Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   I have a timing problem! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/755024-i-have-timing-problem.html)

moonmirror 01-25-2012 12:04 PM

I have a timing problem!

Ok, so this weekend;

Saturday is a football day, which I don't care about.

Sunday is a ski day, which I DO care about.

When we ski, I never, ever eat "on plan." Its a TON of exercise. As a family we eat what we want on ski days and never have a problem with it.

Enter JUDDD. Obviously I didn't plan this out well: today is DD, Thurs UD, Fri DD, Sat UD, SUNDAY DOWN DAY? Oh no no no. Sunday can't even be medium day. Sunday will be more like a free day.

So what do I do? Two down days in a row; Friday and Saturday?

MintQ8 01-25-2012 12:21 PM

So this is your current plan

Today DD
Thurs: UD
Fri: DD
Sat: UD
Sun: DD

I would do the following:

Thurs: UD
Fri: DD
Sat: MD
Sun: UD

or

Thurs: MD
Fri: UD
Sat: DD
Sun: UD

Whichever works better for you!

moonmirror 01-25-2012 12:33 PM

Thanks Vicky. I think I will do MD Thursday (tomorrow) since Sunday will be a higher calorie day and that means Saturday should be a good DD.

sophiethecat 01-25-2012 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moonmirror (Post 15360853)
Thanks Vicky. I think I will do MD Thursday (tomorrow) since Sunday will be a higher calorie day and that means Saturday should be a good DD.

:up:

Kissa 01-25-2012 12:47 PM

See? It works.

LadyKT 01-25-2012 12:53 PM

Silly question, but can you do two UDs in a row? Like have both Sat & Sun as UD's as long as Monday's a DD?

Also, could you do a DD, MD, UD rotation on the weekend or would that not work because there's not a big enough calorie deficit in those days?

MintQ8 01-25-2012 12:58 PM

LadyKT

both would work for me!

LadyKT 01-25-2012 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MintQ8 (Post 15360935)
LadyKT

both would work for me!

Oh, okay! Thx Vicky!

gotsomeold 01-26-2012 12:41 AM

It really is best to avoid two or more DDs in a row - you risk tripping over the edge into the slowed metabolism and lowered energy levels of starvation mode.

It is much better to alter your rotation with a MD, or to have two UDs in a row. As you get used to how your body works, you will learn which choice is best for you. So, you will be ready the next time you have a bobble in the road.

moonmirror 01-26-2012 07:12 AM

MD should be interesting today. Do I average out the calories? Seems they would still be quite low, if I did that!

I'll need to know if its an "eat sweets" or "avoid sweets" day, its pretty easy to do a DD without goodies, I've found.

On my DD's it seems I can only eat twice in the day; and very lowfat/lowcalorie, so maybe I will just add another of the same kind of meal.

MintQ8 01-27-2012 03:03 AM

Sounds like a plan!

Yep average out your cals so 500+? and /2 (or you can use your lower amount for DD if you want)

Sweets or not = your decision!!