Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2012, 05:12 PM   #31
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Pami
WOE: LC JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by julietcc View Post
Mmmm banana bread. I should make this more often since I'm frequently throwing away over ripe bananas.
You don't have to throw away your overripe ones if you don't have
time to do anything with them. Just peel and seal them in a freezer
bag and freeze until you have time (or occasion) to bake with them.
Pami is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-2012, 05:25 PM   #32

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pami View Post
I do this too. Although usually it's out of sheer desperation and at the last possible hour before the bananas are a total loss. It's because I keep thinking I'll make the bread. And each day passes, and I don't get it made, but I'm sure I will get to it the next day! LOL
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 05:29 PM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gharkness
WOE: RNY Gastric Bypass 02-02-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pami View Post
I like them in my UD shakes, when I have one. My DD shakes are very plain with only cottage cheese, a little protein powder, and strawberries or pumpkin (and lots of ice, for volume).

But my UD shakes are worthy of a Steak 'n' Shake - they have everything in them but the kitchen sink!
gharkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 05:40 PM   #34
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
I ate a little more junk on the first couple of UDs but then got right back into eating better stuff again. I do eat more grain carbs on my UDs, and less veggies, but then on my DDs I eat LOTS of veggies and hardly any grain carbs so it kinda even out for me, I figure.

As far a candy, cookies, cakes, pies I only eat these if we go out and I have dessert or for a little evening snack on UDs.
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 05:24 AM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Alcestis
Stats: 210/159/155 5' 8"
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: December 13th, 2011
I don't know if anyone already said this, but I'm also finding that keeping balance on my UD means I'm less hungry on a DD.
Alcestis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 06:25 AM   #36

Gallery: Lori37
Stats: 310/215/180
WOE: Modified low carb
Start Date: 6/1/2010
YES, hopefully when I'm able to eat meat again in a week, I'll be better about skipping the carbs and opting for meat choices. I'd really like to try to JUDDD in a low carb way, so far I'm 1 1/2 weeks in and haven't lost anything. I think it's the carbs. I didn't lose a single pound after a month on WW either.
Lori37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 06:55 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori37 View Post
YES, hopefully when I'm able to eat meat again in a week, I'll be better about skipping the carbs and opting for meat choices. I'd really like to try to JUDDD in a low carb way, so far I'm 1 1/2 weeks in and haven't lost anything. I think it's the carbs. I didn't lose a single pound after a month on WW either.
I don't know if you came to JUDDD and increased your carbs from previously eating at a lower carb level, but folks who do usually see the scale showing them no loss.. or even showing them a gain!

Hard not to feel disappointed, but most often they truly ARE losing body fat... it's just that at the same time they are replenishing their glucogen carb fuel stores, and that's done with the added replenishing of fluid stores with the glucogen. So the lost fat weight and the regained water weight are showing up as a wash on the scale. If they've measured themselves when they started, that can show them that they've actually lost around the waist, hips, etc.

Another thing is if the DD calories aren't being held low enough, or the UD calories are set too high and should really be several hundred lower than the person is eating at. That can really slow things down until the calorie numbers are set more correctly and the person is eating pretty close to those new numbers.

And also, sometimes there is SO MUCH bouncing around being seen on the scale, that those huge up/down/up again weight fluctuations make us lose sight of the truth.. there is a bit of weight loss going on there after all. So that's why we suggest that people might want to weigh each morning and jot down that weight.. then average them out at the end of the week to see what the average weight was that week, and then compare that to the average of the next week. That can often show the true weight loss happening, even if it is slow for us.

We don't all lose weight lightening fast. JUDDD isn't even known as a fast weight loss diet. So when we read the results for some of the folks who seemed to melt down to goal in a flash, it makes our own slow rate feel pretty disappointing. But for some of us, a whole whopping 3 pounds in a month is progress that was hard fought for and won with effort. Unhappily, we don't all have bodies that are willing to give up the weight as easily as some others, perhaps because of meds, etc. But we can still lose. Just takes more patience and perseverance.
Old 01-23-2012, 07:22 AM   #38

Gallery: Lori37
Stats: 310/215/180
WOE: Modified low carb
Start Date: 6/1/2010
At this point I'd be happy with 3 pounds in a month! LOL I'm 5 away from from 100 lost. Been stalled since Christmas and before that I was stalled from May to October, Only down 12 pounds from what I was in May!
Yes I was doing a much lower carb, though not low carb diet. It was 60-80 grams of carbs a day. I know about the glycogen reserves which is why I'm sticking the course and haven't given up yet. I'm bouncing between 215 and 217, which I was even on the lower carb plan for the last few weeks. I'll give it a good solid month once I can eat meat again. My body always responds best when I cut out the carby foods like whole wheat bread and brown rice.
http://lorivsjourneytohealth.blogspot.com/
Lori37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 07:50 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori37 View Post
At this point I'd be happy with 3 pounds in a month! LOL I'm 5 away from from 100 lost. Been stalled since Christmas and before that I was stalled from May to October, Only down 12 pounds from what I was in May!
Yes I was doing a much lower carb, though not low carb diet. It was 60-80 grams of carbs a day. I know about the glycogen reserves which is why I'm sticking the course and haven't given up yet. I'm bouncing between 215 and 217, which I was even on the lower carb plan for the last few weeks. I'll give it a good solid month once I can eat meat again. My body always responds best when I cut out the carby foods like whole wheat bread and brown rice.
Sorry you are unable to eat meat at this time. Hopefully that will be a big help to you once it's allowed back into your diet.

And glad you're sticking with it. If your numbers are calculated correctly and you're holding to them, I'll bet you'll be seeing some weight loss sooner or later. Sorry it isn't happening faster for you.

Hang in there. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote