Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2012, 01:09 PM   #1
WWC
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: WWC
Stats: size 14/size 14/size 10
WOE: high protein/lowcarb/JUDDD
Start Date: recommitted 1/12
Anyone get sick their first week on JUDDD and have trouble kicking it?

I started with a few cold symptoms last Wed. (the same day as I decided to try JUDDD.) I jumped right in that day because my breakfast calories were well controlled that day. Thursday I felt as if I was fighting it off, but by Friday I was full blown with cold symptoms. Now it is Monday and I feel no better. I am still non stop sneezing, scratchy throat, watery eyes etc. No fever so I doubt it's the flu. I am really sticking to my food plan, but I want to get better so I'm not so fatigued and.........um......cranky. Could the down days be messing with my imune system? Do you take vitamins? I am pushing the fluids, but not taking any meds (not that anything really helps a cold.)
WWC is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-23-2012, 01:24 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: theredhead
Stats: 229/147/145
WOE: Atkins/hCG/maintaining EASILY with JUDDD
Start Date: 09/04/03
Most people are deficient in Vitamin D3 (we spend most of our time indoors and slather our skin with sunscreen when outdoors). I've been taking 5000 IUs a day for a couple of years and haven't been sick a day. It boosts your immune system like crazy. I even had my blood levels checked to make sure my supplements were helping and I wasn't going overboard. It was perfect! (It's extremely hard to overdose.) You should google and read some of the recent Vitamin D studies. It's definitely something almost everyone should consider supplementing. Hope you feel better soon!
Click here for our fatties pics!
And another old one

Click here for a new picture.
And another newer one
theredhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 01:26 PM   #3
WWC
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: WWC
Stats: size 14/size 14/size 10
WOE: high protein/lowcarb/JUDDD
Start Date: recommitted 1/12
Hmmmmm, I do take vitamin D, but maybe I should up it for a few days. I'll try that. Thank you!
WWC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 02:01 PM   #4
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Sorry you're feeling under the weather right now. Lately there is something going around. We've had a few get this bad cold. Not JUDDD caused, of course, but I don't think JUDDD can prevent us from getting colds and flu either. Hope you feel better soon.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 02:15 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cherryhair
Stats: 230.4/215.8/160
Start Date: 1/4/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
Sorry you're feeling under the weather right now. Lately there is something going around. We've had a few get this bad cold. Not JUDDD caused, of course, but I don't think JUDDD can prevent us from getting colds and flu either. Hope you feel better soon.
I'm experiencing this now too. I was just thinking the same thing on the way home for all the ills that Juddd may cure or prevent the common cold does not seem to be one of them
cherryhair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 02:56 PM   #6
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/155.4/135??, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
I have not gotten it (knock on wood) and my husband and daughter have both had a bad bout with illness. DH was almost to pneumonia status the weekend I decided to go on JUDDD, so it's a miracle I didn't get it. I never got sick in my life until I was a parent, and since then I usually get everything my daughter brings home. I was hoping it was JUDDD keeping me healthy.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote