Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2012, 05:28 PM   #31
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeaniem View Post
I don't know what to think Pat I am so confused. Are you serious that you have days where you eat like this? Do you keep going beyond full almost to the point of sickness?
Not as much as you do, Honey, but occasionally a loaf of bread, a stick of butter, and a jar of chunky peanut butter are not safe if I have access to a toaster! Picture a large slice of bread, toasted, slathered with a full tablespoon of butter and 2 full tablespoons of chunky peanut butter, all melty and delicious. Now picture me eating 6 of them and forcing myself to stop. Now notice that ****** gives those calories as 2598 HUGE CALORIES. And this was just an afternoon snack! Imagine what the entire day must have totaled.

An entire batch of chocolate fudge is in danger here.

I never considered that I might have an eating disorder because I usually focused all my attention on one single high-calorie food. I just overate it to extreme excess.

But JUDDD is a tremendous help. When people slip up, they just get back into it. When people screw up, JUDDD forgives them. And truthfully, the vast majority of people with disordered eating of any kind don't get any true therapy for their problems. They just deal with it. As best as they can. Usually. For the most part. Sad but true.

But JUDDD can help, at least somewhat, by easing some of the fixation after awhile. If a person is not in therapy, etc. at least JUDDD can modify their relationship with food as much and more than any other eating plan I know of. Even if every day doesn't go as it is supposed to, some do. And those that do help bring about a bit more mental health, a bit more physical health, a bit more of the ability to relax around food. Truthfully, eventually you find the terrible eruptions of out of control eating aren't quite to far out of control. You're able to rein yourself in sooner. Many binges are ending up a lot smaller than they used to be. Because, somehow, you get to the point where you just don't need it so much anymore. After awhile, it's like... Oh, (long drawn out sigh..) I could, but I just don't have the strength or interest to really indulge the compulsion right now. I'll just take a bit extra ice cream and let it go at that.

Believe me when I tell you we have people here who know what these days are like. You're not the only one. LOL They even have a name. Since this is JUDDD, we call these Up, Up, and AWAY Days! Some of them may not approach yours, but frankly, some of them can put your measly consumption today to shame.

Stay here, Jeanie. You have to be somewhere on this earth. You have to eat each day. Be here. Eat your meals with us. When a bad time comes, Oh, well.. it ends too. And then life goes on. And it does get better and better. And in the meantime, you're safe here with us.

Do you think you could do this? Your good days are pretty good. Just do the good ones, don't fight to force the issue necessarily. And if you go over, you go over. And if you go way-y-y-y over, once that's done, you're back to doing pretty well again.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-2012, 05:40 PM   #32
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
I don't know what to think Pat I am so confused. Are you serious that you have days where you eat like this? Do you keep going beyond full almost to the point of sickness?
The majority of the people I know eat like this, and I have also eaten way more than I needed or should have even thought about eating at times.

Often times it's at holiday family gatherings where there is just so much good food around and everyone eats til they are ready to pop. I have tried to be mindful of this, but even now I do it sometimes. I thought this was just a normal human condition to do so. I mean, I know it's not healthy to do that, but we seem hard-wired to do it if there is just so much good food around that we want to enjoy that we don't get to have all the time.

That's one of the good things about JUDDD. Nothing is off limits, and after a while this really sinks in and helps calm our ever-hungry, frantic appetite that fears there will be no more. Yes, there will always be more, we finally can say. It's not that I never overeat or drink more than I should, but I find I do it much less now on JUDDD than I did before. If I never overindulged in food or anything else, I'm not sure I'd be 100% human, lol.

We all have foods we enjoy maybe a little too much. For me, it might not be bags of chips (cause I start feeling icky, greasy in my belly if I overeat them, though I will say they are an easy food product to keep eating!) but for me one of my "triggers" would Girl Scout cookies. Like Samoas, Thin Mints, peanut butter, etc. I could eat boxes of them. I have eaten boxes of them.

If you look to the left, under my avatar, in my stats you'll see 170+ pounds as my starting weight. Last winter, that's what helped me gain 30+ pounds, the most I'd EVER weighed. My uncontrolled eating of GS cookies and other refined carbs did that.

Because of that, I don't even get around GS cookies anymore. I see those order forms, and I run the other way, lol. There was something about those particular cookies that set me off. (I don't binge on my homemade chocolate chip cookies, for example, just the GS cookies).

Someday I will eat them again. And I won't eat a whole box in one sitting and start on the next box. Because even though they are only available for a season, I can have GS cookies for the rest of my life if I choose to. Or never again.

But maybe I will eat a box in one sitting. I might eat two or three boxes. If I do, I will feel sick and not happy with myself, but it won't blow my whole food and eating life forevermore. I will just get right back into JUDDD and forget about it. The GS cookies will be digested and I will go on trying to make better choices for my body.

New day, new food, new chances.

Maybe I'm doing a poor job of it, but I'm trying to say we all have our foods that are wayyy too easy to keep eating until they're gone. I just think it's a part of life - a teensy part of one's life now and then to just overeat something. But if it is distressing to us or hurting our health, I think if we keep at it, we can find ways to keep going and work past these unwanted food occurrences. Perhaps it means avoiding a particular food for a while. Or stay low-ish carb and save those other foods for a treat now and then. Or work carby foods back into normal daily eating, but in real portions that are introduced gradually, as part of a healthier meal or day of eating. Or change habits that lead to overeating. One JUDDDster said he used to eat 1/2 gallon of ice cream daily while he read. Eating ice cream and reading was a ritual, a habit. He was able to break it.

I hope you will stick around, Jeanie.

adding - Oh crap, my DH just now told me he ordered Samoas this week!!! Well, I told him only give me ONE box. At least he didn't order an entire case and bring them home like he did last year, lol.
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!

Last edited by sophiethecat; 01-25-2012 at 06:33 PM..
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 05:47 PM   #33

Quote:

Whole large bag of cheetos
Whole large bag of lays chips
hershey's kisses
peanut butter/chocolate cake
whole box of chocolate almond bark
dairy queen moolatte
banana bread
think thin chocolate fudge bar
dairy queen hot dog

This is some of what I have eaten today
I don't know what else you ate today besides the listed stuff, and I'm not saying it's all good healthy high-nutrition stuff, etc. but.. I could fit a lot of that stuff into an UD, along with some other food, and while it would certainly be over my UD cals, I could work a lot of that stuff into my calorie limit!

I am kinda' interested in what a peanut butter chocolate cake is.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 06:06 PM   #34
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/138.6/?
WOE: lc
Hmm working some of these foods in I don't know it may work if I can get past the "taboo" mentality perhaps that might work??
The peanut butter chocolate cake was from a grocery store bakery. Layered chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting between the layers and topped with peanut frosting and drizzled with chocolate. Not really all that good but again once I start it doesn't seem to matter it's like I better eat up now cause tomorrow my "diet" starts. Sometimes I can get right back on track other times it takes many days or weeks to break the cycle. Sometimes I get so achey and sick I end up fasting to get back to feeling well.
On the therapy thing I have heard and read too many stories from those who say it is not very effective. I know part of my problem is that I am very sad about the way my young adult son's lives are turning out and eating sometimes dulls that pain for a while at least, but of course in the end it only makes me feel worse.

Last edited by jeaniem; 01-25-2012 at 06:08 PM..
jeaniem is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 06:30 PM   #35

Quote:
Hmm working some of these foods in I don't know it may work if I can get past the "taboo" mentality perhaps that might work??
The peanut butter chocolate cake was from a grocery store bakery. Layered chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting between the layers and topped with peanut frosting and drizzled with chocolate. Not really all that good but again once I start it doesn't seem to matter it's like I better eat up now cause tomorrow my "diet" starts. Sometimes I can get right back on track other times it takes many days or weeks to break the cycle. Sometimes I get so achey and sick I end up fasting to get back to feeling well.
On the therapy thing I have heard and read too many stories from those who say it is not very effective. I know part of my problem is that I am very sad about the way my young adult son's lives are turning out and eating sometimes dulls that pain for a while at least, but of course in the end it only makes me feel worse.
I've always heard that about the therapy too.. not being too effective for many. That's really too bad because there are just a whole lot of people who go off the deep end with eating and/or food control issues. But lots of us know about that. At least here we can support each other. The JUDDD Therapy Center.

You've mentioned before about your sons lives not turning out as you had hoped for them, but you'd be surprised sometimes what future years can bring and the changes that can occur in lives. So you just never know. Some just get to their own personal good place later than others do. Sometimes our best life occurs in our later years, not our earlier ones.

OK, the cake is sounding only *OK*... but then I almost always opt for chocolate cake with chocolate frosting too.

Yeah, just get past the taboo thinking, 'cause it no longer really exists. So while binging and general overeating of all kinds is beyond JUDDD calories (LOLOLOLOL) the foods you listed are all completely OK to eat! Well, they certainly are for me!!!!! I have a big basket on my kitchen counter. In it is white bread, wheat bread, wheat hamburger buns, Ritz crackers, Triscuit crackers, and Tostido Scoops. There is a banana cake with vanilla frosting on the other counter. Chocolate ice cream in the freezer section. Yesterday I had a Butterfinger candy bar. Not the regular one... that BIG one that is actually 4 servings.

Some days I eat heavier on the *high* carbs, and some days almost none. It's whatever I want on any given day. I'm free now. You are too. You can eat anything you want. You actually don't need to binge it anymore. That's sort of like sneaking money from your billfold and hiding it in your jewelry box. It's your money anyway. You're not getting away with anything. It's still your money, regardless of where you keep it. And all that food is still OK for you to eat, regardless of what it is. You can eat any of it, anytime. (Well, a little overboard sometimes, but that just is what it is.)

Anyway, I'm counting on you being here, staying here, enjoying JUDDD with us, doing the best you can on good days and sucking it up on the bad days. And overall just getting on with the process of living your life. Hugs, Jeanie!

Last edited by SoHappy; 01-25-2012 at 06:31 PM..
Old 01-25-2012, 06:40 PM   #36
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks so much Pat and Sophiecat You have made me feel better and given me hope that maybe I am not so dysfunctional after all.

Here's to a good DD tomorrow!!

Pat- On my son's problems hubby always says it seems we may have struck out but we don't know what the future holds.
Old 01-25-2012, 06:48 PM   #37

Quote:
Thanks so much Pat and Sophiecat You have made me feel better and given me hope that maybe I am not so dysfunctional after all.

Here's to a good DD tomorrow!!

Pat- On my son's problems hubby always says it seems we may have struck out but we don't know what the future holds.
Well, probably not a whole lot more dysfunctional than most of us here. LOL There's a reason why we all ended up on a diet site. And needed to. And have spend years here!

Listen to your DH. The passage of years sometimes can affect great change, and that includes our outlooks on life and how we want to live it. Don't write your sons off yet. They are still young men. Most of their lives are ahead of them. You never know what the future holds.
Old 01-26-2012, 05:56 PM   #38
Big Yapper!!!!

Eating was better today but definitely not a down day. I ate so much yesterday I couldn't even think about eating until dinner tonight. I want to hang out and talk with you all you're so friendly and encouraging!
My heart is not into counting or consciously trying to lose weight at the moment, actually the thought makes me quite annoyed and angry!
Old 01-26-2012, 07:11 PM   #39

Quote:
Eating was better today but definitely not a down day. I ate so much yesterday I couldn't even think about eating until dinner tonight. I want to hang out and talk with you all you're so friendly and encouraging!
My heart is not into counting or consciously trying to lose weight at the moment, actually the thought makes me quite annoyed and angry!
OK. It wasn't a Down Day. But it was a Better Day. Sometimes those are good enough to help us past a bad time and ease us back into the time when we can do it all reasonably well again.

And every time we can do it pretty well, it helps us heal, helps us lose a little bit of weight, makes us feel happier and prouder and more confident. It doesn't assure that every day of our future is going to be golden, but it helps us turn down the path that leads to quite a few of our days being golden, and that's an improvement.

This is a safe place to be, Jeanie. If you are doing JUDDD strictly, OK. If you are doing JUDDD very loosely, OK. If you are needing a break from any thought of anything diet related for awhile, OK. But this is a good resting place.

On days when you feel awesome, go for it! On days when you feel anxious, handle it as you need to. It sounds like today wasn't too bad at all, and that's great!
Old 01-26-2012, 07:22 PM   #40
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Don't worry about another calorie tonight. Just rest and take it all one day at a time, Jeanie. That's all any of us do.

Hope you're having a good evening. Tomorrow is a new day, another fresh start for all of us.

You're doing well. Thanks for hanging out with us here.
Old 01-27-2012, 02:47 PM   #41
Big Yapper!!!!

Today has been okay but I am fighting the urge to eat!

I can't help but feel a little defeated. Initially I came to low carb and stumbled for quite a while but managed to eek out a full 6 months without binging which brought me to a comfortable weight of 127 pounds. Getting to my goal weight only lasted for about six weeks. I can distinctly remember the feelings of increased hunger and cravings which I tried to fight but quickly started putting the pounds back on. What saddens me the most is I truly believed I was "cured" because we are told that carbs cause cravings,but if that were true why did I suddenly start craving again after 6 months of no carbs? With that sadness comes great fear because I now feel like I am truly losing the little bit of control I once had.
My feeling at the moment is stay a little fat because the harder I try the more I eat and the fatter I become. Just like any other diet I have ever tried in my life.
I want to live not focus on eating or not eating!

Last edited by jeaniem; 01-27-2012 at 03:40 PM..
Old 01-27-2012, 03:20 PM   #42

Quote:
Today has been okay but I am fighting the urge to eat!

I can't help but feel a little defeated. Initially I came to low carb and stumbled for quite a while but managed to eek out a full 6 months without binging which brought me to a comfortable weight of 127 pounds. Getting to my goal weight only lasted for about six weeks. I can distinctly remember the feelings of increased hunger and cravings which I tried to fight but quickly started putting the pounds back on. What saddens me the most is I truly believed I was "cured" because we are told that carbs cause cravings,but if that were true why did I suddenly start craving again after 6 months of no carbs. With that sadness comes a great fear because I now feel like I am truly losing the little bit of control I once had.
My feeling at the moment is stay a little fat because the harder I try the more I eat and the fatter I become. Just like any other diet I have ever tried in my life.
I want to live not focus on eating or not eating!
There are only certain people who repeat the *carbs cause cravings* mantra to the exclusion of all the other reasons we might have some cravings. Unhappily as well, the more we hear something repeated, and the more mouths that are repeating it, the more we buy into it completely and don't question any further, nor really even give it some personal thought.

From what you are saying here, I wonder if it wouldn't be a wonderful time for you to take a good break from any attempt or even thought of weight loss, and instead spend some time in maintenance.

I'm thinking of this from this angle: If we can learn how to maintain our weight, we can live pretty happily for periods of time before we decide to go back into a weight loss mode to drop maybe another five or ten pounds. I did that, and it made weight loss pretty comfortable for me. But more than that, it made my life easier for the weeks that I gave over to no dieting, but to just maintaining instead.

This would allow you to eat at higher calorie levels, even while still doing some calorie rotation, but not having to keep to low days and higher days at any particular calorie number, but just relaxing overall and seeing where maintenance falls for you. Or even just not worrying about calories at all, as such.

If weight loss mode is stressing you too much right now, maybe letting go of that idea entirely for right now will allow you to relax. And if you can do maintenance reasonable well, and if you step on the scale occasionally to see that you're staying about where you hope to remain, maybe that will work for you.

And then if you see the scale is headed up in the wrong direction, you can decide what you want to do about that, if and when that even happens.

I know you have been wanting to lose some more weight, but maybe this just isn't a good time for your brain to have to deal with that.

How do you envision yourself eating over the future weeks/months as you are no longer having to even think about weight loss? How do you think you would do this? Do you think you could finally just let out a big sigh of relief about body weight as a subject, and just focus on other facets of your life instead?

Last edited by SoHappy; 01-27-2012 at 03:22 PM..
Old 01-27-2012, 05:31 PM   #43
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
How do you envision yourself eating over the future weeks/months as you are no longer having to even think about weight loss? How do you think you would do this? Do you think you could finally just let out a big sigh of relief about body weight as a subject, and just focus on other facets of your life instead?
Good questions that I really don't have the answers to. In some ways I think my preoccupation with weight loss keeps my mind off other things.
I have thought about getting back into running. One thing I remember during the 6 months that I was binge free is that I was training for my first and only 5k and overeating/binging do not go well with running unless you are into side stitches!
Old 01-27-2012, 05:36 PM   #44

Quote:
Good questions that I really don't have the answers to. In some ways I think my preoccupation with weight loss keeps my mind off other things.
I have thought about getting back into running. One thing I remember during the 6 months that I was binge free is that I was training for my first and only 5k and overeating/binging do not go well with running unless you are into side stitches!
That sounds like it was a good thing for you. So easing off of having to control your eating within certain restraints, paired with turning your focus to something else.. like the running.. might work for you right now, and help get your mind in a little better place, and more relaxed.
Old 01-27-2012, 06:09 PM   #45
Big Yapper!!!!

Yes I think the running may be worth a shot.I did however stop running and start gaining weight rather abruptly so I still have to have my mind right if that makes sense.
Old 01-27-2012, 06:40 PM   #46

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/119.2/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
jeanie

I could write your posts word for word. I am you!!! I am currently doing hcg to get to my goal weight and have had some really good attempts at it and some really good failures at it. I lost what I needed to in 3 rounds of doing the hcg. It took discipline, but I reached my goal--115 lbs by my 40th birthday. That was July 16, 2010. I was so happy!! Wore a bikini for the first time in my life at a pool and thought I was all that. Over the next year and a half I have lost and regained the same freakin' 15 lbs!!! I would gain 15 lbs, go on hcg and lose the 15, gain 15 lbs, go on hcg to lose it again. I am so mad at myself for doing this. But doing the hcg is basically a very big deprivation diet. It is low calorie, low fat low everything diet and one can only stand that deprivation for so long. Especially if you have a family to feed and they don't even eat low carb!! I hate that I have that binge mentality. I hate myself while doing it, I know what happens when I do it, I don't like the results when I do it. I can finish a bag of chocolate in a heartbeat and still want more. And have had more!! My family (4 children and husband ) has no idea that I do this. I don't do it in front of them. Let me tell you this.....no kinder, truer words were ever posted before than in this thread. What has made me do 10 rounds of hcg (doesn't matter if you don't know what it is, just know I have done my first round 2 years ago and lost all my weight in a year of so)? I never gave up!!! I know it works and takes the weight off and I see the results I want. I, just as Pat said, had some good days and bad days. I "got over" the bad days, left them in the past and had more of the good ones to get to my current weight of 129.4. Right now.

Talk about what makes me go off plan--my 10 year old daughter was diagnosed a year ago with type 1 diabetes. Talk about being blindsided. Then we had 3 close family members die close together. Then other family members have been in the hospital for various reasons since last year. Then my son, my eldest at 15 so we know more stories like this one are coming LOL, has gotten caught by police more than once, doing really stupid teenage things. We get phone calls late at night way too often. Every time I get struck down, I try to get back up. The one thing that keeps me going---I really want this to work. I want the next time I get to goal to be my last. I keep saying to Pat and Linda that I will be on JUDDD soon. Well, soon is taking longer than I ever thought because I just cannot stick to my current plan LOL!!! But I will get here eventually. I am tired of losing, tired of trying, tired of dieting, tired of deprivation, want to be at goal already. I got there once, I so want to be back. Something this week has clicked and I have not gone off plan. A full 4 days on plan is a record for me right now!! So, this round is going well....so far!! But I so agree with all the advice you have gotten here so far. Just keep trying. But if you want to relax and just be......do so. I have always said that as long as I am still breathing I am going to try. Every time I think about going off plan I come on to LCFs and read, read, read. Keeps my mind off things. I wish you great days ahead!!!! Much more good days than bad. I know I won't get rid of my bad days--they are always around the corner but if I can have more good days, then that is good. I hope I have not rambled on too much. Just wanted you to know you are by no means alone.

Last edited by dawnyama; 01-27-2012 at 06:44 PM..
dawnyama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 07:11 PM   #47
Big Yapper!!!!

Dawn
Thanks for your post! All this dieting is tiring isn't it, but it is so hard to give up entirely mostly because I have a reference now that I didn't have before in that I remember how good I felt mentally and physically 15 pounds ago! It's like when I was overweight for so long I knew I felt bad but didn't realize how bad until I lost some of the weight and realized how much better I felt. I want that back but am not sure if it's possible for me without worsening my situation? I can relate to the family issues. One son is in jail for drug/alcohol related problems and the other is disabled from a car accident. The one in jail I have some hope left that he has learned his lesson and will do better when released, but my other son will probably always need someone looking after him which breaks my heart he was so smart and is such a good kid, polar opposite of his brother who is ADD and a risk taker. My hubby will eat lower carb but still eats his carbs! My job as a nanny is hard as well because so much of the day is focused around carby foods.
I commend you for your success with hcg once you reach your goal again JUDD should be a breeze for you.
Old 01-28-2012, 07:40 AM   #48
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LouLou
Stats: 170/168/140
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 11/14/11 restarting 1/2/12
Quote:
Thanks everyone for the encouragement!

LouLou We can do this! How long have you been doing JUDD?
Havent been on for a few days. Very busy and then sick! Sorry! I started in November. I did really well then the holidays hit and I struggled but went immediately back on. This week because of a very busy schedule and getting sick I didn't do so well. I know this will work if I work it! I just have to do it!
LouLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 07:43 AM   #49
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
The JUDDD site gives you an UD calorie number of about 1600 calories, based on your stats of female, age 50.. 61 inches tall and current weight of 142 pounds. No matter how much exercise we do or do not get in each day, I always, always use the *little or no exercise* tab for the calculations.

So if you can aim for UDs of about 1600 calories and DDs of about 500 calories, I think that will be a wonderfully winning combination. And then go from there, do the best you can, and don't fret any *unhappy deviations* from these numbers. I didn't, and it still worked

I guess the thing is.. we are going to feed ourselves for the rest of our lives. So if we're going to choose to be on some kind of an eating plan, why not this one? It doesn't mean that we are going to do it perfectly every day. It just means that we use this plan as our guide. And we do the best we can. And when we're really doing it well, the weight melts off of us. And when we are a little slack and lax, we don't do as well at the weight loss part. But, you know what? That would be the same no matter what plan we were or were not on anyway, so why not just keep being on this one?

Well said! Again I needed to hear that! I have struggled with my weight all my life and I am going to be on some kind of eating plan anyway. I am 44 yrs old and I know I want to end my forties thinner and healthier!
Old 01-28-2012, 07:51 AM   #50
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
We all have days when we eat like that! I do it too! One thing to ask your yourself are you truly hungry? Sometimes we just think we are. We may be thirsty or something else. So when that hunger hits after you have eaten ask that question! Am I truly hungry! I am talking to myself here too! I am going to ask myself that question a lot today because I am doing a DD after having two UDS in a row because I was sick and just eating.

We are all here for you and have the same struggles. You can do it! Hugs to you!
Old 01-28-2012, 08:18 AM   #51

Quote:
Dawn
Thanks for your post! All this dieting is tiring isn't it, but it is so hard to give up entirely mostly because I have a reference now that I didn't have before in that I remember how good I felt mentally and physically 15 pounds ago! It's like when I was overweight for so long I knew I felt bad but didn't realize how bad until I lost some of the weight and realized how much better I felt. I want that back but am not sure if it's possible for me without worsening my situation? I can relate to the family issues. One son is in jail for drug/alcohol related problems and the other is disabled from a car accident. The one in jail I have some hope left that he has learned his lesson and will do better when released, but my other son will probably always need someone looking after him which breaks my heart he was so smart and is such a good kid, polar opposite of his brother who is ADD and a risk taker. My hubby will eat lower carb but still eats his carbs! My job as a nanny is hard as well because so much of the day is focused around carby foods.
I commend you for your success with hcg once you reach your goal again JUDD should be a breeze for you.
My heart breaks for you I fear my child is going in that same direction if we don't make some changes. We have already been doing what we thought we should but he seems to get around that. When he got caught sneaking out of the house when we were sleeping, I took his bedroom door of its hinges AND made him sleep in my bedroom on the couch I have in there. It worked til he got the door back Got another phone call from the police almost immediately when that was returned. I feel we will soon be on speed dial with the sheriff's office I can only control him to a point!! He has to be responsible for himself and I have a hard time with that. Letting go is hard, I am learning that with my DD with the diabetes. I can only control her for so long too. She is going to make choices I would not want for her--eating stuff she should not be. But some things she has to experience for herself. Or even what to do when her blood sugar is high. Just experienced this yesterday. I didn't answer a text from her because I was at work and her dad was in a meeting. She waited at the nurse's office for 30 mins because they were waiting on us to let them know what to do. I mean, they have orders and a correction formula to use for when her blood sugar is too high!! They know what to do--do not need to be hand fed so to speak. DH was upset---very upset that DD missed 30 mins of a math class Then the other 2 kids, who seem to be Ok...who knows when they will rebel??? Oy, raising kids is hard!!! Boy, I am just ranting now and I am sorry. Just wanted to let you know that I hear ya. Anytime you need an ear, I am here.
Old 01-28-2012, 08:24 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouLou View Post
We all have days when we eat like that! I do it too! One thing to ask your yourself are you truly hungry? Sometimes we just think we are. We may be thirsty or something else. So when that hunger hits after you have eaten ask that question! Am I truly hungry! I am talking to myself here too! I am going to ask myself that question a lot today because I am doing a DD after having two UDS in a row because I was sick and just eating.

We are all here for you and have the same struggles. You can do it! Hugs to you!
LouLou that may work for some, but not for me I know what I am doing, know that it is bad, know the consequences but do it anyway. I get so down on myself for doing it too. I beat myself up all the time. I have such low self esteem and not sure really why. It must be deep seeded and from my childhood. Isn't it nice to blame something else But really, when my DD was in the hospital because of her diabetes I would come home (DH stayed with her overnight and I stayed with our other 3 kids) I didn't have to dive into the bags of Dove chocolate I had stashed in the house, but I did. And not only did I finish the one bag, but I dove into another one as well. Even though I was feeling sick, knew all that sugar would keep me awake at night I just didn't have any other outlet for my stress. For me I eat poorly mostly because of stress. Oh, I eat for other reasons too--because everyone else is, it is Christmas, a birthday party etc, but stress eating is my downfall. In the thick of it I wish I could stop, but just cannot. Don't know how to stop or why I don't just do it.
Old 01-28-2012, 11:33 AM   #53
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouLou View Post

I get what you are saying but unfortunately I know full well I am not hungry when I binge. Sometimes I do think a binge is preceded by the restriction of cals/carbs. I fight it and fight it hard but once the thought of over eating gets in my head there is no stopping me. I can delay or stall sometimes even manage to not have the binge that day but the next day I will. It is hard to explain I can be fully on plan without the thoughts of binging, but once that thought enters my mind it won't go away.

Last edited by jeaniem; 01-28-2012 at 12:24 PM..
Old 01-28-2012, 11:35 AM   #54

Quote:
I get what you are saying but unfortunately I know full well I am not hungry when I binge. Sometimes I think a binge is preceded by the restriction of cals/carbs. I fight it and fight it hard but once the thought of over eating gets in my head there is no stopping me. I can delay or stall sometimes even manage to not have the binge that day but the next day I will. It is hard to explain I can be fully on plan without the thoughts of binging, but once that thought enters my mind it won't go away.
Me too
Old 01-28-2012, 11:39 AM   #55
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnyama View Post
My heart breaks for you I fear my child is going in that same direction if we don't make some changes. We have already been doing what we thought we should but he seems to get around that. When he got caught sneaking out of the house when we were sleeping, I took his bedroom door of its hinges AND made him sleep in my bedroom on the couch I have in there. It worked til he got the door back Got another phone call from the police almost immediately when that was returned. I feel we will soon be on speed dial with the sheriff's office I can only control him to a point!! He has to be responsible for himself and I have a hard time with that. Letting go is hard, I am learning that with my DD with the diabetes. I can only control her for so long too. She is going to make choices I would not want for her--eating stuff she should not be. But some things she has to experience for herself. Or even what to do when her blood sugar is high. Just experienced this yesterday. I didn't answer a text from her because I was at work and her dad was in a meeting. She waited at the nurse's office for 30 mins because they were waiting on us to let them know what to do. I mean, they have orders and a correction formula to use for when her blood sugar is too high!! They know what to do--do not need to be hand fed so to speak. DH was upset---very upset that DD missed 30 mins of a math class Then the other 2 kids, who seem to be Ok...who knows when they will rebel??? Oy, raising kids is hard!!! Boy, I am just ranting now and I am sorry. Just wanted to let you know that I hear ya. Anytime you need an ear, I am here.
It is so hard raising kids! We have been good parents and role models but youngest son went his own way. He was fine until he graduated high school and floundered in college and lost his job, it was all downhill from there.
I used to beat myself up and try to find what I did wrong but have accepted we have done all we can, it's up to him now. When his arrest was in the paper I made the mistake of reading the comments section after the article and was very hurt by the comments from the readers. Comments like where are the parents and his parents must be so proud. Why is it always the parents fault?
Old 01-28-2012, 12:20 PM   #56
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
Quote:
It is so hard raising kids! We have been good parents and role models but youngest son went his own way. He was fine until he graduated high school and floundered in college and lost his job, it was all downhill from there.
I used to beat myself up and try to find what I did wrong but have accepted we have done all we can, it's up to him now. When his arrest was in the paper I made the mistake of reading the comments section after the article and was very hurt by the comments from the readers. Comments like where are the parents and his parents must be so proud. Why is it always the parents fault?
Sending you big hugs hun! I KNOW what that urge to binge is like, and it has nothing to do with hunger.

As to why people always blame the parents....its simple...it makes THEM feel better. They can smugly reason that, as its the parents fault that some other child got into trouble....obviously its all down to their own wonderful parenting that THEIR child hasn't. After all, if they let themselves admit that the child they are reading about has simply made a bad choice...all by themselves...well, it stands to reason that THEIR child could do the same...and they dont want to think about that!

Dont blame yourself...and never let your child hear you doing it either....owning responsiblity for our own actions is an important part of growing up...and becoming a mature adult...and avoiding making those mistakes again.

hugs
Jo
x

"Eat today for the clothes you want to wear tomorrow!"
Joedi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 12:59 PM   #57
Big Yapper!!!!

Thank you Joedi. I didn't think of the reasons in that way. I thought people were just being mean and judgmental. You are so right DH has to remind me often not to blame myself or let DS hear me doing so!
Old 01-28-2012, 03:46 PM   #58

Quote:
Thank you Joedi. I didn't think of the reasons in that way. I thought people were just being mean and judgmental. You are so right DH has to remind me often not to blame myself or let DS hear me doing so!
Before I had kids I was one of those people. I had no idea how strong willed those kids could be. I always, always listened to my mom. Never ever misbehaved so could not fathom why other kids did any different. Then I had kids Wow what a shock. I can now sympathize with parents one both sides. It takes a lot of work, work I couldn't even comprehend til I had them myself. My mom's prophecy has come full circle. You know the saying, "I can't wait til you have your own kids". I find myself saying the same thing now. Hoping to get them to maybe understand the flip side. Bless you hon
Old 01-28-2012, 05:47 PM   #59
Big Yapper!!!!

How is going today Dawn? I have been doing okay not binging or overeating, but not exactly in weight loss mode either. Really it is okay though as least I am not binging and am in control.
Old 01-28-2012, 05:49 PM   #60
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
How is going today Dawn? I have been doing okay not binging or overeating, but not exactly in weight loss mode either. Really it is okay though as least I am not binging and am in control.
Glad to hear you're doing well this evening, Jeanie. Just wanted to give you some