Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2012, 10:23 AM   #1
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: LadyKT
Stats: 159/153/125 - 5'3"
WOE: Ah Ah Ah Ah Stayin' Alive, Stayin' Alive.
Fast 5 and JUDDD?

Hi all -

I was wondering if it was a bad idea to combine Fast 5 and JUDDD. Maybe not fast on the UDs but only eat 5 hrs on DDs. Anyone do this?
LadyKT is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-2012, 11:57 AM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Hazelsmrf
Stats: 303/152/150
WOE: VSG surgery
Start Date: November 8th 2012
Don't see why it would be bad, I do maybe a 6-8 hour eating window with no problem on both down days and up days, I don't see why doing it in 5 hours would worse, I'm just not hungry enough to eat again within the 5 hours so my windows are usually 6-8 hours. Some up days a bit longer because I couldn't eat all my calories in that window. But I never eat before 2pm or so no matter what.
Hazelsmrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 12:01 PM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
WOE: JUDDD
a lot of us do Fast One! I only eat dinner on DDs--
ouizoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 12:09 PM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
I've been trying to do this...but my DDs keep turning into UDs! So I'm mostly just doing Fast 5...eating all sorts of yummy stuff...getting to have dinner with my son every day...and still losing!

But if you can combine the two, it should be great!!!
I can't think of any reasons not to--good luck!!!
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 01:49 PM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks all! I have another question. I think the reason why I failed last time was because I aggressively jumped in head first at 500 cal DD - would it be better to ease into it, eat more so at 35-40%, so more like 750-800 cals, and then reduce as I go on? I can easily do 750 cals in two meals!! 500 is a little more challenging but I think I could make it work.
Old 01-22-2012, 01:50 PM   #6
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ouizoid View Post
a lot of us do Fast One! I only eat dinner on DDs--
Yup!
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 03:07 PM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKT View Post
Thanks all! I have another question. I think the reason why I failed last time was because I aggressively jumped in head first at 500 cal DD - would it be better to ease into it, eat more so at 35-40%, so more like 750-800 cals, and then reduce as I go on? I can easily do 750 cals in two meals!! 500 is a little more challenging but I think I could make it work.
A lot of people do this...start a little higher & work down. Or even stay at that level if you're losing weight at a rate that works for you!
Sometimes, just knowing you can have 700 or 800 calories makes it easier & you might end up only eating 500...but when you know you're only supposed to have 500, you end up eating 1200!!!
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 03:17 PM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
I'm one who will give you a big to this! That's what I did, and I did eventually get down to 500 and a little less, but it helps very much psychologically to know you have those extra calories if you need them. I didn't stay low for long though - pretty soon I went back up to 600 - 800 in maintenance.

Oh, and you can combine other types of IF with JUDDD. I have done a Fast 5, and numbers other than 5, lol. I also tend to do a type of IF very often where I count the hours from when I stopped eating the night before until I eat the next day, and try to keep it at a min. 14 - 16 hours. I don't do this every day, but most days since I'm not a b'fast eater usually.

I am in maintenance, and I just do all sorts of whacky things. I do MUDDD, and some regular JUDDD, and some other IF.
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 04:05 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratejenny View Post
A lot of people do this...start a little higher & work down. Or even stay at that level if you're losing weight at a rate that works for you!
Sometimes, just knowing you can have 700 or 800 calories makes it easier & you might end up only eating 500...but when you know you're only supposed to have 500, you end up eating 1200!!!
Yes, I agree. You don't have to be perfect right from the start. All you have to do is try your best to kinda' sorta' do it.

If the day is perfect.. Hallelujah! There will be more perfect ones come along too. And if the day was -ahem- less than perfect, Oh.. Well.. tomorrow is another day. The only way JUDDD will fail you is if you don't do it. If you quit it.

Just not doing it perfectly isn't usually enough to ruin it all, and the longer you can do it fairly close, the closer you will be to the time when you can do it perfectly! And in the meantime, while you're practicing how to do it, you can be losing some weight and see the scale going down too.
Old 01-22-2012, 04:09 PM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
Yes, I agree. You don't have to be perfect right from the start. All you have to do is try your best to kinda' sorta' do it.

If the day is perfect.. Hallelujah! There will be more perfect ones come along too. And if the day was -ahem- less than perfect, Oh.. Well.. tomorrow is another day. The only way JUDDD will fail you is if you don't do it. If you quit it.

Just not doing it perfectly isn't usually enough to ruin it all, and the longer you can do it fairly close, the closer you will be to the time when you can do it perfectly! And in the meantime, while you're practicing how to do it, you can be losing some weight and see the scale going down too.
Thanks Pat! I always look forward to your words of wisdom
Old 01-22-2012, 04:37 PM   #11

Quote:
Thanks Pat! I always look forward to your words of wisdom
LOL Well, I'm always happy to see folks succeed here as I think this is a marvelous plan for health overall, weight loss as well as emotional health.

I look forward to all your posts here, sharing your weight loss journey with us. We love cheering on everyone!
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 05:45 PM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: itsmeshelly01
Stats: 260/150/162
Start Date: eating lowcarb since 2005
I stated out doing between 6 and 700 and now im down to about 3 to 400. The DDs have gotten easier and easier.
itsmeshelly01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 05:58 PM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmeshelly01 View Post
I stated out doing between 6 and 700 and now im down to about 3 to 400. The DDs have gotten easier and easier.
I keep hearing that! So in time, i'm going to believe that and be living proof of it!!
Old 01-23-2012, 08:36 PM   #14
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by piratejenny View Post
EXACTLY what I did from the beginning (700 calorie DDs) and I have never lowered my DD calories, either. Most days it's between 650 and 750 now and I have lost and maintained very well on these calories. It was knowing I COULD eat up to 700 if I needed to in the beginning that helped me to stay on plan!!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote