenty low for me, and next time, I won't forget my snack. :)

Beeb 01-27-2012 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mykidsteacher (Post 15365759)
I actually hadn't planned to keep it at 400. The PLAN was to bring a hard boiled egg to eat after bowling and before the grocery store. But I forgot it. I actually looked for something I could buy to eat, but everything was either too process (beef jerky/slim jim) or too many calories.

By the time I got home, it was dinner time, and my 5 year old begged for the egg, so I just waited. And then I was full.

500 is plenty low for me, and next time, I won't forget my snack.:)

This was and is the key for me! I put off eating as long as I can on DDs BUT when I have to eat, I eat and I also make sure I have things in the car or wherever I am so I can have a Lcal snack when I'm going beyond the "I'm hungry" to "I'm starving"! I know if I don't eat then I'm in trouble because my hunger just gets worse and worse and I'm going to be in trouble by overeating or eating stuff that I really don't want to just to feed the "monster" I created by not eating when I knew I should have. :sad:

mayleesa 01-27-2012 09:36 AM

i blame it on the moon or the weather but the last couple DD's i've been ravenous!!! i'll take a closer look at those UD carbs hmmm

TallToriV 01-27-2012 10:42 AM

I'm right there with you. I had cheesecake AND a minicupcake on my UD Wednesday, and yesterday was wretched. Must keep that in mind today.

dasiey 01-27-2012 05:57 PM

As long as I stay primal my dds are easy.

any other way it can be hard.

mykidsteacher 01-27-2012 09:49 PM

I've been cheating on primal, and it appears my body is not happy about it.

Had some wheat today, and I feel bloated and gassy. And the 1/2 sweet potato at dinner sent my blood sugar too high.

Tomorrow is a DD, and I'm back on a primal woe. I just can't handle the grain/sugar/starchy carbs.