Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2012, 06:39 PM   #31
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: dazygyrl
I really do love the concept of juddd, but the weight hasn't fallen off for me. and I do have a big calorie gap between UDs & DDs.

I will cont eating this way tho.
dazygyrl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-2012, 08:47 PM   #32
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Becca39 View Post
Do you guys eat carbs on your UP? After doing low carb for so long, I am afraid that if I eat carbs on my UP then it will turn into a binge.
Hi Becca! Many here eat carbs of some kind on UDs and DDs. Just all kinds of ways to eat here. Everyone is personalizing the carb intake for themselves, whether it's no carbs, low carbs, moderate or high. We have people at all levels of carb intake. Some are combining diet plans such as Atkins, Paleo/Primal, vegetarian, etc. with JUDDD since JUDDD is about calorie cycling and works with whatever diet someone wants to use.

Stick around and ask more questions if you like!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 10:37 PM   #33
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: heidihoopi
WOE: LC My Way
Interesting. I was a good Fat Faster intermittently when I originally lost my 117 lbs on Atkins back in the day. In fact, I had to FF every week for a day or 2 to lose anything on Atkins after about the first 3 months.
heidihoopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 01:01 AM   #34
MLE
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MLE
Stats: 175/140/130 5'5"
WOE: Atkins/Crackin'
Start Date: June 2010/New start in 2012
I was skeptical at first, too, although the posts were all so positive and encouraging - everyone loving this WOE. I decided to do an experiment...stick it out for one month and just see how my body responded. If I maintained, no harm-no foul. If I gained, couldn't be enough that I wouldn't be able to loose it with a strict Atkins "induction-style" week or two. But, if I lost weight, AWESOME!
February 1st will be the end of the first month for me and I am looking forward to taking my measurement, weighing, etc. So far, I've only weighed a couple times but each time the scale goes down. My clothes are looser. AND, yesterday my DH said to me, "Honey, do you feel stronger? Your body looks leaner - you are looking great!"
Lost 30lbs. in 6 months with Atkins
Learned the value of carbs with CTFLC
Trying JUDDD on for size
Minigoal - 135lbs.
GOAL - 125lbs.
MLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 01:15 AM   #35
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Madison Ave
Stats: 186.6/151.8/125 5'3 and a bump :)
Start Date: January 6, 2012
MLE....How much weight do you think you have lost in the amount of time you have been doing JUDDD? Did you come right from doing Atkins? I, myself am thinking of trying it out myself. Thanks
Madison Ave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 01:17 AM   #36
Junior LCF Member

sorry, double post

Last edited by Madison Ave; 01-27-2012 at 01:18 AM..
Old 01-27-2012, 01:36 AM   #37
MLE
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madison Ave View Post
MLE....how much weight do you think you may have lost in the time you have been doing JUDDD? Also, did you come straight from doing Atkins? I am also thinking of trying JUDDD out, so I would be very interested in your response. Thanks
Madison Ave!

I may not be a good indicator, number-wise, because I do resistance training and, when building muscle, the number on the scale doesn't mean as much as measurements do. I have been taking BCAA's before fasted workouts to maintain lean muscle mass. But as far as losing fat, my scale shows a 2% decrease in my percent body fat which, for one month, I believe is pretty good.
No, I did not come straight from doing Atkins. I switched to Wendy Chant's Crack the Fat-Loss Code almost a year ago because I had a long stall with Atkins. Her program is invaluable for overcoming the "fear of carbs" syndrome we Low-Carber's get. I had moved to France (July 2011) and wasn't following the program but was maintaining my weight eating normally. I chose to try JUDDD because: 1) we are thinking of getting pregnant in the next year and I want to start at a much lower weight this time around; 2) I want to be able to eat the wonderful french cuisine without gaining all the weight back!
Does that help?
Old 01-27-2012, 01:43 AM   #38
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLE View Post

Does that help?
Sure does...Thanks MLE!

France and working on a baby? I'm a little jealous....lol

Thanks Again!
Old 01-27-2012, 02:13 AM   #39
MLE
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madison Ave View Post

France and working on a baby? I'm a little jealous....lol
Ahhh, well both can be very frustrating...and exciting!
Old 01-27-2012, 03:17 AM   #40
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: spirilis
Stats: 265/230/200; 5'11"
WOE: N.Ketosis
Start Date: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by heidihoopi View Post
Interesting. I was a good Fat Faster intermittently when I originally lost my 117 lbs on Atkins back in the day. In fact, I had to FF every week for a day or 2 to lose anything on Atkins after about the first 3 months.
Hmmm, this is somewhere along the lines of what I was thinking... I've never fat-fasted, only intermittent-fasted and didn't do that long before giving up. (I totally haven't lost any weight since like 3-4 months after starting Atkins either) Very curious to see what a 500-calorie fat fast will do for me.
spirilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 04:43 AM   #41
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironicwoman View Post
to be true. I've been lurking around here a couple of days. Surely there's a catch? Is there anyone this doesn't work for?

A lot of you seem to have already lost alot of your weight on low carb or similar plans and then have switched to JUDD. Has anyone lost the bulk of their weight using this?

To get back here, I lost only my last 10 lbs or so after many years of Atkins. I had allowed my weight to creep well above my goal. I am now eating so many wonderful foods and my weight has been consistently at or below my goal weight since before Christmas. Xmas, New Year, a weeks holiday included.

Others here have a lot more and maintained for years. I love everything about this way of life. Hope you decide to join us.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 06:38 AM   #42
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: synger
Stats: Start: 310 Current: 259
WOE: Calorie and carb counting, IR Diet framework
Start Date: IR/PCOS: Dx pre-diabetic 3/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherryhair View Post
Agree...except I must admit I'm still a little crabby on my down days. I feel like putting a flashing light in my house for my kids benefit "Warning-Down Day Proceed with Caution"
By the end of a DD I can tell I need food... I'm dragging when I get home. But as soon as I eat my dinner I feel better. It's the nagging headaches that I sometimes get on DDs that can really frustrate. But it doesn't happen every time, or even all that often. Just once in a while. I'm trying to find a pattern but no luck so far.
synger is offline   Reply With Quote