Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   do I have to eat more? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/755062-do-i-have-eat-more.html)

Jenn1225 01-25-2012 08:05 PM

do I have to eat more?

How close do I need to be to my UD calories? I'm over 600 away right now.

piratejenny 01-25-2012 09:25 PM

no, you don't. at least not every day!
:)

Tyl 01-25-2012 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piratejenny (Post 15362150)
no, you don't. at least not every day!
:)

yup. what Jenny said. i wouldn't force myself.

MintQ8 01-26-2012 03:27 AM

If you're truly not hungry and you've eaten well all day - then I wouldn't push it.

However, if you've been restricting yourself and not eating to satiety at each meal - or having a snack if you want one - then I would say you need to look at how you're approaching your UD.

If this is just a one off day - and you weren't particularly hungry - no probs again.

However, if it happens every UD - you may need to refocus on ways of getting some extra cals. Looking at your weight - I imagine your UD cals are around 1700-1800?? If you're only eating 1200 or so on your UD - it's probably not enough IMO to really make JUDDD a truly comfortable way of losing weight.

Good luck!

gotsomeold 01-26-2012 03:46 AM

What Mint said.

UD calories are meant to bring your body out of stress response. If you take in too little on a series of UDs, your metabolism will slow down and the magic will either slow down or go away.

Look yesterday over. Figure out how to add calories tomorrow.

Do some UDs end up being low? Giggle, they do for some of us. I have the same problem: it's 08:00 PM and I should eat how many more calories?????

piratejenny 01-26-2012 05:10 AM

Glad some people jumped in here to elaborate!
I just wanted to give Jenn a quick answer since it was getting so late.
Seriously wanted to explain better but couldn't put another sentence together! :laugh:

Jenn1225 01-26-2012 05:17 AM

Thank you guys. I think my problem is that I'm so scared to eat too much during the day and ruin my counts, that I barely eat anything.

I was only at 200calories going into dinner so I had a lot of catching up to do in such a short time. I'll need to learn how to spread my calories out more during the day.

Jenn1225 01-26-2012 05:19 AM

I wanted to add that it's incredibly funny that I had to force myself to eat something else last night. I was laughing as I was making my stomach explode, which ended up hurting a little because I was so full, which made me want to cry, which in turn made me want to laugh more. I came within 300 calories and decided that it'd never be like that again lol but so funny

theredhead 01-26-2012 07:09 AM

You just need to learn to pace yourself through the day. I have found that if I start eating too early, I have trouble NOT going OVER my calorie allotment, but everyone is different. I like to have extra calories left over after dinner so I can have dessert and still snack a little if I want to. You'll figure out what works for you. JUDDD is so forgiving, if you don't do well one day, you can still start over the next. :hugs:

Bonnie 01-26-2012 07:20 AM

I never force myself to eat but I do try to get as close to my numbers as I can. I eat B L and D and allow for a snack if I need one on UDs, usually just L & D on DDs. I rarely eat after 6 pm, but that is just how I prefer to do it.

sophiethecat 01-26-2012 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenn1225 (Post 15362439)
Thank you guys. I think my problem is that I'm so scared to eat too much during the day and ruin my counts, that I barely eat anything.

I was only at 200calories going into dinner so I had a lot of catching up to do in such a short time. I'll need to learn how to spread my calories out more during the day.

Oh no, Jenn, do not worry like that. EAT. :hugs: It's OK to go over a little on your UD calories. What I mean is, nobody can land on say, 1,800 exactly UD after UD and you shouldn't stress yourself like that. Try to eat up to your calories each time. It's OK if this means you are eating later in the evening than you are used to. It doesn't matter on JUDDD.

If you truly can't bear the thought of anything else in your stomach, it's fine to be short on an UD sometimes, but don't do this all the time. You want a big swing between calories in UD/DD.

Some people like to portion out a certain amount of calories per meal, which helps them stay on track on an UD or a DD. Saving the biggest number of calories for say, the evening meal, or a social function.

There is a thread somewhere not too long ago about what to do to get some extra calories in when you still have hundreds to go. I'll try to look it up for you today.

Beeb 01-26-2012 08:41 AM

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ju...gotta-eat.html This may help. :hugs:

MintQ8 01-26-2012 01:04 PM

Thanks Beeb!! Can always rely on you to find the right thread!!