Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2012, 06:54 PM   #61
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/154.2/?
WOE: lc
Thanks Sophie
jeaniem is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2012, 06:56 PM   #62
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/124.8/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeaniem View Post
How is going today Dawn? I have been doing okay not binging or overeating, but not exactly in weight loss mode either. Really it is okay though as least I am not binging and am in control.
Son's birthday party went well. Everyone had a great time at the pottery studio. I stayed away from cake and as I realized I was getting ice cream all over my hands when scooping it out, I gave that duty to my eldest son. Stayed away from the cake too, DH had that duty!! And my other 2 handed out the cake to the kids. I did have a few m&ms but all in all, that was great!! Because I only had a few, not the entire bag I may do well on my weigh in tomorrow, or not. But I know that I had fun and these life events will and do happen. I am glad you are feeling good You have plenty of time to lose weight, just focus on getting healthy for now. I don't think we say that enough. At least I don't to myself. We have to be healthy too, not just skinny.

Last edited by dawnyama; 01-28-2012 at 07:04 PM..
dawnyama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 07:02 PM   #63
Big Yapper!!!!

WTG Dawn! Birthday cake and ice cream is so hard to resist for me.
I had a thought today I binged my way up to 166 pounds in the past but I also lost down to about 130 with some binging. I may never be able to do this weight loss thing perfectly but I can't give up! Just need to aim for more good days than bad.
Old 01-28-2012, 07:10 PM   #64
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Vanessa120
Stats: 189/130 size 2-4 5'4"
WOE: Low Carb Real Food
Start Date: Low Carb Since 2001
Jeanie I type this with , I do not believe JUDDD is ideal for someone who struggles with an eating/binging disorder. Are your adrenal issues resolved? How is your sleeping? Is your nighttime cortisol still elevated?
Vanessa120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 07:11 PM   #65

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
WTG Dawn! Birthday cake and ice cream is so hard to resist for me.
I had a thought today I binged my way up to 166 pounds in the past but I also lost down to about 130 with some binging. I may never be able to do this weight loss thing perfectly but I can't give up! Just need to aim for more good days than bad.
Good thought.

This is pretty much how we manage weight and applies to how we manage our lives too.
Not every day is going to be a perfect one. There will be times when life throws us a curveball, or even when we make a mistake and are the one responsible for the curveball, but overall... life just goes on. So despite it not always going perfectly, we just go on with it, doing the best we can on any given day, bouncing back from the bad days as best we can, and going on again. Whether it's life in general, or specific to our diet and way of eating. We just do the best we can *this* day, and then it's behind us, regardless of how it went, and we just go on to the next one.

It actually works pretty well.
Old 01-28-2012, 08:02 PM   #66
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanessa120 View Post
Jeanie I type this with , I do not believe JUDDD is ideal for someone who struggles with an eating/binging disorder. Are your adrenal issues resolved? How is your sleeping? Is your nighttime cortisol still elevated?
I haven't had adrenals retested yet but I feel better mid day and am not getting that mid morning energy crash. I am up to 1 grain armour and am taking something called Transfer Factor Lyme which the Dr. says should help raise my CD57. Oddly I sleep better when my eating is somewhat out of control
When I am strict low carb I toss and turn and tend to be overly warm.
Old 01-29-2012, 06:10 AM   #67
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betty301
your STILL on 1 grain??

I don't want to turn this into a thyroid discussion but when was the last time you got labs done?(FT3!!)

I know what it feels like to desperately want to lose the pounds, I do!!

I have to trick my mind into not making food 'restricted,' cause that little rebel will want it even more. It's a big mind game.
betty301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 08:01 AM   #68
Big Yapper!!!!

Yeah 1 grain for about 8 weeks now but I feel so much better I don't want to mess with it!
Old 01-29-2012, 09:41 AM   #69
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LouLou
Stats: 170/168/140
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 11/14/11 restarting 1/2/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnyama View Post
LouLou that may work for some, but not for me I know what I am doing, know that it is bad, know the consequences but do it anyway. I get so down on myself for doing it too. I beat myself up all the time. I have such low self esteem and not sure really why. It must be deep seeded and from my childhood. Isn't it nice to blame something else But really, when my DD was in the hospital because of her diabetes I would come home (DH stayed with her overnight and I stayed with our other 3 kids) I didn't have to dive into the bags of Dove chocolate I had stashed in the house, but I did. And not only did I finish the one bag, but I dove into another one as well. Even though I was feeling sick, knew all that sugar would keep me awake at night I just didn't have any other outlet for my stress. For me I eat poorly mostly because of stress. Oh, I eat for other reasons too--because everyone else is, it is Christmas, a birthday party etc, but stress eating is my downfall. In the thick of it I wish I could stop, but just cannot. Don't know how to stop or why I don't just do it.

Believe me I can totally understand everything you just wrote. I am a stress eater too! I wish I knew the secret to stopping but I struggle with that as well. I think I could have written exactly what your wrote. For me it has been chocolate chips. I have eaten whole bag of them without even thinking. I did the same yesterday! Didn't I say I was going to have a good DD well that went out the window. I am sick and I just ate because I wasn't feeling good and I am stuck in the house and no one cares. I have a very sick brother n law and feel bad for our family. I totally get it! I hope today is a better day for you. I am continuing in my rotation today. This should be an UD after a DD.
I too love it when others blame us the parents for the kids actions or they say my child will never do that. How do they know! I have always refused to say that. I have no idea what my three daughters are going to do yet in life. They are 18, 14,11. Lots to learn and live yet!

Hugs to you my friend!
LouLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 09:49 AM   #70
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
I get what you are saying but unfortunately I know full well I am not hungry when I binge. Sometimes I do think a binge is preceded by the restriction of cals/carbs. I fight it and fight it hard but once the thought of over eating gets in my head there is no stopping me. I can delay or stall sometimes even manage to not have the binge that day but the next day I will. It is hard to explain I can be fully on plan without the thoughts of binging, but once that thought enters my mind it won't go away.
Me too! I totally get it!
Old 01-29-2012, 09:57 AM   #71
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouLou View Post
Me too! I totally get it!
Thanks LouLou. I hope we can all keep coming here and helping each other.
Pat has really helped me to realize that I won't always be perfect and when I have bad days that is really all it is simply a bad day. I tend to start dragging very negative thoughts into my head over something that really doesn't have to be so devastating. So I ate too much just keep trying it's the only thing to do.
Old 01-29-2012, 10:04 AM   #72

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Pat has really helped me to realize that I won't always be perfect and when I have bad days that is really all it is simply a bad day. I tend to start dragging very negative thoughts into my head over something that really doesn't have to be so devastating. So I ate too much just keep trying it's the only thing to do.
Yeah, if having bad days (and I mean REALLY BAD) were the end of it all, I'd be dead a million times over. LOL It was really nice one day when it hit me that it wasn't the end of the world after all. In fact, it really wasn't even that big of a deal!
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 03:57 PM   #73
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
No thank you! I have the same thoughts and feelings just hard to get them out. I feel bad when I have a bad day but I know I have to pick myself up and keep going. We are all in this together and we will be thinner together too!
Old 01-29-2012, 04:28 PM   #74
Big Yapper!!!!

Hope to see you checking in often LouLou!
I am going to start a loose DD (max 1000 cals and only this high if I feel bingey) and an uncounted UD for a while and see how it goes. This is not JUDD I know so I won't post in the typical threads while I am trying it out.
I have been looking at 5k races in my area to see what is coming up in a few weeks as I am thinking maybe a goal other than strictly weight loss may help me shift my focus somewhat.
Old 01-29-2012, 04:36 PM   #75
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Vanessa120
Stats: 189/130 size 2-4 5'4"
WOE: Low Carb Real Food
Start Date: Low Carb Since 2001
Quote:
I haven't had adrenals retested yet but I feel better mid day and am not getting that mid morning energy crash. I am up to 1 grain armour and am taking something called Transfer Factor Lyme which the Dr. says should help raise my CD57. Oddly I sleep better when my eating is somewhat out of control
When I am strict low carb I toss and turn and tend to be overly warm.
I apologize if I was out of line with my comment, my intentions are sincere. I hope you know that. I know the impact adrenal issues have on the entire endocrine system and my heart aches a little for you when I read some of your posts. Hormones are a powerful driver of our behaviors and our willpower isn't always strong enough to win the battle. That's a great sign your afternoon energy is more stable. Nighttime binge eating is common among those of us who struggle/struggled with elevated evening cortisol levels. I too had issues with binge eating, and haven't had any episodes since my adrenal issues have been resolved. I don't even recall the last time I binged, at least two-three years, I guess. I hope the same for you!
I eat right, I exercise, I look good, I feel good, I weigh exactly what God wants me to weigh.
Vanessa120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 05:52 PM   #76
Big Yapper!!!!

No problem Vanessa your input and suggestions have been very helpful to me.
Old 01-29-2012, 06:34 PM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanessa120 View Post
I apologize if I was out of line with my comment, my intentions are sincere. I hope you know that. I know the impact adrenal issues have on the entire endocrine system and my heart aches a little for you when I read some of your posts. Hormones are a powerful driver of our behaviors and our willpower isn't always strong enough to win the battle. That's a great sign your afternoon energy is more stable. Nighttime binge eating is common among those of us who struggle/struggled with elevated evening cortisol levels. I too had issues with binge eating, and haven't had any episodes since my adrenal issues have been resolved. I don't even recall the last time I binged, at least two-three years, I guess. I hope the same for you!
I had no idea that that may be my problem. I have diagnosed with adrenal fatigue years ago, but not treated with meds. My doc has me taking supplements and I cannot tell the difference. My DH wants me to stop taking them because they cost a lot of money and seem to be doing nothing. But I am certain they are good for me. But 3 years is a long time to wait for a miracle. I have strong urges to eat at night. I could eat my weight in junk at night. I can be good all day, but something clicks on at night and there I go. I agree with LouLou--I can eat an entire bag of chocolate chips and then go after more. I am amazed with what I can pack away!! Much more to learn, much more to learn.
Old 01-29-2012, 07:27 PM   #78
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Yes, it's not a moral flaw or failure of someone just because they ate too much! Everyone eats too much sometimes. Or drinks too much once in a while. Or lays around too much when they should be exercising, ________ fill in the blank. It's a human thing to have indulgences and excesses now and then. Everyone has something they'd like to do less, I think. It doesn't mean one is a bad human being, it just means one is human.

One only has to move on from it. It is in the past, and a new meal or day lies ahead. Another chance to do better.

Life is a lot of moments, a lot of meals. Blowing one now and then doesn't mean the rest of them are ruined - because they are still all ahead of you.

MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!

Last edited by sophiethecat; 01-29-2012 at 07:32 PM..
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 05:46 PM   #79
Big Yapper!!!!

Thank you Sophie!

I am all for not beating myself up and moving on from bad days but I can't seem to break this binge cycle the last few days. I can't remember the last time I was truly eating due to hunger! It is no longer water weight I am gaining I feel horrible and my face is breaking out from eating too much junk food. My tinnitus/ dizziness due to my Meniere's is acting up as well.
My plan tomorrow is to get a workout before I go to work in the morning and fast all day except for coffee. This is the only way I can stop the cycle.
I am posting this for accountability and would appreciate someone posting tomorrow and asking if I did what I said I needed to do.
Old 01-30-2012, 07:27 PM   #80
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pjsam1156
WOE: JUDDD for life, baby!!
Start Date: Feb 2009; RESTART: Nov. 2011 as EX-LCer
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiethecat View Post
Yes, it's not a moral flaw or failure of someone just because they ate too much! Everyone eats too much sometimes. Or drinks too much once in a while. Or lays around too much when they should be exercising, ________ fill in the blank. It's a human thing to have indulgences and excesses now and then. Everyone has something they'd like to do less, I think. It doesn't mean one is a bad human being, it just means one is human.

One only has to move on from it. It is in the past, and a new meal or day lies ahead. Another chance to do better.

Life is a lot of moments, a lot of meals. Blowing one now and then doesn't mean the rest of them are ruined - because they are still all ahead of you.

pjsam1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 06:00 AM   #81
Big Yapper!!!!

Wish me luck on my fast today up to 149.6 pounds this morning
My alarm didn't go off so I missed my workout, I'll just have to go for an easier walk with the baby before I get too hungry.
Old 01-31-2012, 05:17 PM   #82
Big Yapper!!!!

Fast is almost over. Just now starting to get a bit hungry but won't dare eat now!
I feel so energetic and got so much done today. Even made it to the Y and did a brisk walk at the track. This has me thinking that this high energy feeling must be the what so many of you JUDD-ers talk about having on your DD's.
Old 01-31-2012, 05:18 PM   #83

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
I was going to post to ask if you did what you said you were going to do, but you've got it all under control! You've got this!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 05:42 PM   #84
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks Dawn!
Old 01-31-2012, 06:29 PM   #85

Quote:
Fast is almost over. Just now starting to get a bit hungry but won't dare eat now!
I feel so energetic and got so much done today. Even made it to the Y and did a brisk walk at the track. This has me thinking that this high energy feeling must be the what so many of you JUDD-ers talk about having on your DD's.
In the middle of reading Dr Johnson's book and yes, you have it!! He says with calorie restriction you get some energy and euphoria. He originally said this plan was to be for no eating one day and "normal" eating the next. Every other day fasting, but most people cannot hack the no eating part. So you are right on
Old 01-31-2012, 06:33 PM   #86
Big Yapper!!!!

How is going with you Dawn? I may keep up this fasting at least partially.
Old 01-31-2012, 06:38 PM   #87

Ah, I am muddling through. At least when I am eating off plan foods I am not going hog wild. Have gotten off track the past 2-3 days, but am holding up fairly well. Just need to keep going. Son #2 just got his braces off today so a bit of a celebration here in the house tonight. He was beaming all day with those pearly whites just gleaming. They look awesome and were worth the hassle.
Old 01-31-2012, 06:45 PM   #88
Big Yapper!!!!

Any time we are not eating bags of candy at a sitting is a good day! I wish there was some kind of machine or something that would remind me of how horrible I am going to feel after eating that crap for days on end. I think this was one of my worst cycles in a long time and fasting is the only way to stop the craziness. I remember when my son got his braces off that is an exciting time except for the battle to get him to wear the retainer!
Old 01-31-2012, 07:00 PM   #89

Quote:
Any time we are not eating bags of candy at a sitting is a good day! I wish there was some kind of machine or something that would remind me of how horrible I am going to feel after eating that crap for days on end. I think this was one of my worst cycles in a long time and fasting is the only way to stop the craziness. I remember when my son got his braces off that is an exciting time except for the battle to get him to wear the retainer!
My only hope is that he doesn't lose the retainer I know my son and know I will spend hundreds on replacement retainers.

I wish I could stop binging. Don't know what will stop me besides taping or wiring my mouth shut Fasting like you will never work for me. Makes my more deprived than I already am. I also work for Chick Fil A--talk about work getting in the way of a diet First off the smells drive me nuts and then the free food when I work a shift Oy, why I do this to myself is a wonder But, I need a job.
Old 01-31-2012, 07:08 PM   #90
Big Yapper!!!!

True fasting only works for me when I have stuffed myself silly prior and need to break the cycle. Probably similar to your loading days on Hcg. I doubt I could do it often although I can usually hold off on food til late morning which is a good thing because once I start eating for the day it is harder to control myself. I can somewhat relate to the food/job issue as I am a nanny and am constantly preparing carby foods. I try to eat some of my lc foods while doing so, but sometimes I cave in and then a binge starts.

Last edited by jeaniem; 01-31-2012 at 07:09 PM..