Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2012, 09:52 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: anewme76
HEEELLLPPP!

Hi Everyone!

I'm new here and after completing a round of HCG and losing 15lbs I decided I needed a plan I could stick with long term. I would like to only lose 10 - 15 more and stumbled upon JUDDD. I started exactly one week ago and I'm losing my mind and have been gaining steadily since starting. I have never seen a loss at all in the 7 days. I'm not sure where to go from here and whether to decrease/increase my UD calories (currently 1840) or decrease/increase by DD cals (currently 500). My stats are below and I'm trying to stick with this but I don't want to gain all the weight back that I lost doing HCG. I'm getting very nervous. I'm hearing people are bouncing up and down and around but I seem to be only gaining. I also have read about the reintroduction of carbs and the water weight gain and am thinking that may be the culprit but shouldn't I see a loss on DD's at least? I'm confused....

35 yo
5'6"
currently 173.4lbs as of this morning
anewme76 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-2012, 10:07 AM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MintQ8
Stats: 267.6/257/140
WOE: JUDDD/Paul McKenna
Start Date: 9 Nov 2014
Your numbers do seem right - although there is some debate that suggests that the numbers given at the JUDDD site are a little higher than necessary. You could look at some other calculator sites (there's some links in a sticky at the top of the page). Edited to add - that I use the numbers at this site and am losing comfortably!

Also, I have read a few posts that seem to talk about what is happening to you. There was weight gain or practically no loss in the first 2 weeks and then it started coming off in week 3.

I don't know where it is but Beeb has a post about giving it a minimum of 2 weeks.

I just don't see how, in the long term that you can't not lose (hope there's no incorrect double negative there!!)

I'm sure that the reintroduction of carbs is indeed the culprit - and it is only that - water; it's not fat!!!
Old 01-25-2012, 10:33 AM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Hi Anewme! I think Mint is right, JUDDD just needs a little more time to get things going in some people, and 2 - 3 weeks is where many start losing.

Your calorie numbers look good to me. I am around the same age and height and used between 1700-1800 to lose.
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 11:06 AM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Thank you guys so much! I've been reading this but I just didn't want to have to start over and gain my hcg loss back. That is whats really scaring me....the feeling like i'm starting over part. Trying to learn persistence and patience.

Last edited by anewme76; 01-25-2012 at 11:07 AM.. Reason: missing word
Old 01-25-2012, 11:46 AM   #5
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Kiley2801
Did you do a strict P3 with no grains and starches after your P2?
Are you adding in starches now, after not eating them for a substantial period of time?

Either of those could show a gain on the scale.
Kiley2801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 11:50 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: oneoftwo
Stats: 146/120/120 (maintain 118-120max) 5'3.5"
WOE: Atkins/HCG one round to goal/JUDDD to maintain
I did HCG (1 round) to get to goal and then did P3 and moved to P4 and JUDDD to maintain. I added in all foods and have not gained only maintained.

Did you do P3 or P4? How long was your round?

I feel I have been very stable and reset from my hcg round but I also did a very long P2 round of 40 days
oneoftwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 11:53 AM   #7
Junior LCF Member

No strict P3.....no p4 at all.... Only did 1 week of p3 so that may account for it as well. No gain from LDW for that one week of P3 but immediate 1.6lb gain after one day of JUDDD. Wonder if I should just do another round of HCG (23 days) and do a strict p3/p4. I was just ready to eat normal again and was looking for an easy way out I guess....(sigh)
Old 01-25-2012, 11:59 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: oneoftwo
Stats: 146/120/120 (maintain 118-120max) 5'3.5"
WOE: Atkins/HCG one round to goal/JUDDD to maintain
How long was your P2 round? So you are only up 1.6lbs from LDW?

I would give it some time and I think you will be ok
oneoftwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 12:08 PM   #9
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by anewme76 View Post
Thank you guys so much! I've been reading this but I just didn't want to have to start over and gain my hcg loss back. That is whats really scaring me....the feeling like i'm starting over part. Trying to learn persistence and patience.
I also think you will be fine with another week or two. You came off a Hcg regimen (which I barely know anything about) but your body is now "shifting gears" so to speak with this new woe. There are processes going on that involve fluids (water) and metabolism and more, as all systems try to make sense of this new woe. JUDDD gives the body a lot of confusion (but in a good way).

You lost 15# recently (congrats!!) and your body needs time to process this and gear up for more loss. Our bodies don't like giving up fat stores, but JUDDD knows how to talk bodies into it very sweetly yet persuasively, lol.

MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!

Last edited by sophiethecat; 01-25-2012 at 12:13 PM..
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 12:18 PM   #10
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Kiley2801
Quote:
No strict P3.....no p4 at all.... Only did 1 week of p3 so that may account for it as well. No gain from LDW for that one week of P3 but immediate 1.6lb gain after one day of JUDDD. Wonder if I should just do another round of HCG (23 days) and do a strict p3/p4. I was just ready to eat normal again and was looking for an easy way out I guess....(sigh)
Maybe keep doing JUDDD but abstain from starches for a couple weeks, then start to gradually add them in?
Kiley2801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 12:49 PM   #11
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneoftwo View Post
How long was your P2 round? So you are only up 1.6lbs from LDW?

I would give it some time and I think you will be ok
I completed a short round of p2 (23 days). I'm not up 6 lbs from LDW after 1 week of p3 (no gain) and 1 week of JUDDD (gained it all here). Yeah I will stick with it for at least another week or two.
Old 01-25-2012, 12:50 PM   #12
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiley2801 View Post
Maybe keep doing JUDDD but abstain from starches for a couple weeks, then start to gradually add them in?
This will be my next step if I don't see losses in my second week.
Old 01-25-2012, 01:06 PM   #13
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
I cannot address any HCG comments or concerns, but as to JUDDD, I believe you are set well for your calorie numbers and should expect to see true and actual fat loss happening, as shown on your scale readout, once your body has replenished its depleted carbohydrate reserves, and finished restoring the water weight pounds that accompany that carb-up process.

I truly believe that any weight gain you see is that regained water weight that accompanies our return to eating at a more moderate/higher carb level. Your HCG round depletes all of your glucogen stores, and a lot of your initial weight loss, those big numbers, is shed water as the glugogen is used up. Fat loss too, of course, but also pounds of water weight loss.

So, after you've regained that lost water weight, you should stabilize a bit more, and be better able to see the fat loss that is happening. In fact, my guess would be that you've lost some body fat just while doing your JUDDD so far, but you aren't able to tell that by the scale readout because it is being offset by water weight gain as far as your scale is showing.

Did you measure yourself before you started JUDDD? Those who go by measurements as well as just scale readouts, always report they are losing inches, even if the scale isn't showing them a reduction in pounds yet.

Just hang in there. And keep JUDDDing. You'll be one of the success stories here very shortly. I'm pretty convinced of that!
Old 01-25-2012, 01:15 PM   #14
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
I cannot address any HCG comments or concerns, but as to JUDDD, I believe you are set well for your calorie numbers and should expect to see true and actual fat loss happening, as shown on your scale readout, once your body has replenished its depleted carbohydrate reserves, and finished restoring the water weight pounds that accompany that carb-up process.

I truly believe that any weight gain you see is that regained water weight that accompanies our return to eating at a more moderate/higher carb level. Your HCG round depletes all of your glucogen stores, and a lot of your initial weight loss, those big numbers, is shed water as the glugogen is used up. Fat loss too, of course, but also pounds of water weight loss.

So, after you've regained that lost water weight, you should stabilize a bit more, and be better able to see the fat loss that is happening. In fact, my guess would be that you've lost some body fat just while doing your JUDDD so far, but you aren't able to tell that by the scale readout because it is being offset by water weight gain as far as your scale is showing.

Did you measure yourself before you started JUDDD? Those who go by measurements as well as just scale readouts, always report they are losing inches, even if the scale isn't showing them a reduction in pounds yet.

Just hang in there. And keep JUDDDing. You'll be one of the success stories here very shortly. I'm pretty convinced of that!
Unfortunately I didn't measure myself before starting Juddd but after HCG my clothes were definitely hanging loose on me and they still are fitting the same way which is surprising despite the 6 lb scale gain. I will definitely be hanging in there to see what this woe can do for me.

Thank you all again for the kind words and advice....it's a DD and my protein shake is calling me name...
Old 01-25-2012, 02:09 PM   #15

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/124.8/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
Quote:
I completed a short round of p2 (23 days). I'm not up 6 lbs from LDW after 1 week of p3 (no gain) and 1 week of JUDDD (gained it all here). Yeah I will stick with it for at least another week or two.
I highly suggest you stick to P3 for the 3 weeks. That will give your body time to stick with that LDW. In the event that you don't (you already didn't) do a full P3 before starting JUDDD, you really NEED to avoid the starch and sugar for the remainder of the time of P3. I hope you are doing so??!! Best of luck to you. I am on a round and will be following in your footsteps pretty soon! But I intend to do a full 3 weeks of P3 before making the switch. I want my body to be stable before I start something new.
Old 01-25-2012, 06:36 PM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: theredhead
Stats: 229/152/150
WOE: Atkins/hCG/maintaining EASILY with JUDDD
Start Date: 09/04/03
I hate to contradict Dawn, but I had just come off my umpteenth round of hCG and went straight to JUDDD this time. I've continued to lose weight and am below goal. Everyone is different, but I think you should give JUDDD more time. Be aware that the scales will bounce like crazy at first, but it does settle down. I eat a lot of carbs on some of my UDs now and I'm gaining less water weight than I was at first. I seriously doubt you'll keep gaining weight.
theredhead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 06:02 AM   #17

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/124.8/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
Nothing wrong with that Laurie!! I still love ya hon
dawnyama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 07:05 AM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: belfrybat
WOE: Lowish carb (formerly on Protein Power)
I did two rounds of h-HCG, and can attest that P3 is just as important as the P2. Do a clean P3 following Dr. Simeon's protocol. If you've gained more than 2 lbs, then follow his prescription for getting it off. Steak day, I believe? It's been a while. Seriously, why go through the expense (and pain) of P2 if you are going to blow P3? You can eat a lot of really delicious things on P3, then after you've stabilized your weight, come back to JUDDD for maintenance/ further loss. At this point, if you have gained 6 lbs. (I think that is what I'm reading?) then you probably won't get back down to LDW, but if you stabilize at your current weight, or a couple of pounds below, then JUDDD could help you take off the rest.
belfrybat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 08:04 AM   #19
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: theredhead
Stats: 229/152/150
WOE: Atkins/hCG/maintaining EASILY with JUDDD
Start Date: 09/04/03
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnyama View Post
Nothing wrong with that Laurie!! I still love ya hon
Back at ya', Dawn!
theredhead is online now   Reply With Quote