Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2012, 06:04 PM   #31
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: julietcc
Stats: JUDDD - 118.6/112/112-115 highest weight 194 5'4"
WOE: Atkins, then JUDDD
Start Date: Started JUDDD 10/26/11
You look really great! I count my UDs because I kept losing and I needed to know how many calories I was eating. You only do 2 UDs/week? I average about 3. Maybe 2 would be better if I start losing again. I also upped my DD calories to stop losing. Adding muscle will help. That's what I'm trying to do right now.
julietcc is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-27-2012, 02:49 AM   #32
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Does anyone join me in finding these 'how do I stop losing???' threads extraordinarily inspirational?

I feel for our poor, skinny friends. I really do. Underweight is not healthy. But I kinda hope I have that problem someday!!
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 04:47 AM   #33
MLE
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MLE
Stats: 175/140/130 5'5"
WOE: Atkins/Crackin'
Start Date: June 2010/New start in 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post
Does anyone join me in finding these 'how do I stop losing???' threads extraordinarily inspirational?

I feel for our poor, skinny friends. I really do. Underweight is not healthy. But I kinda hope I have that problem someday!!
ABSOLUTELY!!
MLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 05:54 AM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betty301
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLE View Post
ABSOLUTELY!!
here here!

you look awesome Sophie..I think some 'toning,' would be good for you. A lot of women don't want to lift because they are afraid of getting 'bulky or too big.' That simply doesn't happen because, um, we're not Men!!!

you don't want to be 'skinny fat.'
betty301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 06:31 AM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: synger
Stats: Start: 310 Current: 259
WOE: Calorie and carb counting, IR Diet framework
Start Date: IR/PCOS: Dx pre-diabetic 3/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by jem51 View Post
I'm formulating an experiment for that very reason BUT will hopefully still have the health benefits from DD.

I am going to try fat fasting on my DD's.
I don't know if anyone has tried it since most want to lose, so we'll see.
Today will be the first day. I'll keep you posted.
I have done fat fasts on DDs a couple of times. Cream in coffee, cream cheese, macadamia nuts, avocado, eggs in butter.... When I do that I find it much easier to eat 100 calories here and 100 calories there to make my 500 for the day, rather than saving it all for one meal in the evening. But I find fat to be very satisfying.
synger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 07:51 AM   #36
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by TallToriV View Post
I don't think you look too thin - you are an hourglass at the early part of the hour, if you hear what I'm saying!! LOL.
Love the way you put that, lol. Yes, and I'm one of those rare types who wouldn't mind losing a little more inch-wise in that "early hour", but we'll see what happens as I get toned up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallToriV View Post
I really think focusing on exercise would help. You'd be amazed at how much muscle weighs; plus it would bring your appetite up without increasing cravings for bad things. If muscle weighs more than fat, and we have little muscle and lose our fat, it stands to reason that there'd be nothing left! I absolutely abhor the gym and won't go into one, but there are tons of other things that would build muscle and appetite up.
I have determined to stop putting it off and just get back into some exercise - ANYTHING at all would be more than I'm currently doing. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
You look smokin'! I don't know much about JUDDD maint, but maybe have less an extreme difference between up and down day calories?
Thanks, Dot. I am afraid to have too little gap between the days for fear of neutralizing the JUDDD "magic", but maybe I can raise DD just a little.

Quote:
Sophie, you look marvelous! But I agree you do not need to lose any more weight. Validate those unregulated FDs - as was said, with appetite suppression in place, you may be eating less than you think you are. WHAT a problem!
Thank you, and I have started tracking FDs to make sure I'm eating enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
I agree. You look amazing. If anything eat a bit more, build a little more muscle, which of course, will require you to eat EVEN MORE! It's a catch 22 I suppose, but we all must sacrifice somewhere!
Thank you, Dawn. I have decided to exercise. I know I will feel and look better and then that will make me want to do it more, which is a good thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by julietcc View Post
You look really great! I count my UDs because I kept losing and I needed to know how many calories I was eating. You only do 2 UDs/week? I average about 3. Maybe 2 would be better if I start losing again. I also upped my DD calories to stop losing. Adding muscle will help. That's what I'm trying to do right now.
Thank you, Julie. I started doing 2 regular DD per week this month. Before I was doing MUDDD where I didn't have an actual full DD, but there was always FD eating later in the DD. Most of my days were FD, lol. I will up my DD calories a bit and see what happens. Yes, I will need to add muscle. You are inspiring with your exercise enthusiasm.
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 08:04 AM   #37
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLE View Post
ABSOLUTELY!!
You guys are cracking me up! I'm going to kick the whoosh fairy out my door and send her packing to you guys, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by betty301 View Post
here here!

you look awesome Sophie..I think some 'toning,' would be good for you. A lot of women don't want to lift because they are afraid of getting 'bulky or too big.' That simply doesn't happen because, um, we're not Men!!!

you don't want to be 'skinny fat.'
Thank you, Betty. I will start toning, and I have always liked using heavier weights like 10# dumbells because I see faster toning results with them (and no huge, bulky muscles). I have to go buy some weights though because all I have right now are like 3# ones.
Old 01-27-2012, 08:11 AM   #38
Blabbermouth!!!

135# today - another new low, and that was after my 2000 calorie FD.

I am not freaking out about it like I was yesterday, lol, as you all have helped me see that I still look healthy and normal at this weight, and it suits me just fine. Thank you all for your comments.

Perhaps the 130s is where my body is most comfortable now, and prefers not to carry too much extra fat since I have IR and issues like that. I have been everywhere from 132 to 138 at times during my adult life and been healthy and happy (it was only going lower that scared me and seeing more dropping of weight than I intended this week reminded me of that time in my life when I was literally shrinking away), I just never stayed there for long until I was back in the 140s, so I thought that was my "set point". Anyway, I will be lowering my "set-point" again as I call it, to accommodate these new lows yet again.

Last edited by sophiethecat; 01-27-2012 at 08:47 AM..
Old 01-27-2012, 11:05 AM   #39
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vilanteira
Stats: in maintenance
WOE: juddd/lower carb
Start Date: low carb: 2008, juddd: 10/24/11
Sophie, I so envy your slim hourglass figure, especially since I'm like the reverse hourglass with my belly being the largest part! You are not too skinny but at pretty much a perfect size I think, so I don't think you need to lose any more, but maybe you're also right that your body wants to be a touch lower than you're currently at for your set point. Unfortunately I don't have any good advice since I've never had the problem of having to curb weight loss, but do keep us updated on what you decide to do and what works out!

I'm not sure since I don't visit other parts of the LCF much but I think the JUDDD section might be the only section where there's a good number of people losing too much and trying to stop the weight loss is an actual concern.

Last edited by vilanteira; 01-27-2012 at 11:06 AM..
vilanteira is offline   Reply With Quote