Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2012, 09:05 AM   #1
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
How to Stop Losing?

I'm down to 136# today.

That's lower than I wanted to go. The bottom end of my maintenance range is 138#.

Well, I got a little suspicious yesterday when I weighed 139# WITH clothes on. And the pics of me in my "goal pants" on Jo's thread looked quite thin. I thought it was just the angle or something. I still think it is because those pics did not show my hips/thighs that are wide and in need of toning, lol. But anyway, coming off a regular DD yesterday, I woke up and well, here I am, at this new low weight.

This happened to me right after Christmas too, when I had been maintaining around my original goal weight of 145# for around a month. But then I dropped down lower than I intended and began to maintain around 138 - 143. I usually stayed right around 140#. I maintained around there for a month. (Is there something with my body that it will maintain at a certain weight range for a month, then decide to drop more?)

Now the weight drop has started again. I do not want to be TOO THIN. I can definitely get to that point, and I don't want a big head on a skinny body, lol.

I already do FDs where I don't count calories and I know I'm at least getting the minimum that I did on regular JUDDD, and I'm positive it usually goes over that old minimum and into the 2000's. I will start keeping track of what I eat on FDs and make sure the calories are high, high.

I started doing 2 regular JUDDD DD per week this month just to make sure I was staying on top of the health benefits, though I hadn't noticed any reduction in them. Maybe these low DDs (usually around 700-800 cals) of 36 hours are what's causing more fat to be released. I probably better keep some fat at this point, dear SIRT1.

I'm not TOO SKINNY yet, but I know I'm entering the borderland for me. 135# would be my maximum low weight. I'm not intending to start a supermodel career at the moment, so I don't think I should go below 135#. That's what I weighed when I was 16.

I am planning to do MUDDD the rest of the week/weekend. I had recently been saving that only for weekends. I'm not sure that will stop the loss completely though, because I've also lost while MUDDDg (in fact, I reached goal the first time on JUDDD doing MUDDD).

Any other thoughts, suggestions? I guess the main one will be EAT!
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!

Last edited by sophiethecat; 01-26-2012 at 09:07 AM..
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-2012, 09:10 AM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Peanut butter with every meal?

Seriously though, just track everything for a week or so and see what happens. You may not be getting quite as many calories as you think on your FDs.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 09:11 AM   #3

Gallery: TallToriV
Stats: 192/179/145 ~ 5'10"
WOE: JUDD with low-mod carbs
Start Date: 1/17/12
How carby are you currently? That would be my first question. Also, what kind of exercise are you doing? Maybe you could build some muscle mass by upping your carbs and doing some focused exercises.
TallToriV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 09:11 AM   #4

Oooh, also what Dawn said. I bet she's right!
Old 01-26-2012, 09:12 AM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: LadyKT
Stats: 159/153/125 - 5'3"
WOE: Ah Ah Ah Ah Stayin' Alive, Stayin' Alive.
Am I the only one who wishes she had this problem?

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say maybe try upping the DD cals? Did you reconfigure your needs and use the highest percentage for maintenance? I know i'm still new, but i'm learning!

Hope that helps!
LadyKT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 09:15 AM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: jem51
Stats: oh so happy at 120
WOE: Mine, all mine
Start Date: controlled carb '97-98
I'm formulating an experiment for that very reason BUT will hopefully still have the health benefits from DD.

I am going to try fat fasting on my DD's.
I don't know if anyone has tried it since most want to lose, so we'll see.
Today will be the first day. I'll keep you posted.
jem51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 09:19 AM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
Seriously though, just track everything for a week or so and see what happens. You may not be getting quite as many calories as you think on your FDs.
I will definitely start tracking. In a way I'm afraid to see just how high some of my FDs are, lol, but apparently my body could use those calories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallToriV View Post
How carby are you currently? That would be my first question. Also, what kind of exercise are you doing? Maybe you could build some muscle mass by upping your carbs and doing some focused exercises.
Less refined carbs than when I first started JUDDD. I'll start tracking what I eat better and see how it looks.

I'm still not exercising. I will have to start this soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKT View Post

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say maybe try upping the DD cals? Did you reconfigure your needs and use the highest percentage for maintenance? I know i'm still new, but i'm learning!

Hope that helps!
The only thing I fear about upping my DD calories are that I might reach a point where SIRT1 lowers or shuts off, however that works. I need him for the health benefits such as reduced allergies, lol.

Come to think of it, I read about someone on another forum (can't remember where) who said they eat 1000 calorie DD and had no problems. As long as the calorie gap between the UD/DD was wide, it still helped them.

Thanks guys for these suggestions!
Old 01-26-2012, 09:27 AM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem51 View Post
I'm formulating an experiment for that very reason BUT will hopefully still have the health benefits from DD.

I am going to try fat fasting on my DD's.
I don't know if anyone has tried it since most want to lose, so we'll see.
Today will be the first day. I'll keep you posted.
Hi Jem, good to see you again

Are you also losing more than you wanted?

I'm not sure I could eat only fat on DDs, but I'll look forward to seeing your results.
Old 01-26-2012, 10:09 AM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yes, I do tend to keep losing and I enjoy LC eating, do better healthwise so carbing out is not an option....plus I feel completely crappy when I eat grain/starch/processed food.

I don't really know if it will be more difficult to eat fatty foods all day. It may be easier if it is more satisfying.

I created a food list and made a couple items to have handy;
Clouds (remember those?)
Peanut butter/coconut oil bark
Broth w half an avo chunks
Cream in coffee
Cream and an egg yolk to make up an egg nog
Sour cream w a little sweetener and flavor or stirred into broth.

I did not sweeten the clouds or peanut butter bark too much since I don't want the temptation of overeating.

If this goes well, I will pick up some brie just for variation.

I tried to make items around 100-200 cal range for ease (and I do not like to count).

As I look at my food choices, it doesn't seem that it will be any more difficult than a LF DD and may be more satisfying.

I'll let you know how it went tomorrow.
Old 01-26-2012, 10:09 AM   #10
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Sophie, track those FD calories. You will be very surprised that you probably aren't eating up to your UD ceiling. This is what happened to me just recently when I decided to just "see" how many FD calories I was eating. I was down by 400 calories below my UD calories.

You can also up your DD calories like I have. With my FDs now and an UD calorie limit of 750 I'm maintaining my weight between 133 and 135.

Here is a thread about what happened to me and suggests I got to help: Playing Around With The Calories

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 10:14 AM   #11
Blabbermouth!!!

Be honest, do I look "too thin" at this weight or am I carrying it well? I still have toning aplenty to do. The jeans help hold in the excess in my trouble zones.

Old 01-26-2012, 10:16 AM   #12
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem51 View Post
Yes, I do tend to keep losing and I enjoy LC eating, do better healthwise so carbing out is not an option....plus I feel completely crappy when I eat grain/starch/processed food.

I don't really know if it will be more difficult to eat fatty foods all day. It may be easier if it is more satisfying.

I created a food list and made a couple items to have handy;
Clouds (remember those?)
Peanut butter/coconut oil bark
Broth w half an avo chunks
Cream in coffee
Cream and an egg yolk to make up an egg nog
Sour cream w a little sweetener and flavor or stirred into broth.

I did not sweeten the clouds or peanut butter bark too much since I don't want the temptation of overeating.

If this goes well, I will pick up some brie just for variation.

I tried to make items around 100-200 cal range for ease (and I do not like to count).

As I look at my food choices, it doesn't seem that it will be any more difficult than a LF DD and may be more satisfying.

I'll let you know how it went tomorrow.
OK, I see what you mean. That doesn't look bad at all. I guess when I hear "fat fast" I think about just eating globs of fat all day. Downing spoons of oil or eating only bacon and eggs, lol.
Old 01-26-2012, 10:18 AM   #13
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
I think you look wonderful as is!! I would try to stay at your weight now, if you can. You have a GREAT shape and look "healthy" to me, JUDDD BUDDD!!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 10:19 AM   #14
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb View Post
Sophie, track those FD calories. You will be very surprised that you probably aren't eating up to your UD ceiling. This is what happened to me just recently when I decided to just "see" how many FD calories I was eating. I was down by 400 calories below my UD calories.

You can also up your DD calories like I have. With my FDs now and an UD calorie limit of 750 I'm maintaining my weight between 133 and 135.

Here is a thread about what happened to me and suggests I got to help: Playing Around With The Calories
Thanks for the suggestions, Beeb. I do remember you had trouble with stopping weight loss as well. I will read your thread and look over the suggestions. I don't mind maintaining at this lower weight, but if I get below the mid 130s, I think I will be too little for my height and build.

Last edited by sophiethecat; 01-26-2012 at 10:32 AM..
Old 01-26-2012, 10:30 AM   #15

I don't think you look too thin - you are an hourglass at the early part of the hour, if you hear what I'm saying!! LOL.

I really think focusing on exercise would help. You'd be amazed at how much muscle weighs; plus it would bring your appetite up without increasing cravings for bad things. If muscle weighs more than fat, and we have little muscle and lose our fat, it stands to reason that there'd be nothing left! I absolutely abhor the gym and won't go into one, but there are tons of other things that would build muscle and appetite up.
Old 01-26-2012, 10:58 AM   #16
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You look fabulous!
Old 01-26-2012, 11:57 AM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: moonmirror
Stats: 211/196.6/150
Start Date: 12/08/14
You look "just right."
moonmirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 11:59 AM   #18
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
You look smokin'! I don't know much about JUDDD maint, but maybe have less an extreme difference between up and down day calories?
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 12:46 PM   #19
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Sophie, you look marvelous! But I agree you do not need to lose any more weight. Validate those unregulated FDs - as was said, with appetite suppression in place, you may be eating less than you think you are. WHAT a problem!

Jem, I am fat fasting on most DDs with a ceiling of 500 - 600 calories. Hate to say it, but it may not slow down your weight loss. It is sure helping me lose weight. (I find I now tolerate carbs just fine, but like you I feel really good eating lc or vlc.)
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 01:34 PM   #20
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sungoddess
WOE: Perfect Health Diet/JUDDD
Start Date: LC;HCG; 1/19/12/JUDDD; 1/13/13 PHD/JUDDD
You looking perfect!! ( I am envious).
sungoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 01:45 PM   #21

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
I agree. You look amazing. If anything eat a bit more, build a little more muscle, which of course, will require you to eat EVEN MORE! It's a catch 22 I suppose, but we all must sacrifice somewhere!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 02:12 PM   #22
the condiment queen

Gallery: pooticus
Stats: 314/220.4/150
WOE: PersonalPlan
Start Date: Nov.20, 2007 (restart)
Are you still taking the Metformin? Maybe monitor your blood sugars closely. Could be that the combination of the Met and the JUDDD is contributing and maybe you could cut back on the Met?
pooticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 04:00 PM   #23

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Sophie ... you look wonderful. Whatever you decide will be fine.

At 64 I have got the shape back but my skin doesn't fit any more
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 04:01 PM   #24
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
you look lovely Sophie! A perfect, slender hour glass! I agree you certainly shouldnt lose any more...I think your goal of 140-145 is ideal for you.
hugs
jo
x
Joedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 04:33 PM   #25
Blabbermouth!!!

Thank you, Everyone! I sincerely mean it. Your comments have made me look at my current weight in a different, more positive way. I will write more later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooticus View Post
Are you still taking the Metformin? Maybe monitor your blood sugars closely. Could be that the combination of the Met and the JUDDD is contributing and maybe you could cut back on the Met?
Yes, and I started monitoring my bs after MKT started a thread on it the other day. It reminded me of what I had intended to do all along - monitor. So far, my bs at one and two hours after eating have been very good. After today's large lunch, it was 93 at one hour and 93 at two hours!

What you said about Metformin startled me into a realization of something that was in the back of my mind but I hadn't started to think on too hard just yet... Metformin.

If anyone is wondering, that is partly why I am so cautious about losing too much weight and being worried I look unhealthy and skeletal. Because back in my early 30s when I first went on Met, it caused me to not have much appetite and when I did eat, I would be full right away. It caused me to have TMI issues, and it caused me to lose FAR too much weight.

Back then, I saw the weight I'm at now, and I saw it drop much lower too. I could go back in time with each weigh-in, it seemed. "This is how much I weighed at 16... this is how much I weighed between 8th grade and my freshman year..." You get the idea. I didn't know what to do about it and thought it would eventually stop.

Well, I was headed toward my weight in junior high, which didn't look pretty on a 30-some year old woman who was normally at least in the upper 130s... I knew it had to be the Metformin and wanted to reduce my dosage. I went to the doctor and when I told him how much weight I'd lost, he was alarmed, and started scribbling a quick calculation on a notepad. He determined the % of weight I'd lost (enough to cause cessation of my periods) and told me to indeed back off the Metformin.

I did, and was able to regain to a healthy weight. Unfortunately, I got tangled up in a mess with SSRIs a couple times after that, and then I had the opposite problem of gaining like mad and nothing would take the weight off! (except going off the SSRI).

Anyway, through my recent drop in weight on JUDDD, I have maintained a healthy appetite, even with what I think are GB issues at times (and by the way, the ultrasound showed everything is normal. And while I'm happy for that, I'm also at a loss about what to do next - just live waiting for "the big one" - an acute attack? I hope not. I want to keep my GB. Of course I don't want the illness and ache I feel at times, but anyway that's another subject.)

So with that healthy appetite I've been having, I didn't think of it being the Met since before it took away appetite. But since I'd rather not lose anymore weight, just in case Met is also at work here, I am going to reduce my dosage to 2 x daily (1000 mg) instead of 3 x daily. (1500 mg). That is what the doc had me do back in the day.

I just felt like dejavu and yet I couldn't quite believe I was reliving this from seven years ago - the constant drop, drop, drop and the way it made me look and feel by the end of it all.

Of course, right now I feel great. I think this is the weight for me. Anywhere between the mid 130s to mid 140s I can be healthy and happy.

Thanks for bringing that up, Poot. I do think JUDDD is a powerhouse of weight loss and is probably helping the Met work in hyper-mode.

I will let Everyone know if my weight stabilizes now. As I said, your comments have helped me see my new weight in a more positive way. If I can get it to stop here, I know I will look fine - not too skinny, but healthy and fine for my build, size, shape.

Thanks again.

Last edited by sophiethecat; 01-26-2012 at 05:01 PM..
Old 01-26-2012, 05:13 PM   #26
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh, I didn't realize Met was on board. Probably time to start weaning. Good for you!!
Old 01-26-2012, 05:45 PM   #27
Blabbermouth!!!

With my calorie estimates, I am at 2,000 and quite full!

Perhaps I WAS eating less calories than I realized on some of my FDs (even though on MUDDD there was FD eating each day). But I know there were as many days where I was eating thousands of calories. Had to be, because on MUDDD, my FDs last for a whole day and then carry over into the next day too!

Here's what I had today, and it was actually more than I felt like eating:

2 c. tilapia/shrimp/cabbage & veggie/egg/fried rice
1 c. garden salad, 1/2 c. reg. cottage cheese, 2 T. evoo, 2 T. Ranch
1/2 c. Breyer's Mint Choc. Chip ice cream
2 glasses Burgundy (good ol' appetite stimulater, the wine she is!
1/2 slice cherry cheesecake
1/2 c. fried pork
1/2 c. red beans & rice
1 cup ratatouille (has lots of cheese)
3/4 c. whole milk plain yogurt and blackberries

Approx. 2000 cal.

I intend to continue this FD tomorrow until later in the day, so this count, though interrupted by sleep, isn't done yet!

Last edited by sophiethecat; 01-26-2012 at 06:42 PM..
Old 01-26-2012, 06:10 PM   #28
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: itsmeshelly01
Stats: 260/150/162
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: eating lowcarb since 2005
I hope to have your problem soon Sophie! And you look wonderful!
itsmeshelly01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 06:18 PM   #29
_catzy_

Gallery: Bonnie
WOE: Low Carb Maintenance
You look great!
Bonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 06:34 PM   #30
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: theredhead
Stats: 229/152/150
WOE: Atkins/hCG/maintaining EASILY with JUDDD
Start Date: 09/04/03
Your shape is gorgeous, Sophie. I'm sure you'll figure this one out.
theredhead is offline   Reply With Quote