Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   I'm still not losing =\ (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/755004-im-still-not-losing.html)

Jenn1225 01-25-2012 09:11 AM

I'm still not losing =\

ok I've been at this since Jan 4th and I am still at 175. I did the normal water weight gain after jumping from LC, lost it, had a day where I dropped to 170 (happened to be a UD.. and I celebrated a little too hard...lol). After my "celebration" I jumped back up to 175. I've been watching my calories like a hawk but now I'm stuck like I was on LC at 175 >.< It's like my body is "putting it's foot down."

I only had about 250 calories yesterday and was horrified when I woke up, all excited to see what that got me, only to find that the scale read the same number as it did the day before.

I'm of course going to keep trying, atleast for a little while. Whats the alternative? - I could give up dieting all together and gain my weight back? Though going back to LC to see if JUDDD possibly broke my stall is an idea, i just dont want to :(.

I'll admit for the sake of accuracy that my first few UD's were a complete binge fest. Maybe I just haven't balanced my diet enough to make this work? I don't know.. what do you guys think?

Dee1904 01-25-2012 09:26 AM

Are you tracking your UD calories? I know this plan for me was very appealing because of the junk food factor potential but after looking at the calories in cookies, etc I have made the decision not to eat them because I want dinner or lunch that day rather than 2 cookies or a tiny piece of cake.

sophiethecat 01-25-2012 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenn1225 (Post 15360092)
ok I've been at this since Jan 4th and I am still at 175. I did the normal water weight gain after jumping from LC, lost it, had a day where I dropped to 170 (happened to be a UD.. and I celebrated a little too hard...lol). After my "celebration" I jumped back up to 175. I've been watching my calories like a hawk but now I'm stuck like I was on LC at 175 >.< It's like my body is "putting it's foot down."

I only had about 250 calories yesterday and was horrified when I woke up, all excited to see what that got me, only to find that the scale read the same number as it did the day before.

I'm of course going to keep trying, atleast for a little while. Whats the alternative? - I could give up dieting all together and gain my weight back? Though going back to LC to see if JUDDD possibly broke my stall is an idea, i just dont want to :(.

I'll admit for the sake of accuracy that my first few UD's were a complete binge fest. Maybe I just haven't balanced my diet enough to make this work? I don't know.. what do you guys think?

I'm sorry you're not seeing a loss yet, Jenn. :console: Don't give up yet, though. I'm glad you posted this and let us know so we can help you.

Can we take a look at your UD calories and height, etc., if you don't mind posting the basic info you put in the JUDDD calculator?

Knittering 01-25-2012 09:40 AM

Man, that sucks! I feel for you!

Can you give us some more info? What are your UD calories? What's your activity level? What's a typical UD menu like for you? And how quickly did you lose your first 75 pounds? Congrats on that, BTW -- that is a lot of weight to have dropped!!

Jenn1225 01-25-2012 10:51 AM

I'll give you guys any stats you want! lol I just want to know what I'm doing wrong =\.

So i'm 26, and between 5'11 and 6'. I rounded my UD cals to 2k because they were so close anyway but I never come close to the 500 cals I can do on a DD.

Quote:

What's a typical UD menu like for you? And how quickly did you lose your first 75 pounds? Congrats on that, BTW -- that is a lot of weight to have dropped!!
I can't say for sure what a typical UD is for me because I only started reeeally watching them day before yesterday because I hadn't gotten out of this stall yet. The other day though, according to ************ I ate just under 2k, then about 250 yesterday. I say about because of coffee creamer (10cals/tsp) and I rounded up a bit generously on that, but I had 180 foodwise.

I lost the 75 in small increments over a 2 year span. I kept taking lonnnng breaks off atkins lol. If I were to smush the time together I'd say a year.

Thank you so much, I do feel very accomplished to have made such a huge dent in my weight. I just need to lose a smidge more and they are the most stubborn pounds ever.

HotMommy 01-25-2012 11:56 AM

I'm a newbie myself less than a week in and the scale is jumping all over the place it might just take some time to warm up to, I'd give it the full induction before making a decision. Also, if you don't already, start measuring the scale doesn't give accurate information :)

Knittering 01-25-2012 12:46 PM

Quote:

I can't say for sure what a typical UD is for me because I only started reeeally watching them day before yesterday because I hadn't gotten out of this stall yet.
Okay, so my first recommendation would be to start logging every.single.thing you eat into myfitnespal or myfatsecret or another tracking site. I know I was shocked the first time I tracked my calories just to see what my intake was. Portion sizes were MUCH smaller than I realized and I was eating almost twice as much as I thought I was! My "1TB" of peanutbutter alone was over 500 calories!

And remember that with JUDDD, the scale bounces all over the place for a lot of people.

mayleesa 01-25-2012 03:59 PM

it def takes more than a few weeks to see results....i'm slow goin but i'm 8 weeks today and down 12lbs....and the scale she does bounce, but i've had to take a GOOD HARD LOOK at my ud's and TRACK every thing cuz as they've said, my 1 serving of things like pb are WAY higher than i ever thought possible....i have to stick 1700-1800 UD and less than 500 DD...or i won't lose....hope this helps!

itsmeshelly01 01-25-2012 04:54 PM

I agree to just keep at it and really start tracking everything. I was going way overboard on nuts. Now I have them measured out into baggie instead of just mindlessly eating them out of the can. I have been doing juddd since Christmas and just now really starting to hit my stride and starting to lose a little. My body had to adjust to eating carbs again to after being low carb for 7 years. I don't even care of I don't lose anymore. Im enjoying being able to eat normally. It's totally worth it.

gotsomeold 01-26-2012 01:07 AM

We really do live in a world of hidden calories. Spend a few days tracking and prepare to be amazed.

Also, this is a great opportunity to learn a lot more about how your body processes food. I came from lc with a very damaged carb metabolism. And I discovered, after that old JUDDD magic was in place and I was losing on DDs that eating carbs on UD still sent my weight up-up-and-away. I reduced carbs for a few weeks then tried again. Whatever adjustment my bod was making had finished. These days I go up less than a pound on UD (and I eat to my UD limit :clap:).

You have done so very well already. Give yourself time to convert to JUDDD. This woe is fabulous.