Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   "medium day"....yeah right (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/755116-medium-day-yeah-right.html)

moonmirror 01-26-2012 12:03 PM

"medium day"....yeah right

It 11am.

So far I have eaten: 1/2 fresh cheese pastry (amazing)

And 2 corn tortillas with cheese plus a fried egg

and some peanut m&m's.

and I don't feel done yet.

Hmm....

gotsomeold 01-26-2012 12:22 PM

:stars::rofl::stars::rofl: Moonmirror is going wild!! Wild, I tell you!!! :laugh::stars::laugh::stars:

Don't panic. You are new to JUDDD, aren't you? It happens. Usually over a fairly short time the urge to eat wild gives way to the body demanding veggies and meats and fruits and reasonable white carbs. Dr J said it would happen. Sophie and Beeb experienced it. I am in the middle of the transition and it is startling.

Is tomorrow a DD? Make it a good one. Is tomorrow an UD? Make it as much of a MD as is practical, then make the day after a pristine DD.

Now, go eat some protein (preferably not lean) and calm yourself. The day is coming when asperagus sounds better than chocolate (just happened to me :hyst:)

moonmirror 01-26-2012 02:41 PM

Well, the problem was that I wanted Sunday to be an up day, so I had to change something, which meant a medium day somewhere between now and Sunday.

Yes I am very new to this. :)

All I really want to do is just stay in the rotation, I think I like the rotation.

I suppose I'll just figure out Sunday when Sunday comes.

SoHappy 01-26-2012 03:40 PM

The best way I've found to do MDs is to just make them the same as DDs.. except to double what you would normally eat, and then if there are any calories left from that, have a nice snack in the late evening. Or, hold to DD calories throughout the day until suppertime, and then have a nice supper. At least hold the cheese pastries and the peanut M & Ms until later in the evening. And then go to bed! :laugh:

I pretty much reserve the special foods, the special meals, the wonderful pasta dishes and the yummy desserts etc. for my UDs.

Kissa 01-26-2012 03:44 PM

:goodpost: Wise words as ever Pat....

moonmirror 01-26-2012 03:48 PM

That makes sense. For instance, yesterday I ate 2 poached eggs, one cheese stick, 1/4 orange, and 2 big bowls of chicken and vegetable soup. I could easily increase foods like that but stay within a calorie limit. :)

I will do that on Saturday.

Joedi 01-26-2012 03:50 PM

For me, MD's are just DD's...with benefits! Like Pat, I mostly stick with DD foods...but perhaps have more creamer in my coffee, a little chunk of cheese grated into my salad, or on my stir fry...and a fun size bar of chocolate for supper....I quite like MD'd now, though still only do them when I need to!

hugs
Jo
x

SoHappy 01-26-2012 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joedi (Post 15364381)
For me, MD's are just DD's...with benefits! Like Pat, I mostly stick with DD foods...but perhaps have more creamer in my coffee, a little chunk of cheese grated into my salad, or on my stir fry...and a fun size bar of chocolate for supper....I quite like MD'd now, though still only do them when I need to!

hugs
Jo
x

I only do them when needed too. I thought for awhile that I'd do one each week, to keep all my days the same as the weeks progressed, but found that I prefer just keeping to the straight schedule of Up/Down. Plus I think that has more a bit more advantage for me for metabolism. Maybe..