Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2012, 04:04 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: KJ-43
Stats: HW 279 198/168/170
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: 10/30/06 ,restart 1/2/14,7/2/14
3 UD's and 3 DD's

Good Morning,

Just completed another cycle and I am down 3.5 lbs This happen while having the food I like. I was leary of friday's eating b/c I had take out broasted chicken. I had 2 thighs and it was so good and I had not eaten it in over a year b/c lc'ing. I didn't overeat and had a salad with it with blue cheese dressing then my dd was yesterday and since I only weigh on the mornings after dd I didn't know what to expect but I was down another 1.5 so you know I am thrilled. My question is since tomorrow will start my new week and its after an ud ( I usually on weight after a dd) should I still weigh in to get my week weight or should I weight until Tue morning after my dd?

Well today is my ud and I know we are having countrystyle ribs for dinner and I might have oatmeal and toast for Breakfast then I will see what happens.

kj

Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-2012, 05:12 AM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Golly, your body just LOVES this woe!!

Congratulations on taking that scary first step to the dark side!!!!
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 05:21 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mommie22boys
Stats: 211/199/135 5'5.5"
WOE: Paleo/ JUDDD
Start Date: Originally 6/7/07, Now 4/1/13
Personally, I weigh every day. You would be surprised at the number of post-UD weigh-ins you will have where your weight is actually down...even when you have eaten very well the day before and just *know* that your weight is going to be up. You get on the scale, peek with one eye, and voila!...more weight loss!!

Certainly, you'll have to decide if you can handle seeing the bouncing of the numbers on the scale, because you will have days when the scale is up. But, let me say this: since I began weighing and tracking everyday, I have been able to notice patterns between my scale numbers and my calorie numbers. It was, I think, more helpful in finding my correct UD/DD numbers than the online calculators were. I saw that I seemed to lose better eating more in the 1800-1900 range than I did in the 1600-1700 range. I never would have identified that had I not been looking at those post-UD weigh-in numbers. HTH!!

I think you're doing great so far! KUTGW!!

You know the laws of dieting. All gains are water weight. All losses are of fat! --SoHappy

Last edited by Mommie22boys; 01-22-2012 at 05:31 AM..
Mommie22boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 05:27 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: itsmeshelly01
Stats: 260/150/162
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: eating lowcarb since 2005
You are doing amazing!!! congratulations!!
itsmeshelly01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 07:46 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Davian
Stats: 245 / 142 now - rather 135
WOE: Keto
Start Date: 02/24/04
I'm new to this too and since you are doing so well I thought I'd ask......I have done 2 weeks of 3 up 3 down then 1 md transition day. I'm not going anywhere....example of weights: Morning after - UD 141, DD - 138.6, UP 141.2, DD - 138.8, UP 141.0, DD - 138.6 - so as you can see my average weight still the same. Can't seem to get anything to change. I'm super careful about 500 calorie limit and I'm probably closer to 1800 to 1900 calories on UP day. Doing low carb on both days careful with dairy - just getting upset. I started low carb day after Christmas to no avail and came to this 2 weeks ago hoping to start things moving. I've got til March to get this off then the clothing change will happen.
Old 01-22-2012, 08:02 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davian View Post
I'm new to this too and since you are doing so well I thought I'd ask......I have done 2 weeks of 3 up 3 down then 1 md transition day. I'm not going anywhere....example of weights: Morning after - UD 141, DD - 138.6, UP 141.2, DD - 138.8, UP 141.0, DD - 138.6 - so as you can see my average weight still the same. Can't seem to get anything to change. I'm super careful about 500 calorie limit and I'm probably closer to 1800 to 1900 calories on UP day. Doing low carb on both days careful with dairy - just getting upset. I started low carb day after Christmas to no avail and came to this 2 weeks ago hoping to start things moving. I've got til March to get this off then the clothing change will happen.
I'm sorry to hear that you're struggling.

I have two suggestions for you...

First, I don't know how tall you are, but your calorie numbers are the same as mine and I am at least 40 pounds to goal. You're much closer to goal, so maybe your numbers need some adjustment. SoHappy and Beeb are the numbers whiz's here...they'll help you figure out your best numbers.

Second, I highly recommend ditching the MD, at least at first. By using them, you lose a whole DD every other week. It's the DDs that are quite important to weight loss on the plan. Plus, they are really something we kind of made up here, not part of Dr. J's plan. (Except once you get to maintenance, he says you can do DDs at 50% of your regular calories.)

I'm sure you'll get lots of help. Hang in there...we're all in this together.
Old 01-22-2012, 08:34 AM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: dasiey
way to go KJ as for me I just weigh after dd if
I plan on recording it.
dasiey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 09:57 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Mommie22Boys - LOL had to re-read that name.. I'm 5'6 and spent the last 2 years at 128 to 132 I developed a medical problem in Feb. 2010 and I'm going in for a 9th surgery in 3 weeks (maybe THAT will jumpstart something!) - my Urologist was afraid I'd get pregnant so he put me on the Nuvaring and I gained 5 lbs the month I started April, 5 lbs the next month May then I removed it permanently and my weight gain stopped but I can't lose that 10lbs. After doing extensive reading After the fact (duh!), I see that folks who are insulin resistant do not fair well on BC and I think I may be broken now.
Davian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 12:01 PM   #9
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: SillverOrchid
Stats: Highest weight 214\209.5/180/155
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: May 13 Restart
SillverOrchid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 01:25 PM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Davian

I am really new to this so I am not the one to ask. I keep it lc but not as low as when I was actually doing lc. I am mostly under 100 carbs when I look at my numbers but I am not counting carbs but calories but I am minefull of carbs. I drink 8 cups or more of water and I exercise 4-5 times a week. I waited 2 weeks before starting Juddd to study the plan and to understand what I needed to do to make it work. I prepare in advance what I am going to eat but I done that with lc'ing. My dd's are less then 500 and although my ud's can be as high as 1878 I usually get close but not to that number. I don't understand it myself the science behind it, all I know is that it is working for me right now and I am giving it another week to actually make up my mind. If I was making my decision today it would be yes,yes,yes.

I am sure a veteran will come along with an answer for you. Good Luck

kj
KJ-43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 03:13 PM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
KJ, that is fantastic!!!! Glad it is working so well for you. And thank you too, because it was you mentioning this that got me to look into it (I'd never heard of it before).

And I'm too new to comment on the numbers too Davian. Except to maybe go for a real 'induction', without the md and see what happens.
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 07:25 PM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Bumping so that perhaps Beeb or SoHappy will see and maybe give some numbers help to Davian.

KJ: What's the verdict on weigh-ins? Did you decide what you're going to do?
Old 01-22-2012, 07:50 PM   #13
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ-43 View Post
Good Morning,

Just completed another cycle and I am down 3.5 lbs This happen while having the food I like.
Wonderful, KJ!! This is what JUDDD is - losing weight and having the foods we like for the rest of our lives

Quote:
Quote:
Mommie22Boys - LOL had to re-read that name.. I'm 5'6 and spent the last 2 years at 128 to 132 I developed a medical problem in Feb. 2010 and I'm going in for a 9th surgery in 3 weeks (maybe THAT will jumpstart something!) - my Urologist was afraid I'd get pregnant so he put me on the Nuvaring and I gained 5 lbs the month I started April, 5 lbs the next month May then I removed it permanently and my weight gain stopped but I can't lose that 10lbs. After doing extensive reading After the fact (duh!), I see that folks who are insulin resistant do not fair well on BC and I think I may be broken now.
Hi Davian!!

I am about your height and lost well on 1700-1800 calories. Not that one set of numbers fits all, but I've noticed from my own experience and other people on the board in our height range that those are "winning numbers". You could lower your UD calories just a bit and see if that helps. I'm not one of the calorie gurus though, so hopefully one of them mosies on in here soon.

I also have IR, and BC didn't hurt me when I was younger, but I don't think my body liked it when I got older. I doubt you are "broken", more like just a little dinged up. JUDDD healed my metabolism when LC couldn't. I don't do LC on JUDDD, more moderate carb.

Anyway, if you are able to do without the MDs, try that as the others have said. You will have more DDs that way and it may make a difference since you are still new to the woe. Although some do fine with 3 DD per week at the start, it might be best to give yourself all advantages you can when you're starting and not seeing the loss you want.

Your DDs sound great, and you may see a loss very soon. Sometimes when we are losing it doesn't look like it at first because the fat cells lose fat then fill with water as a type of "place holder" in case they need to fill with fat again. When this doesn't happen, the cells collapse and we get a whoosh on the scale.
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!

Last edited by sophiethecat; 01-22-2012 at 07:55 PM..
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 08:03 PM   #14
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Quote:
Davian, lets make sure we have a pretty accurate starting number for your UDs as the first step in troubleshooting here.

So we know your height is 66 inches. Is your stat figure of 139 correct for your current weight? And how old are you?

This will let us get a suggested starting calorie number for your Up Days.

Don't become discouraged. We'll get it figured out.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 02:44 AM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

Good Morning,

I did weigh in after my ud and I am another pound down making it 4.5 for my first week.

kj
KJ-43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 04:18 PM   #16
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: BeeLove
Stats: 160/155/125 - 5'5"
WOE: Calorie Cycling
Start Date: January 1st, 2012
I'm slightly confused as to how to transition each week. If I start on Monday with a DD, I'll end on Sunday with a DD as well...so should I do an UD the following Monday or start the week over and do two DDs in a row Sunday and Monday?
BeeLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 04:28 PM   #17

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Are you trying to have your UD/DDs fall on the same days each week?

I just let the UD/DD pattern go as it's outlined on the website. Some people prefer to have their UD/DDs fall on the same days of the week so they add a mid-day into the rotation. I wouldn't recommend it until you've been JUDDDing for the full induction period, but some people did it that way from the beginning with no issues.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 04:37 PM   #18

Gallery: Pami
WOE: LC JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeLove View Post
I'm slightly confused as to how to transition each week. If I start on Monday with a DD, I'll end on Sunday with a DD as well...so should I do an UD the following Monday or start the week over and do two DDs in a row Sunday and Monday?
That's what I do- my rotation repeats every 14 days. Every day of the week
is an UD and every day of the week is a DD once during the 2-week rotation.

Oh, and I was told not to do 2 DDs in a row.

Last edited by Pami; 01-23-2012 at 04:38 PM..
Pami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 06:31 PM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pjsam1156
WOE: JUDDD for life, baby!!
Start Date: Feb 2009; RESTART: Nov. 2011 as EX-LCer
Quote:
I'm slightly confused by your "slightly confused" question
As others have said, I just do a straight UD/DD rotation, so I have 3 DDs one week and 4 DDs the next. Then it starts all over again. So there's no "transition" each week. I only throw in an MD once in a GREAT while if I need to switch a DD to a UD for a special occasion. Hope this helps.
pjsam1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 07:01 PM   #20

Quote:
We sort of recommend folks just do a straight UD/DD progression through the first two weeks. That will get the fasting benefits going good for you. So because the weeks have an odd number of days to them, that will give you one week of 4 DD & 3 UD and also one week of 3 DD & 4 UD. And you can continue this straight and simple alternation of your days forever if you wish.

However, some folks find that they want their DDs and their UDs each week, to fall on the same day every week. They want every M-W-F to be DDs, for example, with UDs in between and... ??? How do we work this?

So this is when we insert a MD (Medium Day) into the mix each week to use up that leftover odd day. Once you get to that point, we can make sure you have it set up to work well for you.
Old 01-23-2012, 07:23 PM   #21
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Truffles
Stats: 142/125/128 JUDDD
WOE: LC&JUDDD
Start Date: 3/11 LC - 1/12 LC/JUDDD
Question... Does it really matter if you go every other day every week?? If I were to have 2 DD's in a row, and then 2UD's in a row some weeks would if be ok?
Truffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 10:04 PM   #22
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: fleur
WOE: one toe into starting JUDD
Start Date: 1/18/2012
OK, I am at the end of my 6th day on JUDDD. I'm doing well on my DD's. When I figured out yesterday's calories, they were just under 500. I have a lot of weight to lose (about 100 lbs), am 5'6", 53 years old and perimenopausal. When I used the calculator, my UD's came out to 2541. Does that sound like it makes sense? (I did put in very little exercise into the formula. I get some walking in at the moment).

I have not been weighing. I made a decision not to until my clothes showed me I was at a certain point when I started doing a moderately low carb program, the belly fat cure a few months ago. As of yet, I am not back into the jeans that I am looking to fit into to know that I am at a weight I won't be traumatized to see on the scale. (I'm hopeful that people here will understand that!)

I'm a bit nervous with people here talking about staying at 1800-1900. And I suppose I'm about to be told that there is no way to know for sure without weighing. IS that the only way I can for sure check on myself to see if my calories are at the right level? (I am not doing the program LC, by the way). Thanks for any help!
Old 01-23-2012, 10:35 PM   #23
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleur View Post
OK, I am at the end of my 6th day on JUDDD. I'm doing well on my DD's. When I figured out yesterday's calories, they were just under 500. I have a lot of weight to lose (about 100 lbs), am 5'6", 53 years old and perimenopausal. When I used the calculator, my UD's came out to 2541. Does that sound like it makes sense?
Hi fleur!

I am on day 7 and I am 53, 5'4" and postmeno. My metabolism is not running optimally either. I will let the pro's give you the expert advice, but I do know that Dr. J has the calories a tad high for UD. I know from my Calorie Restriction days that I can't do the high calories that he suggests for me. I am eating 1500 and some days a bit less and I am losing right now.
I wish you the best on this journey! The jeans are a great idea! I am a scale addict especially when I am on a mission.
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...th-august.html
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 10:38 PM   #24
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ-43 View Post
Good Morning,

I did weigh in after my ud and I am another pound down making it 4.5 for my first week.

kj

Losing makes the effort worth it!!! You are winning at JUDDD!
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 11:23 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleur View Post
OK, I am at the end of my 6th day on JUDDD. I'm doing well on my DD's. When I figured out yesterday's calories, they were just under 500. I have a lot of weight to lose (about 100 lbs), am 5'6", 53 years old and perimenopausal. When I used the calculator, my UD's came out to 2541. Does that sound like it makes sense? (I did put in very little exercise into the formula. I get some walking in at the moment).

I have not been weighing. I made a decision not to until my clothes showed me I was at a certain point when I started doing a moderately low carb program, the belly fat cure a few months ago. As of yet, I am not back into the jeans that I am looking to fit into to know that I am at a weight I won't be traumatized to see on the scale. (I'm hopeful that people here will understand that!)

I'm a bit nervous with people here talking about staying at 1800-1900. And I suppose I'm about to be told that there is no way to know for sure without weighing. IS that the only way I can for sure check on myself to see if my calories are at the right level? (I am not doing the program LC, by the way). Thanks for any help!
The stats required to get your UD number are sex, height, weight, age, and level of exercise, and we almost always use the *little or no exercise* level for the calculations. Without knowing your current weight to figure the calculations on, any number would just be pulling something out of thin air.

But, I will say that your calorie number for UDs sounds pretty high. The problem with the UD numbers we are given if we are quite overweight when we start JUDDD is that the figure we are given is a maintenance level of calories, and if we give it a heavy weight to do the figures on, it gives us back a big calorie number to maintain ourselves... and our overweight status.

So in the instance of us being very much overweight when we use the JUDDD calculator, it is felt that we are given an *overly generous* calorie number for our UDs. This being the case, we mostly recommend folks chop that calorie number down some. May I suggest that you bring your UD number down more around 2100 or so to start with? This might give you a greater degree of success while still providing the calories to support yourself comfortably during initial weight loss.

As you continue losing more and more weight on JUDDD, you will finally need to figure once again to get your new UD number, but 2100 should be a good place to start anyway. If you find you absolutely cannot lose weight at that number, you can bring the number down further after awhile, but this may be low enough to get you off to a good start. Particularly if you are able to hold to pretty low DDs like today's. That was a good job!

Good luck. I wish you great success! Post often and let us all know how you're doing. Post your weight loss as the days go by. And if you run into any problems, post for advice and suggestions. Everyone is very friendly and supportive here!

Last edited by SoHappy; 01-23-2012 at 11:26 PM..
Old 01-24-2012, 07:04 AM   #26
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
Davian, lets make sure we have a pretty accurate starting number for your UDs as the first step in troubleshooting here.

So we know your height is 66 inches. Is your stat figure of 139 correct for your current weight? And how old are you?

This will let us get a suggested starting calorie number for your Up Days.

Don't become discouraged. We'll get it figured out.
I'm 5'6 weight 139.0 (just weighed) I'm 42. I am around 400 to 500 on DDs which I've been doing 3 days a week. My UD is 1600 to 1750 depending on the day. My MD (Sunday) has been 1350 to 1450.

I began LC on 12/26/11 142.4 was my start weight. So you can see I'm not making any forward progress. I started JUDDD 2 weeks ago but just go btwn 138 and 141 which is where I was eating like an idiot. Go figure...
Old 01-24-2012, 07:42 AM   #27

Quote:
I'm 5'6 weight 139.0 (just weighed) I'm 42. I am around 400 to 500 on DDs which I've been doing 3 days a week. My UD is 1600 to 1750 depending on the day. My MD (Sunday) has been 1350 to 1450.

I began LC on 12/26/11 142.4 was my start weight. So you can see I'm not making any forward progress. I started JUDDD 2 weeks ago but just go btwn 138 and 141 which is where I was eating like an idiot. Go figure...
OK, first of all, we can focus on the numbers.. and the JUDDD Calorie Calculator pegs your UD calorie ceiling at 1650. So if you are eating up to 1750 some days, as you mentioned above, and even up to 1800 to 1900 calories as you mentioned in a previous post further back in this thread, the *overage* of calories can build up and rob you of a lost pound.

You say you are eating at 400 to 500 calories on your DDs, so if that is correct, those days are being held low enough at this time.. so no problem there.

Than you say you do a MD each week, which should be half-way between your UD & DD numbers... which for you would make it 1075 calories tops. But you state above that you eat at 1350 to 1450 calories on those MDs, so once again, you are over by 300 to 400 calories on those days too.

So, first of all, it could be that you are simply eating too high for weight loss. Those extra calories that we eat instead of don't eat, add up to pounds lost or not lost, so that could be a part of it.

Secondly, Calorie Calculators just *play to the average* so while those calorie numbers usually work for folks, occasionally there is somebody who can't deal with the number that is given and must truly go lower. For whatever reason, their metabolism is so sluggish that it simply doesn't function up to the level it needs to, to even reasonably match the calorie numbers the calculators spit out. It doesn't happen often, but it does happen. And in that case the calorie ceiling for UDs and for MDs has to be lowered, so the dieter has to chop a hundred or more calories off their number. Sad, but true.

One of the biggest, biggest, biggest reasons that somebody can be experiencing no weight loss is that they aren't truly accurate on their calorie counts. From not measuring their foods, not figuring and tracking their daily calories. Instead of truly accounting for their calories, they eyeball and guesstimate, and aren't doing a very good job of it. Only you know whether this is *you* or not. Some can get away with it. But some ruin their chances for weight loss by doing it.

Another BIG thing that can prevent much/any weight loss for the first couple of weeks is if the dieter has come from previously low(ish) carb and now has included quite a bit more higher carb foods in their food choices. That's one of the fun things about JUDDD - that we can eat any foods we want to - but we'll undoubtedly gain water weight from this for the first couple of weeks.. so even if we're truly losing some body fat, the scale can't tell that. The fat loss is counterbalanced by the water gain, and on the scale.. it all still looks the same. But if folks have measured their bodies, they can usually see they are losing inches.

These are just a few things that have come to mind that might give you some clues to help you figure it out. Hope this helps you to pinpoint the probably reason you don't seem to be losing. And when all is said and done, sometimes it just takes awhile for it to *kick in* and for the magic to start happening. In which case, you just wait it out for a bit longer.

Good luck. Hope you'll report your stats each day on the appropriate thread so we can track this with you.
Old 01-24-2012, 09:17 AM   #28
Senior LCF Member

Wow very insightful and somewhat distressing. I have a feeling I'm going to need a 'starving' month or something to get things moving. I did that in February 2010 didn't eat above 600 calories a day for 7 weeks but once my weight plummeted I did NOT gain it back (I had a baby and couldn't lose pregnancy weight). My DH doesn't like it when I do that and he says I grossly over estimate the calories I DO eat. I'm a perfect weigher/measurer - so much so I've won those jars filled with items things you see. My closest was a jar of candy corn - I missed it by 1 candy corn but I was the closest guess.

Before all of this my day:

cup of coffee for breakfast - 100 calorie yogurt
lunch - yogurt and small apple
dinner - piece of meat, 3 tbsp of vegetable and small side salad w low everything dressing
8 PM- 1 measured serving of low sugar ice cream (140 calories)

That's it - wash rinse and repeat day after day. He thinks I don't eat enough and that's why I'm chronically stalled but every time I eat more I gain. So I've got gaining down and flat out stalls down but not losing that's what I can't seem to do without doing something really extreme.
Old 01-24-2012, 09:37 AM   #29

Quote:
Wow very insightful and somewhat distressing. I have a feeling I'm going to need a 'starving' month or something to get things moving. I did that in February 2010 didn't eat above 600 calories a day for 7 weeks but once my weight plummeted I did NOT gain it back (I had a baby and couldn't lose pregnancy weight). My DH doesn't like it when I do that and he says I grossly over estimate the calories I DO eat. I'm a perfect weigher/measurer - so much so I've won those jars filled with items things you see. My closest was a jar of candy corn - I missed it by 1 candy corn but I was the closest guess.

Before all of this my day:

cup of coffee for breakfast - 100 calorie yogurt
lunch - yogurt and small apple
dinner - piece of meat, 3 tbsp of vegetable and small side salad w low everything dressing
8 PM- 1 measured serving of low sugar ice cream (140 calories)

That's it - wash rinse and repeat day after day. He thinks I don't eat enough and that's why I'm chronically stalled but every time I eat more I gain. So I've got gaining down and flat out stalls down but not losing that's what I can't seem to do without doing something really extreme.
No starving. No starving. LOL We do pretty much know from the studies that bringing calories down low and holding them there will eventually trigger the brain to also slow down metabolic burn so that the low calorie level will be enough to sustain us. Unhappily, if we have a metabolism that doesn't just pop back up and burn faster once we start eating lots again, then all the extra calories aren't burned up.. they're stored. So there are plenty of us here who sort of trashed our metabolisms by trying to diet at continual lowered calorie levels for fairly extended periods of time. (And other causes too, of course.)

You will be happy to hear that JUDDD will probably be able to help you with this. If you are good about respecting your calorie ceilings, are able to eat up to about that number but not over much, and are patient enough to do it for awhile, I am pretty sure that JUDDD can get you working right again.

We don't quite know the *why* or the *how*.. but there is something about that alternating fasting/feasting/fasting/feasting cycle that we adhere to on JUDDD that heals a lot of what is wrong with our metabolisms. There is something about that piston action of bouncing, of pounding, Up/Down/Up/Down that stimulates better metabolism in many of us than we've experienced in years, in forever! So there is certainly hope for you too!

At this point, I hope you will be willing to just do your Up Day and Down Day rotation as accurately as you can, with as few MDs as you possible (to keep that piston up/down pounding going) and give it some time. Don't skimp on the UD calories, but don't go over. Don't go over on the DD calories, trying to hold to 500 or fewer. And give your body some time to heal and recover a more normal function.

And then weigh each morning and average out your ending weight for each week. It shouldn't take too long before you notice each week's average is lower than the week before. And then you'll be on your way.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you!!!
Old 01-24-2012, 09:41 AM   #30
Senior LCF Member

SoHappy - your explanation is Exactly why I decided to give JUDDD a whirl. I figured since my metabolism is broken more hardcore dieting is just going to make my body stall even further. I was praying that the up and down variety of calories would work better. I'll keep going until February 6th. By that date, I have to stop eating for 3 days and will have surgery. After that, see what happens - probably just come right back to JUDDD and pray to be down by spring.