Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2012, 01:05 PM   #1
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: julietcc
Stats: JUDDD - 118.6/112/112-115 highest weight 194 5'4"
WOE: Atkins, then JUDDD
Start Date: Started JUDDD 10/26/11
Before pictures of my skinny fat body

I'm being very brave here. I am skinny fat and I don't like my body! I'm 5'4", weigh around 111 and wear a 0 or a 2 depending on the brand.

I'm posting these pictures to convince others of the importance of exercise and to keep myself accountable starting right now. I really regret not exercising and doing weight training along my journey. Don't end up like me.

I started lifting my hand weights 2 days ago and this morning, I did the 30 Day Shred and Pilates Made Simple. This is the day that I will start trying to build some muscles and try to improve the appearance of my loose skin, cellulite and flabby areas! I look really thin in clothes but I really want to look strong and toned in a bikini this summer. I have 7 exercise DVDs that have been collecting dust! From this day forward, I plan to do at least 1 DVD 5 times/per week and then repost pictures in a month. I don't know how much it will improve my loose skin issues (thighs, arms, and lower tummy) but I imagine it has to get better. Any advice to tone up is welcome!

Here goes. Pictures from this morning:

Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2012, 01:14 PM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by julietcc View Post
I'm being very brave here. I am skinny fat and I don't like my body! I'm 5'4", weigh around 111 and wear a 0 or a 2 depending on the brand.

I'm posting these pictures to convince others of the importance of exercise and to keep myself accountable starting right now. I really regret not exercising and doing weight training along my journey. Don't end up like me.

I started lifting my hand weights 2 days ago and this morning, I did the 30 Day Shred and Pilates Made Simple. This is the day that I will start trying to build some muscles and try to improve the appearance of my loose skin, cellulite and flabby areas! I look really thin in clothes but I really want to look strong and toned in a bikini this summer. I have 7 exercise DVDs that have been collecting dust! From this day forward, I plan to do at least 1 DVD 5 times/per week and then repost pictures in a month. I don't know how much it will improve my loose skin issues (thighs, arms, and lower tummy) but I imagine it has to get better. Any advice to tone up is welcome!

Here goes. Pictures from this morning:

Wow, Julie, I can only hope to "end up like you"! I don't see the issues you speak of, but I know how it is - we are always harder on ourselves.

I also have ambitions to get in a bikini this summer, so you are helping to motivate me to get my buns off the couch and do something, lol. I have months and months to get toned up, but you know what, it will be here before we turn around.

I am going to do what I was doing this summer. Callanetics 3 x week. I'm going to do pushups and work with some weights. I'll start walking when the weather gets "spring-y". That's about all I can do with my lazy disposition. Maybe I will get a membership at the YMCA and use their workout room.

Let's motivate each other!

Seriously though, you look great - I wanna be where you are right now, lol. My own "skinny fat" body needs some help.

MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 01:38 PM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sophie, I really want to try the Callanetics! Last night I ordered Callanetics Evolution from Amazon and it will be here Tuesday. I also ordered Exhale: Core Fusion - Body Sculpt. I have 3 Jillian DVDs, 1 Bob Harper DVD, and the Pilates one. I wish I had started this months ago We can do this. Believe me, I know how nice the sofa is after a long day.
julietcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 02:12 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kris4chloe
Stats: 229/181/140 HW:265
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Sept 2011 Restart / Sept 2010 Original Start
Julie you look amazing! I don't see the fat, but I can only imagine how rocking your body will be after all the exercise. Being a southern california girl to i know how much the pressure is to have a bikini body.

My goal is to be able to wear just a bathing suit this summer, haven't worn one in public in over 10 years. Heck shorts instead of capris will be an improvement.

Can't wait to see your progress!!
kris4chloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 02:54 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cherryhair
Stats: 230.4/215.8/160
Start Date: 1/4/12
Whatever Julie (giving you the side eye)-You look great!!!
cherryhair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 02:58 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: oneoftwo
Stats: 146/120/120 (maintain 118-120max) 5'3.5"
WOE: Atkins/HCG one round to goal/JUDDD to maintain
You look great !! I also feel the same way though so I can relate.

I just took some bikini pictures the other day and if this was not a "open to the public" forum I would post them.

I am sure you will be successful and look even better then you do now by the time summer is here !! Keep us posted

Here is my current plan.

Running wise
April 1st -1/2 marathon (my second 1/2). Training now
May 1st -10 mile race (my second time doing this)
June - my first Mud Run, a big reason why I need to work more on my upper body!

Training beyond running

1/8 to 2/6 - 30 day Shred DVD and I am just adding the P90X Ab Ripper DVD to this
2/7 to 3/7 - Ripped in 30 DVD
3/8 to 4/19 - Butt Bible DVD
4/20 to 6/1 - 6 week 6 pack DVD
oneoftwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 03:03 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: HotMommy
Stats: 5'8 175/127/120-133
WOE: LC primal
Start Date: About 5 years ago
I can relate to what you're talking about however you seem to have fantasic definition IMO!
This is a pic of me, you can really see the lack of tone

HotMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 03:12 PM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
I am not 'skinny', but certainly trimmer than I was last Aug, but since I didn't exercise while losing, I'm flabby too. (although neither you nor hotmommy look flabby at all).

I have belly fat/love handles that need to go, as well as jiggly thighs.

So, I'm motivated to tone too. I have no ambition to wear a bikini, I just want to be stronger and toned.
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 03:19 PM   #9
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Star73
Stats: 238/220/140
WOE: LC
Start Date: 10/01/2012
Julie, you look great! So do you hotmommy!
Star73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 04:27 PM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hotmommy you look like a model!

Thanks for the compliments, gals. My thighs need the most work! They are pointy and jiggly. My arms are pretty jiggly too. I actually have the shake weight but stopped using it after the first week about a year ago.

I'll be alternating my DVDs and hope for the best!

I have a thin friend with cellulite who runs and works out all the time. She says cellulite is genetic and there's nothing you can do about it But maybe adding some muscle will at least fill in my droopy skin a little. A little color would help, too, since I'm pasty white right now
Old 01-21-2012, 04:40 PM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Julie and HotMama are both slenderitas! So pretty!

Julie, you will see results with Callanetics in 2 weeks. It is the only thing that worked for me when I was young. I am going to start the Super Callanetics again along with my rebounding. I wish you much success!!!

There is an awesome Callanetics Support thread here with wonderful update pics if you get some time to look.
Very motivating!
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 04:47 PM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post

Julie, you will see results with Callanetics in 2 weeks. It is the only thing that worked for me when I was young. I am going to start the Super Callanetics again along with my rebounding. I wish you much success!!!

There is an awesome Callanetics Support thread here with wonderful update pics if you get some time to look.
Very motivating!
Yes I am very excited to try this! I got the Callanetics Evolution. I just couldn't bring myself to buy the outdated looking 10 Years Younger in 10 Hours. You'll have to tell me how the "super" one is. I think I read it is more advanced. I'll check out that thread. It would be really great if I could learn some new moves after doing the DVD a few times to do as I watch some other TV show - to kill 2 birds with one stone.
Old 01-21-2012, 04:48 PM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Very motivating!
What is Callanetics?
Old 01-21-2012, 04:58 PM   #14
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: LadyKT
Stats: 159/153/125 - 5'3"
WOE: Ah Ah Ah Ah Stayin' Alive, Stayin' Alive.
Julie you're my inspiration I've been doing some internet reading on IF and working out - Here's a link I came across yesterday: Intermittent Fasting - Lose Weight Faster By Not Eating? | Nerd Fitness

I was going to post a "success story" of a girl's story I came across yesterday who put on 20 lbs of muscle and still looked like her 117 lb self - buuuutttt....she's a powerlifter and eats 3000 cals a day - NOT BULKY AT ALL! Okay, if you're curious...heres the link to staci's story: Meet Staci: Your New Powerlifting Super Hero | Nerd Fitness

Like I said, she EATS ALL DAY LONG. Not JUDDD, Not IF. Soooo probably not the best example - but do keep in mind you cannot build muscle on a calorie deficit.

And i'll preach it once more - please don't be too concerned with what the scale says! If you're working out with weights, just focus on how your jeans fit - all will be well

Add me as a friend! Facebook
LadyKT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 04:58 PM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Knittering
Stats: (250) 236/172/150 5'8
WOE: LC
Start Date: Restart: 2/18/13
You are both beautiful. HotMommy looks like a model and Julie, I don't see anything "fat" about you.
Knittering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 04:59 PM   #16
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneoftwo View Post
What is Callanetics?
I don't know yet I watched a little on youtube. Here is a description:

Callanetics exercises generally feature small pulses or contractions of muscles rather than lots of movement and sweat. It uses isometric movement, which is when we carefully flex and pulse different parts of our bodies in small precise movements. We are working with our body to tone and lift, rather than against the body when we strain to lift weights. Lifting weights contracts and shortens our muscles. Callanetics elongates our muscles. As Callanetics targets deeper muscles, posture is improved which improves the overall body profile. One example of a Callanetics exercise is to press your palms together as hard as you can for one minute. You can see that this requires a lot from your arm muscles even though nothing is moving!
Old 01-21-2012, 05:07 PM   #17
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKT View Post
Julie you're my inspiration I've been doing some internet reading on IF and working out - Here's a link I came across yesterday: Intermittent Fasting - Lose Weight Faster By Not Eating? | Nerd Fitness

I was going to post a "success story" of a girl's story I came across yesterday who put on 20 lbs of muscle and still looked like her 117 lb self - buuuutttt....she's a powerlifter and eats 3000 cals a day - NOT BULKY AT ALL! Okay, if you're curious...heres the link to staci's story: Meet Staci: Your New Powerlifting Super Hero | Nerd Fitness

Like I said, she EATS ALL DAY LONG. Not JUDDD, Not IF. Soooo probably not the best example - but do keep in mind you cannot build muscle on a calorie deficit.

And i'll preach it once more - please don't be too concerned with what the scale says! If you're working out with weights, just focus on how your jeans fit - all will be well
Wow that Staci story is amazing! I'd be ok with the scale going up if I could have a defined body like hers! Thank you for posting that.
Old 01-21-2012, 05:13 PM   #18
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: LadyKT
Stats: 159/153/125 - 5'3"
WOE: Ah Ah Ah Ah Stayin' Alive, Stayin' Alive.
Quote:
Wow that Staci story is amazing! I'd be ok with the scale going up if I could have a defined body like hers! Thank you for posting that.
Me too! But deadlifting 2x my bodyweight?! I have 7lb weights at home...I don't think that'll happen ever!
LadyKT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 05:32 PM   #19
hay
Funfetti Freak

Gallery: hay
WOE: ww
NEITHER of you lovely ladies are 'skinny fat'! You both look great.
hay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 05:37 PM   #20
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JKat
Start Date: December 2003
You both look fantastic!!!!
JKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 05:41 PM   #21
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mattsmama
Stats: 188/129.2/135 5'8" 42 yo
Start Date: JUDDD-11/11 to present (LC-5/11-11/11)
Okay, Julie...I'm in, too...I reached my January goal (139-size 4) 2 days ago, and I know exactly what you mean in your OP. I have some serious loose places.
I have some pilates and yoga videos that I am going to do, plus I have a gym membership. I am going to get back to a little light weight lifting and swimming, etc. No heavy sweating, but definitely toning!

Thanks for the push to be even healthier! This post was very inspiring!

Please let me know what you think of the Callanetics. I am very interested, but I want to find out from someone who is new to it what you think. If you like it, I will order it from Amazon, too.

When everything feels like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top....

Goal Weight achieved 02/25/2012 on JUDDD- and still losing!
mattsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 05:43 PM   #22
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sherrymyra
I am trying to get myself motivated to do something, anything. I do have a couple of DVD's, Tone & Sweat (with stretchy bands) and Blast & Tone (handweights) by Richard Simmons. I have many other tapes also. I could never get motivated enough to life the real weights like that gal. She does look awesome, as do you two.

I'm hoping these DVD's would help, at least with some, of my untonedness. Probably not working up to a bikini, as my years are past that. lol.

I would love to hear more about the Callanetics Evolution DVD.

Last edited by sherrymyra; 01-21-2012 at 05:47 PM.. Reason: adding some
sherrymyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 05:47 PM   #23
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneoftwo View Post
What is Callanetics?

I am 53, and it is the one toning isometric exercise that is so easy yet gets very fast results....

If you have time to read this thread, you will be impressed...
http://http://www.lowcarbfriends.com...er-photos.html
Old 01-21-2012, 05:48 PM   #24
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: itsmeshelly01
Stats: 260/150/162
Start Date: eating lowcarb since 2005
You both look amazing! I would give anything to have your problem with skinny fat...lol. if you want to see skinny fat you should see me. I have excess skin that won't be going anywhere no matter how much exercise I do. You just need to tone a little. I bet adding the callanetics and lifting some weights will work wonders for you. Just don't quit when the scale starts going up because it will but it's just water at first and then adding the muscle. It will be totally with it.
itsmeshelly01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 05:52 PM   #25
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Yes I am very excited to try this! I got the Callanetics Evolution. I just couldn't bring myself to buy the outdated looking 10 Years Younger in 10 Hours. You'll have to tell me how the "super" one is. I think I read it is more advanced. I'll check out that thread. It would be really great if I could learn some new moves after doing the DVD a few times to do as I watch some other TV show - to kill 2 birds with one stone.
Julie,
Yes, you will become a pro and be able to watch tv while killing the callanetics. Another reason that it is my fav exercise, is because of the ease of doing it anywhere! I love to do the arm and hip exercise in my office.
Old 01-21-2012, 06:08 PM   #26
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Now I'm getting all excited about my Callanetics DVD coming next week! I'll give you all a review. I'm not planning to become an exercise fiend but if I could just do 30 minutes a day, I think it will make a difference. I honestly hate to sweat so I probably won't go any harder than the 30 Day Shred. That's why I always liked weight training types of things. It should help out with my osteopenia, too.
Old 01-21-2012, 06:09 PM   #27
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
I am 53, and it is the one toning isometric exercise that is so easy yet gets very fast results....

If you have time to read this thread, you will be impressed...
http://http://www.lowcarbfriends.com...er-photos.html
I love Callanetics. I bought the old 80s leotards dvd (10 Years...) in August, and it worked wonders. I just didn't stick with exercise when Fall came. Typical for me. I started up once this new year, but hope to get off to a fresh start with it this coming week. I love how Callanetics works so fast and dramatically.
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 06:10 PM   #28
Senior LCF Member

Maybe we can start a support thread to support and motovate?
Old 01-21-2012, 06:12 PM   #29
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Now I'm getting all excited about my Callanetics DVD coming next week! I'll give you all a review. I'm not planning to become an exercise fiend but if I could just do 30 minutes a day, I think it will make a difference. I honestly hate to sweat so I probably won't go any harder than the 30 Day Shred. That's why I always liked weight training types of things. It should help out with my osteopenia, too.
I love the 30DS...quick time wise but effective. I need that since I am also running for my half marathon training
Old 01-21-2012, 06:13 PM   #30
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: leonak
Stats: 122/113.5/110-114
Start Date: Start 2-1-14
Both of you young gals look super great! I would be thrilled to have such a body!

Good Luck To you both!
leonak is online now   Reply With Quote