Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2012, 08:42 AM   #31
Way too much time on my hands!
 
SoHappy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 17,879
Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davian View Post
SoHappy - your explanation is Exactly why I decided to give JUDDD a whirl. I figured since my metabolism is broken more hardcore dieting is just going to make my body stall even further. I was praying that the up and down variety of calories would work better. I'll keep going until February 6th. By that date, I have to stop eating for 3 days and will have surgery. After that, see what happens - probably just come right back to JUDDD and pray to be down by spring.
Adding my prayers to yours!
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2012, 08:43 AM   #32
Senior LCF Member
 
cherryhair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 69
Gallery: cherryhair
Stats: 230.4/215.8/160
Start Date: 1/4/12
[QUOTE=SoHappy;15355739]

So in the instance of us being very much overweight when we use the JUDDD calculator, it is felt that we are given an *overly generous* calorie number for our UDs. This being the case, we mostly recommend folks chop that calorie number down some. May I suggest that you bring your UD number down more around 2100 or so to start with? This might give you a greater degree of success while still providing the calories to support yourself comfortably during initial weight loss.



Just curious was this just a feeling or were people actually not losing weight with the number given on the JUDDD calculator?
cherryhair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 08:43 AM   #33
Senior LCF Member
 
Davian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA
Posts: 956
Gallery: Davian
Stats: 245 / 142 now - rather 135
WOE: Maintenance plus.....
Start Date: 02/24/04
So instead of MD day - I should do 4 UP days and 3 DD or the reverse? It's hard on the weekend because the family is here but I will work to do what's right.
Davian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 10:13 AM   #34
Way too much time on my hands!
 
SoHappy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 17,879
Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherryhair View Post

So in the instance of us being very much overweight when we use the JUDDD calculator, it is felt that we are given an *overly generous* calorie number for our UDs. This being the case, we mostly recommend folks chop that calorie number down some. May I suggest that you bring your UD number down more around 2100 or so to start with? This might give you a greater degree of success while still providing the calories to support yourself comfortably during initial weight loss.



Just curious was this just a feeling or were people actually not losing weight with the number given on the JUDDD calculator?
I think mostly a gut feel of the *old hands* at JUDDD. A sort of *You watch, and then you see the results* based over time. I think mostly based on the experiences of those who were quite overweight, and not having as much success as they did, once they lowered the *oversized* UD calorie number they were given, inflated because of the extra body fat weight they entered into the calculator.

If it works for good weight loss at much higher calorie numbers, it'd be hard to want to reduce your UD cals in the face of success.

But when the success just isn't happening so much, you begin to appreciate the idea that you may be at a point where the extra calories aren't doing you any favors. LOL
__________________
Best wishes, Pat

Last edited by SoHappy; 01-24-2012 at 10:32 AM..
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 10:23 AM   #35
Way too much time on my hands!
 
SoHappy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 17,879
Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davian View Post
So instead of MD day - I should do 4 UP days and 3 DD or the reverse? It's hard on the weekend because the family is here but I will work to do what's right.
Since two MDs (one each week) come out to be the same calories as the single DD and single UD that you would experience if you did a straight rotation, you would think it wouldn't make any difference. The calories all come out the same.

But if you did all MDs, every day for two weeks, the calories would also be the same, but the overall long term results don't seem to be the same at all. General *diets* can usually help us lose weight reasonably effectively, at least at first, but they often seem to loose their effectiveness for us, even as we are still faithfully doing them. For at least some of us, holding calories low too much seems to trigger that slowdown of metabolism, when we are really hoping it can heal and speed up.

Many do MDs once each week to keep their rotation the same every week, and it works well for them. If it works well for you, I sure don't see why you'd want to cut it out.

But if it seems to be slogging your speed of weight loss down, you might want to only do it some of the weeks. That great spread between the Up and Down calories, and then that cycling between them really does seem to work better than just reducing calories overall does. We call it magic. It's just the way JUDDD works.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 10:35 AM   #36
Senior LCF Member
 
cherryhair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 69
Gallery: cherryhair
Stats: 230.4/215.8/160
Start Date: 1/4/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
I think mostly a gut feel of the *old hands* at JUDDD. A sort of *You watch, and then you see the results* based over time. I think mostly based on the experiences of those who were quite overweight, and not having as much success as they did, once they lowered the *oversized* UD calorie number they were given, inflated because of the extra body fat weight they entered into the calculator.

If it works for good weight loss at much higher calorie numbers, it'd be hard to want to reduce your UD cals in the face of success.

But when the success just isn't happening so much, you begin to appreciate the idea that you may be at a point where the extra calories aren't doing you any favors. LOL
Thanks knowing this helps
cherryhair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 10:53 AM   #37
Blabbermouth!!!
 
sophiethecat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Maintain Lane
Posts: 5,189
Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post

You will be happy to hear that JUDDD will probably be able to help you with this. If you are good about respecting your calorie ceilings, are able to eat up to about that number but not over much, and are patient enough to do it for awhile, I am pretty sure that JUDDD can get you working right again.

We don't quite know the *why* or the *how*.. but there is something about that alternating fasting/feasting/fasting/feasting cycle that we adhere to on JUDDD that heals a lot of what is wrong with our metabolisms. There is something about that piston action of bouncing, of pounding, Up/Down/Up/Down that stimulates better metabolism in many of us than we've experienced in years, in forever!
So there is certainly hope for you too!

At this point, I hope you will be willing to just do your Up Day and Down Day rotation as accurately as you can, with as few MDs as you possible (to keep that piston up/down pounding going) and give it some time. Don't skimp on the UD calories, but don't go over. Don't go over on the DD calories, trying to hold to 500 or fewer. And give your body some time to heal and recover a more normal function.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you!!!
Yes, I used to think I had a great metabolism for the most part, and then I gained all that weight (insulin resistance caught up with me due to the sedentary life and too many refined carbs all the time), and when I went on LC I really thought my metabolism was busted. For the most part I lost sooo slow on LC (seemed slow to me, I was used to weight falling off when I put any effort into it), and by the end of my strict LC days, it was taking me 3 - 4 weeks to lose 1 #.

JUDDD jump-started my metabolism, and the longer I was on it, the better it got. I pretty much stuck to straight UD/DD rotation for at least the first 2 weeks to get into the SIRT1 groove.
__________________
Started JUDDD 10/12/11 after LC.
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 08:59 PM   #38
Senior LCF Member
 
fleur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: east coast USA
Posts: 174
Gallery: fleur
WOE: one toe into starting JUDD
Start Date: 1/18/2012
Sophie, that is so encouraging to hear. I know that my metablosim is not in great shape. Hopefully getting much better since starting JUDDD!!!
fleur is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:33 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.