Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2012, 10:14 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: irene61189
Stats: 163/163/140
Start Date: 01/11/2012
this week's weigh in

Okay so last week I lost 0 pounds. Very disappointing but I decided that I would stick with it for a while longer.

Yesterday was week 2 weigh-in and ...... I lost 1.2 pounds. Still not great but I guess it's at least something.

I really think that years of low carbing did something to my metabolism. I am sure that some people will disagree but it really should not be this hard to lose. Even if you don't factor in the metabolic boost that you are supposed to get from this WOE, just the average calorie intake should be enough to make me lose more than a pound in two weeks. I was more careful with my calories this past week. My DD's were never more than about 300 calories as I did only liquids and although I'm sure that I went over my allotted calories on one of my UD's (Chinese buffet with my Aunt) the rest of them were within the correct range. I wouldn't think that one day would have such an affect.

I'm curious if anybody else thinks that long term LCing may cause this kind of an issue.
irene61189 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2012, 10:24 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Knittering
Stats: (250) 236/172/150 5'8
WOE: LC
Start Date: Restart: 2/18/13
I think you're doing great!
My first week, I gained three pounds.
My second week, I lost one, bringing me to a net +2.
From week three onwards, I've lost at least two pounds a week.
Stick with it!
Knittering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 10:30 AM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: SillverOrchid
Stats: Highest weight 214\209.5/180/155
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: May 13 Restart
My first week I lost 5.5, second week I gained 2, as of today I am finally moving down again.. today is a DD and TOM is almost gone so I am looking fwd to hopefully seeing the scale move! Hang in there, it will happen.
SillverOrchid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 11:23 AM   #4
WWC
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: WWC
Stats: size 14/size 14/size 10
WOE: high protein/lowcarb/JUDDD
Start Date: recommitted 1/12
Hugs to you. I am new so I have no experience to back this up, but if you know you are sticking to your calories then I would put the scale away for a month. Stay on plan. Come here, let us support you, and keep an eye on your clothes. I know a lot of people do great weighing, but for me when I'm not losing I get discouraged and when I do lose I am obsessed with the scale. To be perfectly honest I through my scale away a couple of years ago. Don't give up, just regroup.
WWC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 04:19 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gharkness
WOE: RNY Gastric Bypass 02-02-2007
Quote:
I'm curious if anybody else thinks that long term LCing may cause this kind of an issue.
I think you just need to give it more time. I have been LCing since 1999 but not having these issues. I think I'd be more likely to say JUDDD corrects some of the issues caused by long-term LC-ing.

I know it's frustrating, but the scale is extremely hyper (up and down, all over the place) on this WOE. If I were you (I don't weigh), I'd ignore it, and soldier on.
gharkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 05:14 AM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MintQ8
Stats: 267.6/257/140
WOE: JUDDD/Paul McKenna
Start Date: 9 Nov 2014
What are your UD cals?

However, you have lost something - a great start! Do you only weigh once a week? You may be on an Upward Bounce?
MintQ8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 07:04 AM   #7
Junior LCF Member

I try to keep my UD calories between 1700 and 1800 and I only weigh myself once a week after a DD. I will say that it's the first down day after the weekend and I always take my aunt to a Chinese buffet on Sunday (it's a tradition). On this one day, I don't count calories but I try not to go crazy and overstuff. I wonder if the msg/sodium might be making me retain water for a longer than normal time. Do you think it might be better to wait to weigh or does it really matter?
Old 01-25-2012, 07:19 AM   #8
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Hi, Irene. I know that you are feeling disappointed to have lost just 1.2 pounds, according to the scale, but I truly expect that your true weight loss isn't being reflected in what you are seeing on the scale at this early stage of JUDDD.

Having weighed after eating at a Chinese restaurant can easily have you up two pounds in water weight, just from MSG causing fluid retention. And Chinese is usually pretty carby too (yum), so that can also cause fluid retention, especially if we're not quite used to a higher carb level in our diet.

Even if you only lost 1.2 pounds per week forever, that's still almost 5 pounds every month, so even that will get you to goal. But I expect you have lost more body fat than is being shown you by the dial of your scale, and some of the loss is being hidden from view because it is being overridden by water weight gain.

Keep on *Keepin' On* and I'll bet you will be very, very happy!
Old 01-25-2012, 08:02 AM   #9
Junior LCF Member

Thanks for the encouragement. I'm not ready to throw in the towel yet. I'll let ya'll know what happens next week. Keeping my fingers crossed.